It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got any good stories to share with a semi-newbie ghosthunter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Boo!
(Sorry, thought that would be fitting in the context - shame there isn't a ghost emoticon, I'd have a field day with that!
)

Anyway... As I've said above, I'm part of a recently formed paranormal investigation group, taking chief investigation role (and the token open-minded skeptic lol). I'll not say the groups name incase it's advertising. And we're pretty boring at the moment. We don't have much!

So I was wondering if any of the ATS'ers here had any advice to share? Like I've said, I'm not totally new to this, and have done some work in the past... But this is the first time in a proper 'group'.

That and any good experiences you've had? Whether scary or not, I'd love to know what's been happening to you guys!

So I'll start... Me (and another member of our group) reckon that our best was either something which sounded like a response to a 'copy me' hum type situation, footsteps which came around a corner towards us, then suddenly stopped with no source, or a footstep on a step which we could pinpoint as we went into a room.
Sods law that I didn't get any of these on camera, but I do have some... interesting phenomina so far. Not 100% convinced though, but I'd love to be convinced some day!

Thanks in advance, feel free to U2U me if you don't want to publically post on this thread.
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all!

A.

(Edited because of typos... again *sighs*)

[edit on 22/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I have some advice regarding 'ghost hunting' which I want to share with you please take a look at the video below. In order to hunt 'ghosts' you must understand 'ghosts' and to do that you must clear your mind and forget everything you have ever been taught and then look within.

You will then find all sorts of 'ghosts'

[edit on 22-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Most of the "ghosts" you're going to find, will be tortured consciousness patterns, stuck in a time period and a physical location, related to a traumatic event.

In scouting out a location, you're going to want to find a building / area that has a long history. The older the physical location, the more the chance of an entity becoming attached to it. Graveyard's are always great places to start, but some see this as disrespectful. It is likely that the energy patterns of the deceased have moved on, but there will always be residual energy readings in locations like this. These can be found with thermal equipment, as well as electromagnetic field detectors. Those are usually the best tools. A digital camera, obviously, can catch orbs. These are sometimes hard to distinguish from other particles, but an orb has a defined edge. You'll notice the difference after some practice. Also always have a recorder, to capture EVP's. These are really neat and can provide a lot of insight as to who or what you're dealing with.

While "ghosthunting" is hardly dangerous, be advised that you probably will attract the attention of some unruly spirits. Spirits tied to the physical world, usually reside in their own version of "hell;" replaying events that lead to their demise, the demise of a loved one, or something else. These entities have low vibrational frequencies. This doesn't make them evil, it just makes them ignorant, and seem evil. Never be scared, cause they cannot hurt you. That being said, they can attach themselves to you if you're not careful. This is rare, but it has happened before. After they do this, you will find negative thinking patterns, and desires for things you usually don't desire. You can usually chase them off in dreams, or in the astral (if you know how to project). Your subconscious mind will probably do it by default.

Some spirits just want to be left alone, with their materialistic needs, and will try to fend you off. When they attempt this, you will definitely feel a "charge" in the air, and you'll be put on edge. Trust your intuition. Unless it is your intention to help said spirit move on to the next plane, which I would not suggest until you have an advanced understanding of the field, then be sure to leave them alone.

Always prepare with a positive state of mind. Communicating with your spirit guide/higher self/guardian angel/source/God/whatever you want to call it, is always a good start. Be sure to pray to the "greater good" leaving it impossible for negative entities to enter your thoughts. Drinking green tea, or meditating before going out also helps. Expressing love, and no fear is all you need to do to keep yourself in a sound state of mind. Preparing before doing something like this is vital to keeping yourself protected. As you start this journey, keep in mind that it is highly unlikely you will find any physical trace evidence. Save for some EVP's, do not be discouraged if you do not receive much information at all. You will, however, feel the presence of a spirit, just as you feel the presence of a person when you enter the room. It's just an energy pattern that we pick up on.

"Ghosthunting" can be a lot of fun, but if you don't take the necessary measures to insure the safety of yourself and your party, it can also be dangerous. You wouldn't want to run into any demons, or extremely low vibrational entities. The shows like Ghosthunters, and some of the other ones are junk. All for entertainment. Paranormal State isn't that bad; as they actually bring in people who have an understanding of the field, and how the universe works, etc. I'd suggest doing some research on how quantum physics ties in with spirituality, and some other works, just for your own good. Knowledge is power.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow thanks guys.

franspeakfree: I'll check out that video, thank you!

DocEmrick: Yus, I have an EMF, a temp/humidity recorder and both digital and video cameras to record things going on.
I've researched a bit into Quantum physics, and hope to do a bit more in my free time.
And thanks about the 'don't be scared comment' too! Thats the one thing that generally gets people =P But I'm sure I'll be fine.
I've also got locations and I'm a bit of a worrier, so I think safety will be okay left with me.
I don't watch many paranormal shows, excluding Most Haunted, but I do take that with a pinch of salt. Poor guys, they can't help being hysterically funny when they scream

That is great advice though guys, thanks! I will take it on board.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Please, know how to protect yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is a story I posted this morning that could be of interest to you. It's a good lesson on insuring that nothing follows you home.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Those who are "followed" (or attached to) by spirits, are usually weak minded individuals. They are materialistic and not open to the processes of the universe. So long as you always love, and are not afraid; an ignorant spirit will not follow you home. Those who go into the paranormal field for the wrong reasons, death of a loved one, over-emotional, etc; are extremely susceptible to these spirits with sour intentions. One of the best weapons you can arm yourself with when "ghosthunting," is humor. This terrifies low-vibrational entities, and is a tool used by our spirit guides/higher selves to communicate with us. (if you ever have communicated with a spirit guide/higher self/guardian angel, you know what I'm talking about.)

Ayana, I'd be interested to hear some of your experiences, and would like to help collaborate with you and your group, if possible at all. Feel free to U2U me.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
sickofitall2012: Yeah, my mam works with a 'medium' who has already gave her the low-down on protection which earned me a massive lecture!
I'll hopefully be fine though, I've done what he's said, and will read your account to make sure! Thanks!

DocEmrick: If that's the case I should be okay! Humour is great! I can do humour! And materialism isn't for me like...
I haven't experienced a death of a loved one, and I'm not particularly over-emotional.

I shall U2U you if I get anything of substance, although we don't yet... Well nothing great anyway, we are going on an investigation on... the 2nd of January, so if I get anything good I will keep you updated!

Thanks again everyone!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Heres a thought, a little experiment if you will humour me. Ive recently been looking in to quantum communication. Thats the field that this little test derives from.

o.k try to imagine that spirits are noise that you can see from time to time.
i could go in to how noise can be seen but it would bore you.

When your on location instead of calling out in order to provoke a reaction actualy try to communicate through the power of will.

Close your eyes and with your mind will a spirit to appear then imagine the message bieng sent from your body on the electro magnetic pulses from your heart.

Immediately after you do this take a picture with a digital camera. Do this a number of times each time taking a picture.

I saw i video where the photographer was able to take a picture even when the lense cap was on through will alone. A lot of ghostly apparitions showed up on these pictures in the form of energy. He had about a 22% success rate. So be sure to try it a few times.

The theory is that the subtle energys involved are at such a high frequency they can pass through solid objects. Like a ghost walking through a wall if you like.

If you do please post your results im very interested to here what happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Okay, that actually sounds really interesting!
I'll make sure to try that, possibly on the 2nd of Jan and let you know what happens!
We're there all night so it'll give us a bit more to do

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by Algebra

Okay, that actually sounds really interesting!
I'll make sure to try that, possibly on the 2nd of Jan and let you know what happens!
We're there all night so it'll give us a bit more to do

Cool i look forward to it
Heres the link to the series i watched where this took place.

www.youtube.com...

Its about half way through. The rest of the series is on youtube.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Algebra]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I hope we get something now! I have the added pressure of ATS as well as youtube, friends and our feeble attempt at a website LMAO!

Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine.

I hope Algebra's experiment comes to something
It'd be great.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The story of the axe murder in the lighthouse was a good one off of creepy canada.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I shall check that out, thanks.

Anyone had any person experiences to add in here?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ive had a number of experiences when i was younger but non since. Heres a couple from my youth.

I was looking after my sister who was asleep upstairs for a few hours while my mom was at a friends party. I was bored so i decided to play on my computer. Which was in the dinning room attached to the living room.

My mam would keep all my games on top of a wall unit in the dinning room out the way so i reached up to get one.

At that point the pull down door of the unit came down with a force that split the bridge of my nose. Needless to say i fled upstairs to my sistrs room and remained there untill my mom came home.

The reason i know this was a ghost is because the hinges on the door of the unit are pneumatic. So if the door fell accidently it would,nt snap the hinges. So how was it able to come down so quick and with such a force that it split my nose open. Despite the fact that the hinges resist that type of sudden downward movement. And the they were perfectly fine after that.

Thats when i knew for sure we werent alone in that house and that i seemed to be the target of the spirits attention.

Another time. This is less spetacular but strange never the less. I could here a ping ping ping noise coming from the kitchen. when i went to take a look. The light bulb was rolloing around in a circle on the floor. As if it had just dropped. The floor in the kitchen is solid stone so if it dropped due to a dodgy fitting. It should have smashed. Right? That pinging noise must have been the glass contacting the floor as if it was bouncing or bieng tapped. So explain that one.

A lot of strange things happened to me in that house and i was glad to leave it. Despite having many happy memories there too. Ive never had any experiences since. Now i actualy want something to happen hows that for Irony lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Wow those are pretty amazing stories.
I agree with why you'd think it was spirits too! The door thing must've given you a fright like! Must've really hurt as well.
Plus the lightbulb is weird, you would think it would smash.
Well, actually, surely it would smash, not just roll about a bit.

I know the feeling of wanting stuff to happen, I don't particularly want things to happen in my house - everyone else would kill me
, but I'm desperate to get some good activity on location.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I meant to ask Ayana. Whats the name of your website. I'll take a look from time to time see whats happening.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
A few years back, while visiting relatives in England, my sister and my nieces where telling me about some spooky experiences they had when visiting Berry Pomeroy Castle in Devon. It left them all a bit traumatized but they where also excited by the experience.

That particular story is quite long and it was not my experience so I will leave that for now.

Anyway I convinced my sister and nieces to return to the castle during the day and egged them on assuring them that it wouldn't be too scary. We headed of to the castle and arrived at a car park that is some distance from the castle down a long country lane.

I think there is a way to get down to the castle by car but the castle was closed, as it was late January so cars weren't allowed past the top car park area.

There where no other vehicles in the car park so we all felt a little uneasy when we headed to the castle. It was very quiet yet sunny day but there was certainly tension in the air.

When we arrived at the castle after about a 15 min walk, we where all relieved to see that there where dozens of people around sightseeing and picnicking. Kids on bikes and hikers galore. My sister was feeling much easier knowing that all this merriment was going on, and everyone seemed to be having a nice time.

We looked all around the castle. We couldn't go in because it was off season so we took pictures of everything, even kids running around in the background and old couples out strolling. We joked about ghosts and particularly stories relating to Berry Pomeroy Castle where people are lured into dangerous places by seeing things that are not there, and people having fallen, thinking there was a path.

We never felt completely at ease the whole time we where there, but our visit was uneventful and we didn't see any apparitions, hear voices (unlike her last visit) or anything particularly strange.

We arrived home and decided to look through the picture we took (about 40 in all) by connecting the camera to the TV.

To our horror, as we went from picture to picture we couldn't find another soul on any of the pictures we took, even though we believed the place was milling with people. Looking through the pictures, apparently our little group where the only people there. I still get chills thinking about it.

It never occurred to us at the time where all these people had come from. There where no cars in the car park and the only way to the castle was a walk down a quiet country lane.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
A few years back, while visiting relatives in England, my sister and my nieces where telling me about some spooky experiences they had when visiting Berry Pomeroy Castle in Devon. It left them all a bit traumatized but they where also excited by the experience.

That particular story is quite long and it was not my experience so I will leave that for now.

Anyway I convinced my sister and nieces to return to the castle during the day and egged them on assuring them that it wouldn't be too scary. We headed of to the castle and arrived at a car park that is some distance from the castle down a long country lane.

I think there is a way to get down to the castle by car but the castle was closed, as it was late January so cars weren't allowed past the top car park area.

There where no other vehicles in the car park so we all felt a little uneasy when we headed to the castle. It was very quiet yet sunny day but there was certainly tension in the air.

When we arrived at the castle after about a 15 min walk, we where all relieved to see that there where dozens of people around sightseeing and picnicking. Kids on bikes and hikers galore. My sister was feeling much easier knowing that all this merriment was going on, and everyone seemed to be having a nice time.

We looked all around the castle. We couldn't go in because it was off season so we took pictures of everything, even kids running around in the background and old couples out strolling. We joked about ghosts and particularly stories relating to Berry Pomeroy Castle where people are lured into dangerous places by seeing things that are not there, and people having fallen, thinking there was a path.

We never felt completely at ease the whole time we where there, but our visit was uneventful and we didn't see any apparitions, hear voices (unlike her last visit) or anything particularly strange.

We arrived home and decided to look through the picture we took (about 40 in all) by connecting the camera to the TV.

To our horror, as we went from picture to picture we couldn't find another soul on any of the pictures we took, even though we believed the place was milling with people. Looking through the pictures, apparently our little group where the only people there. I still get chills thinking about it.

It never occurred to us at the time where all these people had come from. There where no cars in the car park and the only way to the castle was a walk down a quiet country lane.

Wow really interesting. Thats why i love the U.K. Theres many castles and all of them have seen there fair share of blood shed over the years. I live in the north east and the nearest castle to me is "Alnwick Castle". Its near to the border with scotland so many captured scots were imprisoned and tortured there. I ve visited through the day and that was eery enough especialy the torture chamber. The thought of going there in pitch darkness send a shiver down my spine. The torture chamber is said to be haunted by the original torturer. If thats the right title.

He was apparently injured during a battle with the Scots which meant he dragged on leg around when he walked. Needless to say he took great delight in torturing any Scots unfortunate enough to be imprisoned there. Its said that at night you can still here him dragging his leg around in there and the sounds of chains and screams etc. Fascinating stuff.

This tale was brought to you by the Alnwick Castle Tourist board.

LOL only joking

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
kennyb72: Wow, that is an amazing story. I'll definetely put Berry Pomeroy down as a place for us to visit!

Alegebra: I'm NE too!

Theres loads of old castles and places round here to check out... The Keep in Newcastle itself and Chillingham Castle are the big guys, the rest are pubs and old houses and stuff. I have a book by Tony Liddell and it is amazing how many places have stories.
I'd read about that Alnwick story somewhere actually but might be getting it mixed up with another one, coz I didn't realise that was Alnwick lol! I've read quite a few and they sometimes merge together in my head...
I know theres somewhere where the torture guy was having sex with his girlfriend on one of the racks and ended up killing her, and getting put to death himself

I don't remember it enough to give it justice I'm afraid, but I'll look it up!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
kennyb72: Wow, that is an amazing story. I'll definetely put Berry Pomeroy down as a place for us to visit!

Alegebra: I'm NE too!

Theres loads of old castles and places round here to check out... The Keep in Newcastle itself and Chillingham Castle are the big guys, the rest are pubs and old houses and stuff. I have a book by Tony Liddell and it is amazing how many places have stories.
I'd read about that Alnwick story somewhere actually but might be getting it mixed up with another one, coz I didn't realise that was Alnwick lol! I've read quite a few and they sometimes merge together in my head...
I know theres somewhere where the torture guy was having sex with his girlfriend on one of the racks and ended up killing her, and getting put to death himself

I don't remember it enough to give it justice I'm afraid, but I'll look it up!

lol i think it might have been chillingham castle i was refering to actualy. Ive been to both and i think it was. I havent realy looked in to haunted locations around newcastle, gateshead etc. but i might have to now it could be interesting. You should give me the url of website if its up and running so i can have a look at what ur up to now and then.

Cant wait to see f that little experiment works aswell. Ive thought about trying it but i dont frequent any haunted locations. That i know of!
Hope all go's well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join