It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It is not a silly chain letter. It is a letter written by a man who values freedom and is unwilling to compromise his values.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This thread is stupid. I stopped reading at "Christian Nation." That letter is just rambling from some old codger, who cares?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

If you stopped reading over two words then you missed this man's true message and you sold yourself short. There is nothing wrong with what he said.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
reply to post by nixie_nox

It is not a silly chain letter. It is a letter written by a man who values freedom and is unwilling to compromise his values.

and someone sent it to a lot of people, and those people to more people, that is a chain letter.

And if someone valued their freedom and had an unwillingness to compromise, where were they when the patriot act was created? Where were they for the past 95 years when, year by year, our freedoms were stripped one by one?

And suddenly - they're speaking out? Our freedoms have only been taken by a "not black enough" half white guy secret muslim from Hawaii who smokes and worships satan.

lol and someone earlier called ME dramatic.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
has not spoken out about a government official until now.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

I Wonder Why...

.. Like many other Right-wings, their "warrior" spirit was released when Obama was elected...

.. I am not saying RACE was a factor in their decision to release their revolutionary spirit..but..one just wonders..

.. Also.. Christian Nation??.. this old geezer is kind of "over the hill" .. mentally..

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This thread and the letter are a perfect example of two things..

One is a true Patriot, a man of honor and value that knows the price of freedom.

The other is... well the rest...

Great Thread and Great Letter.

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Let's see how able you are to go and change things when you're 95. It is the younger generations duty to do it's part. He's done his and then some.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

If those two words were about oppressing every group that isn't in this man's group and the general tone of the letter is one of right-wing fear and propaganda, why the hell should I waste my time or energy to continue to read it. Face it this letter is stupid and meaningless, as well as this thread. It's just sentimental propaganda non-sense designed to drag a certain demographic into a thought structure that serves a purpose for a political cause. So I say again, who cares about this drivel?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Maybe because like so many of us that actually stood up and fought for our freedom, it is now that we see it slipping away..

Kind of hard to understand if you didn't bleed a little.

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Please don't tell me your posting silly internet email chain letters.

no,no

Thats a serious email chain letter

seriously silly

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yeah all the wars in the last 50 years were great. Absolute victories and completely just. We're soooo proud of the military.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
This thread and the letter are a perfect example of two things..

One is a true Patriot, a man of honor and value that knows the price of freedom.

The other is... well the rest...

Great Thread and Great Letter.

Semper

So then, only true patriots serve in the military? hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens are only what? Half patriots?

So then...Lee Harvey Oswald is a better American than I am?
This letter is sensationalism at its best. If his intentions were noble and true - and not just to detract a democratic president - then he would have wrote this letter a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nothing you say changes the FACT that you can say it because of men like us...

Disrespect all you want to, say all the childish things most people that never stood up say, it really is ok...

It's actually more than OK, it makes those of us that did stand up feel better; it shows us what we fought for..

Your freedoms

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Lee Harvey Oswald is a better American than I am?

Yep

While he made mistakes, he at least had the guts to serve...

Semper

[edit on 11/27/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You Putting on an uniform, carrying a -big-macho- rifle and killing innocent people DOES NOT GIVE ME FREEDOM...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

What does the Declaration of Independence say?

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

It's called the turning point where you are forced to act!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Apparently if you pick up a rifle and go oppress and murder people in the name of American business, capitalism, and interests, you all of a sudden have a more valuable opinion than people who didn't waste their time with all that non-sense.

Also, I don't remember you people crying like little kids when Bush was raping freedom, destroying the economy, and pushing the Patriot Acts. Funny thing about memory, it makes you people look like bigoted idiots.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Take your leftist bullcrap and put it somewhere else, you bash on them, but if it wasnt for them, youd be WISHING you could voice your sarcastic, narcissistic dribble, instead of cowing down behind a Nazi German flag

This man fought then so i could have freedom now.

The freedom to say "if you want my respect, you have to earn it, it doesn't come inherited with a sensationalized chain letter to a president you obviously despised because of his political views, not because his actions are different from the presidents before him"

So why chastise me for exercising that freedom?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The same military that secured your right to be so blatantly anti american and anti military. The same people that have allowed you to have all the things that you have or feel entitled to.

The same military that enabled us to be a nation of wealth, well atleast some wealth now days, if this administration doesnt squander it.

The same people with the moral fiber and intestinal fortitude to do the hard things that people now days are just complacent about. The younger generations now have lost their backbone, w the exception of those who fight (whether military or non military) to keep this countries value system in tact.

The very fact that you have the ability to be so self serving with out any consequences is testament. You owe everything you have to the people you are constantly putting down and attacking, if i were you, id not forget that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Snarf

Lee Harvey Oswald is a better American than I am?

Yep

While he made mistakes, he at least had the guts to serve...

Semper

[edit on 11/27/2009 by semperfortis]

Well, at least you can be honest about it.

I guess the 300 million non-military Americans in this country should just stop paying taxes then....see how many people sign up for the military if they're not getting paid for it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join