It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must act now to save the planet *action required*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lol all these threads on global warming makes me wanna go outside and start my car and have a cigarette lol

No seriously anyone would think we were in the middle of an ice age move over SYD here I come

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OMG it is very scary how people are taking the OP seriously I mean you have to be thick to think otherwise come on people pay attention to what is really going on and get your heads out the sand.

link   
Nice work there OP. That's some hardcore sarcasm.

link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

Originally posted by downtown436

Originally posted by Lavey2
reply to post by downtown436

-CO2 is not natural, (this is non-debatable, and 100% proven)

You are obviously talking through your teeth and not conducting any research!

First off, how is it not natural? WE emit carbon dioxide! I can't remember the last time I saw a laboratory in my lungs or a cows digestive track.

It is a fact, even in prehistoric times, CO2 was still being emitted. geyser's and volcano's are known to emit CO2.

The primary natural processes that release CO2 into the atmosphere (sources) and that remove CO2 from the atmosphere (sinks) are:

* Animal and plant respiration, by which oxygen and nutrients are converted into CO2 and energy, and plant photosynthesis by which CO2 is removed from the atmosphere and stored as carbon in plant biomass;

* Ocean-atmosphere exchange, in which the oceans absorb and release CO2 at the sea surface; and

* Volcanic eruptions, which release carbon from rocks deep in the Earth’s crust (this source is very small). www.epa.gov...

Did you miss the "un-debateable" part?

It means the debate is over.

Scientists at the CRU all know the truth. They didn't fudge *ANY* numbers.
THE DEBATE IS OVER!!
THE DEBATE IS OVER!!
THE DEBATE IS OVER!!
THE DEBATE IS OVER!!

Science, and downtown win yet another argument.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WulfBand

It is truly a sad state of affairs that we live in and unfortunately when Ronald Regan let all the loonies go it just made things worse.
God Help You

God is helping me. Look how many replies my fantastic, non-sarcastic, and 100% factual thread have garnered.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I killed myself today but a damn dog found me and dragged me all the way to the ER! I'll try killing myself tomorrow. I may or may not let you know how that worked out for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthathurts
$0.02

It seems that some of us have denied ignorance to the detriment of our sense of humor.To me, not being able to make light of your own opinion shows a particular lack of perspective...just saying.
I think that if I read the sarcasm in the o.p. correctly, he/she fails to note that the problem with elevated CO2 levels is the possibility of them rising to levels not found in the past.Our CO2 production from cars, industry and yes even from our own breathing is compounded by rapidly diminishing forest and land for grazing cattle and other livestock is spreading in the clear- cut wake. They also contribute methane in measurable levels.
Any way, that'll be all from me.
S.T.H.

oh, also hemp,hemp,hemp!
4:1 hemp::wood pulp

[edit on 8-12-2009 by stopthathurts]

Exactly. We need to end CO2 here and now. Nature can live on without us, and without our filthy CO2. Lets take this planet to the next level of evolution, sterility, peace, and rocks.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks so much OP, I really had gotten so depressed about this, you made my day.
Maybe if we laugh at it hard enough the US congress will grow some balls and shut the EPA down?
oh, well nice daydream for about 10 seconds there anyway.
Sadly the EPA move means we just the cap half of cap n trade. Which hopefully will at least keep AL Baby from becoming a billionare next week.

I wonder if there is an 'end run' method in the wings to force health care too?

link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

Don't you realize the amount of CO2 you are putting out just but your self. Don't you trust our government? They would never lie to us. Big Brother loves you.That's why he must control every aspect of your life. Its for your own good. Don't you realize you are committing suicide by driving and heating your home or cooling it do do global warming. So you might as well end it now nice and painlessly, because its not going to be much fun when we burn ourselves to a crisp from all this CO2 that WE caused.

link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1

reply to post by InertiaZero

Exactly, has everyone been asleep this whole time? Humans are killing the earth! We need to start killing ourselves, and others. If you can kill 9 or 10 people today, that you will be doing a good job of saving Mother Earth.

I know this was said in a sarcastic way, but big brother might not take promoting the killing of 9 or 10 people in a joking way.

They are going to help me. They are working on it right now in Copenhagen. LOL

Downtown, and TPTB are real tight.

Like a hand in a glove.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grs9769
I killed myself today but a damn dog found me and dragged me all the way to the ER! I'll try killing myself tomorrow. I may or may not let you know how that worked out for me.

You really need to consider killing all those damned goody-two-shoes dogs first! We all appreciate your sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by andy1033

CO2 nonsense? Are you crazy?

CO2 IS AN EVIL MAN MADE POISONOUS GAS!

WE MUST FIGHT CO2!

Well thats enough reading of this ridiculous post from an obviously borderline retarded person. Good luck with your quest freak.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You really need to consider killing all those damned goody-two-shoes dogs first! We all appreciate your sacrifice.

This too funny Op I give you credit you really got all the stuff shirts and serious wannabe thinkers going. I will look forward to your next post.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1

reply to post by InertiaZero

Exactly, has everyone been asleep this whole time? Humans are killing the earth! We need to start killing ourselves, and others. If you can kill 9 or 10 people today, that you will be doing a good job of saving Mother Earth.

I know this was said in a sarcastic way, but big brother might not take promoting the killing of 9 or 10 people in a joking way.

They are going to help me. They are working on it right now in Copenhagen. LOL

Downtown, and TPTB are real tight.

Like a hand in a glove.
What a relief it is to know that they are going to fix our mistakes and make it all better. OH the guilt that I have over my contribution to the problem is insurmountable. At least tonight when I lay down to sleep and take that final rest, I can die peacefully knowing I have made their job just a little bit easier,

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zulu93

It is a common belief that all CO2 is manmade. The latest figures from actual science that I am aware of shows that nature is responsible for 96.8% of CO2, man is responsible for 3.2%. One major volcanic eruption spews more CO2 into the atmosphere than every vehicle that has ever operated on earth. The planet averages one major volcanic eruption of this type every decade. Combine these with the numerous minor volcanic eruptions, and manmade CO2 is rather insignificant.

Junk science. Pure and simple. We already covered it earlier in the thread.
The debate is over.
This thread is not for debating the causes of man made global warming.
The debate ended in 1979 when every single scientist, science journal, encyclopedia, university, and college, the internet, and EVERY educated man, woman, and some smart non-soccer playing kids decided it ended. WE ARE THROUGH WITH YOUR SILLY VOLCANIC CO2 THEORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wait a minute!
If we kill our co2-producing neighbors and ourselves right away, who will pay the carbon taxes???!!!
See what I'm getting at?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Wait a minute!
If we kill our co2-producing neighbors and ourselves right away, who will pay the carbon taxes???!!!
See what I'm getting at?

We'll just deduct it from your estate.
No need to worry, just die!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fever

Do stop breathing as you are adding CO2 to the atmosphere. Also, kill all of your relatives and friends, all of your pets and any insects that you can find before you do the final act of your sorry life.

I know that you're kidding because an ass would
post such stupid crap.

That is the plan man. I want to kill myself to stop man made CO2 caused man made global warming. You may join me. Save the planet and kill ourselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yeah, I will sleep very well tonight knowing that everything is not only going to be fixed, but the people with the power to do something about it, are right at this moment fixing the ever living B Jesus out of the problem right now!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've got an idea. Tell me what you think..........
We could get ALL of our savings, beg from neighbors, walk, bicycle to Copenhagen TONIGHT and after we pile the money at the entrance of the summit (hopefully they wouldnt arrest us and put us in those cages) we could do a MASSIVE Jonestown together with GRAPE(my favorite) coolaid?????!!!!!
we could take our pets with us!

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join