It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU HAVE 30 MINUTES TO PACK UP! What do you pack? (this is an emergency scenario)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
reply to post by havok

This forum is called survival techniques.
Not exploration into what stuff you take in a "imaginary" scenario.

This thread belongs in the psychology forum.
It is a post in my thread "thread".

There will not be a lottery.
There is no lottery provisions in any preparedness plan.

If there is a a major meteor strike,like the "hypothesis" that one killed the dinosaurs,you will know well in advance of 30 mins, or not at all.

This scenario is flawed.

I wish ATS had a main survival forum with sub forums.
So that these "poo" threads could be composted and contained in the imaginary scenario forum.

The point of this thread isn't to find the loop hole in the scenario. It is to think about what you would bring on your survival journey into the bunkers and a post apocalyptic world.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The point of this thread isn't to find the loop hole in the scenario. It is to think about what you would bring on your survival journey into the bunkers and a post apocalyptic world.

So... role playing fantasy thread basically.

Well,the moment the door swings shut on your imaginary bunker that contains more supplies than reality,that I arrived at because of a call that will never happen,in a helicopter that doesn't show up,I'm going to grab a truck equipped with a welding rig and weld the doors closed,so that everyone stays in there.

Do you know why ?

Less fantasy roll playing threads in a "survival techniques" forum.

Did you break your xbox or something ?

In A real life SHTF situation dude,there is no reset button when you lose.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If I had 30 minutes? I'd have my bag ready to in 5 minutes, boot up my pc whilst I'm packing and spend the last 25 on my pc having the last modern warfare 2 fragfest.

Oh and shouting at the wife to get a move up as she tried to pack all her makeup, family photos, and snacks for me for the helo ride.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Your & My answers are probably the same.....you won't go. YOU won the ticket, not your family. Maybe you should reread the scenario....

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If I can't take my dog, I'll probably choose to stay.
But if I go, I'll also be working on the scenario that my time in the bunker might not last - or I might be on my own when I get out.
So - a couple of knives, pepperspray, multivits, warm weatherproof clothing, pain killers, first aid, needles and thread, flints, water purification tabs, gardening and other 'how to' manuals, seeds, moisturiser!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The only thing I'd bring is my acoustic guitar and a couple extra packs of strings.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Love it. That's using your head.... ummm well maybe something else.

Screw the lottery nonsense. Anyone remember how well Katrina went? Imagine the ridiculous feds trying to set up residence underground for years.... There are many cave systems that could come in handy for this type of situation. That's where I would go with my family and supplies. And the means to protect what I have.

Also pack warm to venture out into the new ice age.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My DSLR , Laptop, underwear and my James Taylor CD collection.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
1. Warm clothes.

2. Some 30 gal garbage bags.

3. A roll of string 30 lb test.

4. A box of matches in a plastic bag.

5. A sharp knife or hatchet.

6. A bottle of vitamins.

7. A bottle of Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen.

8. A roll of gauze.

9. A tube of triple antibiotic cream.

10. A large jar of peanut butter.

11. A box of salt packets.

12. A small canteen, pot (steel), and fork.

13. Biboculars.

Put this all in a nappy sack and them get moving. This list can be added to but weight should be considered. keep it light and tight, and stay out of sight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join