It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Could it be photoshop "Alien workshop"? Some photoshop expert could answer plz?

link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Long exposure for sure, and judging by the image quality I would say it was shot with a professional camera. But look at photo 22 of this link, IMHO this picture was taken with an everyday camera, maybe even a cellphone that adjusted(maybe even auto-adjusted) its exposure to receive that bit of added light in order to register the image. Even with some bright lights pointing to the camera, we can still see how big that spiral was.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by MorfeuZ]

link   
this is what it must be>>

www.twanight.org...

link   
Hey after reading 18 pages of the same discussion, the same arguments I had to add something a bit different.... Wheres balloon boy when you need him???

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Moose318]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Moose318]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

A Russian rocket.
The exhaust trail before the spiral is obvious.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

The combination of my post... pictures... then looking at the video of this phenomenon I think it can be easily explained.

Video of phenomenon in Norway...
Leservideo = Source

Butterfly effect...

Failed Missile Launch...

If you expect me to respect your opinions... you need to start respecting others.

Deny Ignorance...

Sometimes you want to believe in something so bad... it makes you blind... Hear my sarcasm!

[edit on 12/9/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There are rumours that the spectacular light show in Norway today, may have been the Russian Bulava missile.

Wikipedia: RSM-56 Bulava

"the launch was tentatively scheduled for November 24 but has been postponed... to the end of 2009."

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A lot of people keep focusing on the pictures.

Can we have some video analysis? Some of those videos were really good.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The "ball" could be a shadow of the main rocket body cast by engines behind it...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Could it be from an alleged HAARP facility located in the north-east of Norway?
This facility can be found on Google Earth at
69 degrees 35'04.88" N and 19 degrees 13'09.58" E.

This is my first post so be gentle...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
could this be the culprit........

Originally posted by zorgon
European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association
EISCAT
Ramfjordmoen, Near Tromsø, Norway
+69° 35' 10.94", +19° 13' 20.89"

The EISCAT Scientific Association is an international research organisation operating three incoherent scatter radar systems, at 931 MHz, 224 MHz and 500 MHz, in Northern Scandinavia. It is funded and operated by the research councils of Norway, Sweden, Finland, Japan, France, the United Kingdom and Germany (collectively, the EISCAT Associates).

EISCAT (European Incoherent Scattter) studies the interaction between the Sun and the Earth as revealed by disturbances in the magnetosphere and the ionised parts of the atmosphere (these interactions also give rise to the spectacular aurora, or Northern Lights). The radars are operated in both Common and Special Programme modes, depending on the particular research objective, and Special Programme time is accounted and distributed between the Associates according to rules which are published from time to time.

One EISCAT transmitter site is located close to the city of Tromsø, in Norway, and additional receiver stations are located in Sodankylä, Finland, and Kiruna, Sweden. See an animation that shows the basic operation. The EISCAT Headquarters are also located in Kiruna. 1996 the EISCAT Scientific Association constructed a second incoherent scatter radar facility, the EISCAT Svalbard Radar, near Longyearbyen on the island of Spitsbergen, far to the North of the Norwegian mainland.

The Incoherent Scatter Radar technique requires sophisticated technology and EISCAT engineers are constantly involved in upgrading the systems.

In addition to the incoherent scatter radars, EISCAT also operates an Ionospheric Heater facility at Ramfjordmoen (including a Dynasonde) to support various active plasma physics experiments in the high latitude ionosphere.

SOURCE ARTICLE
www.eiscat.se:8080...

Tromsø 931 MHz Ultra High Frequency Radar [facts]
These signals are also received at Kiruna and Sodankylä

Tromsø 224 MHz Very High Frequency Radar [facts]
We have also a heating facility and a Dynasonde

www.thelivingmoon.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A Russian rocket.

I have no real knowlodge of rockets or rocket fuels and such. But would a rocket exhaust trail leave that bluish color? What kind off fuel/atmorferic effect could cause that? Was it because the sun was rising?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dwiggen

I've actually been registered here as Jukiodone for about 2 years but the admin. console wont let me log in or recover my password hence the Jukiodone2 tag.

I honestly dont think disinformation agents frequent this site as it's clearly a loosing battle; even if you just use the verified information presented by other members earlier in this thread as I did; the majority are still looking for a link to some sort of intergalactic wormhole caused by scientists a thousand miles away..

Will those who think its not a rocket launch stop ignoring the first 8 pages of the thread and at least respond to the DOCUMENTED ROCKET LAUNCH contained therein

In terms of me seeing this as boring ; clearly I read the thread because I found the initial image curious untill the members ruined it with ther documented rocket launch and time elapsed photgraphy info ; the ruiners lol

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think I got it. What I don't know, yet...

O.K. check out this site in Norway strange lights have been seen there before. I think Project Hessdalen might know something. I think its strange that the project was abandoned for a number of years and then they come back in the early part of 2009 and now we get a better light show. O.K. maybe there innocent and maybe not. These people would have to know about those lights

www.hessdalen.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For what it's worth - this was in Norway so we've got the Aurora Borealis in the mix right?

I think it's simply a Moon Hal with some Aurora Borealis that coincided togethor.

Moon Hals can last for ages and the AB can move around and appear to last for ages as well.

Natural Phenomenon - But truly beautiful!!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

translated page phage - dont know if its been done already

translate.google.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

A Russian rocket.

While it does sound like a rocket

It looked like it came over a mountain. First, it went into orbit, before it stopped completely. Then it began to circulate, and so it went in the resolution. Then there was suddenly a big ring, so big that it covered the whole sky,

Several people have speculated that the light may be due to a research rocket, possibly from Kiruna or Russia.

Anna Rathsman by Swedish Space Coorparation in Kiruna denied that there can be a rocket from their center.

VG Nett has also been in contact with Andøya Rocket Range who said that there have been no launches on Wednesday morning.

The Russian Northern Fleet is not aware of the launch of the rocket

I know that message was sent out saying there was a rocket but doesn't the RNF send that out?

INTERESTING PART

A large ring arrived. Then spread it out. sent a green beam down to earth.

translate.google.com... %3Fartid%3D596385&sl=no&tl=en" target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just saw on Fox News new video of Obama in a meeting with Congress for some reason I thought he was already in that area.

Well, hopefully time will tell us the truth.......but I doubt it.

Just another reminder we need to have a camera handy and watch the skies.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
...and Bulava (Булава) means "mace" in Russian...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

A MYSTERIOUS giant spiral of light that dominated the sky over Norway this morning has stunned experts — who believe the space spectacle is an entirely new astral phenomenon.
Thousands of awe-struck Norwegians bombarded the Meteorological Institute to ask what the incredible light — that could be seen in the pre-dawn sky for hundreds of miles — could possibly be.

The phenomenon has been dubbed 'Star-Gate' — as the world's top scientists and the military lined up to admit they were baffled.

Theories ranging from a misfired Russian missile, meteor fireball, never-before-seen type of northern light, 'black hole' and even alien activity were all proposed.

Witnesses across Norway, who first glimpsed the space show at 8.45am, all described seeing a spinning 'Catherine wheel-style' spiral of white light, centred around a bright moon-like star.

A blue "streaming tail" appeared to anchor the spiral to earth, before the light "exploded" into a rotating ring of white fire.

Phenomenon ... unexplained sighting
Jan Petter Jørgensen / Rex Features
The spiral spectacle — which lasted for two minutes — was seen by vast swathes of the Scandinavian country's almost five million population, with sightings as far north as Finnmark to Trondelag in the south.

Totto Eriksen, from Tromso, in northern Norway, was one of the thousands who bombarded Norwegian newspapers with sightings — after nearly crashing his car on spotting the spiral overhead.

He said: "I was driving my daughter to school when this light spun and exploded in the sky.

"We saw it from the Inner Harbour in Tromso. It looked like a rocket that spun around and around - and then went diagonally across the heavens.

"It looked like the moon was coming over the mountain - but then turned into something totally different.

Blue tail ... stunned Norwegians
"People just stopped and stared on the pier - it was like something from a Hollywood movie."

Axel Berg, from Alta, also in the north of the country, added: "It was like a giant spiral - a shooting star that spun around and around.

"I initially thought it was a projector but then the 'tail light' left and the spiral remained spinning still."

Norway's most celebrated astronomer, Knut Jorgen Roed Odegaard, said he had never seen anything like the spiral before.

Mystery ... missile theory
He said: "This was seen over an exceptionally large area of the country - in all of north Norway and the Trondelag.

"My first thought was that it was a fireball meteor - but it lasted far too long.

"It may have been a missile from Russia - but I can't guarantee that is the answer.

"I rang the Air Traffic Control tower in Tromse. They said it was over in two minutes. To me, that is far too long for this to be an astronomical phenomenon.

"This spiral shape is unique. It is definitely not a variation of the aurora borealis - northern lights."

Astonishing ... spinning UFO
Chief Scientist Erik Tandberg, at the Norwegian Space Centre, said that he too was "totally amazed" by the spiral.

He agreed with many other experts that the spiral pattern could have been caused by a missile from Russia — something the Russian military have strongly denied.

Advertisement

Dr Tandberg said: "I agree with everyone in the science community that this light was the weirdest thing. I have never seen anything like this ever.

"It may have been anything from an exploding missile whose launch went wrong - to a comet or other celestial object that for some reason has been behaving strangely.

"If it was a missile - most likely from the launch base in Pletsevsk in Russia or one of the Russian submarines or even from the European Space Agency base in Kiruna - then we are talking about a rocket launch that has gone wrong.

"The spiral suggests the object came off course and balance and entered the spiral movement. Leaking rocket fuel could account for the blue light.

"But I know that the military have denied this explanation. So we could be looking at an entirely new natural phenomenon."

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by ArMaP]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join