It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkurns

What doesn't sound right? That visibility could have been poor? That sounds normal.

That the images aren't available? That's normal too. I've always had a really hard time finding any archived satellite images for Europe.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by feuerziege

Maybe a navex error?

Edit: .. its definitly west of norway andcoming from a russian naxtex station..

www.frisnit.com...

must be an error

[edit on 11-12-2009 by chriskeptik]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by chriskeptik]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chriskeptik

It is a typographical error in the message.
Note the corrected coordinates:

NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA
65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E
66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E

NAVTEX

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mrkurns

I understand the weather in most of Scandinavia is pretty lousy this time of year. Foggy? Cloudy? I can't find any good satellite images.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

I think most of the Northen Arctic Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland) had clear weather the day when this occured.

So I don't think it was foggy or cloudy in the Swedish nor in the Finnish Laplandia that morning!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkurns
Just wondering...if the missile was launched 400km away from Tromsk, why is it that no one else within that 400km area noticed the giant glowing spiral? And all the photos were taken from the same one town and seemingly from pretty much the same angle too?

Is there an explanation for that?

Excellent question. This is an inquiry still in work.

First, sites east of Tromso had very much brighter skies, towards dawn (Arkhangelsk was experiencing sunrise at the time of launch), making the sky light show practically invisible even if the skies were clear of clouds or fog.

Add in that Russian sites such as murmansk exist under tight military security and sightings there might never reach -- or be relayed by -- the state-controlled news media.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenus

Here is an email I got from Anthony L. Peratt (www.zoominfo.com...) and this is what he had to say about the Norway event.

Re: Regarding plasma/aurora phenomena over Norway

This event was natural and occurs when two Birkeland currents
interact, usually around 300 -500 km above Earth. Birkeland currents
most often occur in pairs because of the 1/r attractive force between
them.

This is not an EISCAT heating phenomena.

Sincerely,

A. L. Peratt
Los Alamos National Laboratory

This has to be the most interesting information about the Norwegian Spiral Phenomenon I've read in this thread so far!

So! I guess if we would trust this A. L Peratt guy from Los Alamos National Laboratory - then the spiral mystery is solved!

Sad for all the rocket fanatics though!

Thanks for posting this Xenus!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
...Fortunately, after examining so many cases and after the disasterous 'swamp gas' theory of the Lonnie Zamora sighting, Hynek left 'Project Blue Book' and started researching the subject very seriously!

Whilst many debunkers have explained UFO's away as the planet Venus,...

Still in deep confusion after all these years? Hynek never explained the Zamora case as 'swamp gas'. If you think he did, it's one more reason to lower your credibility rating even further.

Venus still rules as 'the queen of UFOs', as all serious UFO investigators realize (see Hendry and Hynek's 'UFO Handbook'). It has startled and misled naive observers since there were observers of the sky... including many pilots [such as the aircrew at Barnaul in Siberia a few years back who refused to take off because Venus was shining right down at the end of their runway], Jimmy Carter, at least one astronaut in flight, and a series of Hollywood stars, as well as innumerable ordinary folks around the planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Add in that Russian sites such as murmansk exist under tight military security and sightings there might never reach -- or be relayed by -- the state-controlled news media.

Sighting of visual phenomenon like this are well known in northern Russian cities, especially Murmansk and Arkhangelsk, and even further south like St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Minsk. Specially many observations are common around the Plesetsk Cosmodrome. They are now well known to be associated with rocket/missile launches at night. Usually combined with unique lighting from the sun beyond the horizon, the launches have been known to create very bizzare visuals. In fact north Finland and Norway probably experience them from time to time as well, so this event should not come as a shock.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by JimOberg

Sighting of visual phenomenon like this are well known in northern Russian cities, especially Murmansk and Arkhangelsk, and even further south like St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Minsk. Specially many observations are common around the Plesetsk Cosmodrome. They are now well known to be associated with rocket/missile launches at night. Usually combined with unique lighting from the sun beyond the horizon, the launches have been known to create very bizzare visuals. In fact north Finland and Norway probably experience them from time to time as well, so this event should not come as a shock.

Good post. These events go back at least to the 'Petrozavodsk jellyfish' of 1978, and sightings of Plesetsk launches go back even further -- such as the 'Cape Kamennyy UFO' of 1967.
see www.ufoinfo.com...

Spiral-shaped clouds are often reported from time to time -- were they ALL failures, or some other feature of the upper stage? I'm not satisifed with picking any answer for the spiral for sure, yet -- but I am satisfied with the rocket theory in general.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

On December 12, 2008, Share International Foundation announced that a large, bright star-like object would soon be seen in the sky. It is a sign heralding the imminent appearance of Maitreya, the World Teacher, on his first television interview, which will take place in the USA.

The 'star' is really one of four enormous spacecraft placed around the world. Since December 2008 numerous sightings of the 'star' have been reported on YouTube and television news programs. Share International magazine has received hundreds of photographs showing the 'star' in a variety of stunning colors and shapes.

The huge spiral manifestation over Norway is an extension of the work of these spacecraft and is irrefutable evidence of their reality. Our information is that further such manifestations are planned for the near future.

-- from The Business Journal, Dec 11th, Los Angeles

Regardless of whether this spiral was a rocket or a UFO, it did happen and did fulfill this prophecy.

What's next?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__

On December 12, 2008, Share International Foundation announced that a large, bright star-like object would soon be seen in the sky. It is a sign heralding the imminent appearance of Maitreya, the World Teacher, on his first television interview, which will take place in the USA.
The 'star' is really one of four enormous spacecraft placed around the world. Since December 2008 numerous sightings of the 'star' have been reported on YouTube and television news programs. Share International magazine has received hundreds of photographs showing the 'star' in a variety of stunning colors and shapes.
The huge spiral manifestation over Norway is an extension of the work of these spacecraft and is irrefutable evidence of their reality. Our information is that further such manifestations are planned for the near future.
Dec 11th, Los Angeles
Regardless of whether this spiral was a rocket or a UFO, it did happen and did fulfill this prophecy. What's next?

Sounds pretty superstitious
(Maybe maitreya jumped into obamas body the next day -- then it wouldn't be a coincidence and would explain why the live broadcast would be in USA)(They were both in kenya at the same time)(He did talk about war a lot for his nobel PEACE speech))
(maybe rocket #2 was the attempt to emulate the spiral to give it some cred but wasn't as spectacular)
Uh-oh . . .
I'm joking by the way
ORAMI?
no matter

on to the questions!

I dislike the vagueness of their prophesy. I large bright star like object in the sky is pretty vague. Why didn't they say spiral? I thought the spiral was significant?

Share International magazine has received hundreds of photographs showing the 'star' in a variety of stunning colors and shapes.
Do they look like the spiral?

How is the spiral an extension of these spacecraft?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Regardless of whether this spiral was a rocket or a UFO, it did happen and did fulfill this prophecy.

What's next?

I have a prophecy that in the future a bright flash of light and the sound of a toilet flushing will herald the eventual arrival of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The rule of thumb is that obscure prophecies are the best prophecies, because someone somewhere will come to interpret them as true with a little helping of imagination.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My first pass at the NW Russia newspapers came up with nothing:

www.pravdasevera.ru... // no joy

kurier-karelia.ru...
petrozavodsk.ru... [no stories at all about UFOs]

www.press.murmansk.ru... forbidden Polyarnaya Pravda
Vecherniy Murmansk vmnews.ru... [no stories at all about UFOs]

Weather reports are that they are experiencing snowfall -- but I don't have access to two-day-old reports.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

I'm assuming they're talking about the strange phenomena in general that's been happening in the world.

If this was the UFO's, or the 'Space Brothers', as Creme describes them, that caused this spiral then could it be that they used the opportunity of a russian rocket gone awry as a back drop to this event? Always leaving room for doubt?

Of course you can jump on this and say Creme's prophecy is just lucky; and maybe it was. But if the UFO's actually do land soon then maybe they themselves will tell us different.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm assuming they're talking about the strange phenomena in general that's been happening in the world.

But if the UFO's actually do land soon then maybe they themselves will tell us different.

And you know what that will be?
Evidence =)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

But if the UFO's actually do land soon then maybe they themselves will tell us different.

And you know what that will be?
Evidence =)

Yea, right, I'm the only one in the know, didn't I tell you?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chriskeptik

Well, since i'm a new user i'll just reply to the last post here.
I'm having a cognitive dissonance regarding the trajectory of missile here, which most people think to be flying upwards into northeastern direction from somewhere near Archangelsk. Which would mean that you see the blueish trail and the spiraldisk from behind, i.e. this would be seen at a distance from about 1000 Kilometers or about 620 Miles. Imagine that. Seems unlikely to me. Go open some Map and look for Tromsø which is the place where the most pictures have been shot from. Then look for Archangelsk which is the region where navigational warnings due to submarine rocket launch have been issued for. If the trajectory indeed was headed somewhere along the northern siberian coastline or deeper inland to Kamchatka, how big must this have been, to be able to seen from so far away? The only comparable thing in this order of magnitude which i can imagine would be the high atmospheric nuketest decades ago in the Pacific which caused all sorts of electromagnetic disturbances over wide ranges. Or something like the Tsar-Bomb.
Despite the russian denial that their launch didn't have anything to do with the apparitions seen from Tromsø, I'm way more inclined to think they indeed headed northwest over Finland and Norway, and what can be seen in the pictures happens somewhere in the triangle between Storfjord and Alta in Norway and Enotekiö in Finland at an altidude of at least 40 Kilometers/25 Miles, where the third stage failure happened. And this is what is to be seen, not the whole start from near the sealevel up and then some giant show from a loooong, looong distance away. I'm basing this conclusion on the fact that the subtext to this photo mentions it was taken from the harbor in Tromsø (Dampskipskaia) eastwards (i retning øst).
Shot from Tromsøs Harbor eastward
With this picture alone one could be tempted to think the blue beam would originate from the "HAARP-like" EISCAT facility a few miles away behind the mountain, in fact i did :-) But not when you see the other photos from this set Picturecollection , especially #3 and #5. Here is another Collection which shows more than a zoom into the spiral: Overview
I know these have been posted before, i just wanted them to have together, since i'm considering them to be the "primary source" and they partly have subtitles with location and town. So. That were the Pictures. Then there is the question about good weathersatellite pictures from that time. Infraredsatmaps There one can go back to 9/12 7:45, tick on Infrared and click "Retrieve". Since its infrared it means, the darker it is, the clearer are the skies. As one can see, at that time only a small patch along the northern norwegian coast was clear. Which explains why there have been no sightings from elsewhere, which puzzled me also. As to the cause of the Spiral i have no clue, but since this Rocket is a MIRV which ejects multiple selfpropelled warheads at different targets, maybe the ejection failed? Some dummies stuck in the launchtubes of the third stage and producing this spiral with their exhaust? Like in this schematic? Infographic for the MIRV
So, that's all folks :-)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Do you actually reside in one of these areas and if so have you actually seen a visual as bizarre as this spiral before?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Who said I had any credibility? I don't claim to know all, unlike yourself and others, I only have theories and so far that is all there is with this Spiral, whatever you say or think!

So you deny that Dr. J Allen Hynek wasn't the one with the laughable swamp gas theory???? I know he was although it may have been another sighting although I thought was the Lonnie Zamora case? I will have to get my old books out as my memory is fading with age
Unlike you, I don't have NASA or NBC's libraries at hand!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkurns
Do you actually reside in one of these areas and if so have you actually seen a visual as bizarre as this spiral before?

I reside further south than Arkhangelsk, and no I have not seen this particular phenomenon. I did see a night rocket launch at Plesetsk once though, and it tends to create an optical illusion because you can't completely grasp the depth perception and trajectory from the ground. I have also heard and read a lot of stories about bizzare visual sightings of all sorts, some of which are even harder to comprehend than this spiral. The most bizzare ones usually occur near dusk or dawn or in high humidity.

As for the spiral I think it is rare because it arises from a malfunction. But besides the spiral, every other visual aspect of this recent event, both in the videos and on photographs, is very similar to seeing a rocket launch from a distance at an angle.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by maloy]

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join