It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got any good stories to share with a semi-newbie ghosthunter?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

You sound like my kind of invetigator. I too believe that spirits rect more to our energys and emotions. Yes they may knock for you or close a door, but i think communication and understanding comes from our own spirit.

Dont worry im well aware of how powerfull these energy can be. I would'nt be inviting it to take over me for example. But i know that house i used to live in is definately haunted so it would be a great start point on the road to understanding.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Lol im a long way off buying it trust me but your right it would be cool.

Just me in pitch darkness walking around with my speaker attached to my i-pod.

No way! lol since talking about it i now remember how creepy it was. Could be a case for Mystery Inc.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Haha, you never know =P You might get lucky!

Does sound creepy though.

Definetely a job for Mystery Inc! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yo thelma!

Have you seen this vid yet. If its fake its certainly well done. Kind of like a movie lol. Scary though.

www.youtube.com...

Let me know what you think.

Edit to add

Just found this one too. Pretty cool!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Algebra]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Okay first video:
I'm inclined to say fake, but I'm not 100% sure. Just because it looks a little too 'the ring' like for me. And his reactions are a little over-dramatic. The whole "the sheet just moved *shakes*" thing reminds me a bit of a lad I used to know who'd pretend to shake and faint all the time

And the music... If I had a proper video I would just leave it, not add the horror film music in!
But on the other hand, if I was gonna make something like that, I'd put the kid a bit more visible. I didn't notice her there til I searched back! And she appears to have no feet

If it is a fake, which I'd guess at coz of the film style, it's very well made so credit where credits due.
Apart from his acting skills, of course.

Oh and the guys a camera technique DVD seller. So yeah, I'd guess its not real. It's just him showing off and riding off the back of Paranormal Activity, like so many others (even though it wasn't even a scary film!)

Number 2: okay this is pretty cool. I like

But I'm still inclined to say fake as it's pretty easy to do that sort of thing. I'd love it if it wasn't though.
The way it moves seems off to me, I'm not sure why. It just doesn't seem too real.
The guy seems more legit though.

I need to stop taking Ciaran's tips and start believing in people

They are 2 really cool videos though, regardless!

Now... Check out these...

Example of the second guys fakery?
Missing frames etc...
www.youtube.com...

And a nice one:
www.youtube.com...

Oh, and not forgetting this, which is possibly the best one I've ever seen...
www.youtube.com...

And while we're there, compelling Most Haunted footage...
www.youtube.com...

Hope that makes you laugh

[edit on 12/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

lol, ok i get the point.

Nearly all video evidence is fake. I have to hand it to you. When you put it that way they all seem really crap. I guess the only person you can trust at the end of the day is yourself and your own judgement.

THANKS FOR DESTROYING MY FAITH IN PEOPLE!

LMAO.

Yeah you cant trust anything you see on youtube. Ive got these vids for you if you want a laugh.

The award for the best Ghost reconstuction goes to

*Drum roll*

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Take note of the execllent method acting with the security guards and the police at the end lol.

Hey! this could even be a possible site of interest for your next investigation.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes, it is.

And you can only trust yourself, but even then you can't be 100% sure.

Thats why we need to invent a ghost machine! Lmao!

No problem
Destroying faith isn't too difficult

But yeah, those videos are quite good. I lol'd at the 'security guards'. What great guys!

I should start a best and worst videos thread shouldn't I?
I might...
I have

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Cool i look forward to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i've only just joined this site so you've probably already checked it up but it was torturer john sage's girlfriend who was killed on the rack and when he was caught he was hung in the courtyard people cut off his toes,fingers and other "bits" as souveineers,i've been to chillingham a few times but hav'nt seen owt though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

if u were in my house for the past few weeks you'd know, im sure theres a demon following me or my brother

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I started ghost hunting about a year ago. The first investigation I went on was a girl's home that she had some behavioral problems. She is a cutter but never feels like cutting outside of 2 rooms in her home. Almost immediately we started getting intelligent responses. They were mean. They growled. They caused pain in the girls chest. They caused one woman to start with what seemed like a mild asthma attack. The gauges were going with responses. Answering yes with making the EMF light go all the way to the top. It would hold there until I would ask it to please make the lights go off. I did this test several times. I asked why it was there and it said "to cut!" After a couple hours we decided to go. I did something so stupid. I told it that we were taking her away and she was never going to come back. As I was walking down the hall way steering her toward the door; it grabbed my hair and pulled. It felt like a tingling feeling while it was pulling. I got her out then I came back in to get the last member of my team out and my arm felt hot. We got home and listened to the evidence. When I was telling my fellow member that it felt like someone had pulled my hair something else said "her haaiiirrrr" just after me. It also said "hot." My arm felt hot for a week and was red. The muscle felt as if someone had punched me. I felt very negative for three days. I felt as if I didn't care and I had to try really hard not to snap at people.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join