It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

How do we even know this letter is from a WW2 vet? There's a conspiracy... you know the point of this site. If it is, he might need to brush up on his English skills.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I fail to see how Semper aiding in the murder and oppression of non-whites for capitalistic gains would serve to change a document that was created in the 1780s. But hey if I was in his position, I would have to justify my wasted years too.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Polynomial C

Maybe because like so many of us that actually stood up and fought for our freedom, it is now that we see it slipping away..

Kind of hard to understand if you didn't bleed a little.

Semper

All good and fine -

I could have sworn it has been slipping a way for a while...

It is pretty amazing that everybody is waking up at this point in time, which might indicate it has more to do with the "man" than the actual offenses sighted.

Did this man send a letter when FISA was ratified?
Patriot act?
Or the beginning of STATE run, third tier secret justice system?

HE could have addressed his concern when political pressure could have prevented the above.

this motive seems more political than anything.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

There it goes. Since you have no argument you are now going to attempt to attack the integrity of someone far more greater in morality, courage, and honor than you. Lame!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

He has to earn it? he already has, what kind of delusional world are you living in? If anything we as a nation deserve to have to earn THEIR respect, as a whole we are tearing this nation apart with all this B.S

I dont chastise you for exercising that right, but I also dont have to agree with you, and also will remind you why you have that right in the first place.

A lot of people in this nation have become more about THEMSELVES and what they feel ENTITLED to , instead of being grateful for what they are given.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I'm just pointing out why his argument is stupid. Just like my pointing out why this thread is stupid. It's simple but you're blinded by your demographic and a false sense of patriotism which is actually just misdirected fear.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007

There it goes. Since you have no argument you are now going to attempt to attack the integrity of someone far more greater in morality, courage, and honor than you. Lame!

What is this mans first name?
DOB?
Place of birth?

do you know him, or are you applauding a work of fiction?

I could very easily create a similar piece of work, anyone can.

I personally do not care if it is real or not, but you are very convinced, breeding ground for propaganda.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is propaganda .. RIGHT- WING propaganda...

.. That is not the vocabulary of an 95-year-old geezer, i do not believe for one second this "letter" is factual..

.. Charlie Sheen?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You are a fool! I see the government taking my freedoms every single day and that is what I fear. It is not unfounded. This country has changed so much in the last 10 years or so I almost no longer recognize her. It pains me to see you and many others so unappreciative of the blessings of liberty as you spout off complete nonsense. This thread is not stupid and is relevant to the events that unfold daily around us.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
we have seen prime examples of true ignorance from this thread alone.

1.) The letter in the OP shows it because if this man were truly concerned, that letter would have been written a long time ago. It is politically biased in nature and sensationalized to appeal to the right wing of this country.

2.) We have already had some fellow men-in-uniform speak out and say anyone who is not in the military doesn't count for #, and are not considered real Americans. Its okay for them to fight for our freedoms, but its not okay for us to exercise them. Ok, if thats the case, give me back my tax dollars, and you can fight for someone else's freedoms, i'll take care of myself. I never asked you to do what you did, so don't pretend you're on a high horse.

3.) These same people have the gall to say that a Presidential assassin is more of an American than someone like me, a law abiding, tax paying citizen. Wow
i mean - can you imagine the arrogance that saying something like that takes? I guess he thinks this way since Kennedy was obviously a democrat...and why should republicans care about that?

All of which totally against the motto of this website. Both of which are disgustingly .... absurdly....appallingly void of fairness and intellect.

Both of which show that, regardless of what they may say, they're not different than anyone on the radical left, or on the radical "neither side of the aisle" approach.

Called by any other name, they'd still just being radical harbingers of complete and unadulterated ignorance.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here's how much this letter means...

I LOVE OBAMA! I LOVE DEATH PANELS! I'm so happy I killed all those Nazis back in the day to enable America to be as great as it is today. Praise Allah and keep 'em flying

Signed,
A WW2 Vet

Prove that letter isn't real.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

His name is at the end of the letter if you read it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

So now 95 yr old "geezers" dont have a very large vocabulary and cant write cognitive, well thought out letters? So now im taking it they are all old and stupid and dont have the capacity to sip their own soup, without choking?

Ever watch a WWII documentary with those old men on there talking about their experiences? They seem pretty w it to me, and they seem to be able to express themselves perfectly fine....infact in some cases , exquisitely articulate.

Go ahead and setup those straw men.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well I suppose you'll have to try to make contact with the man behind the name in the letter and ask him if he truly wrote it. Shouldn't be too hard. He told us where he lives and his name. Should be able to find a phone number to his retirement home and ask for him.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I wish we could go back to the day of Clinton too, but sadly we had a retard from Texas who completely raped the country while everyone sat on their hands. And now we have a black guy in office and all of a sudden everyone is losing their minds. Well at least there's always Canada. That's where I'm hoping to go but I pray you people stay behind and have all that non-sense you've perpetuated eat you alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually Clinton tried to go to war in the middle east as well. I'm thinking more along the lines of Reagan is where I'd like to be. This was obviously a ploy to bait me into furthering your stance that I'm just spouting right wing propaganda. I am not Republican though I can agree with a lot of their views. I am a Constitutionalist wishing for a return of the Great Republic!!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Whats funny to me is that this "black man" in office is raping the country with far more vigor than anyone has before, and all the "hand sitting" is being done by those who pointed the finger at conservatives and said we did nothing.

Hypocrisy much?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Care to list the freedoms you have lost?
Funny, I'm 56 years old and the country seems pretty much like it always has.Of course I'm probably not as "awake' or patriotic as you are!

The nation has had it's ups and downs, the lowest point ( in my opinion) was the Bush/Repub rape of the treasury and transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich.
As for freedom, you can still pretty much say and do what you want, even post stupid chain e mails on ATs, lie about Obama and whine like a little girl!
Ain't freedom grand!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
This thread and the letter are a perfect example of two things..

One is a true Patriot, a man of honor and value that knows the price of freedom.

The other is... well the rest...

Great Thread and Great Letter.

Semper

So im curious if you would think the same thing, and support a fellow troop, for any of the following? I also wonder if the "author" of the letter contained in the OP would think the same way.

Solders against Dont Ask Dont Tell

Veterans against the war

veterans against bush

So - what about the Men and Women in uniform that DO NOT fit the republican mold?

Do you support their opinions as well, and consider them to be the superior race of Americans?

Or are they just a bunch of Benedict Arnolds?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gee, whilel my Webster Dictionary of the English Language says that a bow can show submission, it also clearly states that it CAN be intended to show courtesty and/or respect.

So what angle did Obama use when bowing? 10 degrees? 45? More? Anybody complain when Reagan gave a courtest nod to Queen Elizabeth?

Be practical, stop showing submission to Toyota and Mitsubishi and start showing it to GM and Ford whydoncha?

For those of you who have owned a car by Mitsubishi, remember they also brought us the Zero warplane so well remembered in WW2. One of those flown by a Kamakaze hit the ship my dad was on.

I say, lighten up on this a bit. And show a little courtesy to our current president. God Bless America

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join