It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video of what could be Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
A new video posted of what looks like an ape creature in Main by hikers with I phone. This is the clearest video I have ever seen. You see the mouth moving and the feet and it looks as if it is culed tightly to avoind detection. Could this be a Bigfooot youth? Although looking at the tree and trying to get some idea of size it seems quite large and the face is what is typically reported. Very dark face. It looks like a monkey to me but then what is bigfoot really? Or is it a hoax of someone walking on property of wild refuge? come on video offecienados get to work and see if you can bring up the face better. www.youtube.com...
heck Im a noob embedding videos MOD help!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

Here you go:

And it's obviously a bear ignoring the guy videotaping ... bears are well known divas and primadonnas and don't like to be filmed without you agreeing to scale and merchandizing rights. It happens all the time ...

Nah, but it is a bear.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
shouldnt a bear be hybernating?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Black bears don't really hibernate, they torpor. And they might not even do that if there's enough food about.

For example:

In our area, black bears don’t hibernate but they remain dormant during the coldest part of the winter. Unlike true hibernators, a dormant black bear can become fully alert in minutes if it is disturbed. Winter dens include hollow trees, cavities formed in the ground, or sometimes simply a bed on the surface of the ground in a thicket. www.wildwnc.org...

Of course it's hard to tell 100% what the creature is, but more likely to be a bear than bigfoot no?

[edit on 2 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Actually I thought it was a black bear also from the back, but once the camera got a better view, it isn't a bear. This is one of the best videos ever (not fake or nothing) of either a wild monkey (history or discovery did a special on primates getting lose in america) or a animal that is closely related or is a bigfoot creature (a young one at that). I was able to figure this out because a third of the way into the video it finally looks at the people. I didn't see no snout like a canine and no years. The years would have been up in order to make sure to hear in the direction they are watching their prey/predator to watch. The head of the thing was more round and lastly the most important thing that all should look at is the mouth. you will see in the dark face a thin white line that is shown opening ever slightly and moving back and forth barely. In fact what hit me the most is that It reminds me of an orangutan with black fur and with a silver back (unless thats snow on it's back). I've seen bears in the tree and this one isn't a bear. Just watch that mouth in the dark face.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Doesn't look like a black bear but not your typical bigfoot description either. Really strange but it looks like some sort of ape. Strange...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
look closely, you can see the feet move and the lips, too our right you can see what looks like a clawed paw on the tree. judging by the size of the tree and if it is an ape it is very curled up and has to be at least 3 feet tall more like 4 feet in its posistion in the tree. That means standing up this thing could easily be 6 foot tall.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Personally, I think it looks like a slightly out of place - ready 4 this? - GORILLA youth. Looks like the forehead brow shape w/ the step up, if that makes sense. A bear would have more of a ...... well, bear head. W/ the ears on the top. JMO though.

Schrodinger, did you lose yer dog?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the hell it is, but it damn sure isn't a bear! I've seen alot of bears over the years, and that is definitely the face of some type of primate, not the face of any bear indigenous to North America...

So my question then becomes WTF is that thing????

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yeah i'm going for beer or mangy porcupine at an odd angle. Really how could anyone look at this and see bigfoot? Also why did they stop filming at that point? Seriously now.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Good video, thanks for posting. I wanted to say it was a bear from the beginning. However, when it turns and looks at the camera all that goes out of the window. The video is clear but definitely need more angles to get a grasp of what we are looking at. With the facial area appearing to have no hair and the no ears I want to agree that I see a ape of some sort. After reading up on known bear species for Maine it appears that the black bear is the only one. With that I looked at several pictures of the black bear and all of them had their ears up, even the dead ones. So that ended up being little to no help. If it were bigfoot then we should of seen its legs when sitting in the tree. However, when it is turned to the camera and you see a paw/hand/whatever it is against the tree, it seem almost as if you can see digits not just a paw. So with all that I am going to say I don't know what that is and look forward to how this turns out.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I don't think this a bigfoot but the video is inconclusive as to what exactly it is without some more video from all sides of the creature to analyze. It doesn't look like a bear at all. I put my money on escaped Gorilla or Baboon, it really does have a primate look to it though.

If these guys really wanted to learn what this was they should have filmed it for longer and gotten at least a little closer. It doesn't seem to have the build we'd associate with Sasquatch, though that could be because this is a youngin. I've also haven't heard any reports of Bigfoot climbing trees.

Really not sure what to make of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Looks like a monkey, probably escaped a zoo or maybe a private owner, poor thing must be starving out there!!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It's not moving. The camera moves around but not the furry object. I'm not convinced that this is a living thing. I bet they used a ladder or something and placed an object up in the tree. Maybe a gorilla suit. And then filmed it, while acting "puzzled". If it's moving even slightly, they could've pulled a string or something. And as pointed out already, why stop filming at that point? Why not get a video of it moving? Sooner or later that thing would have moved (if it's alive), and then they should be there to film it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Mossegunner if you cant add anything of value to this thread please bugger off.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I did add something of value. The video's obviously not big foot. Sorry of animating it a bit. People who want to jump on every train need to learn how to be objective. Sorry if I don't believe every student deserve a gold metal.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I also questioned why the camera/video skipped at the exact moment that the animal went from looking away to looking at the camera. However, how could it be that high in the tree and be a prop. Unless the skip in the video is over a course of an hour or two. I guess we would need the time stamped video to rule that out. I don't know what that is but I also don't think anyone would go through all of that just for a hoax. Never know though they may of had a lot of time on their hands.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join