It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Puterman - are you watching the live cam - close up image? Is that another new outlet on the far right of the image?

BTW - not sure which cam is the guilty party but they're sure chewing through my broadband allowance - just got stroppy email from hubby! ha!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

We use the Vodafone cam and that is pointing approx SE as we could see the moon rise - which is in the SE at present. Looking on the map Katla is to the left and behind the view. That would make this new split possibly about the same distance from Katla as the existing one as I see it.

We just don't have enough speed to use the live cam and it cooks my computer so I can't answer that one. I am trying to get the Vodafone pic to have a look.

[edit on 31/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

A new fissure about 300 meters long opened up on Wednesday, state radio said. Geologists believe this could mean activity is moving further north, toward the nature reserve of Thorsmork, a popular tourist site. Vidir Gardarsson of the Civil Defense in Reykjavik told the newspaper Morgonbladid the fissure was still expanding. "We want to move people away from the area while we figure out what is going on," he said. "This is a security measure while this evolves."

www.washingtonpost.com...

So it seems Katla and Ireland are safe... for now..

[edit on 31-3-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That just cracked me up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to find a recent aerial pic of the volcano, showing the new split? I would have no idea where to look.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by skitzspiricy]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

A new fissure about 300 meters long opened up on Wednesday, state radio said. Geologists believe this could mean activity is moving further north, toward the nature reserve of Thorsmork, a popular tourist site. Vidir Gardarsson of the Civil Defense in Reykjavik told the newspaper Morgonbladid the fissure was still expanding. "We want to move people away from the area while we figure out what is going on," he said. "This is a security measure while this evolves."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Well that confirms what I said about direction.

NOT moving towards Katla just yet!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Don't quote me on this but I think the new vent is approx as I have marked on this recent NASA photo.

Here is the original NASA picture

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This Volcanism Blog is interesting. I am bookmarking it.

volcanism.wordpress.com...

It has pictures.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You really got to get my program. There is a permanent link to that site as well as John Search Volcano Live and a couple of others - and 19 web cams on volcanoes- and this list grows as I find things.

QuakeData? I think I should rename it!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

OK. I will get your program.. I hope it is not too complicated for my little pea brain.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Just hold off for 24 hrs. New version coming.

Side By side plots etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ok will do. Let me know when ready.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Link to QuakeWatch with some bedtime reading while you wait for the next QuakeData release!

Link

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here's some more news

The magma path revealed
en.vedur.is...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Folks, I just want to say - You All did a fine job of reporting and recording today's events - you all deserve flags and stars and everything else that could be given - great team work !!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here's a live cam for the Icelandic eruption.

Apologies if it's been posted already.

Eyjafjallajökull - Mila - Live Volcano Cam 1

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Awww, the nicest lass, in volcano/earthquake land... a team y'all are for sure when it come's to being on top of this earth, and her tricks...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My theory as to why they thought it was "dieing down", magma flow shifted and was pushing up the new fissure

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
:edit: delete, accidental dbl post

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why o why does Vodaphone have such an issue with the transition from one day to the next? Frustrating to say the least!

Its now showing March 31, 2010 Hour 26 and of course no picture.... jeez.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I imagine now that we have a new fissure all cams will be re adjusted - if you are saving data for overlying plots you may want to get ready for the re positioning.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join