It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got any good stories to share with a semi-newbie ghosthunter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interstellaburst* Ive only been meditating for about six weeks and so have not progressed to OBE yet but i hope to eventually.

I must say im a bit sceptical as to whether its actualy possible. Nothing ventured nothing gained though eh?. From a scientific point of view im looking in to Quantum mechanics and Quantum energys for possible answers as to what kind of energy the spirit could actually be. Then from there look in to the best way to either capture that energy or at least measure it.

Got nothing to prove to anyone else more for my own satisfaction, but if i do have an OBE i'll look forward to discussing it with you. Seems like the sort of thing you need to go through to describe.

How do you feel about Quantum Communication? Could we really train our selfs to contact each other through the field, or even other civilizations else where in the universe?

(que X Files theme tune)

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Algebra]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Though I merely lurk on this site anymore I assure you, there are ghost hunters who seek the truth among you. A few threads to show my point: (I apologize that I have been gone so long I've forgotten how to hot link.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ghost hunters are out there. All we seek is the simple truth and proof of it.

May your journey bring you the answers you seek.

wupy

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow, okay. That's a lot to reply to. I shall start from the top!

Algebra: I know! it'd be awesome. I remember asking one of my chemistry teachers about it once, he said it wouldn't be possible. I thought just wait and see

But don't worry, you didn't offend me lol! I'm not easily offended, and having other points of veiw was the reason I came on here in the first place.
The world would be boring if we were all the same, right?
Plus LOL! Yes, that did make me laugh!

IntastellaBurst: Wow, no, I haven't had a NDE or OBE but I do know some stuff about them from an A Level, so I know the basics.
And yes, I will trust my senses. I realise they are one of the best things we have. Especially if we don't immediately see things.

Algebra: (again, hi *waves*) I also know about meditation from an earlier A Level. Well, I know of types of Buddhist meditation, not exactly the same, but the principles are there. I'm also a bit skeptical, but I'm always open to listening if other people believe in stuff, or have experience of things I haven't.
The Quantum stuff really does interest me a lot, I just haven't got round to reading up anything about it yet. I will in the summer though when I've got time to burn. Everythings a bit crazy at the minute!
The communication tihng would be awesome though, although phone providers would be a bit annoyed.

MrWupy: Thank you, I will take a look at those!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hey there, I've read all of the threads and I must say those are some interesting stories! I've got a few of my own that I'd like to share. The first one I recall is when I was a child of about 4. One night I noticed three shadow men who were skinny and one had a cowboy hat on, somehow I figured they were from the past and didn't seem to be able to see or hear us as they were moving about as if they were thinking and communicating together silently. Anyway my mom turned on the light to look for something and they were gone, I didn't tell anyone about that experience till years later when I remembered it. I told my sister and she said that she used to see them too, but that she'd seen some other things in that house which scared her, I felt no fear whatsoever about those shadows/pitchblack-men.
Another time was when we'd moved to another house and the previous owners had left their ouija board in what was to be my parent's room, one day I was alone and I felt like someone was in the house with me, I don't know why but I was scared and couldn't wait for my mom to come home and I don't know why I didn't just wait outside but I went into my parent's room and lay in their bed with the covers up to my neck, then the door curtain to the bedroom started moving as if being blown by wind, it looked at it and kept shutting my eyes to make sure that I was seeing what I was seeing and I even pinched myself to make sure I was awake. I lay paralized in fear till my mom came home, the "breeze" which I didn't feel lasted about a minute.
Another time is when my family was staying at my grandma's house when I was about 8, my "aunt" who is a bit younger than me was there with me under my sister's tall bed I don't know why I chose to go under there when I got mad because I couldn't play out but she came and sat by me so we could sulk together when all of a sudden it seemed to go quiet and we felt a presence we both looked to our right and there was my other "aunt", my aunt's older sister..she didn't make a noise but we both could tell it wasn't really her as she came out of nowhere because we were both right by the door also. We looked at eachother symotaneously and screamed, then we got out as fast as we could, my aunt actually pushed me aside so she could get out first forcing me to spend an extra second in that room while the real person was out in the living room with the rest of the family, she really wondered why it took on her form.
Another time my sister told me that she saw me in the mirror wearing all red next to the door, she admitted that she was snooping in my stuff while I was using the bathroom and she heard me coming up the steps and tried to make herself look like she was fixing herself at the mirror the whole time, but when she saw me in the mirror she looked back and I wasn't there, nor was I wearing ANY red that day.
There have been two instances where my hackey sack fell from the ceiling with no way of it possibly being suspended there by any strings or anyting. Several times my family and I have heard someone walking in a certain part of the room when no one else is up. Several instances where we heard cups move. Once I heard a multitude of voices coming from my grandma when she slept over, I got up early and needed to use the bathroom.. I thought I was hearing things but went towards the source and it was my grandma, I told my family after she left and my brother said he heard them too..I was kind of upset that he wasn't going to bother to tell us till then because I almost thought it was just my imagination.
Another time I woke to someone/thing trying to pull off my blanket at night whilst at a boarding school, I thought it was my roomate at first but she was sleeping on her bed without a blanket. I prayed, it let go, & I was able to get back to sleep w/out fear.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WondersBeyondOurGalaxy

Wow, those are some pretty good stories there too!!

See, I don't have anything as good as those yet, but I'm hoping to get some soon!

Thank you so much to everyone contributing, I appreciate it loads!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi Ayana.

Ive only just ordered the books on quantum mechanis etc. myself. The only reason that im bothering at all is because of Strange and Anti strange quarks.

Long story short they appear and dissapear at random. Theres no Formula that can either describe or predict when this will occur and no one knows where they go to.

Our bodys contain a significant ammount of these quarks which means that at any one time. Part of us is disappearing and re appearing at random. So where is this part of us going? Another dimension or something. Very interesting dont you think.

And theres a lot of energy's within attoms and produced by are bodys that could explain what spirits could be made of and how they could travel. You definately should take a look. I'll let you know once ive done some studys if i come accross anything of interest. It might just be a case of us trying to measure the wrong thing. Cant wait lol

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow, yeah.
I suppose thats related to the theory I was talking about somewhere that we're always alive in some parallel universe no matter what happens and this is because we can't imagine what the universe will be like without us, or something. I'm no expert, just someone I know was talking about it...

Yeah, I suppose people get that feeling that 'something' is different, maybe that something is because we've had a dimension slip and not realised. *shrugs* Who knows. I'm no expert, but it is very interesting.

LOL! The dog just walked into the room, I turned too quickly and cudda sworn I saw an arm reach over to where the bottle is. That happens to me all the time, always scares me half to death, and always ends up being my hair, my nose or a reflection in my glasses or something equally as stupid!

Yeah, and we know nothing about any of this really, they could be easily visible if you measure something that no ones thought of yet.
Say if every time something traumatic happens, it leaves behind this massive energy and this sticks somewhere. This means there could be hundreds of 'ghosts' around us, some not necessarily from death - just a moment, that is left.
Now if you die, then your imprint can also be left behind, and if these imprints/echoes are particularly strong, they get stuck they can still think and communicate... Or just relive a moment.
I dunno where I'm going with this, but if you think about everything you've had a weird feeling, or deja-vu or something. That could be some type of echo or ghost that's just left hanging there from some moment. Coz I don't think everything you feel like that it's from a 'ghost'. Or else we'd all be haunted 24/7!

It's weird to think of that kinda stuff, really.

But yeah, let me know if theres anything of interest and I'll definetely pick some books up in the summer and start reading up on it!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Very interesting, I think i know what you mean here.

Right! Lets say you click your fingers. By doing this the sound you've created now exists. Energy cant be destroyed (scientific fact) So that click then travels forever through time.

Now replace the click with a person and the same principles apply. Thats what got me interested in the possibility of spirits travelling as sound in the first place.

So some spirits you encounter are merely echos in time ie. The ones that repeat themselves. And some are the actual energy of the person who died complete with conciouseness memorys all that.

I dont think were to far from similar theorys but are just approaching them from different angles.

I see periphery monsters all the time, and freak myself out.
Just go's to show how easily we can be fooled lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah, I think we're on the same wavlength (no pun intended there) and I can see what you mean by that too. Just travelling on forever.
I'm pretty sure some people would like that theory, as to people without full understanding that could sound like we never truely die...
[Give me a sec to get Doctor Who out my head...
]

But yes, that would explain how there can be 2 types of 'ghost' and why people can see things in a haunted place, but get no response.
Yeah, I can get my head round that!

Lol! Oh god, it happens to me all the time, I always jump, I always sit looking, and then always end up laughing at myself.
Easily fooled, easily scared.
But at least it keeps the flight/fight in check

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
lol i know what you mean about the doctor who thing. I used to take the mick out of geeks when i was a little ragger muffin. Now i feel like im becoming one. Doctor who and the sky at night, have all become suddenly appealing to me these days. My friends call me sad now lol but they just get the finger.

If i was more interested back then maybe it would have lead me on some pretty cool journeys. Now i feel as though im playing catch up. Never mind its never to late to start eh!

Once, i was on my computer late at night. I could hear a sqeeking noise coming from behind me. But it stopped everytime i turned around.

My imagination had it down as everything from a mouse, to a demon playing tricks on me. After about ten minutes of horror and disbelief. It turned out to be my computer desk sqeeking when i typed.
Had me in stitches. I,d never noticed it before.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh man I love Doctor Who. Especially at the moment. David Tennantand John Simm are brilliant

Meh, I get called sad too, it's fine. I get the mick taken for ATS but it doesn't bother me. I like it afterall!
Never too late.

LOL!! I would've done that too!
I've been hearing weird beeps for a couple of days and can't work it out, but when I do I bet its something really mediocre compared to what my imagination is saying at the moment!
These things always seem to happen at night though, I remember getting freaked by a shadow outside a couple of weeks ago, coz I'd never noticed it before. Turns out it was just a bush. It really looked like some kind of alien/monster though!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I tried to watch DW last night but i got lost as to what was happening. Think you might have to watch it from begining to keep up. Ive got friends who are addicted though and know everything that happened from when it was originaly on. It must transcend social boundries because its the same ones that call me sad.

Red dwarf was the first sci fi programme i ever got in to. I still love that. my friends cant understand that its the fact it was made so cheaply that make it so cool and hillariouse. Lister and cryton are my favourite charchters. See my self as a bit of a Lister in some regards lol.

Starting to see that Doctor Who is'nt to dissimilar. Just wish id started watching it earlier thats all.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Ohhh, see I'm like that. I know everything that's happening and more. Pretty sad really

Last nights episode

Although my friends who don't like it call me sad, the ones who do aren't as much of a geek as I am
I took one to see Star Trek and she thought it was okay, but not great. Whereas a friend who doesn't like DW (who hasn't watched it tbh) did like it. It's weird.

And Red Dwarf is wonderful! I always try and catch the re-runs on Dave, it's just really funny!

Haha, we've gone complete circle here. But never mind, if I have nothing else to talk about, I tend to talk about Doctor Who!

[edit on 26/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You see im like that. I've tried to watch star treck and i cant get away with it. And, now dont think im any lees of a person here, Prepare yourself because this may be a little much to take in.

I dont like Star Wars.

There i said it. lol.

But everyone and i mean everyone whether they're geeks or not seems to love it. It never caught my imagination or something. My brother go's to meetings dressed as darth vader. He happily uses public transport while dreesed in a plastic black costume. Its like the film has put a spell on him or something and how he appears to people go's out the window.

Yet to him the thought of me using ATS makes me look crazy. Its really weird innit.

I'll give Doctor Who a chance the next time its on and see if i can get in to it. Seems like theres some interesting science hidden behind it all. Woops did i just say that! GEEK ALERT, GEEK ALERT. l

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I DON'T LIKE STAR WARS EITHER!!!!!
Lmao!! It never caught me by storm, no, it just... didn't get me.
Or the old Star Trek. I've only ever saw the new film and some episodes when I was a kid.

Doctor Who though is a proper love of mine.
There is some decent science in it. You can make sense of some of it, it isn't all made up stuff.
It's also very crazy.
New Years Day is the next episode. David Tennants regeneration.

I'm so gonna cry. LOL!

And don't worry, GEEK ALERT is basically my life

I'm always getting called a geek! Haha.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If my interests now make me a Geek then i must wear the badge with pride. Who cares anyway.

You could call anyone with a deep knowlege or interest in any subject a geek. So by this definition where all Geeky about something.

LONG LIVE THE GEEKS.

Whens the next Starwars convention im gettin me a lightsaber lol (no way)

I'll be sure to watch on newyears day. Hopefully i wont be to drunk to remember it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

If we must wear the badge, we may as well wear the badge with pride. i do agree. Long live the geeks!

yeah that's true. Just in some areas, having deep knowledge doesn't socially make you a geek. Not entirely fair for the sci-fi fans and sciencers!
Lmao!

I had a boyfriend once who had a lightsabre fight with my friends boyfriend in a shopping center car park. That was embarrassing.

Yeah, I'm not drinking til after it... Just to make sure. I'll probably not be able to watch it again for a while, afterall. It'll just make me sad lol.
Which makes me the other sense of the word sad.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry it took so long to reply we are having seriouse internet issues in this area.

As long as your happy bieng sad then who can argue. LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

No bother, mate. Sometimes I could chuck my internet out the window.
Actually, its usually not the internet, it's usually just this computer.
Its a right pain sometimes.

And yeah, I'm happy being sad

I would get back to the subject thats actually on the thread but I can't think of anything to add so *shrugs*

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi, got a couple of vids here. Probably nothing you have'nt seen before thought they might be interesting enough to discuss.

This first one has three unexplained ghost sightings. What do you think?

www.youtube.com...

This ones from blockbuster video shop C.C.T.V footage.

www.youtube.com...

This ones of a phantom cliff jumper. Pretty cool.

www.youtube.com...

Let me know what you's think.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Algebra]

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Algebra]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join