It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video of what could be Bigfoot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster

Originally posted by LadySkadi
This is the explanation of that "We were filming from the back at first, shut the camera off to walk around to the front, then started filming again"

Well, she screwed up her story then. You can tell by the broken branch to the right that they stayed in approximately the same location. Hoax.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It is a bear. The vid shows the bears back.....thats why it looks like a ape..you can not see the face or snout.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey All,

This is not an escaped monkey, nor is it a bear, its certainly not an unknown species and has nothing to do with bigfoot. Someone earlier hit the nail right on the head. This species I have seen many times in my life, it is of the caviomorph rodent family.

This my friends is no more or no less than the North American Porcupine. It usually weighs in the 15-25 pound range and is usually not larger than 2.5 ft in length. The thick quils on he top of the head and the ears along with it being in prime pocupine territory, in a tree 40 ft in the air, gave it away.

Happy New Year all.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Porcupine:

Bigfoot:

and here:

I apologize for my sense of humor.

I'm surprised no one can else see the quills on the bigfoot in the video. My eyes aren't very good, but I see them. They may look like feathers to some, but I see quills. (although feathers are used to make quill pens!?)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Littlesthobo

You get the 'star'! First person to see the quills, I think.
Wiki says they can go 14kg, about 30lbs, and that looks about right to me.

Funny story, (Refer to 'sense of humor', above) I was camping with my dog, a pit bull, and tied her on a long leash outside my tent. There was a den of foxes only fifty yards from my tent. She never cared for an instant that these were so close, but in the middle of the night, she snapped her leash to get a porcupine.
She shimmied up a tree like this about twenty five feet, and as I got my head out of the tent, she grabbed that thing and shook it dead all the way to the ground.
She was proud of herself, but I spent the night pulling quills.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I missed most of the discussion, but you did a really good job reviewing the video. The angle changes, but the die of the tree. The relative brightness behind the creature seems to indicate it was about the same time of day. The break when it changes postion is very suspicious. Did you say this was taken with a cell phone? Certianly good and VERY smooth zoom ability. Also, any one see disturbance in the snow, like they climbed up there to put an hoax in the tree? Bear was my first thougth, but porcupine is a good conjecture also. Are gorilla hariy chested? If a bipedal animal shifted from back to front, seem like you would see enough of his body structure to know what your looking at. It's fairly large for a porpuine, kinda little for a bear and way too cooperative to be a BF.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
THIS THING IS A HOAX! heres what I posted onpage three. "Hmm ok now Im calling hoax! see here is the poster of the videos you tube page www.youtube.com...
If you go there you will find the video in question that he posted plus one posted above by heyo , then if you go to the chicks you tube page in the comments called wormie860, www.youtube.com...
you will find the same video posted by webtech88 and another one with the same preview photo but it was uploaded by wormie860 and its titled full bear video. BUSTED! It only has three views and is set to private. looks like her buddy slimmed it down nice and pretty with only parts that show what looks like a monkey. "
Now Today the full bear video is gone! Now webtech is saying hes gonna add another 24 seconds to prove its no hoax. LMFAO This guys a joke. He has emailed me calling names because I was a bit positive in my first posting here but after investigation and trying to get answers they got very defensive and have been editing my posts on the you tube page and wont answer why they took down the full bear video. So, How about everyone go to tube page and posting its a Hoax and ask them what happend to the full bear video on wormies page. lets bombard him with hoaxer messages today. Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
and now the Hoaxers have added an additional clip and is clearly shows a man in a gorilla suit, check it out.

check out webtech you tube page he has a video of a holoween hunted house video that he made of his on illilusion called woman into ape or something like that so we know he has a costume.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I never knew a bear to climb a tree for the winters hibernation. The so called bear does not look or act like a bear. What it is I am not certain, but when the camera lens went wide angle we could see that it was very high in the tree. More height than I have ever witnessed a bear be in a tree. The fact that it is in winter adds even more suspicion as to why its in a tree and not in some den dreaming of picnic baskets and slumbering away the winter.

More should be investigated regarding this video. Tracks or plaster molds of any feet prints would confirm it was indeed a bear, but I going to bet the farm it was not a bear.

Lastly I asked myself it is not a bear then what could it be doing so high up a tree. No fruit to forage, nothing but a great height to climb and for what reason. Animals do what they do for instinctive reasons and I dont see why this strange looking animal was in a tree unless it was running or hiding from something much more dangerous that cant climb trees. Why in the winter would a bear be in a tree almost 200 ft off the ground? That's the real mystery.

Anyway I would get tracks and or hair samples from the scene and then determine if we might be looking at some alien entity waiting in tree for the sky watchers to come pick him up. Whatever the reason, good investigative practice will confirm or deny whether this creature is a bear or some diseased animal acting radically based on some disease or environmental contamination.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not enough evidence of anything but a brown fury creature.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I originally thought it to be a bear. I personally do not know much about bears. However, with the photos posted by others I would have to agree that the creature this resembles best would be the porcupine. Being from S. Texas I don't much about them either. One thing is for sure though this is not Bigfoot in any way, shape or form.

The most recent video adds even more to the idea of a hoax because where are the little kids voices in the original or last 2/3 of the video posted now. Also they are filming from one side at a good distance and then the rest of the time they are on the other side at a large distance. What happened in between? Where is that film? I have to agree it is a hoax just because they are trying to pass it off as bigfoot. So HOAX.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For those of you that think this creature is too big to be a porcupine...I present you with this image:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lol. I like how they've removed all the videos now...

Is it a porcupine or a bear then?

I honestly had no idea porcupines climbed trees! That blew my mind!
That picture someone posted of a side view of one was cute.
You can tell we don't get animals like this in England. Hedgehogs are quite cute though

EDIT: Aggie Man above ^^ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one awesome creature!

But yeah, I'd say hoax... If that was me and I was THAT far away with potential to get away before the thing had even got down I'd at least shout "boo!" to try and get it to move! I wouldn't just stand there looking at it.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So is it a hoax or a porcupine? A hoax would imply deliberate deception and this seems more like a case of a misidentified animal.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
I honestly had no idea porcupines climbed trees! That blew my mind!

Porcupines occupy a wide range of habitats in tropical and temperate parts of Asia, Italy, Africa, and North and South America. Porcupines live in forests, deserts, rocky outcrops, hillsides and grasslands. Some New World porcupines live in trees, but Old World porcupines stay on the ground. Porcupines can be found on rocky areas up to 3,700 m (12,000 ft) high. Porcupines are nocturnal.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

So the porcupine species you are familiar with do not climb trees; however, the "New World" porcupines do.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ahhh I see.
I'm no expert on porcupines. I just know that they can shoot spines out.
I like rodents though.

But yeah, thanks for opening my mind to the world of porcupines

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

True, in the video though the "thing" does not appear to have a tail.

www.royalsaskmuseum.ca...

The pic, and what is on the video seem very different IMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana

Ahhh I see.
I'm no expert on porcupines. I just know that they can shoot spines out.
I like rodents though.

But yeah, thanks for opening my mind to the world of porcupines

They cant actually "shoot" their quills, the quills become easily detached once touched.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

True, in the video though the "thing" does not appear to have a tail.

www.royalsaskmuseum.ca...

The pic, and what is on the video seem very different IMO.

You are welcome to disagree. But I must ask, what kind of formal training/education do you have in identification of wildlife? If you won't accept an expert opinion, then what will you accept? Or are you simply being contrary?

EDIT: wanted to add that in the video, we are seeing the front of the animal; therefore, the tail is obstructed by the torso. Porcupines have rigid tales, so one would not see a "limp" tail hanging down behind it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

We've already accepted I know nothing about porcupines LMAO!!!
Just rub it in why don't ya?

Let me dream in my world where they're all crazy and shoot at people and dig holes and stuff. Haha.

I'm gonna agree with the expert though. Porcupine

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join