It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo
reply to post by Lillydale

I wish I could, alas, I am a newbie. Need about 15 more posts before I can start a thread.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to you. And if you don't go for that sort of thing then a warm wintertime end of year type of nice day.

I just really hope you understand. I am certainly not saying there are not bad people in other bad places doing other bad things. I can think of a few worse topics to discuss than even this but the topic of the thread was pretty clear to me.

'Why would anyone ever want to knock down the pope?'

Because UK cops are pedophiles? no.
Because the girl scouts make 600% profit on their cookies? no.
Because of something relating to the Pope or the Church he Leads? Maybe.

I guess it also bothers me that when you point out the sick abuse of children that has taken place and people respond with "There are more pedophiles in such and such group." Oh, that makes it ok then. I guess this list of people that have taken their lives over getting raped by a priest were just whiners because they could have been raped by a UK cop instead. See why I am pretty specific in my answer? I am not saying there is no validity to any of the other points about child abuse. This thread is just about the pope and I still cannot find a pope of police or schoolteachers.

I have been very much enjoying Christmas, thanks. I wish you all the same pleasurable holiday festivities you engage in as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
When things go south for athiests all you have is booze and drugs. Good luck with that. I want no part of such misery.

Wow. That is really quite ignorant and JUDGMENTAL fora someone close to the lord. If you were to read that bible, it actually addresses this. It says a little something about your position as a judge over anyone else. I do not want to ruin the end but...it will not end well for you.

Aside from that, I have no clue what gives you this idea. This must be something the priests tell you to keep you in there drinking their wine and ...oops.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Lillydale..

Quit it. Seriously. 1st, you are going against a wall of stupidity. 2nd, the guy has his own faith wrong, not even a non-religious person would say some of the things he said, but then again, most of us do know what was done in the "name of the lord" so we should expect this kind of behaviour. 3rd, you're wasting your brain in a useless conversation with a fanatic that doesnt play by his own rules because he doesnt know them - you're kinda fighting against a blind man (and I dont mean those extra-super-blind ninjas) - hes just a blind fool and you're wasting your time with it.

(yes... "it" was intentional)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Awww... poor Pope Hitler Youth fall down go boom.

Did his facial skin peel at all revealing his reptilian appearance?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Athiests you only have souls if you develop them. You are interested in other things. Animals do not pray; they are the original athiests.Sometimes animals are called subhumans. This is what you aspire to or maybe it is just what you want for other people. That would be the ultimate spiritual blindness.I am appalled put not surpised that the vain posters who claim to be atheists want to deprive other people of religion and spirituality. In others words, you want other people live like animals or subhumans. This is like beauty contestants encouraging the competition to pig out. I thought the poster who equated people who talk to god (by which he meant prayer) with crazy people ,that ancient sage, who wanted people who indulged in prayer locked up and medicated was vile and threatening. I think all the none athiests know who threw the rule book out based on the hate on this thread.

I suspect your rule book has only one rule :agree with us on everything. I have decided to play by your rule book. I agree with you on everything. I will not be posting here ,because I agree with you on everything. So my posts would just be redundant imitations of your posts. I do not need to state my opinion. I am just like you are. Do you feel better? More alive?Does this make you feel less dead?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Athiests you only have souls if you develop them. You are interested in other things. Animals do not pray; they are the original athiests.Sometimes animals are called subhumans. This is what you aspire to or maybe it is just what you want for other people. That would be the ultimate spiritual blindness.I am appalled put not surpised that the vain posters who claim to be atheists want to deprive other people of religion and spirituality. In others words, you want other people live like animals or subhumans. This is like beauty contestants encouraging the competition to pig out. I thought the poster who equated people who talk to god (by which he meant prayer) with crazy people ,that ancient sage, who wanted people who indulged in prayer locked up and medicated was vile and threatening. I think all the none athiests know who threw the rule book out based on the hate on this thread.

I suspect your rule book has only one rule :agree with us on everything. I have decided to play by your rule book. I agree with you on everything. I will not be posting here ,because I agree with you on everything. So my posts would just be redundant imitations of your posts. I do not need to state my opinion. I am just like you are. Do you feel better? More alive?Does this make you feel less dead?

That is simply not true. Atheists do not want to deprive anyone of their religion.
They want to prevent others from forcing their religion on them.
Big difference.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
That is simply not true. Atheists do not want to deprive anyone of their religion.
Big difference.

And I'm sure what you mean by "Forcing" is seeing or hearing any form of religion within your area of perception.

It is funny how something good willed as a simple “Marry Christmas” can be viewed as a personal attack of forced religion….

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

And I'm sure what you mean by "Forcing" is seeing or hearing any form of religion within your area of perception.

It is funny how something good willed as a simple “Marry Christmas” can be viewed as a personal attack of forced religion….

How about trying to LEGISLATE MANDATORY CHRISTMAS IN SCHOOLS?

Abstinence only training funded by tax dollars even though it has proven a monumental failure?

Showing up at the funerals of fallen soldiers to protest and proclaim that god wanted him dead because gay people exist.

Coming to my door to tell me that I am wrong. I am a sinner. I am going to go to hell if I do not let you in and tell me how horrible I am.

I can go on.

Any examples of Atheists behaving in such ways?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Big difference.

Do people like you always deal in flimsy straw men arguments?

I don't give a crap what religious displays I see or hear about.
But don't try to pay for them with my tax dollars and don't try to write them into laws that affect me.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

This is so true, people think we think there is NO god,,, so untrue!!!!

I do think A god or a "something" is or made all this but im not up for follwing anyone "style"

well said mate and star!

Just wanted to add more, there are more people on this planet who DONT follow any "one" god for a good reason...

we think your all NUTTS.. if people had the same mentality as us so called "athiests" then the world would be a better place as we have RESPECT for others to practice any faith they want

Just wanted to back you up there

[edit on 26-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Coming to my door to tell me that I am wrong. I am a sinner. I am going to go to hell if I do not let you in and tell me how horrible I am.

Thats because your not a hypacrit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been posted, but only one of two things happened: 1.) this lady was crazy and they need to tighten security or 2.) this lady was not crazy and this was a message to the pope that he better fall in line and that he can be touched.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

How about allowing Christmas in schools and you choose on whether you participate or not, or have Ramadan (as another example) and do the same. It’s all a hard line to atheist and even though I’m not that religious I am tolerant to the beliefs of others. I can enjoy a great Ramadan meal with Muslins even though I care little about their religion. I can reply thank you to a person that wishes me Happy Hanukah though I’m not Jewish. I don’t view any of this as some infringement on my rights as you must.

Showing up at the funerals of fallen soldiers to protest and proclaim that god wanted him dead because gay people exist.

Extremist to say the least and an exceptionally small group of people too. All extremist are basically the same, because once again they show zero tolerance and respect for others, so this is not a very good example to use.

God I love this one....who does this? I have never been told this, or seen this..ever, and it just seems to be a common point that atheist continually use. Once again I would say we are talking about a very small group of people with extreme views if and when this happens.

Do you really think the vast majority of religious people feel this way and or project their religion in this manner? In my last neighborhood across the street was a family of Mormons, I would drink margaritas and smoke cigars in from of my house watching the kids in the neighborhood. They would come over and hangout, never talking about my bad habits, nor did we talk about religion in general. If they truly didn’t like what I did, then they could choose not to come over, right? They invited us to see a new temple that was build and for a short time it was open to the public, and we went. Once again no one was beating us with their version of the bible, we were pleasant and they were pleasant and we still keep in touch though we have all moved on. I find this more the typical example of religion in America.

I’m sure though if I was in some kind of attack mode every time religion was even remotely within my perception I might have a much different view.

Any examples of Atheists behaving in such ways?

I do find Atheist in general to be very narcissistic with little tolerance or respect. They judge rather quickly and then feel some kind victory when they in turn get judged by a religious person that is on the defense, and so they say “well that is not in line with your so called religion” or something close to it. I also love so many of their posts in this thread about a leader to many, who most likely spent his life helping others, and is a very old man.

I also find many atheist learned in religion better than the average religious person, and this speaks volumes to me that they are the aggressors and the ones looking for a fight by blaming their lack of freedom on religion on one hand and working to stifle it for others on the other.

As I have said, religion is not really a part of my life but to date I have found the majority of the true atheist I run across as rather distasteful and not very likable people, which I can’t say the same for those who are religious.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

How about allowing Christmas in schools and you choose blah blah blah.

You said that no one was trying to actually force Christianity on anyone here. Trying to make a Christian holiday law would be just such a thing.

Do not shift the goal posts. Specifically, you said that nothing was being shoved. I pointed out that it was. If you want to rant about allowing Christmas in school, please do that on your own but do not waste my time with it.

Extremist to say the least and an exceptionally small group of people too. All extremist are basically the same, because once again they show zero tolerance and respect for others, so this is not a very good example to use.

But they exist. That was all that needed to be said. You said this sort of thing did not happen. Now you justify the quantity? Pick a side.

God I love this one....who does this?

Born Again Christians. Specifically from the First Bible Baptist Church of North Greece. They are on google if you want to call and ask if any of the parish does this.

I have never been told this, or seen this..ever, and it just seems to be a common point that atheist continually use.

There are also Mormons. Look into it as they HAVE to do this as part of their religious rites. Who is it you think Jehovah's witnesses are witnessing to?

You are lucky that you have missed out on this joyful experience but if you think that it is just some hoax the country has collectively been working on for decades just to fool you, then you think very much of you and little of anything else.

Once again I would say we are talking about a very small group of people with extreme views if and when this happens.

It would not matter if it was just one person in the entire world in all of history. This still means that it does happen. You cannot say it does not happen just because you do not feel enough people do it to count as any.

Do you really think the vast majority of religious people feel this way and or project their religion in this manner?

I hope not. I have to doubt it since most people have not come to my door. Then again, I never claimed most people did.

In my last neighborhood across the street was a family of Mormons,

So you are an expert.

I would drink margaritas and smoke cigars in from of my house watching the kids in the neighborhood.

Because nothing sounds creepy there.

They would come over and hangout, never talking about my bad habits, nor did we talk about religion in general. If they truly didn’t like what I did, then they could choose not to come over, right?

Were they between the ages of 19 and 25 and male?

They invited us to see a new temple that was build and for a short time it was open to the public, and we went. Once again no one was beating us with their version of the bible, we were pleasant and they were pleasant and we still keep in touch though we have all moved on. I find this more the typical example of religion in America.

That sounds very nice for you.

I have Muslim friends so I guess 9/11 never happened. I have Christian friends, good people - there go the crusades, right? It does not work that way. Then again, I never specifically named Mormons. I find their style of coming to my door to make me want Jesus in my life much less confrontational than the example I gave. I was not listing behaviors of Mormons. I was listing behaviors of abhorrent forced religion.

I can only have this discussion with you if you can manage to rise above the rest and actually read my words and respond to the ones I really use.

I’m sure though if I was in some kind of attack mode every time religion was even remotely within my perception I might have a much different view.

Maybe, that is not my issue. I go to church from time to time with a friend. I enjoy religion for all its curiosities. Religion is entertaining and interesting and fascinating. It is none of those things when I am sleeping and already told you to please leave me alone about this more than once before.

Again, there is a difference. I think it is fantastic that you know some nice Mormon folks. You do not seem to have learned much about their practices though or else you would not be using them as your example of how people do NOT shove religion down your throat. Again, see 19-25 year old Mormon males. I know nice Mormons too. That does not mean that Born Agains do not routinely tell me that I am an abomination until I take Jesus into my heart. I wish you would pay closer attention and maybe this can be productive.

I do find Atheist in general to be very narcissistic with little tolerance or respect.

I asked if you had any examples of Atheists pushing Atheism as I listed people pushing RELIGION. I did not ask whether or not you liked them as people.

They judge rather quickly and then feel some kind victory when they in turn get judged by a religi..................................................................................

The answer was no. No, you cannot find any such examples. Paragraphs on how much you hate Atheists is not an answer in any sense of the word.

They come to your house and wake you up to tell you God does not exist?

Do they try to mandate that school children take time off of learning to acknowledge some sort of worship of NO GOD?

Do they even just hand out leaflets reminding you there is no god anywhere?

Where are these Atheists pushing anything on anyone?

[edit on 12/27/09 by Lillydale]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

But don't try to pay for them with my tax dollars and don't try to write them into laws that affect me.

If I have ever seen a straw man fallacy it is with the religious examples that Atheist tend to give…hehe

Well in many cases the majority rules, especially in a democracy, sorry....There are many things I disagree with that has been voted in or introduced by those who we voted to represent us, and I'm sure there are many non-religious things you disagree with too, but you as others seem to take anything that has even a remotely religious influence to it as some big personal injustice.

Churches do a lot of good in their neighborhoods, and the Christian religion is the greatest charitable organization on the planet, that organization or any other nonreligious one that does the same, I have no problems with tax breaks or similar legislation in their favor.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If I have ever seen a straw man fallacy it is with the religious examples that Atheist tend to give…hehe

Such as?

Well in many cases the majority rules, especially in a democracy, sorry....There are many things I disagree with that has been voted in or introduced by those who we voted to represent us, and I'm sure there are many non-religious things you disagree with too, but you as others seem to take anything that has even a remotely religious influence to it as some big personal injustice.

What democracy are you talking about? Religion is not a democracy.

Churches do a lot of good in their neighborhoods, and the Christian religion is the greatest charitable organization on the planet, that organization or any other nonreligious one that does the same, I have no problems with tax breaks or similar legislation in their favor.

Catholicism is NOT CHRISTIANITY.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Athiests you only have souls if you develop them. You are interested in other things. Animals do not pray; they are the original athiests.Sometimes animals are called subhumans. This is what you aspire to or maybe it is just what you want for other people. That would be the ultimate spiritual blindness.

That had to be the funniest thing that I have read in a long time.

Seriously, thank you for the laugh! I needed it.

On Topic:

As much as I do not like the Catholic Church, I am still glad that the Pope was not hurt, and I do hope that the Bishop (was it a Bishop?) that was hurt has a speedy recovery (or at least as fast as an 80+ year old man can have).

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
she jumped the pope because she knows the devil wears prada.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Oh hell no... don't even try it.
You said atheists problem was that we didn't want to see or hear anything religious.

When I stated that's not the case and why you simply shifted to a new argument. Now you're just babbling about majority rule and how generous christians are. Well the founders knew majority rule in matters of faith would lead to theocracy and put safeguards in place to prevent it. And so what if they give to charity. They hold the world back by clinging to their superstitions.

Well cling to them. Wallow in them. Take delight in your delusions.
But keep it out of my government.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

but you as others seem to take anything that has even a remotely religious influence to it as some big personal injustice.

You as others? no offence but what PLANET are you living on????

Let me point out SOMETING.. something VERY REAL and if you dont like what im about to say take it up with GOD

GOD MADE THE UNIVERSE AND THE PLANET AND ME AND YOU

so? who is full of it now? hmm? did you EVER bother to read the bible or do you think its your JOB to TELL US that jesus loves us? or god?

IS THAT YOUR JOB? and you have the balls too LECTURE me?

you ever seen GOD? NO you ever seen JESUS? NO

and when you HARP ON about us athiests who DONT CARE WHO GOD IS you confuse it with NO god.

Every single person KNOWS "or should" they did not CREATE the universe did they?

The problem we have is PEOPLE who want to FORCE upon us CRAP

You think YOUR god is the right one YOU think there is ONE god THE RIGHT GOD

you sound just like muslim or a hindu or a seek, and do you know what they all have in common???

YOU DID NOT MAKE ALL THIS HAPPEN YET YOU ARGUE ABOUT WHO IS RIGHT AND WHO IS WRONG LIKE PETTY CHILDREN.

thats why we cant stand you bible bashing hypercrits

You LIVE your entire life in a day dream missguided and deluded that LAW comes from thin air and NOT that BIBLE you toute

If you lived in the jungle WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT GOD WAS? no because you would worship some other THING

Oh maybe the SUN or the MOON or the TREE i have NO idea

Im greatfull IM HERE

YOU on the other hand wish to DEMONISE LIFE ITS SELF like its some petty compertision for gods LOVE

GOD MADE ME AND LOVES ME AS MUCH AS YOU

Deal with it

[edit on 27-12-2009 by 13579]

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join