It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must act now to save the planet *action required*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

It is truly a sad state of affairs that we live in and unfortunately when Ronald Regan let all the loonies go it just made things worse.
God Help You

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You sound like an insurance adjuster using 'used car' salesmanship. I think you should worry about spending less on your car insurance then billing the White House.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
$0.02

It seems that some of us have denied ignorance to the detriment of our sense of humor.To me, not being able to make light of your own opinion shows a particular lack of perspective...just saying.
I think that if I read the sarcasm in the o.p. correctly, he/she fails to note that the problem with elevated CO2 levels is the possibility of them rising to levels not found in the past.Our CO2 production from cars, industry and yes even from our own breathing is compounded by rapidly diminishing forest and land for grazing cattle and other livestock is spreading in the clear- cut wake. They also contribute methane in measurable levels.
Any way, that'll be all from me.
S.T.H.

oh, also hemp,hemp,hemp!
4:1 hemp::wood pulp

[edit on 8-12-2009 by stopthathurts]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
screw all treehuggers with your stupid Prius's and moronic belief in Global Warming ( witch by the way, is a bunch of lying bull#).

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by InertiaZero

Exactly, has everyone been asleep this whole time? Humans are killing the earth! We need to start killing ourselves, and others. If you can kill 9 or 10 people today, that you will be doing a good job of saving Mother Earth.

I know this was said in a sarcastic way, but big brother might not take promoting the killing of 9 or 10 people in a joking way.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You seem to only be concerned with the noxious CO2 gas. What about methane? Now there is a real problem waiting in the wings. Killing off all the evil humans may help with the foul CO2 situation.

But methane will require the sacking of all those farting cows out there. We must first kill the cows all off before we start on humans. Why? Well, think. If we kill off all the humans, who will be left to kill the evil farting cows.

I say kill all the evil farting cows first and make the humans eat them. When we have eaten all the cows then we may turn on each other and recreate the Earth as it should be. Afterall, everything should be done ordrer... Last one left should turn out the light.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It is a common belief that all CO2 is manmade. The latest figures from actual science that I am aware of shows that nature is responsible for 96.8% of CO2, man is responsible for 3.2%. One major volcanic eruption spews more CO2 into the atmosphere than every vehicle that has ever operated on earth. The planet averages one major volcanic eruption of this type every decade. Combine these with the numerous minor volcanic eruptions, and manmade CO2 is rather insignificant.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In agreement with the OP, I propose we evaporate all the world's oceans. They take in CO2 then release it all over the Earth. Those damn oceans are just as bad as humans, animals, and volcanoes. I propose to to hell with the oceans and while doing that we can get of those damn whales too.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exlibertateveritas

Its the submarines fault. If it wasn't for the submarines us humans put in the ocean, the poor ocean wouldn't be getting blamed for this.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe how many people didn't get it. I agree that there must be humans on Venus driving V-8's playing soccer, They must be running some serious marathons as well. Maybe they've even evolved their society into a one world peaceful government

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

dude seriously?

CO2 is not manmade... Where are your sources?

My sources?

How about this one, read it and weep. All the data is there, unbiased, 100% proven, and backed by all scientists.
www.algore.com

BOOOOOYAAAAA!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
CO2 is manmade yet animals exhale it? Trees take it in (and have since before people showed up). Isn't venus the planet with high levels of CO2 in its atmosphere? When did we go to venus?

No. NO, NO, NO, NO!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

CO2 Has been on this planet for millions of years

DO YOUR RESEARCH

This is the most arrogant posting I've seen in years, where do you come from?? You seriously believe what you are saying dont you?! Please go back to school and educate yourself... do humanity a favor.

No it hasn't.

Everyone knows it too. That is why the angels in our world govt's are in copenhagen right now, fixing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prole1
What do you mean?
CO2 is not a man made gas. It's actually a very natural gas produced from respiration of plants and animals. It's humans who have unbalanced the different levels of CO2 due to fossil fuels(also a natural source of carbon).

I'm going to have to call BS.

CO2 is pure man made, nothing natural about it at all. It didn't exist in the Universe until the late 1800's.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh heres a link to the BEST climate change book evar!
ourchoicethebook.com...
and for those who dont believe it, Ive got three words! Manbearpig!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Do stop breathing as you are adding CO2 to the atmosphere. Also, kill all of your relatives and friends, all of your pets and any insects that you can find before you do the final act of your sorry life.

I know that you're kidding because an ass would
post such stupid crap.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceDash
you peoples don't get it, it's obivous downtown is furious and anrgy at the goverment, read and look at the tones he made

No, I love the gov't. It is obvious that they are saving us with carbon credits, and cap and trade.

I praise the hallowed ground that our gov't walks on. They are fixing all our problems right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Clearskies

That has got to be the worst disinformation campaign i've ever seen. Seriously. And I've not done any name calling. How old are yall??

Without CO2 on this planet all plants would die, all life support systems etc.

Trying to rid the planet of "planet killing gasses" would actually kill the planet... Or just turn it into another Plain ol Rock floating in the voids of space. Yes Coal burning needs to go away... but seriously... if you believe in killing off people to curb global warming, start with yourself and make an example.

Dude, where have you been, we want to strip mother earth naked, down to bare rock, so she can be happily sterile, like all the other happy, CO2 free planets in our solar system.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

dude seriously?

CO2 is not manmade... Where are your sources?

My sources?

How about this one, read it and weep. All the data is there, unbiased, 100% proven, and backed by all scientists.
www.algore.com

BOOOOOYAAAAA!

Please tell me this guy is joking!!

OP you dont really believe all this stuff ur saying? Like give ur head a shake laddy!! How about humans just learning to get along with the rest of nature instead of making it comform to our will. Everything is about balance.

If ur killing an animal for survival, that is one thing, but if its for pleasure, greed, or cuz its "cool", then imo that is sick and twisted and the person should have their head examined.

Killing urself is not going to help anyone. Especially urself. Global warming is a hoax. Are we polluting the planet? Yes absolutely. But to tax(penalize the people because elite say the world is warming up and its our fault, is complete BS.

This is natural process that takes places over and over again. Planet has been warming and cooling forever.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by rjmelter

Seriously now, see I'm completely serious. CO2 showed up a few years ago and it's all the nasty humans fault, if it weren't for them the furry little critters would be frolicking all over the place, same goes for the trees, though how a tree would frolick I don't know, but I'm sure it would if humans weren't here. Now if we could all just . . . well . . . not breath for a few days, or maybe breath into plastic bags, the plastic should beable to hold the eeeeeeeeeevil CO2 and maybe the CO2 levels' drop to a "safe" level.

Yes, it's good to see some intelligence around here, I was starting to doubt ATS in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join