It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Oh, really? The US military has killed 100,000 civilian in Iraq? Got a source to back that figure up?

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Direct result of our invasion.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11
They are all the same!!! Who's the moron the one that knows he is or the one who continues to argue???Its a compliment to me.

Its a shame they let cowards vote!!!You would piss your pants if someone came to your door !!!Im too old the numbers would be a lot higher if I was there!!

Besides I already did my tour!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Your facetious satire is absolutely, utterly, and wickedly genius! Brilliant commentary indeed, and thank you for posting this story.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Oh, really? The US military has killed 100,000 civilian in Iraq? Got a source to back that figure up?

www.iraqbodycount.org...

I do wonder just how much support there would be for the War on Terror if instead of aircraft nose taken video clips of bombs detonating in grainy black and white footage on top of buildings it was full color and full sound video of what happens inside those buildings to women, children, babies and the elderly when those bombs hit.

I wonder how much support for the War on Terror there would be if every time they named the one or two Americans that die in Iraq or Afghanistan on any given day they named the scores of names of Iraqi and Afghani civilians killed every day and their ages right along side of them.

I wonder how much support for the War on Terror there would be if they showed the caskets of U.S. Service members coming home and videos of the hospital wards where not just Americans missing limbs and tragically disfigured recuperate but the hospitals were Iraqi and Afghani children, babies, women and the elderly are missing limbs and tragically disfigured try to recuperate.

The problem with the War on Terror is how the mainstream media presents it like a football game of us versus them with just those scores that make it look like we are winning some neat clean esoteric struggle where all the anonymous and unreported deaths of civilians in these war zones and all the billions of dollars in property destroyed in these war zones and all the sights and sounds from these war zones never enter into some neat little black and white picture that’s been painted in far too many citizens minds.

When the dust settles centuries from now the War on Terror will probably be written as one of the ugliest and most shameful chapters of human history.

The funny thing is that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Ben Franklin et al were considered terrorists in their day too. By today’s standards they would be labeled as right wing extremists arrested without charge and held in secret prisons and subjected to secret courts and water boarding!

It really is a crime what the Military Industrial Complex is doing to the world and this nation. As frustrating as some of the brainwashed types are to try to converse with its pretty clear they are all victims too of something as evil and sinister as the day is long.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Whenever one side of a war fights back, more people will inevitably be killed as a result of such. Have you never heard of the saying "It will get worse, before it gets better"? There is a full amount of truth in that statement, and I dare you for one minute to think about all of the Americans who could be dead by now if we had never taken on Jihadi extremists head on, instead of waiting for them to find other safe-havens from which they could/can launch attacks upon our Mainland.

Also, when you state that the deaths are a "Direct result of our invasion", you are factually incorrect. They are a secondary result of our Invasion, because without the imported Chechens, Iranians, and Jihadis from the world over, there never would have been even a fraction of those numbers killed in OIF. We took over Iraq in a fairly smooth manner, and there were only minimally armed and minimally sized pockets of resistance within that Nation. That was until the Mullahs began to declare Iraq as the main staging point for Jihad, and subsequently many of the Global Jihadi networks began to step aside from OEF, and instead engage us in OIF. DO not forget as well, that it was a majority of the IRAQI people themselves who stood alongside us and fought against the invading Islamic Extremists, because even they realized that we came in under relative stability, and it was the imported terrorist organizations who were bringing about the skyrocketing casualties.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
They are all the same!!!

Why are they "all the same"? Because you're a bigot/racist?

Its a shame they let cowards vote!!!You would piss your pants if someone came to your door !!!Im too old the numbers would be a lot higher if I was there!!

Besides I already did my tour!!

Too old to remember who was behind 9/11 too, apparently.

You are welcome to look me up if you really want to come see me 'piss my pants.' 293 Drake Trail, Cloverdale VA.

You've made yourself clear enough. I don't have anything else to say to such a windbag, who doesn't even know Iraq wasn't behind 9/11, thinks all Middle Easterners are "the same," etc. There's my address if you want to come prove your manhood to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I do wonder just how much support there would be for the War on Terror if instead of aircraft nose taken video clips of bombs detonating in grainy black and white footage on top of buildings it was full color and full sound video of what happens inside those buildings to women, children, babies and the elderly when those bombs hit.

I wonder how much support for the War on Terror there would be if they showed the caskets of U.S. Service members coming home and videos of the hospital wards where not just Americans missing limbs and tragically disfigured recuperate but the hospitals were Iraqi and Afghani children, babies, women and the elderly are missing limbs and tragically disfigured try to recuperate.

The funny thing is that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Ben Franklin et al were considered terrorists in their day too. By today’s standards they would be labeled as right wing extremists arrested without charge and held in secret prisons and subjected to secret courts and water boarding!

It really is a crime what the Military Industrial Complex is doing to the world and this nation. As frustrating as some of the brainwashed types are to try to converse with its pretty clear they are all victims too of something as evil and sinister as the day is long.

Maybe you would actually understand the WOT if you saw firsthand the towers collapse, or you visited the Pentagon and saw the damage up close and personal (As I did).

Also, I truly hope that you are not equating Jihadi Terrorists to our Founding Fathers. I understand your statement about our Founders, but please, they were moral individuals attempting to establish a better future for all, they were not doing the evil and sadistic things which these Jihadis routinely take part in.

In terms of the "Military Industrial Complex", I hope that you are not using that as a code word for the men and women who serve in our Military, because I would expect that someone could separate the two.

[edit on 11-25-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I wonder how much support for the War on Terror there would be if every time they named the one or two Americans that die in Iraq or Afghanistan on any given day they named the scores of names of Iraqi and Afghani civilians killed every day and their ages right along side of them.

I have a feeling you would still have your blow-hards here listening to babies dying and saying "YEEEHAAAW!!"

Why am I reminded of Dr. Strangelove?

It does make you wonder, though, how much things would be different if the media DID report those things, and not just our soldiers deaths, as if our soldiers are only life that matters over there.

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Whenever one side of a war fights back, more people will inevitably be killed as a result of such.

Oh, ok, my conscience feels so much better now. So it's nobody's fault when Iraqi women and children are killed by our bombs.

Did I mention Iraq wasn't making more WMDs, and they weren't responsible for 9/11 in the least? Don't guess that matters, either. Again -- nobody's fault!!

Also, when you state that the deaths are a "Direct result of our invasion", you are factually incorrect. They are a secondary result of our Invasion, because without the imported Chechens, Iranians, and Jihadis from the world over, there never would have been even a fraction of those numbers killed in OIF.

And those people wouldn't be there if not for us. Again, we started that mess by invading them for NO GOOD REASON in the first place.

You think I'm just talking crap about America, but damn it this mess is SOMEBODY'S fault, not ALL Americans faults, but SOMEONE's, and sitting back and acting like nothing bad is happening is about as unpatriotic and asinine as you can get. You should be willing to do something about this, that isn't just 'kill more Iraqis -- just stay there and keep killing them!' You aren't helping anybody but mega military corporations. Everyone else is a victim, including our own soldiers. Vietnam all over again, but STUPIDER.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Sorry, try again. I want a source that shows exactly how many civilians were killed by US Forces. That site just shows total dead (and it's not completely accurate, either).

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I didn't say US soldiers killed over 100,000 people, I said our invasion did.

And you're right -- the numbers ARE inaccurate. Because our military doesn't report all the people they kill when they bomb residential areas, etc. Like the general quoted on that page says -- they don't do body counts.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Vietnam all over again...

Give me a break. That statement makes about as much sense as "War for Oil". Everyone loves to use it, but really don't have a clue about the history of these conflicts.

And you get all fired up over civilian deaths. That's fair, but realize that the huge majority of the civilians being killed over there are by insurgents, not US forces.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And you're right -- the numbers ARE inaccurate. Because our military doesn't report all the people they kill when they bomb residential areas, etc. Like the general quoted on that page says -- they don't do body counts.

And the US wouldn't be having to strike in residential areas if insurgents weren't using civilians as human shields. I guess their views of "human rights" are just a tad different then anyone elses.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

And you get all fired up over civilian deaths. That's fair, but realize that the huge majority of the civilians being killed over there are by insurgents, not US forces.

I don't know how you would know, considering our military doesn't count civilian bodies that they've murdered.

You keep on having faith in your MSM.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

And the US wouldn't be having to strike in residential areas if insurgents weren't using civilians as human shields.

The word "insurgent" also applies to Iraqi citizens who feel they are defending their country against foreign invaders.

They LIVE in Iraq.

We have no business being there in the first place. There is no excuse for intentionally bombing ANY residential areas. If they are shooting at you from residential areas -- get the hell out of there! We don't need to BE there in the first place! Put down your stupid pride.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11
I don't have to prove anything!!! Not to you anyway!!What branch of the service did you serve?Hypocrite you preach peace but your tone is hostile!I wouldn't waste my time visiting you!!!I see enough cowards daily, men who hide behind their B.S.The stain running down your driveway,what would your friends say??

In for the free ride??? Another great American who hides behind the keyboard!!!Have a good Thanksgiving !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
In for the free ride??? Another great American who hides behind the keyboard!!!Have a good Thanksgiving !!!

Rofl, I just gave you my address.

And hell no I'm not enlisting, because I KNOW where I would go and there is no way in HELL I'm fighting these STUPID wars for anybody. Go ahead and think you're a macho man, I think you're a Fascist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
You sir need some adjustment in your thinking. To even compare beheadings with a busted lip......wow.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Maybe you would actually understand the WOT if you saw firsthand the towers collapse, or you visited the Pentagon and saw the damage up close and personal (As I did).

Oh in fact I understand the psychological disorder known as transference quite well my friend. That’s when someone takes an unrelated set of circumstances and attaches it to someone else totally and wholly unrelated to fulfill some deep seeded emotional psychosis.

Terror by the way would be a extreme state of mental psychosis also and clearly many have been traumatized by what you describe you have witnessed and many people are having trouble coming to grips with it which is what has caused many people to use emotional transference to justify MURDER.

Which one of the 19 ALLEGED SAUDIA ARABIAN hijackers never tried or convicted in a court of law do people IMAGINES was from IRAQ and had anything to do with what happened on September 11th.

How does the destruction of property and murder committed in America by 19 people have to do with hundreds of thousands innocent men, women and children in Iraq & Afghanistan BUTCHERED because of that?

Honestly I don’t think many people understand they are being TERRORIZED by the government and media to TRANSFER AN EXTREME STATE OF EMOTIONAL AGITATION to condone the MURDER of tens upon tens upon tens of thousands of INNOCENT people.

I think I understand the War on Terror quite well and don’t suffer from TRANSFERENCE ISSUES because I don’t allow my government or media to TRAUMITIZE me and I am EMOTIONALLY MATURE enough to know the difference between involved people and UN-INVOLVED people when ASSESSING not transferring guilt and responsibility.

I personally recommend people who have been so traumatized by the government and the media that they are transferring rage into an advocacy for murder of innocent men, women and children seek professional psychiatric help right away.

I also recommend some people NOT watch the mainstream news media until the reach a certain level of emotional maturity and can separate fact from editorialized and politically motivated fiction.

These insane and dubious vague wars that are tantamount to little but Islamic attrition have created trillions of dollars of debt for the U.S. Citizen and Treasury.

The interest on the National Debt alone will soon reach 1 Trillion Dollars annually. That’s about 10% of our gross national product just in Interest to the BANKS to PAY THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX TO MURDER THESE PEOPLE.

This transference of rage and it’s manipulation for profit by the Military Industrial Complex and Banks is ENSLAVING every man woman and child to become a SLAVE to DEBT.

The War on Terror in all reality is about the most self defeating and destructive thing to America that could possibly be done.

Who amongst us is that sure that anger over what 19 alleged extremist radical Muslims did as 19 individuals is worth the price we are paying and inflicting for this emotional hissy fit?

[edit on 25/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Aren't some of you guys protesting this basically viewed as domestic terrorists in the eyes of your own government?

They'll brand any and everyone they want as a terrorist just to further their own selfish agenda, they don't give a damn about you.

Freedom fighter or terrorist is just a point of view, some of you ultra patriotic guys are the same people that would've become "terrorists" had you been born in Iraq or Afghanistan, without a doubt.

I too would have been one of the first to brandish a weapon and fight for my people if my country was being invaded by foreign enemies.

I agree that this whole scenario is ridiculous in the extreme, but so are the war on terrorism in and of itself, at least that's what I think.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No one on this planet prays that the seals are heroes.. here is a recording(at the end) of the former head of the navy seals, number two man for special warfare's wife,, I trusted you with my life.. so again not even there wife's or kids hope for it more than me cause am in a lot of trouble and could possibly die from putting my life in there hands so again..if you are good would you please arrest someone from the al qaeda message the days are pregnant so i can live and have a wife and family some day>??cause as long as a foreigner is on TV selling my intellectual property am as much as a dead man.. and you can all hear the recordings... that is Steve Ahlbergs wife terry.... who I hoped was nice.. but my reality is different than what I would have ever thought.... So if the USA navy s doing good around the world here s thee chance to prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join