It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got any good stories to share with a semi-newbie ghosthunter?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Urgh lush!
I never saw any of those.

And yes, that's true. We've gone from ghost stuff - Dr Who - Scooby Doo - cattle mutilations.
You're right, no wonder no one but us posts!
Erm... What could we call the new thread?

Any ideas and I'll create it? Lmao.

Nice editing skills there

Apologies to anyone wanting to talk ABOUT ghosts. Go ahead, and me and Algebra will transfer general chat into another forum...
Thank you!!

(EDIT)

ALGEBRA: Scratch what I said above. Here's our new talking forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So yeah... *coughs*
Anyone got any good ghost stories/experiences to share?

[edit on 31/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
One day my brother and his friends went to this trailer beside my grandparents. They left at about 12:00 AM, and returned at about 1:30, with shocking evidence. At one point in the video they recorded, a teddy bear, flies forward and hits my brother's friend with the camera. SO then they start getting freaked out, and after looking around a bit more. They decide to get out. On the video, right when they start to leave, a woman in a white dress walks in front of them, looks at the camera with glowing yellowish eyes, then vanishes. My brother's friend is the owner of the camera, and lost the dvd with the footage. It was truly an amazing piece of evidence!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

When I lived in Juneau Alaska I lived in a haunted house that had some very strong activity. I've also been personally involved with house/building cleansing and also with numerous cases of demonic deliverance/exorcism. If you want to talk more specifically, you can contact me through U2U.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobTheBomb

Cool, just a shame that he lost the video. We would have loved to have seen it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
plenty .. figure this one out .. and you'll be getting a U2U from me..

disapparing/re-appearing house items

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow!
Great, thanks for the stories and stuff.

Yeah it is a shame the dvd was lost, that wudda been amazing to see!!

I was supposed to be going out tonight but due to weather I can't
Bit gutted!

And yes, feel free to U2U me or Algebra if you wanna share anything.
Algebra can now help me run this thread, since he's on it as much as I am

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
plenty .. figure this one out .. and you'll be getting a U2U from me..

disapparing/re-appearing house items

What's to figure out? Poltergeists do this kind of thing all the time. I even think this kind of behavior has portrayed in several movies. Anyhow, until the dudes are booted out of you house, these things will keep happening. Have you noticed doors opening and closing when you swore that you had left the door a certain way? Like you leave your room, knowing the door is open, and you return to find the door closed? Maybe you just blamed the wind, but then again, there weren't any windows open? Must be a draft then...right? Perhaps not.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Wow, just read that thread now and that's pretty interesting.
I've had things vanish and turn up in the same place before, but it happens rarely and I tend to blame my own sanity and not anything else.

Your's is mad though, are things still happening like that? Have you had any other weird experiences lately? Noises etc?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I've had some pretty spooky stuff both while investigating and during my normal life (those during my normal life basically prompted me to become an investigator). Everything from voices saying my name, growls, doors slamming shut without a bit of wind or suction.

On one investigation, on an old farm here in PA that dates back to the 1700s we were in a barn and kept hearing this voice like a little girl talking. I couldn't make out what in the world she was saying but all the investigators who were with me were male so it was a little spooky to say the least.

My advice to you is ALWAYS be skeptical, always second guess yourself about whether something was paranormal. You have to put debunking first and commit yourself to a basic understanding of the way physics and the natural world works. For instance, one mistake many investigators make is the dust orb mistake. Dust tends to catch the camera flash and create little colorful orbs. Another one to watch out for is wood, wood can expand or contract based on moisture in the air and can also hold smells which could be mistaken as paranormal phantom smells. So stay skeptical but be sure to keep an open mind so when you do find something you know for sure its paranormal.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thanks for the advice

I'm naturally a bit skeptical about this so ti will be taken on board.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

There's no evidence of poltergeists, so please choose your words accordingly
This board is "paranormal study" not "paranormal make stuff up"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

What do you mean theres no evidence of poltergiests. Ive experienced one first hand. Thats proof enough for me. lol

I would'nt put his experience down to a poltergiest anyway. If anything its a mischieviouse spirit. When it starts throwing the memory card off his head,. Then you can bump it up to poltergiest status.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Guys come on now...

It depends on you and your experiences whether or not you believe, and what you think.
No flame war is gonna start on my watch!

Anyway... I sort of forget what everyone has said now.

Erm, yes. Poltergeist cases are usually agressive and violent, not just moving things. So yeah, it'll probably just be something trying to get your attention, if it is actually paranormal.

I know a lot of people don't like doing this in their houses, but have you tried calling out or setting up a camera where these things have been happening?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

You keep your nose out its between me and him lol

Yeah your right its down to experience. Ive only had one violent experience, all the rest were just wierd. I d love stuff to happen in my own house but others would'nt.

Shame cause id have the ouija out by now lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
¬_¬
My thread, my rules

Yeah, it is. I haven't had any violent. But have had a few weird.
I wouldn't mind things happening providing I didn't feel threatened. If I felt threatened I'd be a bit worried.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Got talking to my mam about our old house and the things that happened there and she gave me a couple that i have'nt heard untill now, that happened to her.

One was the sound of a stick on the poles of the banister. Running up and down and when she looked it stoped. No sign of anything there. Wierd!

Another one was when i was at school she went in to my room and heard my walkie talkie at the bottom of my box of crap. It was switched on and the morse code botton was bieng pressed. She said it sounded random, not like someone was tapping a message out or something. Strange though.

Her T.V in her room used to switch channels and turn on and off by it self. Although that was near a window so it could have been from outside remote interference.

In her oppinion there was no doubt it was haunted. Ive told her that if i ever get enough money. Im going to buy that house again as my personal test lab. I wonder if ghosty would remember me lol

She also told me that not long after we moved out she went back to make sure it had'nt been broke in to or anything before it was sold, and there were little notes from kids saying "hello we've seen you at the window" and stuff like that.
Pretty creepy eh!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

There's no evidence of poltergeists, so please choose your words accordingly
This board is "paranormal study" not "paranormal make stuff up"

Listen here DAVE... I not only lived in a haunted house for nearly 6 months, but I've been involved in numerous paranormal events, from cleansing houses that had "ghosts" to dealing with people that were full-on possessed. I have many stories to tell, and anyone who actually knows me, they know that I am quite trustworthy when it comes to details of the cases I've been involved with.

I will not take lightly you assuming that instant condescending and debunking tone with me. I know what I have done in my life, and if you want to ask questions, you are free to, but to tell me what IS and what ISN'T, well that is just not your place to do. Perhaps you have not been in houses that had doors and stove doors opening and closing wildly in front of your face, or clock radios refusing to turn off after they went off at 3:00 AM (even after being unplugged), but I have seen these things and much more.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's a shame that nobody wants to ask me any details about the house I lived in at 491 Douglas Hwy. in Juneau Alaska. This house was even mentioned on Paul Harvey (I came to find out later). It was a fascinating case really.

I've also been involved with helping witches get free from the evil spirits that invade their bodies. Man, talk about a knock-down dragged-out battle! Still gives me goosebumps to think about those cases.

It has been my observation that these guys who try to deal with all this paranormal stuff using scientific equipment, etc., typically don't have much of a real spiritual life themselves, and they rarely understand how the spiritual world works. They are trying to analyze one world using the tools and understanding of another. Kind of silly really.

To deal with these things, and I mean such that you successfully cleanse a home or person, you have to study the spiritual forces of good and evil, you have to understand the legal framework that they operate under, how they use deception and how to test for that, and you have to be in a place where they have no power over you personally because of your own spiritual status. This is a tall order for most folks, but certainly not unattainable.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra
Got talking to my mam about our old house and the things that happened there and she gave me a couple that i have'nt heard untill now, that happened to her.

One was the sound of a stick on the poles of the banister. Running up and down and when she looked it stoped. No sign of anything there. Wierd!

Another one was when i was at school she went in to my room and heard my walkie talkie at the bottom of my box of crap. It was switched on and the morse code botton was bieng pressed. She said it sounded random, not like someone was tapping a message out or something. Strange though.

Her T.V in her room used to switch channels and turn on and off by it self. Although that was near a window so it could have been from outside remote interference.

In her oppinion there was no doubt it was haunted. Ive told her that if i ever get enough money. Im going to buy that house again as my personal test lab. I wonder if ghosty would remember me lol

She also told me that not long after we moved out she went back to make sure it had'nt been broke in to or anything before it was sold, and there were little notes from kids saying "hello we've seen you at the window" and stuff like that.
Pretty creepy eh!

You seem to have the right kind of fearless attitude. The one thing to be aware of though is that unless your spiritual status is right, they could have access to harm you or attack you if you threatened them. I have seen people who tried to kick spirits out of their house, only to find themselves attacked even more. I even knew one guy who was pinned to the wall by spirits when he tried to get tough with them. No, if you want to have authority over spirits, you have to know the rules of the game, and understand what parameters they are operating under.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Wow, please go on, I'd love to hear more of your stories.

Algebra: Thats pretty weird that. If you rebought the house it'd be good to know about the goings on there!

The notes do sound freaky lol.
And everything else...

Kind of stuff we're looking for really, innit?

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Ayana]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join