It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Drexl
That is what comes from a culture of the brainwashed. They come out with the same rhetoric , the same little idioms . ' Thank you for your service' . It's like watching a zombie movie .

Well I would like to thank you for......I'm not sure....fill us in....

You can thank me for not believing in your BS wars . You might not appreciate it just yet , but I am an anchor to something you lost in the usa over this whole debacle . Reality . I don't even expect you to comprehend , submerged as you are in your alter US propaganderized dream state paradigm of some perverted sense of righteousness of killing middle easterners to keep america safe . One day you'll thank .. not me , a european , but other americans who likewise don't fall for the same BS either . Till that day when you thank them , I'll take that for your postponed gesture of thanks .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you for the awesome link. The army never tells us of heroic acts likie this for fear that we might wake up from the brainwashing and sleep. $tar for you

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Thank you for the awesome link. The army never tells us of heroic acts likie this for fear that we might wake up from the brainwashing and sleep. $tar for you

Hell no they don't. The public doesn't even know the real suicide rate. Our Unit lost a fellow comrade as well as another company from suicide within our Battalion. That definitely did not get posted on the news or anywhere within the post. Only the Battalion knew.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
And the MOMENT that our military ISN'T voluntary, I will support the men and women conscripted to serve.

Personally, I would feel safer with a drafted military.

Until that moment every one of my points is valid.

And do you really think my 18 year old neighbor is protecting this country? No. The nuclear weapons we possess protect this country.

I don't think there are too many military troops demanding that they get support or respect. Many have joined to learn a trade, see the world, get a steady paycheck and healthcare for them and their families, work on their education etc. I don’t know of any that joined to kill people, get disabled or to die… Would I get your respect if I told you I have directly saved 100,000s of lives in relief efforts throughout my military career? But who really cares, I didn’t do it for yours or anyones else respect…hehe

BTW who guards the nukes? I use to fly them all over the world to our overseas sites as part of my military responsibility. I must say though I do find your final statement "The nuclear weapons we possess protect this country" very ignorant. If that is what you truly believe than you know little about any of this.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

[You can thank me for not believing in your BS wars . You might not appreciate it just yet , but I am an anchor to something you lost in the usa over this whole debacle . Reality . I don't even expect you to comprehend , submerged as you are in your alter US propaganderized dream state paradigm of some perverted sense of righteousness of killing middle easterners to keep america safe . One day you'll thank .. not me , a european , but other americans who likewise don't fall for the same BS either . Till that day when you thank them , I'll take that for your postponed gesture of thanks .

Ok, so I thank you for sitting on your ass, while you judge everyone around you....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Explanation:
ATTENTION!
There is a Conspiracy afoot! Here is why [IMO of course]....

1stly This thread starts off all coolio with nearly a whole page of on topic replies and then superluminal11 posted. Note: This is THE member who started the ORIGINAL attack on the OP'ers ethos/reputation with their one and so far only post to this thread! [HERE!]

I note that they, themselves, rarely post more than 3 times to any thread and this is a telling point! [See for yourself HERE! [profile+posts]] Agent Provocateur? Or just Vacuous?

And then these "claimed" Veterans [listed below] start COLLECTIVELY around and trying to TANK [derail] the thread! Was this a simple case of
see
do jumping on the bandwagon? Or was it a clear and present conspiracy orchestrated by
's?

List of possible co-conspirators and links to all their posts to this thread....

mosesgunner [www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=mosesgunner]

factbeforefiction [www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=factbeforefiction]

ThePeoplesSoldier [www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=ThePeoplesSoldier

FYI! [and especially for theirs specifically!] Please read these tidbits quoted and sourced directly from the T&C's .... [Inspired by projectvxn's post www.abovetopsecret.com... Note all emoticon edits added to the T&C quotes below are mine OK!
]

"1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people."

"ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever."

"2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s)
and immediate termination of your account.
"

"Terms & Conditions Summary: The below specific and itemized rules not withstanding, all members are expected to participate with the same common every-day social graces used in civilized mixed company. Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults."

Disclaimer:
I have as yet to Alert the mod's about this issue, as I wanted to make a POINT, without shooting
myself in the foot first in the process of
the lack of RESPECT shown! It's still on the cards so to speak, even if I'm holding some Aces up my sleeve!

I fully recommend members ignore my example and Alert the
as they see fit!

Personal Disclosure: reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Brace yourself!, as I proceed to your posts lame attempted "Pot calling the Kettle black!" RE: "PALEASE! Oh and by the way the LAST thing even the most worthless of soldiers would ASK for it Pitty from the American people. wow wtf"

OH REALLY???
Then what is this all about then ....

Source [ATS thread]

"Please stop ridiculing those who choose to not be put in prison and take care of their family’s instead. "

Oh and this as well ....

"I am an avid reader of ATS and love this site. (Sometimes I even get to read at work, Shh don’t tell Uncle Sam)"

NOTE: All bold are MY edits for clarity to show the "PLEA's" for pity!

This is the 2nd time that your posts have made me
and want to
:bnghd: Way to go with that SCROOGE Christmas cheer fail! :shk:
I hope the Ghost of Christmas Past that I summoned above HAUNTS YOU HORRIBLY!

P.S. This is a list of those members whose post/s earned St*rs from me ....

Stop-loss!
Granite
AccessDenied
DOADOA [
]
seasoul [
]
Novise
jca2005
projectvxn
GorehoundLarry
EvolvedMinistry
someguy420
bputman [for injecting some humour into a deep and controversial topic!
]
unicorn1
Laurauk
tyranny22
capgrup
helster83 [short, sweet and to the point!
]
+ a few others that are too many to mention [soz
]

Merry Christmas to All.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Damnit, I didn't make either your good
or evil
list...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

[You can thank me for not believing in your BS wars . You might not appreciate it just yet , but I am an anchor to something you lost in the usa over this whole debacle . Reality . I don't even expect you to comprehend , submerged as you are in your alter US propaganderized dream state paradigm of some perverted sense of righteousness of killing middle easterners to keep america safe . One day you'll thank .. not me , a european , but other americans who likewise don't fall for the same BS either . Till that day when you thank them , I'll take that for your postponed gesture of thanks .

Ok, so I thank you for sitting on your ass, while you judge everyone around you....

If you americans had sat upon your ass and not gone democracy building , maybe the world would be in a better state than it is now . If you americans had of sat on your ass in 54 , you wouldn't have gone overthrowing a democratically elected in Guatemala . If you sat on your ass in 57 a quater of the population of Laos wouldn't have become refugees . If you sat on your ass in 65 in indonesia , maybe half a million people may have survived . Why don't you try it someday on your ass , the world could never come to a more dismal conclusion than the efforts you make when you start moving anywhere .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

reply to post by jca2005

Explanation: St*rs for both of you.

Personal Disclosure:
I'm humbled that I could provide my fellow ATS members with such valid and EXPLOSIVE AMMO for their fight against TPTB! I trust they'll pick their battles and use it wisely!

P.S. A sincere PRE-Happy New Years for 2010 wish to all members from OL!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

If you americans had sat upon your ass and not gone democracy building , maybe the world would be in a better state than it is now . If you americans had of sat on your ass in 54 , you wouldn't have gone overthrowing a democratically elected in Guatemala . If you sat on your ass in 57 a quater of the population of Laos wouldn't have become refugees . If you sat on your ass in 65 in indonesia , maybe half a million people may have survived . Why don't you try it someday on your ass , the world could never come to a more dismal conclusion than the efforts you make when you start moving anywhere .

Well, if we sat on our asses in 1943 you would be typing in German, or if we sat on it during the cold war you would be speaking Russian, or if we continued to sit on it we all be speaking Chinese in the future, and maybe if we got off our asses for Darfur then 4 million would not be dead there, or off our asses in Cambodia with Po Pot, or stayed on it in Bosnia/ Kosovo….

I probably agree with you more than you might think for there are many many places I wished never to have gone to, or ever go back again that America’s policy put me in, but it is what it is…

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by malcr

When I first joined, I though I was fighting for people's freedom, I though I was making a difference for Iraq, and I though that this war was about bringing peace to the middle east. Its funny how fast we learn things when were actually there instead of watching it in the news. Why I havent left? Simply because I am not here on my own will, I have been stop-lossed in late july and am still here till next year so no need for you to be a negative nancy about it.

You are making a difference. Its a BIG difference.

You are fighting for something we have taken out of WW11.

"WE MUST NEVER LET THIS EVER HAPPEN AGAIN".

GIVE THE TERRORISTS A CHANCE AND THEY WOULD TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Lets make the New Year 2010 the year we take Bin Laden out. We would all like to see you do that one.

I am sick of Bin Laden videos...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Oh , you mean how Prescott Bush , American banker , grandfather of GW Bush got off his ass , and financed nazi Industrialists . You mean how you got off your ass and went about assassinating democratically elected European leaders to stop some pseudo spread of communism . How you got off your ass not to spy on russian submarines as intended , but on european arms deals to disrupt them so as to introduce american arms manufacturers into the process. How you got all the way up of your ass to remove a democratically appointed australian prime minister . How you got all the way up of your ass again to introduce death squads in Brazil . That is really taking it to the communists isn't it . I bet without your intervention , removing an australian PM like that , they would be reds by now surely . Or al qaida terrorists . You keep on getting up off your ass and doing the world a favour . At least if it keeps one delusionist happy it's served some kind of purpose .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I just made a thread about my actions after this thread but it got moved to BTS. Maybe its so my superiors wont find it?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Thank you ATS for both positive and negative comments. Feel free to vent out all your anger towards me for being honest and for showing people that we too are capable of being human without being told to do so. To the haters here on this thread, keep feeding the fire because its about to burn as bright as the sun.

I wouldn't begin to blame you. You are legally bound to do what you are told, whether in the end it is truly right or not. It is the people much father up the chain of command that should bear the burden of mending relations with these countries instead of you guys having to put yourself in potentially harmful situations as nation builders instead of the military group you are meant to be.

By signing up you are promised education, housing and food and find out that it's either been denied or privatized, in which case you need to pay to even have your laundry done or to get a decent meal. Though I don't agree with what's currently being done in Iraq and Afganistan I certainly wouldn't blame you for the difficult situation you've been given.

Stay safe.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Oh , you mean how Prescott Bush , American banker , grandfather of GW Bush got off his ass , and financed nazi Industrialists . You mean how you got off your ass and went about assassinating democratically elected European leaders to stop some pseudo spread of communism . How you got off your ass not to spy on russian submarines as intended , but on european arms deals to disrupt them so as to introduce american arms manufacturers into the process. How you got all the way up of your ass to remove a democratically appointed australian prime minister . How you got all the way up of your ass again to introduce death squads in Brazil . That is really taking it to the communists isn't it . I bet without your intervention , removing an australian PM like that , they would be reds by now surely . Or al qaida terrorists . You keep on getting up off your ass and doing the world a favour . At least if it keeps one delusionist happy it's served some kind of purpose .

Your trump card to Nazi ruling half of the world and Japan ruling the other is international banking pre WWIIs? Your trump card to Russia killing 80 million, and China 150 million plus and expansion ideals not seen since Genghis Khan is pseudo assassination attempts or accomplishment, and pseudo "death squads" not to mention to 4 million dead in Darfur and 2 million in Cambodia due to no intervention? I guess it is damn if you do and damn if you don’t.

Hehe, I’m glad you have just one nation to blame all the world problems on, and it is also nice at least one delusional person is happy.

If the US was as bad as you would like to believe we would have 150 states right now and not just 50....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanks. It seems like I am a magnet for instigators and haters, but over time they will see what a donkey they made of themselves and for nothing.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Thanks. It seems like I am a magnet for instigators and haters, but over time they will see what a donkey they made of themselves and for nothing.

Well man just ignore them. They aren't any better than you are. As long as you know what's true is what counts.
That's all that matters really. You got up off your ass like I did to serve your country thinking it was right then get in and realize different. I could care less who sees this.

What are my Commanders/NCO's gonna do to me? Not like me? Haha tell me to drop in the push up position and hold it? Bar me from going off post? Kill me? There isn't nothing they can do to keep the truth from getting out.

Yea I should have an attitude like this but sometimes certain situations permit me to do so and feel so.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Your trump card to Nazi ruling half of the world and Japan ruling the other is international banking pre WWIIs? Your trump card to Russia killing 80 million, and China 150 million plus and expansion ideals not seen since Genghis Khan is pseudo assassination attempts or accomplishment, and pseudo "death squads" not to mention to 4 million dead in Darfur and 2 million in Cambodia due to no intervention? I guess it is damn if you do and damn if you don’t.

Hehe, I’m glad you have just one nation to blame all the world problems on, and it is also nice at least one delusional person is happy.

If the US was as bad as you would like to believe we would have 150 states right now and not just 50....

Pre WW2 ? , he kept up the funding till 1942 till his assets were seized . That might be pre war to you since you only joined in 43 towards the end of the war , but to most other people , without your historical filter , that would definetely call up to 42 war years . Anyway , that isn't a trump card . The Russians and their winter were the trump card . They turned the tide of the war . Not you . You might have sold some decrepit old battleships to the english for carribean islands , you might have saddled the english with an enormous debt that they only just paid off , you might have sent some couple of hundred thousand troops over that mostly shot into the air as opposed to the enemy , but you didn't lose millions , you didnt fight the elite germans on the eastern front , you fought retreating recruits, old men and nazi youth , you sat in french restarants whilst the real war raged in the east . After the war , you claim you have liberated europe . You and your paltry few dead while millions of Russians die . And we are supposed to believe your BS , take it back to the US with you , where you got it from. Your films and comics You will get a more receptive audience .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
sorry to hear it's a depressing christmas for you soldiers. however, it was a badass holiday for the contractors!! i know a guy working over there. (can't say what he's doing but anyway) long story short, this little kid got shot because he was acting up at a checkpoint.

guess what my contractor friend got for christmas?? that little kid's penis on a necklace. LOL. that's crazy, huh? anyway, support your troops and god bless america

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
How you even dare to mention cambodia . It is a product of your american school of disinformation . The CIA took out Sahounek for keeping them out of the vietnamese war . Replacing him with the puppet Lon Nol who throws cambodians into the battle at the cia / americans request . The unpopularity of this puppet gives rise to the Khmer Rouge who massacre millions. All from your meddling.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join