It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. There will be no christmas presents under a tree for me and my crew and I wont be able to see the faces of loved ones once again just like the past few years but I have gotten use to it by now. I found this year to be the most difficult because I was so close to being slighty free from government control but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families. I wish every last one of you a merry X-mas good luck in trying to bring us back home. Oh yeah one more thing, I found this music video that cheered me up during the holidays that you might like but the timing is drastically off so enjoy and remember we are not here by choice and would rather fight for your freedom then the freedom of corporate lapdogs that make way too much money.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You post made me sad but I wish you everything wonderful on Christmas and in the New Year!

You are all appreciated and very much in the thoughts of those who "get it."

Take care of yourself and sending you a huge hug !

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND COME HOME SOON!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Well, thank you for your hard work. Christmas is about giving without expectation of reward; you have trumped everyone in that regard.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey Stop Loss!

I heard Barbara Streisand, Bob Saget, and Bart Simpson are heading to Iraq to spread holiday cheer?

Is that TRUE?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that man, take care be safe and Merry Christmas to you all!

You all deserve to be home with your families right now there is no reason to be left over there.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You have my well wishes soldier. I'm not going to wish you a merry Christmas because we both know it won't be merry without your family by your side. So i wish you well and hope that you return to your family safely.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey Stop-Loss! Thanks so much for checking in. Peace and love to you...I hope you come home soon. Are you short, and do they still say that?

ChrisCrikey, "army brat" forever

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I feel for you and your comrades. If I had one wish for Christmas it would surely be that you and all other soldiers can just come home safe and sound, like RIGHT NOW!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hey there, I don't mean to be a downer or anything but if you were fighting for the freedom of the American people you wouldn't be in Iraq. You'd be outside the White House. That being said, though, everyone needs a job, and yours requires a lot of responsibility.

I couldn't care about Christmas at all, but I do wish you luck, OP.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

if they are, I doubt they will be going to my FOB since it is a backwater post. They will most likely appear in green zones and logistical camps that have great support.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Iraq has no shortage of soldiers, however I hear Afghanistan is getting a lot more troops because I guess the Taliban are pushing back hard.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think you have a sense of humor and I think I am also showing my age! I would personally like to kick some Taliban butt, but don't let my name fool you - I'm female and a little wary of their brand of sharia law.

Respect and thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey battle buddy,

While I haven't been in Iraq during X-mas I certainly was in Korea away from everyone I love so I know to a degree what it's like.

Just look at it this way, the government is paying you good to be over there so that's your x-mas pressent, and guess what? it will be double x-mas with your family when you are back!

Hang in there.

SPC B.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

There was good progress this week towards bringing you men and women home.
A huge thread called "American Soldier Makes a Great Speech". He made a great video and posted it on Youtube, check it out.
Also, Obama's approval rating drop from about 50 to 46 % after the annoncement of 30,000 more troops to afganistan.

Keep safe and strong!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

That is so true about the money thing, now if only the higher ups could stop being a blue falcon and screwing up people's pay then thing would be dandy

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Hey Stop Loss!

I heard Barbara Streisand, Bob Saget, and Bart Simpson are heading to Iraq to spread holiday cheer?

Is that TRUE?

My thoughts exactly.

No doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

This is very good news indeed. I wonder how long congress can keep up this fabrication of fighting for freedom and when will they be replaced by less corrupt personel.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well....first of all you probably arent a soldier..no disrespect. I am an intuitive and know to spot things that are there but are not there to most. Im 100% sure matter fact.
Most usually say that I am asinine, mentally ill, or whatever when I make comments like this but Im ok with it and fully understand.

However I do see what you are trying to do...A representing of sorts what most likely is hidden feelings and thoughts of many soldiers.

"A soldiers hidden self exposed on Christmas Day" would make a good heading for this post.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sir! No Sir Sir!

www.sirnosir.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yeah I call BS. And if it's not BS then I'm sorry to see such a disrespectful whiny little twerp in the military. You should be dishonorably discharged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join