It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the som

Hence.. DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT!

You signed it. You became property of the United States.

no, i was property of the united states when i was born in the united states

really? Then why were you in the military and I wasnt?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

How exactly am I a pretender again? Maybe if you looked at some of the posts that I have shown proof that im real, then maybe you would stop playing the name game, but somehow you are incapable of learning from your mistakes. Maybe you like the roll of being an ATS troll so you can strole by and make a complete a$$ of yourself.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Believe it or not but the military is made up of average joes more often now, it used to be gang bangers with no way to go or other people that would have been criminals, some have the right idea some dont.

We are not all special forces (if you met one, you will know they are not right in the head most of the time) and hard core soldiers, some of us are just doing our job.

don't you dare saying he should be dishonoribly discharged and I know he is in Iraq, one thing you might not realise is that it gets COLD in Iraq and he is wearing a goretex jacket (issued to him since it's woodland camo) and a baliclava.

I am sick and tired of people dissing our service members.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Why should they be respected any more than anyone else 'just doing their job'?

Oh, because they kill people? Yeah, because THAT makes you respectable.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

That is exactly what im trying to tell people. I am no one special, I am just trying to make a living just like everyone else in this world. It shouldnt matter if I make soldiers look soft or hardcore because we are doing the same job anyway. BTW nice job on the pic comment. It was taken back in late 2006/ early 2007 In Q-west and it was really cold at the time, especially when your a gunner. $tar for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Hence.. DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT!

You signed it. You became property of the United States.

no, i was property of the united states when i was born in the united states

really? Then why were you in the military and I wasnt?

the military members serve the same master as you do.

you just think you are not in the military, but then again .... you don't know all the rules, you don;t know all the laws, you don't know all the ordinances, you don't know what your government is doing,

until you know all the laws, all the rules, you do not know what you are doing for whom.

so, don't tell me you aren't in the military, when you don't know who your master is.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

so, don't tell me you aren't in the military, when you don't know who your master is.

I do not even know how to argue such a ridiculously flawed standpoint.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Why should they be respected any more than anyone else 'just doing their job'?

civilian contractors and corporate tools have killed more people than the military in iraq.

and the military is subservient to the civilians.
the government has put corporate civilians in charge of the military.

like black water, ie "XE" corporation.
not wearing uniforms.
and not playing by the rules of the geneva convention.

when others play by the same standards you call them "military combatants" and you send them to CUBA, and then to ILLINOIS, to whatever depressed local community needs the jobs and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
the most.

most people in the military do not kill people.
military has more professions than an average civilian town, and the overwhelming majority of those professions are not killing people.

so, from that perspective any civilian in america is just as guilty of murder as anyone in uniform performing a profession that is not CONSIDERED directly involved in the act of bloodletting.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by the som

I completely agree. Most of the time these Iraqis just kill each other off or are paid to kill each other off. Eventhough I have killed in the past, it wasnt as bad as what these suicide bombers do to each other just to take us down.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I do not even know how to argue such a ridiculously flawed standpoint.

i don't know how you so easily wash your hands of guilt or blame for what your country does abroad in so many different places all over the globe.

how are you any more respectable than those who serve you in the military?

they get paid by your tax dollars.

don't want them killing?
stop paying them to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, you can't?

then, who is it you serve?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

so, from that perspective any civilian in america is just as guilty of murder as anyone in uniform performing a profession that is not CONSIDERED directly involved in the act of bloodletting.

One BIG difference is intent.

It was YOUR intent to embrace the Military Industrial Complex and to feed off of the tits of the dead directly with your paycheck by becoming a willing accomplice while millions of us back here in the states rally to end the disgusting acts perpetrated by the MIC.

Don't tell me that you are acting in my name, because I assure you, I want nothing to do with it and will denounce it every step of the way.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

don't want them killing?
stop paying them to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, you can't?

then, who is it you serve?

Actually, I do not pay my taxes to the Military. I pay my taxes to my neighbors. Living in a democratically elected republic of the People, I am a member of the ruling class, and as only a 1/400,000,000 partner in the process, my voice isn't that large, and as such, sometimes my taxes get moved to places I don't want them to go.

So I vote to change my world.

Eventually enough people will also share my opinion and the killing that is being done by the military (under my rule, but against my will) will end.

In the meantime, I will be the change I want to see in the world and not support the military or the soldier choosing to support it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You may be for real. You may be a fake. You might even be a propagandist for one of our enemies. One thing is for sure; if your in the military you are a volunteer who chose to enlist and do what your doing now. Nobody forced you. You made the decision.

If you are telling the truth, they need to get you out of the military immediately. You can do a lot of harm from inside and maybe even cost others their own lives. With your mindset, nobody around you can or should rely on you or trust you.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Hiya Stop! How is everything today? Are you feeling alot better from the statement you opend with on the topic?

Did you recieve presents from your family today? If you did, I hope that, lifted your spirits some.

At the end of the day your going to have those who do not support you or your fellow squaddies. But at least you know there is alot of people out there, whom do support what your doing, and respect you all for that.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Why don't you just remember this ..... IF .... we didn't have an "ALL VOLUNTEER FORCE", your sorry ass would be DRAFTED along with every other 18 yr old and forced to serve.

Thank you lucky stars that someone else stood up for your sorry ass and is protecting this country. Without it, you might be a prisoner in the frozen gulag of Siberia or dead.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Today has been an interesting day. The best christmas gift I have gotten so far is hate posts and ignorant posters but its no big deal
. How has your christmas be lately. Well thanks for the post and have a soon to be happy new year

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Why don't you just remember this ..... IF .... we didn't have an "ALL VOLUNTEER FORCE", your sorry ass would be DRAFTED along with every other 18 yr old and forced to serve.

Thank you lucky stars that someone else stood up for your sorry ass and is protecting this country. Without it, you might be a prisoner in the frozen gulag of Siberia or dead.

And the MOMENT that our military ISN'T voluntary, I will support the men and women conscripted to serve.

Personally, I would feel safer with a drafted military.

Until that moment every one of my points is valid.

And do you really think my 18 year old neighbor is protecting this country? No. The nuclear weapons we possess protect this country.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Blackwater you had a choice of going out there or doing work in your own country.You chose money,rather than being close to your family.

Having said that Merry christmas,come back in one piece and above all act with honer out there

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Oh, do not let them get to you, of you do then they will win. You keep your head held up high, and be proud of what you are doing. I bet half of those posting hatefull comments, would not do what you are doing. I for one would not be abe to. And I know alot of brave female soldiers out there doing as a good as a job as you dudes are doing.

And my Christmas was cheerful, yet tearful, I watched an Auntie of mine getting aphone call from my cousin from afghanistan, it was funny but rather emotional to say the least. But at least I know he is safe for now.

So when do you recieve your christmas presents fromyour family?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by mosesgunner

You can kiss my ass. If you're American you should be ashamed. A lot easier to talk sitting in front of your computer, than it is in a war zone, you P.O.S. If you think being a soldier is easy than i encourage you to enlist. If not you should keep your friggin mouth shut.

I never said it was easy. What the op said was discrasefull and he's not even aloud to talk this way while active. If this message made it to his superiors he would be punished. That's why I highly doudt hes even in Iraw

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join