It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We all wish you were here as well.

The thing that I don't get is that it seems most soldiers know what's up when it comes to what you're really fighting for, although you may have found out a little too late. (after joining) The hate and the fear have been realized to be illusions, and the real motivation seems to have been discovered. Wake up our brothers and sisters standing there with you. Pack # up and come home.
"War is over (if you want it)"
I mean it's you guys that are flying back and forth, you're the one controlling the machines, You have the power to decide if you want to come home. I'm clearly aware that it's not that simple, but it really would be if everyone was truly informed. You and I know the truth but neither one of us can simply refuse unless everyone is aware. I try everyday I refuse to follow the norm at every chance I get, only to discover that self appointed guardians of the system well definitely keep you in check. This would translate to you being punished for not following orders, nothing would be accomplished unless a healthy majority refused along with you.

Sometimes the task at hand seems quite impossible. In actuality it's very simple. Teach,Love,and ignore the interests that are not truly your own. We are starting to reach the tipping point. Pretty soon the amount of people that know will outweigh the people who choose to ignore. It does seem that most people who know the truth are passionate about sharing it with others. There are also a great many more who might be too afraid to speak. Find out, don't be afraid to speak, if many of your comrades are saying the same thing as you, it will be much easier to convince those of a higher rank. Or those that go along with the day by day just because.

The truth is this... We are all one family sharing this earth. We are in fact all small pieces of the larger organism. Those people that you're ordered to kill are no different than you. They in a sense ARE you. Don't most soldiers agree that when they are forced to end someones life, it kills a bit of themselves in the process? Don't let yourself die anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
... We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. ..... I found this year to be the most difficult... but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

few questions..: why on earth are you there? ( IF you are in Iraq..) Its not obligated, is it? You were forced to fight in Iraq? Nope..
You choose ( IF you were there..
)to be there and do their dirty work..

The whole context of your story gives me the feeling you are not over there..

Merry X-Mas to you all!

Peace.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by sossa77]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalGnostic
Thank you for wearing that uniform everyday and representing the very best of America.

If this is America at its very best? Well,... I won't further comment on this

Peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hang on. Just wait to feel life at home...

You'll get it back. And when you do, you'll see it from a fresh perspective.

Small stuff will seem like luxury. Luxury will be heaven.

It's totally worth it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wish you as merry a christmas as it can get for you. I'm sorry you're stuck over there for the bs that is our government. Please keep your head up. Hopefully you'll be back at home before you know it. Don't let a couple depressing years get to you. Make us proud and show the world that not everyone in our military is a blood obsessed a-hole.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. There will be no christmas presents under a tree for me and my crew and I wont be able to see the faces of loved ones once again just like the past few years but I have gotten use to it by now. I found this year to be the most difficult because I was so close to being slighty free from government control but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families. I wish every last one of you a merry X-mas good luck in trying to bring us back home. Oh yeah one more thing, I found this music video that cheered me up during the holidays that you might like but the timing is drastically off so enjoy and remember we are not here by choice and would rather fight for your freedom then the freedom of corporate lapdogs that make way too much money.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

I'm a Vet too, and that's really sad except for one thing, you said you are not there by choice? Sorry friend, you actually are their by choice. There is no draft now, everybody that goes there is there because they want to be there, in fact, I think you are not really a soldier, but just fullof #e.

As a real Veteran, I can see very clearly that this post is a fabrication of an America hating piece of crap, so no need for good luck - It's fake. Damn the pig who tried to make this stuff up.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by B.Morrison
fight there own war themselves, and let our troops finally come home? win/win situation right?

[edit on 24/12/09 by B.Morrison]

That would be ideal, but wheres the money in that!?

surely there's something we can do about it tho right? enough soldiers & civilians get together and push for that solution, if that didn't achieve the goal, maybe the fact that it didn't will be enough exposure of the profiteers that we can achieve the goal the next time round with the additional evidence?

there has to be a way.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

We never get any gifts from the local populace, except food but other then that were the ones who usually give them gifts like soccer balls, candy, and anything else to ease the pain they go through.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Rock On, you guys and gals are the best.

Stay safe today and I hope you can soon join your family back here in the good old USA. One of the better places in the world to live.

Merry Christmas to you and all of our brave soldiers.

CharlyV

(Edited for content)

[edit on 25-12-2009 by charlyv]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

We never get any gifts from the local populace, except food but other then that were the ones who usually give them gifts like soccer balls, candy, and anything else to ease the pain they go through.

Give it up D-Bag - You are no more a soldier in Iraq than I am a lunch lady in Iowa. You're a poser and any real Vet in the world could sniff you out in a heartbeat. You suck for what you are doing here - black eyes to you America hating piece of crap.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sossa77

Actually I am here by force, its called getting stop-lossed. Other then that have a merry christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Youre right, there is no draft, however there still is a thing called stop-loss and I am one of the last few who have been given this burden, but maybe you would know this if you were serving now wouldnt you? Merry christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

reply to post by factbeforefiction

Youre right, there is no draft, however there still is a thing called stop-loss and I am one of the last few who have been given this burden, but maybe you would know this if you were serving now wouldnt you? Merry christmas!

Enough. Let it go. What you have done here is not right. I trust that your motivation, your heart was in the right place. And I believe you have done some good. But it is time to let it go. God Bless you, and God bless you for bringing an awareness to our brothers and sisters who are there.

Merry Christmas Friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

What is your MOS? What FOB are you at?

People don't buy into this guy. Any soldier knows that when your over seas, christmas is just another day and your mind is focused elsewhere. I spent 2 CONSECUTIVE CHRISTMASES in baquba Iraq and I didn't miss it one bit. ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK! Sure the war sucks but there are ALOT of American civilians over in iraq that make life 100000 times easier. THEY COOK BIG DINNERS AND HAND OuT PRESENTS. The first year I was there I even got a photo of santa holding my M249 Machine Gun.

I would label this person a troll if anything. Give me some proof you are a soldier, and not just a anti war fanatic that is willing to make up any lie they can to levey support.

PALEASE! Oh and by the way the LAST thing even the most worthless of soldiers would ASK for it Pitty from the American people. wow wtf

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Your efforts are not forgotten OP, this unjustified war has gone on long enough.

Bunker down, it will end.

/salute

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wish You and Your Friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

PS: My thoughts go to those who are there. Thoughts travel Far

[edit on 25-12-2009 by shakespear1]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by Stop-loss!

What is your MOS? What FOB are you at?

People don't buy into this guy. Any soldier knows that when your over seas, christmas is just another day and your mind is focused elsewhere. I spent 2 CONSECUTIVE CHRISTMASES in baquba Iraq and I didn't miss it one bit. ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK! Sure the war sucks but there are ALOT of American civilians over in iraq that make life 100000 times easier. THEY COOK BIG DINNERS AND HAND OuT PRESENTS. The first year I was there I even got a photo of santa holding my M249 Machine Gun.

I would label this person a troll if anything. Give me some proof you are a soldier, and not just a anti war fanatic that is willing to make up any lie they can to levey support.

PALEASE! Oh and by the way the LAST thing even the most worthless of soldiers would ASK for it Pitty from the American people. wow wtf

Roger that Brother - Let's just let it go. At least people are thinking about our brothers and sisters over there. Merry Christmas Man

[edit on 25-12-2009 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

ok then, here is proof of where and how I work. I am in FOB Gary Owen in the Maysan province by the city of Amarrah. I am a 13B (field artillery) and I work with PRT missions. my unit is B 2-29 FA and also work with CA (Civil Affairs). I use to be in Baqubah back in 2004 in the Diyala province, I even remember the Buritz section was a real pain to go through, do you work by the Blue dome or in fob warhorse?. merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

ok then, here is proof of where and how I work. I am in FOB Gary Owen in the Maysan province by the city of Amarrah. I am a 13B (field artillery) and I work with PRT missions. my unit is B 2-29 FA and also work with CA (Civil Affairs). I use to be in Baqubah back in 2004 in the Diyala province, I even remember the Buritz section was a real pain to go through, do you work by the Blue dome or in fob warhorse?. merry Christmas.

Just let it go, no harm done. Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

Wow dude whats your mos i got gifts all the time did 2 tours in Iraq. And handed many out as well all ways carried peppermints in my pocket for the kids they loved it. I actually spent Christmas there and yeah you miss your family and god i missed real restaurants. But at least for me i knew my purpose and thought it was essential enough so i volunteered for the second tour.

If you don't know why your there i suggest you leave the base a little more often because either your in supply and haven't been out there helping Iraqis and for that matter protecting them. We were the only thing there to prevent there society falling apart think they could depend on there police(there cowards they ran when people were being hurt literally watched as 5 police ran when a car opened fire on kids in a play ground).The Iraqis would tell us the problems they were having because they knew we could solve them.

I spent my time in diamondback and marez on second tour but traveled alot where you at? Worse was the fb in Afganistan nothing like being woken up by the sound of gunfire.Well if your truly a soldier than keep your head down and watch your back and make friends with the locals they warned us of trouble hundreds of times.

[edit on 12/25/09 by dragonridr]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join