It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Ran the numbers...no indication that anything other than
the normal Two line Element orbital updates are perceived.

If you have any evidence to the contrary, please start
a new thread about it. I am sure that the Mods would agree that your claim of satellite orbital deviation
outside of the norm, would warrant it's own thread.

I would be glad to debate you on this in your own thread!

Until then.....

Zep Out

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know none of you have any reason to trust my source (or me, for that matter), but given what he said (I posted it about 10-15 pages ago), I'm still leaning toward rocket.

However...

He also noted that the dissipation was extraordinarily fast and like nothing he'd seen. I'll repost that part:

That looks too fast to be due to an exhaust plume dissipating. If it happened close after sunset or if the spiral was at a very high altitude it could be due to the shadow of the earth sweeping across a cone shaped spiral if the point of the spiral was lower than the wide end. The shadow moves around 2000 miles per hour so it could cross a pretty large distance in a few seconds.

So how's this - the rocket was intended to do/create something like:
- Carry off unstable material from the CERN experiments
- Attempt to open a wormhole (safer in space than earth, right?)

Just because the trail may have been caused by an earth-origin rocket doesn't mean that the incident wasn't still spectacular and may have some incredible (or terrifying) technology behind it.

Yeah, I know, this smacks of "can't we all just get along!" but, really, there are some fascinating theories we could be playing with if we can get past this rocket/non-rocket bit.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Any connection between this event and Hesdallen lights?
www.hessdalen.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There are so many sub-plots in this thread that it almost deserves its own forum as the different discussions are proving difficult to keep track of.

Could we not break this discussion up into a number of smaller threads?

PS - I am still having a hard time believing that a failed launch and/or explosion in the third stage could give this dramatic effect.

Something else is going on here.

There, I said it, my tinfoil hat is now firmly in place.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hoagland on Norway phenomenon:

"Torsion weapons demo"

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well I think the all time best thing about this thread is the fact that "rocket believers" call the "non rocket believers" crazy because they believe it to be originated from "science fiction" or "fantasy". But what i'd like to know is the percentage of those "rocket believers" that believe in GOD.... One of the biggest PTB BS stories around...

How is it so hard to disbelieve the PTB, when time after time they feed us BS

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Let me explain to you something about how physics work, very simple.

You throw a rock into a pool of water.

The ripples start in a general circular motion.

They continue until the water is calm.

Now, look at the "ripples" in this event.

A large black hole envelops them all after a period of time from the center out, they do not naturally dissipate. This also could NOT be caused by an explosion, or the movement of air protruding into the center of the rings, it would deform the ripples but NOT remove them.

Any one who says otherwise is an obvious sheeple trying to keep their happy little box they live in safe and unharmed by the truth, this was not a missile launch and you don't need to wear a tinfoil hat to realize it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Good example. Ripples are waves and not exactly the same as this but if you notice, ripples do disappear from the center outward.

Notice that it is calm in the middle of the circle while the ripples expand outward.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Exactly!

How can anyone think that it is a rocket spiriling out of control or exploding...!

Look at the video...

It looks like the aurara borealis with its trail... The spiral is the weirdest part however and is stumping the worlds top scientists!

We can discuss the possibilities, but until it is actually proven we will never know!

If you choose to follow the "Fact" and opinion of the press or the word of one scientist go ahead. Personally I feel sorry for you!

Until I see evidence and a detailed explenation from a team of top scientists I will see it as a magnificent new and exiting phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 

Exactly!

How can anyone think that it is a rocket spiriling out of control or exploding...!

Look at the video...

It looks like the aurara borealis with its trail... The spiral is the weirdest part however and is stumping the worlds top scientists!

We can discuss the possibilities, but until it is actually proven we will never know!

If you choose to follow the "Fact" and opinion of the press or the word of one scientist go ahead. Personally I feel sorry for you!

Until I see evidence and a detailed explenation from a team of top scientists I will see it as a magnificent new and exiting phenomenon.

I guess you will never know then!

A team of top scientists aren't going to waste time on a failed launch (unless its their job working on the bulivia)

and

Speculation will just continue unabated =)

Cheers
J

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What do you mean by dissipate? Do you want the spiral to freeze after the missile stops leaking/ejecting the fuel or continue moving away from the spiral's center like when laws of physics apply? The emptiness is expanding just as fast as the spiral was.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

wow so narrow minded...

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

He is entirely correct. No sane scientist is going to waste his time on researching a failed missile test.
If you want to be that scientist who wastes his time chasing fantasies which are mostly based on ignorance, or in some cases denial, then be my guest.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoMaNfIsH
This doesn't look to like a failed missile test to me, no explosion, debris or anything you might expect from a failed missile and even if it was.....what the hell was it carrying to create what was seen....this by all acounts was a real event....it happened! I for one have never seen, heard or dreamt of anything quite like it and i've studied ufo's, ghosts and general anomolies for years........

Your post may have helped put a finger on the problem -- you have studied this stuff for years, but maybe you have NOT studied peripheral subjects such as real space flight, real physics, real optics. The Norway apparition was extraordinary in degree but not in type -- there have been similar reports literally for decades.

If YOU haven't seen those reports, then it's YOUR problem in restricting your studies too narrowly. Get out of the intellectual ghetto of ufology and drink deep of real science and engineering issues, it'll give you a much better framework to assess unusual phenomena and develop/evaluate prosaic explanations for them.

Unless that's the LAST thing you really want to have happen -- as so many other posters here, it's not even that they don't WANT to rationally think about prosaic explanations, they desperately want NOT to have to think about such things.

That accounts, perhaps, for the main mental trick -- demanding an unrealistic condition for such a rational explanation to satisfy, or imagining a faux-fact that such a theory allegedly contradicts. These are all tricks, not always deliberate and conscious ones, to keep one's mind closed to disturbing possibilities.

And -- boy! -- does the rocket theory DISTURB a lot of people, as we've seen!!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Your post may have helped put a finger on the problem -- you have studied this stuff for years, but maybe you have NOT studied peripheral subjects such as real space flight, real physics, real optics. The Norway apparition was extraordinary in degree but not in type -- there have been similar reports literally for decades.
If YOU haven't seen those reports, then it's YOUR problem in restricting your studies too narrowly. Get out of the intellectual ghetto of ufology and drink deep of real science and engineering issues, it'll give you a much better framework to assess unusual phenomena and develop/evaluate prosaic explanations for them.
Unless that's the LAST thing you really want to have happen -- as so many other posters here, it's not even that they don't WANT to rationally think about prosaic explanations, they desperately want NOT to have to think about such things.
That accounts, perhaps, for the main mental trick -- demanding an unrealistic condition for such a rational explanation to satisfy, or imagining a faux-fact that such a theory allegedly contradicts. These are all tricks, not always deliberate and conscious ones, to keep one's mind closed to disturbing possibilities.
And -- boy! -- does the rocket theory DISTURB a lot of people, as we've seen!!

Words to live by Jim,
Words to live by

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

or the planet venus which has been described previously to play tricks on peoples mind by appearing to change colour, spin, fly across the night sky at various altitudes, change shape and appear to be metalic or tri-angular structured craft, even to sober wide awake people!

What....?
Can you post some actual examples of those "sober, wide awake" people who saw *Venus* to spin, fly across the sky, etc.? Or any scientists who would have the nerve to explain such actions as being Venus?
Being a stargazer I've seen Venus thousands of times, and I can see how someone with very little knowledge of astronomy could confuse it with an object.
But in all my years of stargazing I have never seen Venus do any of the things you said. I *have* seen objects do such things in the sky but they most surely were *not* Venus.

Anyhow, to get back on topic, I think this thing probably is a rocket.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Post a video of a failed missile test from the past DECADES that does the exact same thing.

I've read that the failed missile was fired from a submarine.

How do they decide where to aim the missile for a test fire?

I've read that 2 other missiles were fired, is that correct?

What are these missiles by the way?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

Have you never read any UFO reports that are debunked by (paid) sceptics? (i.e. professional debunkers) Dr. J. Allen Hynek who admitted he was paid by government to come up with plausable (and some unplausable) excuses for UFO phenomena! Fortunately, after examining so many cases and after the disasterous 'swamp gas' theory of the Lonnie Zamora sighting, Hynek left 'Project Blue Book' and started researching the subject very seriously!

Whilst many debunkers have explained UFO's away as the planet Venus, I remember one such case where the witness made a remark like, 'I'll accept that was Venus if someone can prove to me that the planet can appear in the sky several hours earlier than usual (as it appears in the early morning), changes colour several times, wizzing around the sky at various altitude, changing shape and direction with various coloured flashing lights'

Which I found hilarious

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Hongkongphooey]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I've seen lots of video footage of missle and rocket launches throughout the years. Matter of fact lots of scientist and military test launches are tracked by camera to study the aero-dynamics of the rocket and it's various stages of operations. In doing so they have also filmed lots of rocket and missle launches that have malfunctioned. I have yet to see one of these failed missle and rocket launches do anything close to what appeared in the night sky in Norway.
There have been several videos recently showing this same kind of thing and the favorite excuse of choice is a failed missle launch. Most, if not all missles and rockets are equiped with a remote destruct command in case the vehicle starts to go off course or malfunctions in some way so as not to land in a populated area. It seems to me that if this was a Russian military missle that "malfunctioned" they would have remote detonated the thing into tiny little peices. The only thing more embarassing to the military of any nation is not so much a malfunctioning rocket launch but a malfunctioning rocket that lands in the middle of a city.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Mr. James Oberg, we meet again! We traded opinions many years ago on a UFO & Paranomal site and via email

Still being paid to debunk by NASA are you? Of course you are, why else would you be wasting your valuable scientific time reading sites like these!

Most scientific academics would not give this site the time of day unless they knew something out of the ordinary or were paid to do the job!

Nice to see that your still trying, but in the last several years I think the tide has been turning against you! I mean there are a lot more believers today, perhaps that's why their are so many paid debunkers too
Cheers

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join