It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and religion have no connection, none!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Ufo's are only based in this dimension, other dimensions remain clueless. As your youtube mentions it. But I still don't understand where you're coming from?

You can't speak about other dimensions as if you knew they existed. I'm not talking about the other dimensions where radio waves, x-rays, etc., are found. But you're saying that you know that UFOs are from another dimension. Evidence please.

In any case what happens to the world of religion and ufo's come together?

That's a question no one has the answer to so I'll pass on it. But my opinion is that unless the "aliens" want believers to stay in their mentally-conditioned state, for one reason or another, if they turn out to not give a damn about what you and the others believe in, that you are going to be in for a hell of a shock because since there are no gods, they're just going to laugh at you or maybe, fingers crossed, annihilate the weaker humans. Unless, again, they want slaves and since religious believers are already conditioned to be slaves their job will be easier.

If by chance aliens did cause the God of the bible I would believe that there would be scrolls and text of "alien abductions" such we have today. Or you can just say the aliens disguised themselves to look like a human God and mind washed ezekiel.

I don't accept any chance of aliens, IF they really exist, had anything to do with human creations. Humans creaed all gods. You don't know if Exekiel really existed and what, if anything, he experienced.

I have to agree that alien did come down to earth and taught mankind. But I believe that fallen angels did this as well.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Jordan River]

Agree with who? What authority can you quote and how do you know they're not pulling your leg? Fallen angels? Good god (!:lol
give me a break!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by platoslab

Are you an alien in disguise, letting on with your "secrets"? To the untrained, it sounds good but you added mythological portions. Shades of slag!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by hermantinkly

I may not have said it previously but ignorance must be bliss, right hermanstinky?

"Hermanstinky?" Was that your best attempt at a rebuttal to my last post to you? That was completely unnecessary. It really shows the caliber of your mind, mate. Not to mention, you have the comedic value of lung cancer. You might want to stick to anonymous internet ranting.

You can't provide a real, reasonable response because you know you can't. The one thing you have going for you is a fevered ego that wants to protect you from anymore humiliation, and so you resort to empty personal attacks instead.

People like you claim you need evidence to believe in aliens/visitation, but you don't need it to believe anything that authority figures put out as fact. Go and show me proof that the leaders of this world are really human (hypothetically). Go ahead! You can't! Have you personally met them? Have you personally looked at their DNA under an electron microscope? Were you personally standing in the surgery rooms watching them get delivered first-handedly? No! You have not a shred of compelling evidence to prove to me absolutely anything that an authority figure tells you is truth (authority figures being governments, mainstream scientists, historians & archeologists, teachers, etc). You're calling me ignorant, meanwhile you're faithfully lending over your decision-making process to authority figures instead of being your own? Really? This is selective reasoning at it's finest, and it's the one fallacy that every atheist and hardcore religious fanatic falls for. And what's even more sad is that you're so brainwashed you can't even see the nose on your face.

Again, this quote could not be more fitting: "the trouble with the world is that stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

[edit on 15-12-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Of course, the more outrageous you get, the more you will be challenged possibly even by me because, as you may know, hearsay carries no weight.

Which is another reason I dont go into it. Heck, For all anyone knows I could make it all up. I could tell you I was transported to Mars, taken below the surface and be 'instructed' in bringing mankind into a new golden age- and without one shred of anything, It's a wacky, weird story. As it was, all I have are my memories, which don't even approach that level of nuts, but it ain't too far off. So... my mouth stays shut. Another reason is I'll be asked questions from the UFO nuts who are in these sects who will probably drive me up the wall and call me an annuki, or a reptilian, or somesuch.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
ROFLMAO, another self-professed "intellectual" atheist.

Religion: religions are strictly mental processes.
Errr... what is NOT a mental proces? All intellectual activity finds its origin there.

As for religions causing wars, etc. Please don't go there and make me put up a list of atrocities by atheists.
Heck, I could also claim atheism leads to false scientific deductions and even substantiate this with historical arguments!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jclmavg]

Even though the thread is about the linking of UFOs and religions by religious believers, please be my guest and let's see your list of "atrocities by atheists" and don't use Russians in that context for that is only a label that has been hoisted on them by politics. Russians are probably some of the most religious people on earth.

Even if you have a list of atrocities by atheists, it could never equal the atrocities done in the name of god, jesus, mohammed, et al.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Any chance at getting my questions answered?

Reread my last post if you have forgotten them.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Any chance at getting my questions answered?

Reread my last post if you have forgotten them.

Thanks.

I thought I had been very clear on my answers but here we go again.

I'm not trying to explain ANYTHING from the Bible. I am merely telling you that there are unidentified flying objects in the Christian Bible. You are not disputing this fact.

First, there is no such thing as a "Christian Bible." There is the jewish bible. That's the only bible of record. The new testament stands on its own and is not considered a "bible." As a matter of fact, walk into any jewish temple and ask to see a copy of the bible. They'll hand you one and you won't find the new testament.

Second, there is no such thing as "Christian" as "christ" was a title, such as "king." It meant "the anointed one" which was applicable to all those anointed for one reason or another, not necessarily connected with religion.

Third, the new testament has no historical evidence to back up anything anyone wants to claim about its major characters. It all came later and is accepted to be the construction of humans who were not there when the described events happened. And, please, do not quote Josephus.

Let me ask you a few questions.

1. Are there flying objects in the Bible?

2. Did the authors of the Bible understand what those flying objects were?

1. Yes, there are flying objects in the jewish bible such as birds, and those individuals thrown up in the air or off a cliff! If by your "loaded" question you mean nuts-and-bolts craft seen by present-day humans, NO!

2. Yes, if they were seeing birds.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Oh, you aren't dealing in reality! My mistake. Carry on.

lol

No such thing as the Christian Bible.. wow..

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Are you an alien in disguise, letting on with your "secrets"? To the untrained, it sounds good but you added mythological portions. Shades of slag!

A few years of simple logic and research resulted in the conclusions you are so dismissive of. Sometimes secrets are hidden in plain sight and you just have to know how to look.

I could care less about mythology/religion since it is useless and has no practical value.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you say, but I have a completely different take, if you're willing to read.

First, religion is steeped in mythology - on that point, I agree wholeheartedly. Anyone who has taken a mythology class or dug deeply into the roots of where their own religion came from should have already been down that road of "lost faith" when the truth stares at them in the face. So this begs the question in my mind, why is it there and why does it seemingly keep repeating itself through various stories, dates, number patterns, death and resurrection, etc.? It's obviously very important.

Well, my theory is that these stories were formulated not for the common people, although it was made available to them for those who have the desire to uncover the secrets. I think these were the stories fabricated by the "prophets", "wise men", "scientists" of their day, "magicians", whatever you want to call them, to encode secret formulas and information for countless areas of educational disciplines, (music, astronomy, science, math, biology, and more). And I'm not talking about the "bible codes" either. The wording alone is rich in alchemical symbolism, as are the number sequences. The astrological symbolism is also rich within religious texts. But in order to consider the possibility, people must be willing to dump preconceived beliefs about their religions and limitations of their very existence.

Second....no thanks to religious clergy over the past 1,000 years or so, we now have "pictures" to tell us what angels and demons look like. We also have pictures in churches that are 100's of years old that depict UFO's. Clearly there IS a connection, but not in the way people believe based on their religious upbringing. If their entire understanding was shifted, then it would all make sense and fit....maybe even to atheists. Take into consideration the following, if you will:

1. God is energy, not a "person"....therefore, God is everything, as everything is energy. Omnipresent, omnipotent...the same words we were all taught that God is, now makes sense when we remove the human face from God. God is in us, as we are energy, so in essence, we are all a part of God. We cannot refute that this energetic particle exists in the universe....it is creative....it creates. Call it what you will. Religion calls it God, scientists call it the God particle. This is the great divide between religion and science, I believe.

2. All major religions have sought to teach that "as within, so without", "it is on earth, as it is in heaven", and so on. Scientists call this the Fibonacci sequence, where everything echoes in duplication from the smallest particle to the largest unit - the universe (one verse). The Bible contains an enormous amount of information at the cellular and even DNA level, (perhaps Jacob's Ladder?), encoded by stories about humans....it also contains stories of the zodiac, (Ezekiel's wheels, with the four faces being the sign of the cross in the zodiac), encoded by stories about humans. The Bible is, essentially, a book that mirrors life as we know it, if you know the symbolism to recognize it. But literal translation and lack of understanding has led to numerous problems...the branching off of religions into hundreds, even thousands of versions in an attempt to "fix" what people inherently feel is wrong or missing, yet still missing the mark....and, of course, the lack of religion.

3. If we were to take what we understand about molecules and apply it to our world, then I think the understanding of what angels and demons REALLY are, will come into view. A molecule has a definition based on the number of electrons, protons and neutrons attached to it. Now, echo that into a larger scale and imagine that we all are human versions of molecules, where our energetic activities (language use, thought patterns, physical actions), constantly throw off or add on positive, negative or neutral particles to our spiritual being. In the east, they call this karma. In the west, we call these good deeds or sins. Kabbalah calls them good and bad "angels" that stay attached to us until we exert an energetic force to counter it one way or the other (by atoning for sins, asking forgiveness, doing good deeds, etc.). Se basically, everything we do, say, or think, constantly changes our polarity. Hence, people being "negative", or trying to be "positive". There is a fundamental, subconscious understanding here that we all are overlooking, and our own language is laced with hints that elude to all sorts of illuminated understanding if you pause to consider the meaning of words and their etymology.

4. I will not dare try to explain UFO's, because my own understanding of what I've just laid out has taken me a lifetime, and I've still only skimmed the surface. However, we're all a part of God, regardless. The only way I can TRY to make sense of it, is to find a similarity at a lower level, but I have not been able to do this adequately enough to answer my own questions. They are foreign (so I assume) to our world, or perhaps to our dimension, (which opens up a whole plethora of possibilities for explanations - and deep confusion as well.)

The universe seeks balance at all times, and where there is good, there must be evil and there must also be a neutral. (Electron, proton, neutron.....malevolent, benevolent, neither, etc.) So, I believe it is safe to say that if there be aliens, then all three exist....good, bad and indifferent. But what are they, what do they represent in the human condition (within our own bodies, that is to say), and are they good or bad? Are they parasites? Are they viruses? Are they saviors? I do not know. But I believe that Jesus Christ represented an extremely significant "something" in the human condition, as does all the other mythological stories surrounding the death of this figure and his resurrection after 3 days. Are we responsible for our own salvation? I think it's possible, since everything we do individually to our own bodies, manifests in the physical world. (Ponder that one) But I will say this....life is far more complex, yet more simple than anyone can possibly comprehend. If life exists at every level up to us, and life echoes out, then it's impossible for life to NOT exist in other levels.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That's a question no one has the answer to so I'll pass on it. But my opinion is that unless the "aliens" want believers to stay in their mentally-conditioned state, for one reason or another, if they turn out to not give a damn about what you and the others believe in, that you are going to be in for a hell of a shock because since there are no gods, they're just going to laugh at you or maybe, fingers crossed, annihilate the weaker humans. Unless, again, they want slaves and since religious believers are already conditioned to be slaves their job will be easier.

I have to agree that alien did come down to earth and taught mankind. But I believe that fallen angels did this as well.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Jordan River]

Agree with who? What authority can you quote and how do you know they're not pulling your leg? Fallen angels? Good god (!:lol
give me a break!

I'm a little confused and I think you are too about what I said.
and I ment, believe that aliens came in. I'm a little tired right now. lol

Is there any proof that aliens do or don't acknowledge a God?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

lol

The bible is a compilation of many works. Someone had to organize, add and omit portions. This fact is part of the historical record. Ever wonder why it is so inconsistent? now you know.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

You quote Bertrand Russell, I quote Bertrand Russell, from wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...
Why I Am Not a Christian

Russell also expresses doubt over the historical existence of Jesus and questions the morality of religion: "I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. "[3] Russell concludes:

“ Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes....A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after the past or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men.[3]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by platoslab

A few years of simple logic and research resulted in the conclusions you are so dismissive of. Sometimes secrets are hidden in plain sight and you just have to know how to look.

I could care less about mythology/religion since it is useless and has no practical value.

You said:

Nothing in our current science text books can explain why UFOs have been observed to eject molten metal, have sulfurous smell, eject pressurized/ ionized gas, exhibit unlimited electrical potential and siphon water from natural resources.

I challenged your knowledge (enough to quote it) on how you know that it was molten metal, how you know it had "sulfurous smell," how know it ejected pressurized/ionized gas and the other things. You're just repeating something someone else wrote.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Yes, I was willing to read and I did. But you used up all 6500 alloted characters that I was not able to reply point by point as your reply needs to be.

However, be that as it may, your reply is heavily religious so I would just be beating my head against a wall as I've done with almost everyone who has joined the thread. Nothing I counter with will make a dent in your religious firewall so we'll just let it sit. However, everything you said is strictly religious belief and everything you said can be dismantled with common sense, logic and reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I'm a little confused and I think you are too about what I said.
and I ment, believe that aliens came in. I'm a little tired right now. lol

Is there any proof that aliens do or don't acknowledge a God?

Unh, unh. Only I know when I'm confused and I was not confused but perhaps my reply did go over your head the first time you read it. Try again after a good night's sleep.

Before you can ask if there is "...any proof that aliens do or don't acknowledge a God?" you have to ask is there any proof for the reality of aliens. You'll get at least 2 replies. "Yes" by those who accept without evidence, and "No" by those who do. I'm a "No" for there is no irrefutable evidence that they exist or have had interactions with humans. Since I have never seen an alien (the ET type!) I can't answer as if they did.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

lol

The bible is a compilation of many works. Someone had to organize, add and omit portions. This fact is part of the historical record. Ever wonder why it is so inconsistent? now you know.

I'm a firm believer in learning from experience so do yourself a favor, go to the nearest jewish temple and talk to them about a "christian" bible. Tell us how hard you landed on the sidewalk!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

lol

And? I don't care if it is fact or fiction. I don't care if God is real or a figment. The very real fact remains that Christians exist and so do their Bible. To state otherwise is to deny reality.

The thread starter is clearly not working within the confines of actuality and makes his own facts as he goes along.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

lol

I'm a firm believer in learning from experience so do yourself a favor, go to the nearest jewish temple and talk to them about a "christian" bible. Tell us how hard you landed on the sidewalk!

Uh.. I'm Jewish.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
if thats what you think, then i suggest wrong, why all the egyptian carvings of space gods aye!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join