It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU HAVE 30 MINUTES TO PACK UP! What do you pack? (this is an emergency scenario)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
THIS IS A FICTIONAL SCENARIO: Okay. So a meteor is going to hit earth in approximately 48 hours. The meteor is about the size of the one that wipe out the dinosaurs. The governments of the world has just announced this. Each of them has built a huge underground bunker that will house a select number of their populations. After several years, when things on the surface recover (assuming that they do), these survivors will rebuild civilization and re populate the globe. When the announcement of the coming disaster is made, an announcement about a lottery program is made as well. Each person has a chance to survive in the bunkers. If you are chosen, you will receive a phone call or email notifying you.

Well, you just got the notification. You have 30 minutes to pack up one large suitcase and one small backpack before the helicopter comes to get you. You will not need to bring food or water because they will be supplied at the bunker. So, the question here is, what would you bring (pack)? Will you bring family photos? Your jewelry? Your ipod? The choice is yours-but remember that what you pack might be the only one of its kind to survive the disaster.

For me, I would bring several sets of clothes, my ipod, my favorite books (Harry Potter, Alas Babylon, Tom Sawyer, ect.), digital camera, batteries, precious family memorabilia, and my laptop.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The frozen sperm and ovum of 20,000 diverse people??

You could fit that in a suit case sized thing right?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Would I be the only one of my family chosen? If that were the case then I would choose not to go and just perish or survive with my family.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Count me out.

I'll go down with the majority.

Just ain't worth the hassle of dealing with a lottery. I'll cherish my last moment with the ones I love.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wilt456

First of all excuse my ignorance as I know nothing of survival and never post in this forum ... though I do read a lot ...

And from what I've read, most folks have these backpacks packed, guns loaded, a plan, and are making jerky as we speak, never mind in case of an actual emergency. So it seems they don't really need 30 minutes ... heck I can get myself together in 30, and I have an espresso machine and a wife to pack.

But like I said, what do I know?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There have been a couple of threads fairly recently that include alternative books and videos that make ya think.
So I'd include those,a bible, probably as many encyclopdia's i could download.
Then, when we landed, I'd pass the disc with all that information on, only to a select few, so as to keep the cycle alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
ill just grab my already packed hiking bag and rifle ... and im out the door

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
mp3 player, couple changes of clothes, my jim marrs collection and a bottle of liquid refreshment,

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am already packed BUT not for the shelter. Survival gear, arms, knifes, food is already in the cabin in the boonies. Lots of amo and reloading supplies. Got three deer this year and it is all prosessed and put away for a rainy day or a decade.

Are you ready?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, since you going to a FULLY STOCKED bunker then what would it matter? My laptop and some games maybe? Prescription Meds.... Since food & survival don't appear to be issues what would it matter what you took?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i will pack a makeup bag nails and hair stuff, so the men then can worship me for the rest of the needs

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'd take my already go bag and for the next 28 minutes I'd be looking for anything else that I might be able to take if I have the option to carry extra. Those things would be another change of clothing, food & creative tools to allow me to contribute to a new world in some way that I'm rather good at. Whatever that may be.

Other than that I don't believe that the dinosaurs were wiped out that way, but that's another story. Only a matter of time before scientists reveal another more plausible scenario.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

i will pack a makeup bag nails and hair stuff, so the men then can worship me for the rest of the needs

ok there's men..women..and no laws...putting on makeup would be unwise...just and fyi.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxcosta
I am already packed BUT not for the shelter. Survival gear, arms, knifes, food is already in the cabin in the boonies.

Too bad. The squatters have beat you there. You're outnumbered. Where you gonna go now?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wilt456

Dear Wilt456

If such a thing were to happen you or I for that matter would have no call.

The survivors are already chosen, they have the lists they have had them for years and we are not on them any of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
if supplies were unecessoary I would just dump out my BOB and throw my consoles, game disks, networking kits, manuals, and laptop in. I would then grab my desktop and all accessories and toss it into my suitcase. As soon as we get to the bunker I will be popular by being able to create a massive library of media to have people share on their MP3 players.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wilt456

Jesus Christ dude..

find a better hobby.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Bunny Glamazon and one of her friends...........

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i'd bring body bags, rubber gloves, gas mask, steel toe boots, mop and bucket. just things that will make me useful in a bunker filled with people who won the lottery to survive. most would pack guns to blow each others brains out. some will commit suicide. rape and murder will be common. you'll get robbed for your ipod and laptop and/or killed. disease will spread, groups are going to form by ethnicity, people will drop like roaches. eventually everyone in the bunker will die a slow miserable death. in the highly unlikely chance that people do survive, they'll be reduced to to lowest common denominator with no interest to the survival of humanity. they too will eventually die without ever reproducing because all the females have already been raped and killed.

if the presence of authority was given, they'd be overrun within a few months. corruption and side picking are going to be inevitable. food would equal power and struggle to control said food would result in a war like state of the bunkers. i understand that some of you picture yourself laying on your bed in a nice comfortable room reading a book or talking to a bunk mate. you might think you can take a stroll around the bunker and see smiles everywhere. go eat dinner with friends and come back to a good night. i assure you this will not be how it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I don't pack anything.

I immediately check the trajectory of the Asteroid to find out if it's going to hit in this hemisphere or not...

This way I know if I have a few hrs or a few minutes

If I have very little time and it's this hemisphere, I take what I can grab, probably just my camera and go with them...

If it's far side, like China or Far pacific etc...

I'm heading down into a cave system I know and not going with them at all...

Last thing i'll want is to try and rebuild society with a bunch of characters chosen for a bunker who want to make rules and annoy the piss out of me...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join