It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Touche, I like that! I guess the excuse they will use is that the Russian missiles are not as advanced as American ones and do not have the same options available

Still waiting to hear about the radar reports and the debris???? Unless you believe the fishermans tale who was nowhere near the event

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
reply to post by JimOberg

Post a video of a failed missile test from the past DECADES that does the exact same thing.

If I may... this one shot by russians in 2006.. you may remember this one, it went around ATS for a short while

Notice that there seems to even be a slightly blue trail too...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Dear Everyone:

AMAZING enthusiasm and equally amazing thoughts on the blue phenomenon.

Looking at the last picture here, with the quarter moon a very measurable (degrees; ie., right ascension) distance above the horizon, and knowing the time and date (8.12.2009 - pm etc)...

WHY hasn't anyone input this into a planetarium software program and calculated the trajectory of the probable missile?

I would also not hesitate to think the russians would launch in the direction of tromso when the US president is there for a 'peace award' - old kgb style thinking, and we all know putin was and forever will be, KGB.

The spiral is spectacular. I hope we find out more, soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

The missile was not launched in the direction of Norway.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thankyou! your viral attention to detail means you have noted the trajectory previously already.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have not read through all of the 112 pages, so if someone's covered this, I appologize...just trying to get answers myself.

I highly doubt this was an exploded rocket. If you note the blue spiral only apparant from closer images/videos, it has qualities of ionization. What creates blue coloring when ionized? Nitrogen. And what's part of our atmosphere?

"Nitrogen
Nitrogen molecules are energized in two different ways to produce two different colors.

Ionized nitrogen
When high energy electrons strike nitrogen molecules, some of the nitrogen's own electrons are knocked loose. When nitrogen regains its lost electrons, returning to its normal energetic state, the extra energy is released as bluish light. "
Link

I believe something is emitting something to ionize the nitrogen creating the blue light, thus creating the disk, then it all collapses by the blackhole-like anomoly.

I'm still trying to figure out what could ionize the nitrogen only, while not touching any of the other gases in our atmosphere, if my theory is correct that is. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by digifanatic

There is no indication that the missile exploded. The test failed. We do not know the failure mode.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It isn't a Missile!

Something else, but NOT a russian missile!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, haven't read this whole mostrous thread, but I'm sure it's full of peeps swearing blind it's a wormhole to the Fifth dimension and Karrang is coming through to fight the Turtles...

I've looked at the pics and it seems quite bloody obvious it's a rocket test. A new rocket, in fact, which has been designed to evade US ABM tech, hence the spirally trail of smoke you see on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Has there been any debris found?
Was it an explosion or implosion?
I really don`t know but want to know,could anything have survived the explosion/implosion?
Did it create this fog to ruin my viewing of the meteor shower?Thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seems to me like all credible evidence points to this being a missile.

Who has ever seen a live rocket launch, especially when meteorological conditions are less than clear? Some very strange and confusing phenomenon sometime occurs when looking from the ground. When you add changes in humidity, wind, temperature, and pressure with rising altitude, plus the fact that the missile disintegrated/aborted, much of the seen phenomenon is not too difficult to comprehend.

Also the region where the light was observed to have originated, closely matches with the area where Russia tests its new submarines and submarine-launched missiles.

As for the trajectory that some people are asking about: almost all Russian ICBM launches from the White Sea or Barents Sea have an Eastern (and slightly Northern) trajectory toward Kamchatka. This means that if the footage was shot from Norway, the missile should be heading away at a slight angle from the observer. My guess is that you are looking at the tail end of it.

As for the black hole theory - feel free to indulge in your fantasies, but it is somewhat absurd. First, you can clearly see the trajectory of the light from the ground, with a visible trail. Russia has no colliders or any such advanced technology near the border with Norway. And what makes you think that black holes (assuming they can exist in our atmosphere) would look anything like this? Even scientists at best can make educated guesses about black holes and what they would look like to a human eye.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by maloy]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
Has there been any debris found?

If there is any debris it would be in the White Sea, which is within Russian territory. So only Russia would have access to it. And with this missile being a new technology in the testing phase, Russia would certainly keep the details in secret and not display the debris. It has already admitted that this was a failed missile test, and that is as much proof as we can reasonly expect.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage, my brother just posited a theory. What about Star Wars program with the missile defense of using possibly superconductors as a push device to breakup the missile.

Are we at WAR!

Aliens? Russia?

Has someone noticed our advanced weapons systems and they think we have gone too far?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just wondering...if the missile was launched 400km away from Tromsk, why is it that no one else within that 400km area noticed the giant glowing spiral? And all the photos were taken from the same one town and seemingly from pretty much the same angle too?

Is there an explanation for that?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't know if this has been stated already, but if the missile (or whatever it was) has been fired in an oposite direction to Norway, or if you generally assume that Russia wouldn't fire a (test) missile into NATO airspace, then how can it be explained that there seems to have been issued a navigational warning for a location west of Norway?
I know the date doesn't add up... just stumbled upon this yesterday and since been wondering about this...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by feuerziege

The White Sea is east of Scandinavia, not west.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkurns

I understand the weather in most of Scandinavia is pretty lousy this time of year. Foggy? Cloudy? I can't find any good satellite images.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by feuerziege

Great find! Who can find out what it refers to?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by chriskeptik]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah...doesn't seem quite right though does it?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In my opinion, those that claim this is not a missile/rocket are no more correct than those that claim it is a rocket/missile. Both camps have some very excellent details but, are we any closer to answering the big question? I have not read anywhere that it may be a combination of both. i.e. It was a missile defending mother earth from the coming apocalypse created by the spawn of Sarah Palin and Al Gore. - Just kidding, but I hope you get my point! Why are we all here on ATS instead of the MSM. I hope that my fellow ATS readers are only interested in the truth and engaging in intelligent dialogue in-search of that truth. Instead we must read through 100+ pages of simple minded "I'm right your stupid" and 12 year-old playground "My dad can beat up your dad" mentality. If we spent just 10% of our attack effort on posting intelligent debatable fact-based data, we just may make some headway to a conclusion. If it is a missile, fine it is a missile - next subject. I am not 100% convinced of anything other than it is an amazing occurrence and I want to know more more more...
Best Regards to the wonder posts that create debate.
No Regards to the hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join