It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

Fair enough.

Just for the record, I don't usually believe that there are any realy disinfo agents on here either, but it just seemed a little too convenient in this case!

And you're right: you are here reading the page, so obviously you don't find it boring. But I really question whether something like this can be so easily explained away. Yes, there is some evidence that there were to be launches in this time frame. But for there to be no more specific warning other than that right before the launch happens, seems a little strange to me. I don't know, maybe that's how it works with ICBMs. Russia just sort of gives a general warning and a vague time frame, and then they just start launching ballistic missles all willy-nilly. Seems a tad irresponsible... but then again, we ARE talking about the Russian "government" here.

And the fact that they're denying having made such a launch this morning. It could be attributed to the fact that they don't want to admit any kind of failure, but with this kind of attention, I would imagine SOMEONE would come clean about it. I'm not saying that this isn't something explicable and/or man-made, I just don't believe it's a rocket.

Edit: for spelling.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by dwiggen]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SciFiSi
reply to post by Hack28

I can diss-spell one line of thinking here and that is that this is a missile or a rocket. I work in the ballistics industry, make rockets and missiles, well i dont make them i sell them but that is not caused by any rocket or missile.
To me this looks like a quantum mechanical event, seriously, look at how uniformed the circling patterns are. Whatever it is its disrupting ALL the matter around it.

Well Hack, it would appear your imagination is inversly proportional to the ammout of knowledge you have about the rockets you sell!!!

If you were even slightly involved in the technical side of modern Turbine or Rocket engine work, you would surely understand that a malfunction in either the FCC, FCS (including wiring) or a failure in the gimble actuators or a mechanical failure which would cause the gimbled engine to lock in a position... COULD & probably WOULD cause a rocket to spiral continuously and uniformly until it ran out of fuel or destroyed it's self.

Personally, I'm gonna stake my reputation on it that this is a malfunctioning rocket, spinning into the sky ejecting exhaust gasses and fuel combined with a very still night which therefore did not distort the spiral shape.... The black hole observed would be caused by the rocked suddenly running out of fuel....
e.g. If you were to hold a hose pipe and spin round fast, from above it would look like a spiral of water.... then if you were to put your finger over the end and completely & suddenly stop the flow of water.... the last bit of water that left the hose just before you put your finger over the end would still have the same velocity as the rest of the water and would continue on it original path (Newtons law) If you were spinning fast enough to create a similar effect as the picture over Norway, when you put your finger over the hose, it would appear that a "hole" with no water would grow from the centre. (and for those of you shouting what reputation.... well I'm hoping to gain one from my hypothesis!)

[edit on 9-12-2009 by SciFiSi]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by SciFiSi]

Interesting point made by some one who's got some knowledge in the field...
Found it quite amusing that the original rocket expert mis-spelled dispelled; perhaps we have our suspect here....maybe he programmed the rocket trajectory.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is spectacular and I believe we can all agree on that.

I personally believe that this was caused by humans and electromagnetic radiation for what purpose I have no idea however, it might be worthwhile monitoring the locals behavioural thinking over the next 48 hours.

You never know it may be a repeat test of the Russian/Chinese mind altering experiments using electromagnetic pulses into the ionosphere. Time will tell.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Pics from November 2nd 2009

Mysterious lights were Russian rocket

MYSTICAL LYSFENOMEN: The mysterious light was seen in Hammerfest Sunday morning was a Russian long-range missile launched from a submarine in the Barents Sea.

Mysterious lights were Russian rocket

It was not a meteor, moon, clouds, or a UFO. The light of Hammerfest started in a nuclear submarine.

naacal.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the symetry is uncanny if it were an explosion it would have distortion no? Are any mainstream news agencys reporting this event? If the real event looked like the pic i think it would be on the cover of many international news pages. Just seems so cool almost to cool. Trickery?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

as for NATO - nothing on their site about it www.nato.int...

but I have submitted a query for a possible explanation....maybe you can do the same....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reply to triplescorpio

This is being covered here The Sun UK Newspaper they seem to cover quite alot of these type of things. No doubt tomorrow it will be in all the papers worldwide.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok, after reading this thread I just had to comment it.

I saw this spiral from my livingroom window.
The Spiral is genuine, not a result from over exposure. The center was spinning (clockwise I think) and the spiral"arms" just got bigger and bigger before the center went black and the blackness spread out just like when you adjust the beam from a maglite.
I cant recall if the blue vapor-trails were moving, I was kinda awestruck by the spiral.

After it died out, purplish "clouds" drifted along the horizon, and was visible for at least 15 minutes.

And as some has said, Andøya RR is in the opposite direction, so is Svalbard. CERN is at over 2000km away, so doubt that is behind this.

The spiral was visible from finmark to Trøndelag, thats a distance of avout 1000km.

The weather here in Tromsø was cold, clear sky and no wind.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

r u suggesting a possible russian HAARP?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
-puts on tinfoil hat-

Here are quotes from this page
LINK

Anna Rathsman by Swedish Space Coorparation in Kiruna denied that there can be a rocket from their center. VG Nett has also been in contact with Andøya Rocket Range who said that there have been no launches on Wednesday morning.

VG Nett has on Wednesday morning talked to meteorologists, astronomers, professionals in Sweden, the Armed Forces in Norway and the Russian embassy. . No one knows knows what light is due.

(AP) The Norwegian Space Center believes the mysterious giant spiral is a Russian rocket that is launched from a U-boat in the White Sea. The Russian Northern Fleet denies that such a thing should have happened.

So officially they are stumped
NOT A ROCKET

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

Thanks for posting.
I have witnessed several rocket launches and have never seen anything close to this. Until someone comes forward to confirm a launch in the area I will not believe that this was caused by a rocket or missle.

Watch the videos, if it was a rocket then why does it seem to completely disappear into a black hole after just one minute. You would think that there would be some persistant smoke or vapor trails after the event.
If watch the videos you will see nothing left at the end. Very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
Dont come back at me with "that is up" that is not an upward angle, given the distance and the tail you can see that would have to have been a tree burner of a missile and they dont fire missiles/rockets like that.

wow...brilliant. Maybe that is why they are calling it a "failed" rocket launch?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Just wanted to add,that if this is an apparent rocket spinning out of control,then why does the spiral effect look so controlled?

I mean,that spiral looks to be absolutely perfect!

Is there a method to perhaps measure the accuracy of the spiral?

Can't you see that those photos have been played with a bit?

How elese would you get a spectacular photo like that?

There is no camera in the World that would be able to take a photo like that with such spectacular precision on the colour & visuals of an object!!!

link   
reply to post by Moose318

What you posted says no such thing. What are you quoting?

I watched the video over and over, and if it was a rocket, why do I not see a rocket? ....anywhere. Why has no one posted other photos of a rocket launch that look the same as this?

link   
Dont know if this has been posted already as I havent had time to read through all posts but seems to explain a few things in these photos.

4. HAARP Circular Polarization

If HAARP only used the north-south beams then the electrons and protons in the ionosphere would race madly in the north-south direction. And likewise if the radio waves move in the east-west direction, so would the ions. What HAARP does is on each portion of the transmitter cycle it switches from the east-west to the north-south beams and back again.

If you could see the radio waves rising from the antenna they would appear to be spiraling or "cork-screwing" upward. This is called "circular polarization" of the radio signal. This is not uncommon, since all commercial FM stations use circular polarization to send horizontal signals to home roof antennas and vertical signals to automobile antennas.

The HAARP signal is corkscrewing upward at a rate of, TADA!, about 0.9 Hz. And why is that? By corkscrewing the signal, the ions in the upper atmosphere do not just race madly back and forth, instead they move in BIG circles. And you can get the most ions running around the "race course" just above HAARP if you make them have a "lap time" of about once per second.

By making the ions, both electrons and protons, move in big circles they each become little electromagnets with a north and south pole. At the latitude of HAARP in Gakona, Alaska the earth's magnetic field lines are nearly vertical. So if the HAARP circular polarization is either clockwise or counter-clockwise you can make the ions racing around at 0.9 Hz either be attracted to the earth's magnetic north pole or repelled. If the circling ions are attracted, then they would simply spiral downward toward the earth's north pole and run into the denser atmosphere and might produce a very weak aurora, hence the name High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.

Source: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No, it did actually look like that.

link   
Sorry for coming in on this late. Ive been ill and not caught up with the news the past 4 days.
The images with the spirals are long-exposure images, the photographer was more hoping to capture the launch in its entirety, but instead caught the first stage spiralling out of control (hence the spiral-like features) they show up on the photograph as the light filtering into the camera Lens takes longer than conventional camera's, so normal camera just looks like the Rocket went with a puff of smoke, while this camera gave its full-effect in a physical aspect.

As for them denying the launch happened, well with millions of pounds of software lying around, they wouldnt want foreign countries getting their hands on any secret hardware..so if they deny the failure even happened then the launch never existed. It could have been "any other" launch.

link   
I found this article in Russian, from yesterday (before the lightshow in Norway occured)

Nuclear filling Bulava waiting for his "mistress" (Google translated: Russian -> English)

...the Bulava could be accepted into service no earlier than 2010, provided at least two successful test launches from the board of its future media - missile submarine strategic Yuri Dolgoruky.

Here's another Russian article (from after the lightshow in Norway occured) :

The Norwegian UFO seen "Bulava" (Google translated: Russian -> English)

ccording to experts Infox.ru, Norwegians have seen Russia's missile "Bulava"

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousaboutsky
reply to post by patmac

ARE YOU suggesting a possible russian HAARP?

Corrected the leetspeak and translated the question to English.

Yes, I am suggesting a HAARP like machine. It's technically a bunch of radar stations in a grid formation with synchronized focal points. That's arguably a low tech science, as most of the technology needed is already in use by average citizens (TV/Radio stations). There is no doubt that the other big countries have this capability. After all, doesn't China tout their ability to control the weather all the time?

Yes, this could be a HAARP.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gromle

You didn't happen to hear any sonic booms by any chance have you?

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Barents Observer quoted Norwegian Defence spokesman Jon Espen Lien as saying that the Norwegian military does not know what the lights were - but that they were probably from a Russian missile.

He said it was normal for Russia to use the White Sea and the Barents Sea as a testing ground for missiles.

However a Moscow news outlet tonight quoted the Russian Navy as denying any rocket launches from the White Sea area.

Norway should be informed of such launches under international agreements, it was stressed.

The Russian Defence Ministry was unavailable for comment last night.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join