It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video of what could be Bigfoot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Interesting video. I have to say that the skip at the 30 sec. mark has me pretty skeptical. Up until then, it did look very much like the back of an animal, at that mark all of a sudden the front with a face? Seems suspicious.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Interesting video. I have to say that the skip at the 30 sec. mark has me pretty skeptical. Up until then, it did look very much like the back of an animal, at that mark all of a sudden the front with a face? Seems suspicious.

This is the explanation of that "We were filming from the back at first, shut the camera off to walk around to the front, then started filming again"

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

I missed that explanation, was that what the hikers gave? or is that speculation on "our" part?
I suppose it could be the case, but I'm still wondering why anyone would shut off a camera/vid, walk around a tree, than turn it back on? Doesn't seem logical.
Regardless, it's interesting. Hope you are able to gather more info.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

They video skips but they don't change sides of the tree. Looking at the broken branch to its left its the same before and after the 30 sec skip. looks like they moved forward several feet though to shoot under the branch blocking the head.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
ok just got an email from the woman, I believe in the video heres what she said.
"I would estimate it's weight somewhere between 50-75 pounds and approximately 3-4 feet from head to toe, in the crouched position. It was big and fat, maybe four feet around it's center. "

Ok so I would say if it were 3-4 feet crouching it would have to be at least 5-6 feet standing and that would mean its much more than the weight she guessed.

This woman is wacky, to put it nicely. How big does she estimate the trunk of that tree to be, especially at that height?
That's a porcupine, they love to sit up there. That's also why you see little or no movement. They mooooove sssslowwww.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am going with the people who say it was a porcupine. Why did they not throw rocks at it to get it to move or get closer to take a better picture? Because that would prove it was NOT a bigfoot. At least walk AROUND the tree while filming. "Oh look there is a bigfoot, sorry we can't stay and take better pictures, we have to go make sandwiches back at the campground."

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Understood. That's why Barkster's reply threw me off...
Had to go back and watch the video again to see what I missed.
Still find the video itself, strange... Hope more info. is forthcoming, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In the video you are seeing the front of the animal.

From the side it would look more like this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e356b7bcfad.jpg[/atsimg]

Or this might be a better one.

Defiantly a porcupine

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I missed that explanation, was that what the hikers gave? or is that speculation on "our" part?
I suppose it could be the case, but I'm still wondering why anyone would shut off a camera/vid, walk around a tree, than turn it back on? Doesn't seem logical.
Regardless, it's interesting. Hope you are able to gather more info.

That was a qoute from the answers to questions in the comments area of the video. The womans nick is wormie860

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I say porcupine. I have hunted a lot up North and in the South. One thing I learned over the years is that theere are some variations to fur coloring depending on their location, food source, and age. Also the width with respect to the tree at that height isn't 3-4'. After looking at the zoo photos, I have to go with the porcupine. I don't know if they are indigenous to Maine, but if so...that's a porcy IMHO..

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
it's not a bear
it's not a monkey.
It is...hmm...some drunk hairy ukrainian escaped from a failed nuclear submarine?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm calling hoax.

This is my version of the girl to gorilla sideshow illusion setup for hauntedhallsofhorror.com as part of a haunted house for Halloween. You will see the beautiful Sheba transform right before your eyes into a 450 lb ferocious gorilla! Also known as Zambora or Gabora the gorilla girl..

It's pretty obvious that this is a hoax. Gorilla obsession, magic trix. C'mon.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

O.k. that seriously brought back memories of a haunted house fiasco when I was in grade school. Memories I didn't care to relive... damn scary at the time!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It's pretty crazy how they do it live. Explains the ape-like thing in the tree.
Our haunted houses sucked compared to that. The only scary thing was someone grabbing your ankle from underneath the curtain.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmm ok now Im calling hoax! see here is the poster of the videos you tube page www.youtube.com...
If you go there you will find the video in question that he posted plus one posted above by heyo , then if you go to the chicks you tube page in the comments called wormie860, www.youtube.com...
you will find the same video posted by webtech88 and another one with the same preview photo but it was uploaded by wormie860 and its titled full bear video. BUSTED! It only has three views and is set to private. looks like her buddy slimmed it down nice and pretty with only parts that show what looks like a monkey.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster

That was a qoute from the answers to questions in the comments area of the video. The womans nick is wormie860

Well that clinches it for me then. It looks "Alive" not stuffed. Sorry no feathers. However, the back shot and the front shot are the from the same angle at different times in the day. You can tell by the branch as one person already pointed out. Another marker is the knot just to the right of the "animal" . You can tell time has passed from the sun glare in the back round. The persons youtube channel was suspect but that could of been coincidence. Maybe the guy is a monkey fan and his friend that gave hi the video knew that? What makes me say hoax is the woman saying she walked around the tree. From the pan out we can tell that would be a long walk. Also the angles would of changed.

It is not CGI and it does not look like a beaver or a bear. I think it is a person in a monkey suit.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Flakey]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Good catch. With the poster of the video also posting videos of an illusionist and then the "full bear video" I have to agree with you. They are trying to pass it off as Bigfoot when they know it is something else. HOAX.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I am hoping that after all of the counter evidence provided those who thought this was some kind of proof of bigfoot will learn to consider things with a more critical eye. This is not to say there is no such thing as bigfoot, only that videos, pictures and witness accounts should be considered with great care.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It's not moving. The camera moves around but not the furry object.

I rewatched the switch between the two angles a few times and I am going to have to disagree. I am 99% positive that it does move... But there is no video of it actually moving, aside from possibly the mouth. Portions of film being cut out makes it suspicious, but if it is a real creature, my first guess would be baboon. I looked up photos of porcupines and this thing seems much larger. A baboon seems to be about this size, as well as having a similar face from what I can make out from the video. I also see a right arm (shoulder, elbow, wrist), possibly a left furless foot, and a left hand/paw/claws on the tree.

Just watched the video some more and I noticed something: It seems the video is either edited or filmed on two separate occasions, unless I am just seeing this wrong. In the beginning of the video, this thing is kindof inbetween two branches, with a smaller branch/vine just under the top branch. When the angle changes, this middle branch seems to completely disappear, even when zoomed out. You can tell by using the broken branch on the left and the vertically-hanging branch/vine as reference.

My final thoughts are that this thing did indeed move, but unfortunately I am guessing it was placed there and obviously fake. I will keep my hopes up, I am rooting for this thing being real, whatever it is. Creepy video either way.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

and the object is to high in a tree to believe that someone would go through all of that just for a hoax.

No way, for people who have a goal of making a huge hoax or some kind of video project, there is no going too far. Especially when potential fame and fortune are involved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join