It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Source:
Here's a picture of a THAAD Missle... Notice the bluish light?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Now that makes some sense.

Still doesn't explain the end result, though.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well, yes, but I also noticed the redish, youllowish and the rainbowish colors. Not to mention that this trail looks like vapor trail dissipating into a cloud(like a contrail).

Of course that under certain condition of light, atmosphere, altitude etc etc, it could be it but IMHO the picture you posted doesn't correlate.

edit to add a few words

[edit on 9/12/2009 by MorfeuZ]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well until some super DEBUNKER comes thru and can explain how a rocket does this for the first time ever, I am going to just chalk it up as FRING L.H.C. EFFECTS OR russia black project effects. Somebody knows what it is and I can tell by the quiet a$$ GLOBAL media. I guess TIGER'S SEX LIFE is more important, SMH THEN THIS oh well "WE" KNOW SO BE IT. LoL @ THE IRONY
the spiral galaxy makes spiral doors, interesting.

link   

If it was a missile, the Military would have known about it, the said they had no idee what it was...

The lieing ? and why ? Cant be denied, so some one gotta come with an explanation ..

link   
End result would be the missile out of control going in a circular pattern until it runs out of fuel or self destructs... as it does this, the hole will expand making a "Black Hole" image.

Does it sound plausible?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Anybody consider looking elsewhere than ATS for info?

Failed missile launch caused strange light over Northern Norway?
2009-12-09

A strange spiral light was visible in the eastern sky over large areas of Northern Norway this morning. Norwegian space and defense experts believe that this was a failed Russian missile launch from the White Sea.

The giant spiral shaped light that could be seen in the eastern sky for several minutes on Wednesday morning was probably caused by a failed missile launch from the White Sea, several Norwegian space and defense experts believe.

Researcher at the Tromsø Geophysical Observatory Truls Lynne Hansen is certain that the light was caused by a missile launch:

- The missile has probably come out of control and exploded. The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel, he said to Aftenposten.

Spokesman in the Norwegian Defense Jon Espen Lien says that the Norwegian Defense does not know for sure what the light was, but that it probably was a Russian missile:

- It is quite normal that Russia uses the White Sea and the Barents Sea as testing grounds for weapons.

According to NRK, Arkhangelsk Radio sent out an advance warning about several missile launches from the White Sea in the period December 7-10.The warning included launches on the night to Wednesday. An anonymous source in the Northern Fleet told Norwegian news paper VG that they had no information about the incident. Press Attaché at Russia’s Embassy in Oslo Vladimir Isupov did neither have any that could explain the light phenomenon over Northern Norway.

On the morning of November 1, another strange light phenomenon was visible in the sky from large areas of the northern parts of Norway. This incident also caused commotion and many creative explanations to the light were given on different discussion boards. The light was caused by a launch of a Sineva missile from the nuclear submarine “Bryansk” in White Sea, as reported by BarentsObserver.

www.barentsobserver.com...

ZCZC FA80
071400 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 95
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1. ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 10 DEC TO 0800 11 DEC
0900 TO 1700 11 DEC 2100 11 DEC TO 0600 12 DEC
1000 TO 1700 12 DEC 2200 12 DEC TO 1000 13 DEC
1100 TO 1700 13 DEC 0100 TO 1400 14 DEC
0100 TO 0700 AND 1600 TO 2200 15 DEC
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA 65-12.6N 036-37.0E
65-37.2N 036-26.0E 66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E
2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 152300 DEC=
NNNN

forum.flot.su...

12 related articles: news.google.com... ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQqgIwAA
See also:
www.aftenposten.no...

www.nrk.no...

www.vg.no...

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jdub297]

link   
Perhaps this is what our ancestors saw??

link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Well until some super DEBUNKER comes thru and can explain how a rocket does this for the first time ever, I am going to just chalk it up as FRING L.H.C. EFFECTS OR russia black project effects. Somebody knows what it is and I can tell by the quiet a$$ GLOBAL media. I guess TIGER'S SEX LIFE is more important, SMH THEN THIS oh well "WE" KNOW SO BE IT. LoL @ THE IRONY

Sort of early to say the global media is eerily quiet IMO

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
End result would be the missile out of control going in a circular pattern until it runs out of fuel or self destructs... as it does this, the hole will expand making a "Black Hole" image.

Does it sound plausible?

No it doesn't! I can understand the spiraling effect from the rocket venting fule or something, but the expanding "black hole" explanation you give does not make any sense. If it just simply ran out of fuel, the spirals would have just ceased to be, not expand into a black circle. And if the rocket self-destructed, we should see some semblance of a normal explosion. But there is nothing of the sort.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiteone

Well that kinda puts a new twist (excuse the pun) to this. Would love to know what it was. Okey, not sure if this had been brought up, but would the space station of seen this? wierd effect in the sky?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
HAARP can be used to knock planes out of the air according to some reports. Theoretically, it can also knock down missiles.

Perhaps this was a "test' firing that was thwarted by HAARP? What would be the projected response time from a 1.) missile launch, 2.) Security to be aware of the launch 3.) Activation of HAARP 4.) Targeting the flight path of the missle.. ect.

Doesn't seem like it could be done quickly enough.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiteone

great! star friend

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Your right, and well said thankyou!

Okay ive done my reading into it, theres alot. Essentially the appearance of this spiral got me thinking about how elctromagnetic fields can interact with objects creating spirals, spirals are also found throughout nature, in fact the relations of all the known elements to each other could almost exactly be expressed by the logarithmic spiral.
The spiral is what drew my attention as i know it is reverred by physicists, refferred to as the curves of life.
Curved space often refers to a spatial geometry which is not “flat” where a flat space is described by Euclidean Geometry. Curved spaces can generally be described by Riemannian Geometry though some simple cases can be described in other ways. Curved spaces play an essential role in General Relativity where gravity is often visualized as curved space. The Friedmann-Lemaître-Robertson-Walker metric is a curved metric which forms the current foundation for the description of the expansion of space and shape of the universe.

This curvature can be seen in many ways. Some logic suggests that logical 'spira mirabilis' are metaphysically and physically explainable.

A logarithmic spiral, equiangular spiral or growth spiral is a special kind of spiral curve which often appears in nature. The logarithmic spiral was first described by Descartes and later extensively investigated by Jakob Bernoulli, who called it Spira mirabilis, "the marvelous spiral".

Spira mirabilis is another name for the logarithmic spiral. Although this curve had already been named by other mathematicians, the specific name ("miraculous" or "marvelous" spiral) was given to this curve by Jakob Bernoulli, because he was fascinated by one of its unique mathematical properties
Logarithmic spirals are self-similar in that they are self-congruent under all similarity transformations (scaling them gives the same result as rotating them). They are also congruent to their own involutes, evolutes, and the pedal curves based on their centers.
The size of the spiral increases but its shape is unaltered with each successive curve. Possibly as a result of this unique property, the spira mirabilis has evolved in nature, appearing in certain growing forms such as nautilus shells and sunflower heads. Bernoulli eventually chose a figure of a logarithmic spiral and the motto Eadem mutata resurgo ("Changed and yet the same, I rise again") for his gravestone.

This site co-realtes Fibonacci numbers, the universe, matter, elements on earth to the spiral.

This is a new site i came across while reasearching and it is remarkable. At the very least i am trying to show that this is far more engrosing than simply a rocket. If it is a rocket how it created those spirals becomes the focal point of intrigue.
This however shows how predominant spirals are in mathematics and the understanding of the universe.

My suggestion is first go to.

www.spirasolaris.ca...

followed by.

jwilson.coe.uga.edu...

my apologies for the frantic posts before this, i kept coming across more and more information that seemed to fit perfectly with this event and it was overwhelming.

You HAVE to check out the first sight it is incredible stuff to look over, could create a wonderful discussion on this topic. Branching much further out.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So we have many different witnesses over vast areas no acknowledgement from the general news not that it hasnt been articled its just if this was some awsome cosmic event it would be all over the big news networks they dont miss out on a chance to profit. I dunno the rocket theory or HARRP type experiment seem possible but im still wondering how an uncontrolled energy could creat such perfect circles and odd trails if the photos ive seen arent photoshopped this looks nothing like a rocket trail looks more like a special effects in a sci fi movie. Trickery is still on my mind. Is this what it seems or has the real event been clouded by bad camera shutter speed or crafty photoshopping to make it more impressive then it really is.Im in the middle on this one?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I did check S.O.H.O but it is magically showing up till 12-07-09 15:18 hours. The interesting thing on S.O.H.O. IS SOMETHING IS COMMING INTO THE RIGHT OF THE OBSERVER VERY BRIGHT GOING TOWARDS THE SUN. Not round either. Not a comet either.

[edit on 12/9/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Well that kinda puts a new twist (excuse the pun) to this. Would love to know what it was. Okey, not sure if this had been brought up, but would the space station of seen this? wierd effect in the sky?

This is an excellent, helpful, and original question. One way to answer it is to use heavens_above.com to show the location of the space station at the time of this event; maybe other techniques will be needed. Please report back your results.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Its by far not the first time we worked with the Russians! I think our governments secretly partners. We worked together on Chechnya.

reply to post by triplescorpio

I thought it was photoshop at first too, but I saw the photos from all over Tromsø, emailed someone I knew that has seen it. Its in Aftenposten even! What it is we dont know. But we know it actually happened!!

link   
Here ya go!
Google Translate

Confirms the launch of the Bulava missile - It was a Bulava missile was launched from a submarine in the morning, said a source in the Russian military to tv2nyhetene.no. This intercontinental missile is the Russian response to the controversial and much discussed U.S. missile shield. The launch has most likely happened from a submarine in the White Sea at Arkhangelsk. The submarine "Dmitriy Donskoy" with NATO designation Typhoon is specifically designed to carry the ballistic missile, and is the only remaining of this class who are in active service.

Nor did this time utskytingen have been successful, which will be the reason why the Russian Northern Fleet does not want to give any official comment about the incident. This is so, the seventh unsuccessful attempt by a total of twelve tests. It has been speculated about the spiral path of the light had to indicate that it was a failed launch.

There are a range of moist air 8-9000 meters up in the atmosphere, and the rings are formed when the sharp light from the rocket is lost in a thin layer of ice crystals, "he says.

link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Sort of early to say the global media is eerily quiet IMO

Nah I mean CNN, SPACE.COM, SCIENCE. COM ECT. but ok.

[edit on 12/9/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join