It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MorfeuZ

could be solid rocket fuel engine using copper oxide as a catalyst,leaves bluish trails

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
maybe the russian wormhole stuff

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

I can diss-spell one line of thinking here and that is that this is a missile or a rocket. I work in the ballistics industry, make rockets and missiles, well i dont make them i sell them but that is not caused by any rocket or missile.
To me this looks like a quantum mechanical event, seriously, look at how uniformed the circling patterns are. Whatever it is its disrupting ALL the matter around it.

Well Hack, it would appear your imagination is inversly proportional to the ammout of knowledge you have about the rockets you sell!!!

If you were even slightly involved in the technical side of modern Turbine or Rocket engine work, you would surely understand that a malfunction in either the FCC, FCS (including wiring) or a failure in the gimble actuators or a mechanical failure which would cause the gimbled engine to lock in a position... COULD & probably WOULD cause a rocket to spiral continuously and uniformly until it ran out of fuel or destroyed it's self.

Personally, I'm gonna stake my reputation on it that this is a malfunctioning rocket, spinning into the sky ejecting exhaust gasses and fuel combined with a very still night which therefore did not distort the spiral shape.... The black hole observed would be caused by the rocked suddenly running out of fuel....
e.g. If you were to hold a hose pipe and spin round fast, from above it would look like a spiral of water.... then if you were to put your finger over the end and completely & suddenly stop the flow of water.... the last bit of water that left the hose just before you put your finger over the end would still have the same velocity as the rest of the water and would continue on it original path (Newtons law) If you were spinning fast enough to create a similar effect as the picture over Norway, when you put your finger over the hose, it would appear that a "hole" with no water would grow from the centre. (and for those of you shouting what reputation.... well I'm hoping to gain one from my hypothesis!)

[edit on 9-12-2009 by SciFiSi]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by SciFiSi]

link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by GerhardSA

A Russian rocket.
The exhaust trail before the spiral is obvious.
[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

The Russian Northern Fleet is not aware of the launch of the rocket

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

Of course they arent;
Why choose to accept this piece of information from sources who have an interest in keeping what they're doing secret but overlook the rocket launch warning info???

link   
somebody opend an jumpgat!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MorfeuZ

Short answer; yes.

Longer answer:

The development of such artificial formations in the upper atmosphere is accompanied by rather unusual optical phenomena caused by the scattering of sunlight from the combustion products as well as their interaction with constituents of the upper atmosphere [1 - 5].

pgia.ru...

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to add,that if this is an apparent rocket spinning out of control,then why does the spiral effect look so controlled?

I mean,that spiral looks to be absolutely perfect!

Is there a method to perhaps measure the accuracy of the spiral?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
pindz.blogspot.com...

Good vid, shows some images.

Worth watching.

link   
Okay i found something for all of you who are interested
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS!!!!
This is for the mathematicaly inclined, and those who are open to ideas other than rocket. ill post some from the article ant than give the article.
Its very important~~~~~

Spira mirabilis

"The fundamental mathematical property of the equiangular (or logarithmic) spiral corresponds precisely to the biolagical principle that governs the growth of the mollusk's shell. This principle is the simplest possible: the size increases but the shape is unaltered. The molusk's shell grows longer and wider to accommodate the growing animal, but the shell remains always similar to itself. It grows at one nd only, each increment of lenght being balanced by a proportional increase of radious so that its form is unchanged. The shell grows by accretion of material; more accurately, it accumulates rather than grows.

The only mathematical curve to follow this pattern of growth is the logarithmic spiral. Because of this, Bernoulli described it as spira mirabilis. Of course, the pattern of development can be imitated by mathematical forms other than this spiral. A rectangle, a paralleogram, a cone, etc. can grow while remaining similar to itself in shape. This interested not only in Greeks of 500 B.C. but also the Egyptians a thousand years earlier.

Equiangular spiral (also known as logarithmic spiral, Bernoulli spiral, and logistique) describe a family of spirals. It is defined as a curve that cuts all radii vectors at a constant angle.
Explaination:

1. Let there be a spiral (that is, any curve where f is a monotonic inscreasing function)
2. From any point P on the spiral, draw a line toward the center of the spiral. (this line is called the radial vector)
3. If the angle formed by the radial vector and the tangent for any point P is constant, the curve is an equiangular spiral.

A special case of equiangular spiral is the circle, where the constant angle is 90 Degrees.

Equiangular spiral with 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees. (left to right, top to bottom) "

I cant tell if all the graphs showed up, please i think this is the Math behind this thing i want people to see it.

GO TO THIS SITE AND READ I BEG YOU, ITS LOGICAL.

jwilson.coe.uga.edu...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by ArMaP]

link   
Cruising google earth I settled upon this area of the world as most remote and likely to entertain spacecraft coming and going without being seen. This is where we can find "Nordics" a commonly reported et or superhuman. This is coincidentally where the world seed bank is located. It belongs to no country, people can go and live there free.
And for a tiny town Svalbard and Longyearburg has 10s of thousands going through their airport and a modern American University!

I really think something is going on UP THERE right now in that remote region of the planet.

SVALBARD IS THE LAST STOP BEFORE THE NORTH POLE. AMERICANS ARE THERE IN DROVES and they are not tourists! These are good videos to give you a feel for the place

5 min “Svalbard is life” www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... More Svalbard
www.youtube.com... Longyear(burg) The Cruise to town Great Video
Hammerfest Norway northrnmost town in world www.youtube.com...

If you wiki these locations you will discover some amazing facts you did not know...such as the amount of traffic through that airport!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

link   
Quite a spectacular image.. wow

Can google earth pick up one images like this....
I have the program but not sure what all it's functions can do..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is really strange what seem perfect spiral, and the stream of blue from the center.
The people that saw that first hand were probabily doing the freak, like end of world stuff, all it needed was alien space space ships flying from the center, but I'm sure they were in cloaked mode.

It will turn out it was just some kind of space fart thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i didn't read the entire thread yet, but i swear the first pic is the exact same thing i saw in woodburn, oregon about a year ago!

my wife shares the same account with me, and she was also there when it happened, this is incredible!!!

link   
I think IMHO that it is very amazing, and while it could be a rocket based on the evidence, there is also plenty of evidence of it not being from a Russian rocket. For instance, the Russians say they have not fired a rocket. Also, while one of the images was taken at long exposure, there are many other photos of this taken and I doubt that they are all at long exposures. They also still seem to show the unbelievable symmetry so I for one still believe it is more than a failed rocket launch!

link   
There are pictures so even if you dont want to read, i want the nay sayers opinions on this (non-sarcastically i want to know everyones opinions on this)
jwilson.coe.uga.edu...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The majority of this thread appears to be looking at the phenomena linearly. The object in question does not necessarily have to originate at the center of the swirl. Rather, I am entertaining the thought that the blue cone of light is the culprit.

If we follow this cone to the ground, we may see any number of science facilities. Something appears to be projecting heat/radiowaves (or some variation of energy) into the clouds from the ground. This is doing something to the cloud's water vapor in a pattern that resembles a radial gradient outward.

I am thinking along the lines that the circular region (that turns black by the end of the video), is the cookie-cutter result of the beam's effects. That black region is being pounded by energy. It's causing the atoms to magnetically repel from the center of the beam, causing the vapor to rotate around an axis. Once all of the particles have moved out of the way of the beam, we have a black hole where the energy can pass through without harm.

The beam also has a blue tone, which somewhat proves that this is a man made event, as it looks like the beam from a projector screen in a clouded room. Nature doen't do that

A sketchy event, but a man made event at that.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by patmac]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If and I mean If it was a Russian rocket, NATO would absolutely know. The rocket would have had various signatures that would of been detected and recorded.

Until NATO comes out with that I am on sitting on the fence.

Now if NATO doesn't have anything, then well....cue twilight zone theme.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

but in the pictures you can see a trail behind the mountain - it was launched....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Please provide a Russian source saying that no rocket was launched.

The only reference I can find is a statement that the Russian Embassy in Norway said they did not know anything about it. I don't find that particularly unusual.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Theres over 30 pictures at this link

www.folkebladet.no...

After looking at these 30+ pictures from all over the area and at different locations, there is no way, this was a failed missle launch.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join