It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video of what could be Bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KFISHCC

Like i said in a banned post, its a pelt stuffed with feathers. Just seeing how the video ends its proof that it's a load down the old crap shoot.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
A few questions come up. Why would you stop filming until you know what it is? To find out what it is firing a rock at it isn't going to hurt it. Might
psss it off a bit, but at least we wouldn't all be wondering why a bear is up
a tree, in the middle of winter, monkeying around.

Do bears give a monkey sit in a tree, if no one is around?

What a joke.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
As i said before, why stop filming at that point? That to me is why it's rubbish because who would stop if they thought they had bigfoot on film? Hey if i was running out of film i'd just go over what i had already done because as soon as it moves and it shows a bigfoot then that tape is worth a lot of money once verified.

So yeah the fact it stops at that point means it looses all credibility.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A few questions come up. Why would you stop filming until you know what it is? To find out what it is firing a rock at it isn't going to hurt it. Might
psss it off a bit, but at least we wouldn't all be wondering why a bear is up
a tree, in the middle of winter, monkeying around.

Do bears give a monkey sit in a tree, if no one is around?

What a joke.

Hang on man you can't go firing rocks at something you think could possibly be a bear. That's really not the best choice in life! Apart from being a bit of a cruel thing to do you could be endagering yourself. Simply making an unusual or loud noise would be enough to alert most wild animals and get their attention.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Fair enough. You also said in another post you wanted people to be objective. Everyone that has posted as of yet has been. Nobody has said 100% either way except for you. If you are so certain this is fake explain why. I personally believe it to be a bear based upon the discoloration of the fur (weather a prop, suit or alive I do not know). The back and stomach area being lighter than the legs. The hind leg appears to be extended on the branch. The posture that it is sitting in would be feasible for a bear. However, every bear photo for the black bear (which is the only indigenous bear to Maine) has a lighter colored snout and has its ears up (even dead bears). So where are the ears? The video is taken from quite a distance and the object is to high in a tree to believe that someone would go through all of that just for a hoax. Like I said though you never know. So if you want people to be objective and you know it is a bear or stuffed suit explain how and why. Quit bashing everyone and offers some sort of feasible proof of you position or post your thoughts and accept that other may not agree with you.

Information on indigenous bears of Maine was gathered at www.maine.gov...

and photos were found by searching google images for Maine Black Bear

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Ive posted on you tube and the guy posting it said he was gonna try to get more backstory on the vid, like why video interupt and so short a vid.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Were does one start? Its no bear fake or otherwise but the moment the english girl said "right, I'll climb the tree" that's when it all became a hoax. Why, as someone suggests, do they stop filming? Why not actually go closer? The thing doesn't actually move a muscle? Hoax.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Nothing about it makes me think of Sasquatch.

Everything about it says "Bear sleeping in a tree"

As far as why the cameraman didn't continue with a longer video - well at some point you have to stop. There was nothing moving and I suppose if it did look more interesting than a sleeping bear he might have tried to get another angle. Nothing but a quick hey lets take a look and then off to the next task.

Next.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
got an email back from the poster heres what he wrote

"Hi Scobynoob, this video was sent to me by my friend that took it in the hopes that I may know what it may be. I was just involved in this yesterday and did not expect such a huge response from people. I am going to get all that information you requested soon and will post it here on the video as others have asked me the same thing. One thing I can assure you iis that my friends are honets and good people with no intentions of misleading anyone. Stay tuned my friend."

I've also suggested that he get his friends and do a video interview of them and come here and read all the responses to get an idea of the questions to ask them. Hope it turns out not to be fake.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It;s way tooo high in the tree to be a hoax. I gotta go with Schrodingers dog on this one; it's a bear. Should be sleeping but maybe someone woke it up or there was plenty of food available. I;ve seen many bears and this looks like one more.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think it is a baby bigfoot (smallfoot?!?)

It probably panicked and took off upstairs leaving the more experienced mama hiding and watching the hikers nearby. Imagine the horror.

I'm thinking for the most part things resembling simians tend to hang around in warmer latitudes and this thing is maxing out in upstate Maine.

Also that busted branch to the left of the beast seems interesting.

I'm glad Barkster's post seems to indicate that the hikers are still 'on the census' and more information is forthcoming.

Its a very nice and clear vid, a sequel would be nice.

G.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This video and backstory have all the elements of your typical hoax video.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Porcupine would be my guess... As for a bear? Unless it's really a young one, seems a little small to be a bear...

Of course, it could be a hoax, too... I'll go with the porcupine...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yeah, if not a hoax porcupine might be a better guess than bear ... it really depend on how you look at it. I was assuming that whatever it is it has it's back turned to the camera.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The middle picture on the second row seems to match best, don't you think? That's a cool link. It's now bookmarked.

I love porcupines... slow moving, cumbersome, and absolutely don't mess with 'em...

[edit on 1/2/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's D.B. Cooper. Call the FBI!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The guy sent me a phot and said he had a few but this was the best

twitpic.com...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
This video and backstory have all the elements of your typical hoax video.

Im begining to agree since my attempts to get real answers are going answered vagueries and crappola. They even got pissed at me and accused me of bashing the vid which I didnt I still think it is remarkable and trying to get some answers to thier impression as to how big it is width and heith and I get aggression in return. So if they keep it up I'm gonna have say hoax too just by the way thiey are acting but Im still holding out hope. Cause it looks to big to be a porc and looks like a primate.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
ok just got an email from the woman, I believe in the video heres what she said.
"I would estimate it's weight somewhere between 50-75 pounds and approximately 3-4 feet from head to toe, in the crouched position. It was big and fat, maybe four feet around it's center. "

Ok so I would say if it were 3-4 feet crouching it would have to be at least 5-6 feet standing and that would mean its much more than the weight she guessed.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think I am going to have to go with Seagull on this one now that I saw the pic. The hair in that blown up pic really reminds me of a porcupine. But of course, if I lived back in the day my glasses would be as thick as coke bottles...soooo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join