It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ph00nknzarrk
Despite the russian denial that their launch didn't have anything to do with the apparitions seen from Tromsø, I'm way more inclined to think they indeed headed northwest over Finland and Norway

I have heard that from another source as well. But I do not see the Russians launching the missile in that direction intentionally. Virtually all missile and ICBM tests from the White Sea or Barents Sea pursue an Eastern trajectory, and their accuracy is measured by where they impact at Kamchatka range sites. This trajectory also allows Russia to closely monitor the missiles during the entire flight, since it is entirely over Russian territory. The only other possible launch trajectory was North-Northeast from the White Sea towards the Barents Sea, and thats a little more plausible in this case.

If the missile did indeed head over Finland and Norway, the only explanation was that the failure caused it to deviate from the planned route. There is no reason why Russia would launch in that direction, since it won't be able to track the accuracy. When did Russia deny that the sightings in Norway were related to the launch?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've read that multiple times, i believe somewhere in this thread, but also on other newssites. It was just a small piece in all the noise. By the way, how could this be a mishap, when the first two stages did work as they should? The news about the malfunction explicitly mentioned that the first two stages worked as intended, only the third failed in some unspecified way. Which makes me think the deviation from course can't be that big.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ph00nknzarrk]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Gotta hand it too those Ruskies, Failed or not, they have produced one of the coolest sky graphics ever. What a fantastic show that must have been, and I would pay dearly to have been in Norway to see that sucker fly over.

The Guicci's have seen the high bar in fireworks. I would like to see if they could top it, albeit on a much safer level. Fantastico!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There’s something still obscure about the ‘spiral’ cloud seen over Norway and at other times — including the next day for the Topol test. I’m not convinced the spiral was a result of a failure — it may be the result of a feature of the third stage, perhaps associated with enhancing resistence to potential boost-phase ABM attack.

See this remarkable video of the Topol warhead deploy (??) flare and spiral.

В небе над Уфой НЛО сняли на видео
Светящийся объект двигался по вечернему небу с большой скоростью, а потом «взорвался»

[видео – dramatic burst of light and short-lived spiral]

ufa.kp.ru...

Булат БАШИРОВ — 11.12.2009 12:18

See also video at 12 декабря 2009 г. 01:35

Необычную “комету” увидели жители российских городов

www.vesti.ru...

which includes the quotation

"The luminous cone and spiral proved to be the contrail of the Topol rocket"

So -- the 'spiral' was a normal feature THIS time, not a sign of a failure.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here is a release report from the Russian Ministry of Defense through Interfax:

Twelfth test launch of SLBM Bulava from nuclear-powered submarine Dmitry Donskoy turned out to be failed, informs Interfax referring to the press service of Russian Ministry of Defense.

The underwater launch was performed from the waters of the White Sea. Unstable operation of third stage powerplant was registered during the missile flight; it deviated from required track, specifies ITAR-TASS.

According to itromso.no, in the morning of Dec 9 the residents of Norwegian town Tromso noticed an unidentified flying object in the sky. Later on, Norwegian defense ministry reported that the Russian military had performed ICBM test launches at the region where the UFO had allegedly started.

Six out of eleven previous Bulava launches were considered unsuccessful, one – entirely successful. Yury Solomonov, general designer of Bulava resigned after the last faulty test launch on July 15. The accident cause was defect of first stage flight control unit.

Nezavisimaya Gazeta informed on Oct 30 that SSBN Dmitry Donskoy had sailed to the White Sea on Oct 26 to conduct subsequent test launch but it was canceled then. Perhaps, the missile could not leave launching tube due to faulty automatic protection system.

rusnavy.com...

So according to the Russian Defense Ministry there was a noteable deviation from from the original track. I don't know the details about how long the first and the second stage last (in fact it is undisclosed information), so it is not clear how far into the launch the third stage activates. Since the missile is based on the Topol-M, what can be assumed is that its minimum range is over 2,000 kilometers (with operational range of about 8,000 km), so even if its trajectory was West over Norway, it would have ended up far into the Norwegian Sea or further had it not failed.

Also this launch was not something that wasn't expected or suprising. The Russian Defense Ministry made an announcement of an anticipated test launch from the White Sea in early December back in November. Norway and Finland had to have been made aware of it.

rusnavy.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

oooh! oooh! Let's speculate.
An intentional release of something, distributed by spinning the vehicle. Chaff or something similar to shake off enemy sensor locks. It would be nice to know what the radar saw. On the other hand, they would be showing their hand a bit too openly.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

oooh! oooh! Let's speculate.
An intentional release of something, distributed by spinning the vehicle. Chaff or something similar to shake off enemy sensor locks. It would be nice to know what the radar saw. On the other hand, they would be showing their hand a bit too openly.
[edit on 12/12/2009 by Phage]

Scary weaponry!
In theory put into practice
this missile could drop multiple nukes somewhere and mystify the people at the same time!! (and the spiral smoke screen would make it harder to stop the nukes) all the while people running outside to see the phenomenon! brilliant!
Then before the people knew it
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke
END

[edit on 12-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It is not Topol ICBM, but Bulava - an enhanced version launched from a submarine. Topol is land based, and its launches have been well documented with plenty of footage, and no noticeable spiral. The only other instance of when a spiral was noted was in the Tomsk video. However there are no reports of launch or failure coinciding with that - so the circumstances are not known. Bulava has also been launched before, with some footage available.

I don't see how the spiral would be a planned aspect of the missile's trajectory. Control, speed, and accuracy would be adversely impacted. The most plausible explanation is that it is associated with failure of the third (cruise) stage.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

I think it would be even more brilliant for the missile to zigzag accross the sky in a seemingly random pattern. It could even use illusion of misdirection to full the enemy - it can start off by heading to China, then suddenly turn to the US, and at the very last second it could swerve and deliver the lethal blow to Australia. HA - they would never see that coming, damn kangaroos. Now that would be a show in the sky.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
D4rk Kn1ght's prophecy is coming true ?

.........In 2009 there will be a pre-event occurrence visible across large swathes of the northern hemisphere. It is designed to spark interest in alien life beyond what it is now. Some may say this is not enough of a warning, well so be it.

Source:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Then you are saying that this thing goes into a spin in the last stage and perhaps starts spitting out warheads on pre-determined trajectores. Pretty awesome if true, but they would still be radar targets at any point, unless some kind of interference pattern is being produced to jam detection.

I am no rocket scientist, but perhaps you are correct, this may not be a failure at all. All that aside, fantastic to look at and now, alot to ponder.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul Kine
D4rk Kn1ght's prophecy is coming true ?

.........In 2009 there will be a pre-event occurrence visible across large swathes of the northern hemisphere. It is designed to spark interest in alien life beyond what it is now. Some may say this is not enough of a warning, well so be it.

Source:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh you too cut his prophesy in half to make it fit eh?
AGAIN

I post this here. In 2009 there will be a pre-event occurrence visible across large swathes of the northern hemisphere. It is designed to spark interest in alien life beyond what it is now. Some may say this is not enough of a warning, well so be it. However, do bear in mind that when there are hundreds of photos and thousands of eye witnesses to a fleet of mile long glowing UFOs it is not real. It is a warming up event to garner belief in this up and coming 'alien invasion'. The threat will be hyped and hyped, until it reaches fever pitch. Then DK 2011 will hit.

Don't cut his words in half to fit your convoluted theory.
Did you see "a fleet of mile long glowing ufo's"
No?
So how is this 'prophesy' fulfilled?
???

Then you are saying that this thing goes into a spin in the last stage and perhaps starts spitting out warheads on pre-determined trajectores. Pretty awesome if true, but they would still be radar targets at any point, unless some kind of interference pattern is being produced to jam detection.

well put charlyv!!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Yeah, the first video is interesting. But the second one not so, because every actual view of some spiral/blackhole phenomenon in the sky is actual footage from the "Tromsø-Incidents" of December the 9th. One can see that by comparision with the Pictures from there.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
For me it's an end of - it was a Russian Bulava SLBM that was taken out by new NATO anti missile defense - either a rail gun projectile or directed energy weapon that is capable of taking out a missile in mid course.

Of course no one will admit to this as it would render any military sanctions or action against Iran or North Korea redundant it would also render pursuing a ICBM system absolute insanity. but I am sure Phage et all will studiously ignore this response.

NATO have been using the Bulava program as a testing platform for the new range of anti ballistic missile defense systems. Believe what you will.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I'm aware of the fact that it has been anounced before. The link to some "Googlemaps Mashup" with Navtex has been posted before.

NavtexGoogleMapsMashup, scroll up and right to see the area in question.

I didn't mean to say it was stealthy, or unannounced. Just that it did not head (north)eastwards, as stated by others. I mean it's no hard fact, just makes no sense with the photos which have been shot from too much distance for that, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Darknight - moon bombing - Russian "missile". Three pieces of a puzzle?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

Ok, but this being a 'scheduled' exercise, NATO reacting by testing a defense system over a sovereign nation would not be something they would do without announcing that intention beforehand. Just an observation.

[Edited for spelling]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by charlyv]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You guys aren't still up discussing this are you. Hell's bells and little fishes, isn't beddy bye time over in the US now.

I felt sure you all would have given up and gone nigh nigh now.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by JackWestJr]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by mrlondon

Ok, but this being a 'scheduled' exercise, NATO reacting by testing a defense system over a sovereign nation would not be something they would do without announcing that intention beforehand. Just an observation.

[Edited for spelling]

please think about it from a political point of view, they would surely not tell anyone that this type of weapon system is available to use and actually works beacause there are other agendas at play, which I stated in the previous reply.

Belive what you will.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ph00nknzarrk

It is a typographical error in the message.
Note the corrected coordinates:

NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA
65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E
66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E

NAVTEX

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join