It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

How much Gold do you think the Vatican has? The oppulence of the Vatican is the result of a culture which spawned great artisans. The gold if there is much is hidden. The monuments were created many generations ago. Hating them is as silly as hating the Taj Mahal or the pyramids. No one really wants to look at the ugly monuments to the state American Secularists and Russian communists created; they are ugly and they hurt the eyes. The great archetecture of the world was created by religious freaks.

Giving the gold away is fine and good. I just doubt this is what the secularists want. They hate the fact that the Catholic church is trusted by so many people. They would also not be happy with how the Catholic Church chose to give their wealth away. The secularists are not given wealth because they have earned distrust; they have no mercy on those who are not like themselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Giving the gold away is fine and good. I just doubt this is what the secularists want. They hate the fact that the Catholic church is trusted by so many people.

I think you will find alot of people nowadays, do not trust the Catholic Church, due to the scandals which have ocured from its priests. I also think you will find alotof people are turning away from religion all together. They see religion as the major problems in this world.

Also the double standards. Is putting alot of people of and turning them away from religion also.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

How is speaking in riddle and jokes easier than phrasing and opinion. It is what it is...a cop out. If you find that expressing your view point directly, rationally, clearly too difficult and would come off as offensive. Than that is something you need to work on. Not the rest of us.

it was no a riddle.. and it was not phrasing an opinion..

and i did not "cop out"

If you find that expressing your view point directly, rationally, clearly too difficult and would come off as offensive.

The point of satire is to point it out "the facts"... Im sorry if you do not get the joke as you put it but its a "joke" on how much of a hypercrit people can be

let me show you again

Pope: Whats my job
people: Talk to god
Pope: Why me?
People: Your the closest person to god and head of the church
Pope: But god made us all what makes me so special
People: We voted you to talk to god for us we are to busy with everyday life
Pope: Oh ok

see?

That is not insulting its a fact.. its how people work

If you think the pope is in any more contact with god than a tramp on the street begging for money

you are either stupid or brainwashed.. and that my friend is a fact.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am not a lawyer so reading Ratzinger's letter is a challenge. I sense that the language used is ment to be best understood by the "insider" and not the accidental reader of this text.

However these snipits just jump out like bugs out of this letter.

Cases of this kind are subject to the pontifical secret.

I translate this as saying "Keep it in the family"

Since usually the Punch Line is toward the end so that the reader knows what is expected after the matter is explained, I suspect that this is it in this one.

, it is hoped not only that more grave delicts will be entirely avoided, but especially that ordinaries and hierarchs have solicitous pastoral care to look after the holiness of the clergy and the faithful even through necessary sanctions.

Anyone to decode this part?

I suspect it says "Sweep it all under the carpet so that all looks clean"

Any lawyer in the House?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The Catholic church is not for everyone. Those left out need to create their own beauty and find their own spiritual path. This is not possible if people dwell on how the Catholic Church abandoned them or abused them. The Catholic Church has been punished as much as the law will allow ;which is still more justice than what most abuse victims ever recieve. The Gold of the Catholic Church is not needed to build culture or beauty; inspiration is needed. This does not come from infinite revenge.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shakespear1

it is hoped not only that more grave delicts will be entirely avoided, but especially that ordinaries and hierarchs have solicitous pastoral care to look after the holiness of the clergy and the faithful even through necessary sanctions

Im happy to help

We Hope this event "grave" delucts will be avoided "dont get cought" "but" especially that "men of the cloth" and "higher" interesting! have solicitous ?? " someone to talk to about wanting to abuse kids" pastoal care " be carefull who you tell" to look after "the image of the curch" and the faithfull "the followers" even kinda like a no fly zone over iraq

hope that helped

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know something, I know I will get a warning for this, but I am so Pissed off, with the Bishop of Ireland who does not think anymore resignations should be fourthcomming.

His answer, it will not help the healing process!

Hello!!!!!!!! Tell that to the victims! It is disgusting that he would even consider bishops who were caught up inthe abuse scandal also, should be allowed to remain within the Catholic Chrch.

Now the is Moralle Authority for you NOT!

Thursday, 24 December 2009

The Bishop of Derry, Dr Seamus Hegarty, has said he is unsure whether it would be helpful for more bishops to resign over the Murphy Report.

It is the first time the bishop has spoken since the report into clerical sex abuse in the Dublin archdiocese was published a month ago.

Two bishops, James Moriarty and Donal Murray, have already resigned.

Bishop Hegarty said he was "not sure" if more resignations would "contribute in any great way towards healing".

BBC News

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

he Catholic Church has been punished as much as the law will allow

I really do hope that was a joke....

were do you think LAW comes from??

wow just WOW

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

he is unsure whether it would be helpful for more bishops to resign over the Murphy Report.

classic laura

unsure? wow really wonder why? because they are the biggest scamm artists next to people who print MONEY

religion and money go hand in hand

why?

same people made em BOTH with the same mentality

controll of the PLEBS and if you dont know what a pleb is look it up

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

You really think so. You go to one of thier victims who have been abused, and state that to them. You watch the reaction you recieve from them. One can guarantee you, it would be one of disgust, and contempt. For a religion that they themselves believed in, should let them down, when these disgusting priests were abusing them daily. Could you live withthat on your conscience? No I really do not think you would be able to. I know I for one, If I knew that abuses were going on, would not be able to go on knowing, that they tried to cover this up, and deny it ever took place.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by eradown

he Catholic Church has been punished as much as the law will allow

I really do hope that was a joke....

were do you think LAW comes from??

wow just WOW

Parishes have been bankrupted ,assets sold ,pedofiliac preists have been tossed into prison in this country. We do not boil child abusers in oil ,so there is nothing more to do over here. If there are Catholics who you know for a fact have abused children despense justice. Just stear clear of lynch mob justice ;usually only the innocent suffer from lynch mobs. I hope little riding hood was something other than a one woman lynch mob.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

yeah luara its ok im mean god is all loving and forgiving and stuff its ok that this bunch of wackjobs can talk down to us less people i mean here is poor me so far from god lost in the wilderness

abuse me farther for i have sinned...

crock BS if you ask me the only thing they should be close to is a prison.

and they think they are getting into heaven be for us lot? LOL sure you will...

half the bible bashers on here make one mistake

THALL SHALL NOT JUDGE

or did i miss that? oh yep sorry my bad goes more like

DONT TELL ME IM RIGHT COZ MY GOD IS RIGHT AND SAID I CAN TELL YOU YOUR WRONG BECAUSE .... oh bugger OH YEAH"!! FAITH!! just beliveee and you will see the true god!!

see how that works after being next to a lion who wants you as his dinner

some people as soooo full of (insert whatever word you wish)

lol

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

If you are referring to me, in your last comment, which I certianly hope your not, then you have one cheek. You stick up for them, then call me little red riding hood, and a one woman lynch mob? Little do you know if the mothers of those kids abused, would do if they could get thier hands on those priests, found guilty of this.

Next time you enter a catholic church, ask a Priest if he asked a boy or agirl if they were little red riding hood, when he sexually abused them eh.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You cannot stereotype all people in a group like that.

The police have as many paedos in them as priest, and they have access to all sorts of things to fulfill there desires of kiddy things.

Do you ask the police this question, no as the media ignores the times the police are found to be paedos.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

At the end of the day, if you have been on the recieving end of sexual, mental or physical abuse. If you have lived through that, then seems some in here does not know, what it islike fromt he victims side of abuse. Not having no one to turn to. Being scared to tell anyone incase of reprisals. Once it has been brought out into the open, going through all the questioning, reliving the experience. The attending court, having to relive the experience once again.Alot in here, whom are defending the catholic church do not even know what they are talking about.

Those kids who were abused should be the judge and the jury of these abuse scandals. Not the Courts.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by eradown

If you are referring to me, in your last comment, which I certianly hope your not, then you have one cheek. You stick up for them, then call me little red riding hood, and a one woman lynch mob? Little do you know if the mothers of those kids abused, would do if they could get thier hands on those priests, found guilty of this.

Next time you enter a catholic church, ask a Priest if he asked a boy or agirl if they were little red riding hood, when he sexually abused them eh.

Watch the video associated with the attack. If I meant you I would have referred to you by name.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Catholic church is not for everyone.

Come to Poland and tell that to the Politicians because the attitude is that it is for everyone.

Now lets see how this would play out in school.

"Joe, why are you not going to Religion (read= Catholic) Class?"
"We are Muslims"

Well I am certain that the school experience for Joe will become rather unpleasant. How do I know? Because I've had the immigrant experience where the nationality from the origin country was a subject of frequent jokes. Hope you all remember how nice young kids are in school when you are "different".

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

ust stear clear of lynch mob justice

oh you mean like burning people on stakes? or not advocating the use of condoms because god said so?

Ok my mistake, i find that ironic that you say what you do and use money at the same time.

when its based on greed.. thats why we have a neat little word called "profit"

Funny! Prophet / Porfit

hmm LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This is not about the Police. This is about the Catholic Church, the pope., as someone has stated before, if you want to discuss those issues, open a seperate topic. Stop trying to derail this one.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And Yet you have stated, that you think we in Society should accept it. I do not think so.

And another thing, If I even thought that a Police officer was a Phedophile, I would go outof my way as a mother to make sure, he was removed frm his position, or even raise the question to is superiors, until there was something done about it. I would go as far as going to the press. So Yes I would questiona Police Officer, If it meant myself being arrested so be it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join