It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

1st, let me say THANK YOU for serving in our military. I am a VETERAN and wished I could be there with you, my brothers and sisters in the US Armed Services.

2nd, I will pray for you and those serving with you, that you all get to come home soon and safely.

3rd, I want to wish YOU and the rest of those serving, A MERRY CHRISTMAS and want you know that Yahweh and His Son Yahshua, are keeping an eye on you there. They know what troubles your heart and I am praying also for your loved ones who are today thinking of you at home.

4th and Lastly, Give AL-QUEDA and the TALIBAN HELL ! HUUUUUURAAAAAH !
My birthday is on 9/11 and I didn't appreciate watching mass murder'ers killing my fellow innocent countrymen on my birthday ! I want Bin Laden's ass as much as anyone but it would make one hell of birthday present for me if you guys catch or kill that SOB !

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

OP no one can judge you. But we really do need to get the message out to potential conscripts that they are laying their life on the line for someone elses agenda - and it isn't all about self defence.
Meanwhile I hope you and your comrades get through this safely.
Wishing you as peaceful a Christmas as possible. Here's one person in the UK raising a glass and wishing you and all of us a better future.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
come on man! stand up proud and be counted as one of the FEW heroic
type of people that choose not to opt out of duty and take the easy route
but choose the hard testing road that offers salvation to others as well as yourself!!

i am grateful that you are there doing what is needed even when you should be at home with your loved ones.

you ARE strong you have NO fear you SHALL overcome and god willing you will return home to celebrate at a later time.

GOD SPEED TRUE FIGHTER.

He didn't have a choice to opt out of duty. For anyone who doesn't know what Stop Loss is it's basically an unconstitutional act to soldiers who are told that when its time for them to ETS (Estimated Time Of Service)out which in simple terms means the date in which they get out of the army but when they are short before this actual date that they get out the Army gives Stop Loss them which basically means what is says they are stopping a loss of an Active Duty member which they lengthen the soldier's construct for another 12-15months take or give a few to send them right back overseas to fight again. It is not a volunteer Army once you enlist. Some soldiers get unlucky and get caught up in the Deployment Rotation at Fort Campbell and can't get out. Especially if your an E-6/Staff Sergeant.

Once you sign up you lose all rights to the United States Government. At home or abroad you have to follow and deal with rules, regulations, and certain restrictions for serving your country that you normally wouldn't have to go through in a civilian life.

Some of these restrictions are for your own good and some are just silly. The Army discriminates against certain soldiers. If a soldier is heavy set and can't pass tape they not only have to do pt in the morning also have to do it at night after work. Sometimes do it around 3-4am before pt.

If you can't pass a pt test you will also be on the extra pt plan like stated above. This plan doesn't always work. Instead of being a leader and talking to the soldier about why they aren't making tape or passing the pt test and talking to them about their diets, they put those soldiers through hell and make them feel bad as well.

When it's the Army's fault in the first place for lowering the pt requirements for new recruits in basic and AIT and allowing heavy set people to come in, which they have just a right as well as fit people do to serve their country.

Even in Iraq of Afghanistan, or any other duty station if you screw up even if it wasn't intentional you will be made to do crazy things such as carry a 5 gallon jug of water/fuel around all day or carry a tank's wheel track around. The NCO's try to make the soldiers scared of them.

You have to deal with being treated like crap just for serving your country. I am sure the op didn't "cry" like stated by other users during his enlistment, he was only fixing to get out before the Military said nope we need you for another deployment.

If your not doing some things the army expects of you they will talk down to you and demoralize you until you start to "better yourself" according to their needs.

Any NCO that calls another soldier a D-Bag is not worthy of being an NCO and doesn't know how to be an effective leader and should not be serving his country. You have to talk to the soldier and find out why he acts like this or say certain things or what his actions really mean.

He has a reason to gripe he got Stop Loss. He got in thinking it was what he wanted and his mind changed. It happens. The Military isn't for everyone. As long as he does a good job and does things to the best of his ability is what counts.

But the U.S. Army isn't anything like the great commercials they make. It's totally opposite. They put you into stressful environments no matter where you are stationed and wonder why you wont participate in group functions or paintball or anything with other NCO's in off/down time.

People that have enlisted in the military right after high school with no extra education or no prior work background will most likely stay in the military because they are made to believe they can not make it on the outside world and it's all they know, and they got used to being treated like # quick.

Alot of people that have had plenty of experience most likely don't stay in, and it's not worth it because there is more money to be made.

NCO's and First Sergeants always tells soldiers there are no jobs out there waiting for you. No matter what college degree you have or experience. They also tell you that if you get out of the Army business' won't hire you because they think you can't handle the Army. That's all BS. I can't believe these NCO's and higher enlisted men are all brainwashed to think this.

Not only are there plenty of opportunities out there, there are even better ones! Getting education can be difficult as well while on Active Duty they will have ways of not letting you go to school that day or all of a sudden an FTX or Field training came up, or they don't have anyone to pull weapons guard duty, or cq, or staff duty because a soldier didn't show up you have to do it.

The army is to unorganized they have soldiers running around all day with their heads cut off because the higher enlisted men don't know what's going on themselves until they get word from the commander who waits on word from higher ranking officers and the battalion commander. The Army is just one big mess.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. There will be no christmas presents under a tree for me and my crew and I wont be able to see the faces of loved ones once again just like the past few years but I have gotten use to it by now. I found this year to be the most difficult because I was so close to being slighty free from government control but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families. I wish every last one of you a merry X-mas good luck in trying to bring us back home. Oh yeah one more thing, I found this music video that cheered me up during the holidays that you might like but the timing is drastically off so enjoy and remember we are not here by choice and would rather fight for your freedom then the freedom of corporate lapdogs that make way too much money.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

I can, to some degree, empathize, however, it was my understanding that the United States utilizes a volunteer army?

4 years ago I had a friend who wrote to me very much like you are now- he was in Iraq working as a KBR construction/repair supervisor. He had 1 person working under him, and all they did was make sure hot water flowed, and now and then the guys on the base let him go out on patrol with them. Said he was sad, alone, etc. I reminded him of the same fact I'm reminding you of: You had a choice, you made it, you're getting paid for it.

I'm sorry for your loneliness, but I cannot sympathize with someone who volunteered without foresight for such things. You tell yourself whatever you need to in order to get through the day, or whatever time you have left, but I suspect deep down you realize our country had no business over there, and what we've done in Iraq is to create pure chaos. www.imdb.com... (No End In Sight). Before you dismiss it as propaganda, just realize it's hard to dismiss anything when the people interviewed are the actual Bush Administration folks responsible for Iraq, in Iraq, and including the Secretary of State.

So much fail.

But I digress. Oh, my friend above- he was on a $160,000/year contract, and was provided room and board. Paid no taxes on that money either.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

What are you stoned, pull duty because your relief "didn't show up," - give it an effen rest, that's the biggest load of civilian social worker crap I've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I couldnt of said it any better myself. Thanks for letting folks know what type of system the Army has going on. While I am stop-lossed for now, rest assured I will be out of the Army next year and going to college. $tar for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I apologize in advance for posting this but the members who posted that this STOPLOSS character may not be a real soldier may be right and they have a right to post their opinions. This is a conspiracy site! Some of us see a conspiracy in everything.
Who knows maybe this guy found a picture of a soldier online for his avatar and watched the movie "STOP LOSS" (look it up) and decided to create this identity for himself.

As for me I think he is fake and unless one of the mods verifies his IP address I will stand firm in my belief that he is a fake.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by joey_hv]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Then by all means, use the IP address to find out where im at and you will see that this is no joke at all. Im sure you will ask for more proof after more proof after even more proof. I guess this means guilty until proven innocent?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
reply to post by jca2005

What are you stoned, pull duty because your relief "didn't show up," - give it an effen rest, that's the biggest load of civilian social worker crap I've ever heard.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that but hey whatever, I am the one experiencing it now. It happens. Just because you didn't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I think you misunderstood. I was basically saying that some soldiers don't go to duty like they are supposed to or just didn't get the information in time, and you are asked to do it, or not only yourself, other people.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by joey_hv

Then by all means, use the IP address to find out where im at and you will see that this is no joke at all. Im sure you will ask for more proof after more proof after even more proof. I guess this means guilty until proven innocent?

Nope, the IP will do, I'm sure a mod can easily verify this, they have done it before.
And I mean no disrespect either way. This just doesn't feel right.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jca2005

I couldnt of said it any better myself. Thanks for letting folks know what type of system the Army has going on. While I am stop-lossed for now, rest assured I will be out of the Army next year and going to college. $tar for you.

Yea man no problem. I ain't scared to speak up. It happens. The Military is much different than of the military of yesterday. I am not making any of this up just stating facts. When I was just an average civilian I did not know anything about the military, most civilians didn't unless they had family in the military and I only had my grandfather who was in and told me it wasn't going to be anything worth liking to do. The only information you see about the military is in commercials and on the army website, but the don't tell you any of the negatives and the crap you deal with just to serve your country.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality.

lost meaning and morality?

americans' definition of freedom =

a child was born today, on christmas day.
into a world called america.

if life is a game the game for this child is such:
*imagine monopoly as a template for this "game"

FACT:
if americans took all their supreme court justices, and all their "law makers" (senators & congressmen) into one building with everything they needed to survive, and all the paper writing utensils they need ....
and did not let them out of that building until they wrote down all the rules and all the laws and all the ordinances that ONE CHILD needs to know in order to CONFORM to the GAME ...
THEY WOULD ALL DIE BEFORE THEIR TASK WAS COMPLETE

no soul with any amount of integrity would play the game without knowing the rules.

why are you in iraq in the first place?
you don't know.
you really don't know!!!!

AMERICANS' definition of freedom =
conform to all the rules of the game!
while no 1 individual is capable of knowing all the rules of the game.

take the "FREE DUMB" and spread it by military means, by force, around the world.

when the military won't do it....
put the military underneath civilians who will not conform to the geneva conventions rules....

Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality.

lost meaning and morality?

you never had morality or meaning...

america does not know freedom, or what it is.

how many countries have american military bases in them?
do you even know?

how many countries have bases in america?

have a nice christmas, away from your family, and you don't even know why.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It was your choice to join the military.

I have no sympathy for you.

Sorry, I just don't support the troops of a volunteer armed forces when they complain about how bad they have it.

Let this be a lesson to anyone considering to join.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

we are not here by choice

Sorry... I thought you signed a contract and received a paycheck from the American people?

I too am alone for the holidays, and will be working at that. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I apologize in advance for posting this but the members who posted that this STOPLOSS character may not be a real soldier may be right and they have a right to post their opinions. This is a conspiracy site! Some of us see a conspiracy in everything.
Who knows maybe this guy found a picture of a soldier online for his avatar and watched the movie "STOP LOSS" (look it up) and decided to create this identity for himself.

As for me I think he is fake and unless one of the mods verifies his IP address I will stand firm in my belief that he is a fake.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by joey_hv]

Roger that my friend. It's pretty clear to anyone who reads this thread that we have a pretender in our midst.

Enough about that then, Merry Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Sorry, I just don't support the troops of a volunteer armed forces when they complain about how bad they have it.

i volunteered in americas' corporates' military, too!
i joined in 1998.
after 9-11 i volunteered another 6 years.

i was supposed to get out (my volunteering was over per the contract i signed) on: December 17th, 2007.

america changed the rules on me, and they didn't let me out until May 28th, 2009.

why was i kept in an extra year and a half?
because america does not honor their contracts.

i volunteered up until December 2007, as the contract stated.
the contract was a lie. i blame all americans, respectivley.

but a PASS A FIST will be a pacifist, unwilling to fight their own fights, and use others to fight for them, controlling them with $$$$$$$$$

GOD = Government Of Dollars

america, their are consequences to attempting to tamper with time.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by the som]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by the som

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

i volunteered in americas' corporates' military, too!
i joined in 1998.
after 9-11 i volunteered another 6 years.

i was supposed to get out (my volunteering was over per the contract i signed) on: December 17th, 2007.

america changed the rules on me, and they didn't let me out until May 28th, 2009.

why was i kept in an extra year and a half?
because america does not honor their contracts.

i volunteered up until December 2007, as the contract stated.
the contract was a lie. i blame all americans, respectivley.

but a PASS A FIST will be a pacifist, unwilling to fight their own fights, and use others to fight for them, controlling them with $$$$$$$$$

GOD = Government Of Dollars

And? You are proving MY point.

Don't want to be in the army? Don't sign up!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

once you sign that contract, it is FOREVER.

unless, you can prove they have no basis in reality.

take americas' AIR FORCE, for instance:

first two "CORE VALUES" are:

1 = INTEGRITY FIRST
2 = SERVICE BEFORE SELF

INTEGRITY = **"BEING COMPLIANT WITH THE FACTS"
SERVICE BEFORE SELF = OPPOSITE OF SELF PRE-SERVE, aka self preservation.

so, united states' air force:
fear is a byproduct of self preservation, the exact opposite of service before self.

ANY AND ALL ORDERS GIVEN TO INVOKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF OTHERS IS IN EFFECT THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE AIR FORCES FIRST TWO "CORE VALUES".

summary = america has fired their air force, and both americans, and members of the air force are .... too stupid to know what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by the som
reply to post by HankMcCoy

once you sign that contract, it is FOREVER.

unless, you can prove they have no basis in reality.

take americas' AIR FORCE, for instance:

first two "CORE VALUES" are:

1 = INTEGRITY FIRST
2 = SERVICE BEFORE SELF

INTEGRITY = **"BEING COMPLIANT WITH THE FACTS"
SERVICE BEFORE SELF = OPPOSITE OF SELF PRE-SERVE, aka self preservation.

so, united states' air force:
fear is a byproduct of self preservation, the exact opposite of service before self.

ANY AND ALL ORDERS GIVEN TO INVOKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF OTHERS IS IN EFFECT THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE AIR FORCES FIRST TWO "CORE VALUES".

summary = america has fired their air force, and both americans, and members of the air force are .... too stupid to know what they are doing.

The keywords being ONCE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT...

Hence.. DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT!

You signed it. You became property of the United States.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hence.. DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT!

You signed it. You became property of the United States.

no, i was property of the united states when i was born in the united states

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join