It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must act now to save the planet *action required*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's really simple. Man actually made these volcanoe things your talking about. I think the OP blew the cover of this whole CO2 thingy.

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by downtown436

See now you're just trolling your own threads and have yet to provide a shred of proof to back up any assumptions.

Carbon dioxide (CO2)

Volcanoes release more than 130 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere every year. This colorless, odorless gas usually does not pose a direct hazard to life because it typically becomes diluted to low concentrations very quickly whether it is released continuously from the ground or during episodic eruptions. But in certain circumstances, CO2 may become concentrated at levels lethal to people and animals. Carbon dioxide gas is heavier than air and the gas can flow into in low-lying areas; breathing air with more than 30% CO2 can quickly induce unconsciousness and cause death. In volcanic or other areas where CO2 emissions occur, it is important to avoid small depressions and low areas that might be CO2 traps. The boundary between air and lethal gas can be extremely sharp; even a single step upslope may be adequate to escape death.

Maybe we should nuke every volcano too.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

I have to go back to work, at the coal fired power plant, I'll be back in a few thousand tons of CO2.

Rats on a stick!!!!!
How can you even call yourself human????
I'm getting the mods on this and you can EXPECT a warn or maybe a nudge, so you better get ready!

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
downtown436. I noticed the way you talk and act like joining the cult

I understand what you are doing, what you are doing is convince people how crazy the government is by making an ass of yourself and convince people to join and help save the earth from humans

I understand how you feel, by being serious or asking people to stop the government never work, so by acting like a idiot is logical choice to show people how stupid they can be, you are doing the right thing by showing progandda fear into these people to see the truth

The list you put is the most scary thing I ever seen than any horror films.

I understand how you feel, deep inside you, you are furious at the world falling down on the knee and worship the government using the population control for money

This is is nothing to do with earth, it's us, the government want more money and power but too many people.

I hope one day, there is hope for all of us when the government just go away.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yup, I am in agreement, humans produce about 1kg of CO2 per day. But your forgetting one important aspect. Humans lose about 60 % of their body heat through their head. I think if you look at the steady rate of population growth and the rate of global warming there is a correlation. So, I urge everyone to wear a hat to save the planet. Mine is made out of tinfoil-lined R20 housing insulation. Its also pink and stylish.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

dude seriously?

CO2 is not manmade... Where are your sources?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
CO2 is manmade yet animals exhale it? Trees take it in (and have since before people showed up). Isn't venus the planet with high levels of CO2 in its atmosphere? When did we go to venus?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

CO2 Has been on this planet for millions of years

DO YOUR RESEARCH

This is the most arrogant posting I've seen in years, where do you come from?? You seriously believe what you are saying dont you?! Please go back to school and educate yourself... do humanity a favor.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

He doesn't need your so-called 'sources'!
It's factual and verifiable on algore.com, so quit the name-calling.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What do you mean?
CO2 is not a man made gas. It's actually a very natural gas produced from respiration of plants and animals. It's humans who have unbalanced the different levels of CO2 due to fossil fuels(also a natural source of carbon).

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

dude seriously?

CO2 is not manmade... Where are your sources?

No it's true! In fact, chances are you are leaking 100% pure CO2 out of your backside as we speak. We are wretched creatures who naturally destroy the planet. There is no hope for us!

Not to worry though, as our good and loyal governments are hard at work for a solution! Sure, most of us will not live...but it's for the planet's own good!

Oh, and if you're not with us....YOU'RE A TERRORIST AND DESERVE TO DIE.

Have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This might be my favorite thread ever....if you can get another 40-50 people on here who don't get it, you are the champ...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
you peoples don't get it, it's obivous downtown is furious and anrgy at the goverment, read and look at the tones he made

link   
reply to post by Clearskies

That has got to be the worst disinformation campaign i've ever seen. Seriously. And I've not done any name calling. How old are yall??

Without CO2 on this planet all plants would die, all life support systems etc.

Trying to rid the planet of "planet killing gasses" would actually kill the planet... Or just turn it into another Plain ol Rock floating in the voids of space. Yes Coal burning needs to go away... but seriously... if you believe in killing off people to curb global warming, start with yourself and make an example.

link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac
This might be my favorite thread ever....if you can get another 40-50 people on here who don't get it, you are the champ...
I agree, they don't know what downtown is trying to said in our own words..

[edit on 8-12-2009 by IceDash]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Originally posted by Lavey2

-CO2 is not natural, (this is non-debatable, and 100% proven)

You are obviously talking through your teeth and not conducting any research!

First off, how is it not natural? WE emit carbon dioxide! I can't remember the last time I saw a laboratory in my lungs or a cows digestive track.

It is a fact, even in prehistoric times, CO2 was still being emitted. geyser's and volcano's are known to emit CO2.

The primary natural processes that release CO2 into the atmosphere (sources) and that remove CO2 from the atmosphere (sinks) are:

* Animal and plant respiration, by which oxygen and nutrients are converted into CO2 and energy, and plant photosynthesis by which CO2 is removed from the atmosphere and stored as carbon in plant biomass;

* Ocean-atmosphere exchange, in which the oceans absorb and release CO2 at the sea surface; and

* Volcanic eruptions, which release carbon from rocks deep in the Earth’s crust (this source is very small). www.epa.gov...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IceDash

Or maybe just keeping the thread going

Or maybe i wasn't reading the posts

Or maybe this thread has no valid point except to get laughs?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
C'mon guys we all know CO2 is not natural, geez, when did people become so dumb?

winding.... winding... winding...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by Clearskies

That has got to be the worst disinformation campaign i've ever seen. Seriously. And I've not done any name calling. How old are yall??

Without CO2 on this planet all plants would die, all life support systems etc.

Trying to rid the planet of "planet killing gasses" would actually kill the planet... Or just turn it into another Plain ol Rock floating in the voids of space. Yes Coal burning needs to go away... but seriously... if you believe in killing off people to curb global warming, start with yourself and make an example.

WOOW. I'm sorry, but you honestly think I'm being seriou-errr

I meaaan....WE MUST KILL PEOPLE FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET! It's a very noble cause you see! The world's governments have all agreed, it is US and US alone causing this hellish torture on the planet! Soon, our wonderful government will enforce THE PLAN and the planet will be SAVED

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Seriously now, see I'm completely serious. CO2 showed up a few years ago and it's all the nasty humans fault, if it weren't for them the furry little critters would be frolicking all over the place, same goes for the trees, though how a tree would frolick I don't know, but I'm sure it would if humans weren't here. Now if we could all just . . . well . . . not breath for a few days, or maybe breath into plastic bags, the plastic should beable to hold the eeeeeeeeeevil CO2 and maybe the CO2 levels' drop to a "safe" level.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i just got a flash of inspiration!

if we can somehow blow up the sun...we've at least eliminated the root of all causes in this here cursed and unnatural solar system.

okay, so - who's in?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join