It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Maybe they should just apply the old theory that if a man breaks into your home, shoot him dead. Dead men don't file accusations against their attackers.

Look I am in no way for torture or any of that mess, but when you call in the SEALS's it is quite likely going to be messy.

This is one of those organizations that will do that which must be done when no one else will or can. The actions of these guys most often times save lives enmasse.

Rarely, but every once in a while there are those that just have to die.

We must use these resources with caution, but we dont get to gripe about the outcome of cutting them loose when they are deployed.

It is reasonable to expect that an operation like this may quite likely be a little messy, these things rarely go as planned and there are many coefficients which tend to keep things from going off exactly as planned.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

The headline is a lie...he faces charges for popping the guy. Why the Bravo Sierra from Fox...case won't stand up on its own?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Given the circumstances, it is still laughable to find this report news worthy. Mr Ali baba probably was spouting off at the lip making some snide comments, or taunting the SEALs.

I personally don't care if they skull dragged his arse across the mountainside they found him shivering in. Terrorists are cowards and non uniformed enemy combatants. They have no Geneva rights because they are not uniformed. They have no civil rights because they dont exist over in the middle east.

They are lucky to see the time of day where people will cry poor terrorist and know such.

Honestly, I would have knocked him out and left a note tied around his neck so when he woke up, he could read it as a reminder of what not to do.

Detainee abuse, sheet man it's not like they sent him to the Horse track or Uzbekistan via a CIA rendition. Hell they would have boiled him alive while removing his finger nails.

That, that is abuse of human rights in general.

A punch to the face, please this is a media stunt distracting EVERY ONE for the real story.

9/11 terrorists are going to be in court very soon, quick distract the masses with more bread and circuses...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well we do have have other ways of dealing with hajji
that don't involve needless physical contact

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

who's freedom are they fighting for?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I see two things happening from this.

1) Our armed forces are finally waking up to see who the REAL enemy is. The American people are with you soldier.

2) This is adding more fuel to the fire. Keep it up elites.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
if they shot him would they be on trial for murder?

what a joke!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

9/11 terrorists are going to be in court very soon, quick distract the masses with more bread and circuses...

they're bringing in cheney, bush, wolfowitz, rumsfeld, pearle, etc?

AWESOME!!! i never thought i'd see the day.

edited "though" into "thought"

narf

[edit on 25-11-2009 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The bastard is a terrorist, not a red cross volunteer for crying out loud.
The SOB is lucky he didn't get his jaw broken and his limbs hog tied behind his back.

I guess we should just beat the heck out of anybody, or even shoot him or her in the head, or torture anyone we like, when our military feels like it, when our military assumes anyone is guilty of being a terrorist don’t you agree? Why bother with courtrooms and trials I mean anyone that fit a certain criteria that we think is a terrorist should be just shot don’t you agree? What dose that make us?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by impressme]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Is that what I said?

Not sure if your impression of my words is the same every one else got, so please feel free to contrast the differences.

It doesn't matter to me if he goes to trial or is tossed out of a plane mid transit. A court process is going to be a f'n joke any way, if it isn't converted to a kangaroo court at that.

What jury is not going to be biased, oh yeah one which as bleeding heart sympathizers I suppose.

You want to make what I said out to be more than it is, have at it.

My point was, the alleged terrorist is lucky that is all he got. The fact the media is running with it is because people are eating it up, and further polarisation of the masses is exactly what they want.

So go ahead, twist my god damn words into some crap that suits your fancy. But don't expect me to lightly take your vague insult towards my stance on humane treatment.

My words say exactly what I intended, yours do not.

But hey, that's where the whole communication thing goes wrong. Misunderstandings and or deliberate re interpretation of what was communicated.

Obviously we have a conflicting corrospondance here, so be it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Let no man say that American troops are not held to the highest professional standards.

Whatever. That's the whole reason this is even a news story.
It's publicity.

If you want real war crime horror stories, look up some of the soldiers who have come back talking about our soldiers shooting civilians. If you don't think that stuff happens then there is a word for you -- "naive."

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Er.. This guy wasn't on the most wanted list just for trying to defend his country. They put you on the most wanted list for offensive crimes against this country. Sure the Navy Seals didn't go by the book but it may have been necessary to detain this criminal. If it was excessive force unjustified then yes, the Navy Seals should be punished. Fair is fair. But, this will have to be investigated in the light of the Law in this case and the mandate the seals were under. It will all come out in trail - just as this criminal they captured will have his trail.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
you guys seemed to have missed the bit where he gave a false statement...

dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

now i support any soldiers doing thier jobs, and doingthem well. but a false statement brings all of this into question. if they were just doing thier job. which for seals is one hell of a hard time... why make up sh*t about it.

just asking...

ya know.. Olly North lied and he got away with it!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I see that America is now succombing to the same politically corret BS that Europe has been under for more than a decade now.

We should not have any illusions about these terrorists. These guys are islamic fundamentalists that despise the west. Their goal is world domination and extermination of everything that does not fit their medieval take on religion, and oppression of everyone else.

They despise fundamental 'western' rights like fair trail, separation between state and church or mosque, equality of men an women, etc.

I never quite understood why we should give them all the rights they are trying to destroy in the first place?

Poor mister *SNIP* had a bloody lip!! Boohoo! I mean, should the seals have asked him politely to please come along?? It would have been better to have shot him on the spot. Hell, it would be better to nuke this entire miserable desert countries, so our boys and girls don't have to lose their lives there.

We should be proud of our troops that are putting their lives on the line every day to combat these primitives. We should be thankful!

We should also be proud of our civilisation and society that is about 500 years more advanced than the islamist sharia model.

I begin to think more and more that this misplaced political correctness be a part of a conspiracy by the islamists, the european left wingers and now Hussein Obama to hasten Islam domination of the world, and catpult us 500 years back in time?

MOD NOTE: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

[edit on 25-11-2009 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by McFlemish
I never quite understood why we should give them all the rights they are trying to destroy in the first place?

Poor mister r*ghead had a bloody lip!! Boohoo! I mean, should the seals have asked him politely to please come along?? It would have been better to have shot him on the spot. Hell, it would be better to nuke this entire miserable desert countries, so our boys and girls don't have to lose their lives there.

So how many people have to start thinking like this poster before we can officially declare that we've been reduced to the bad guys' level...meaning that they won?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am 99% certain that this is a sarcastic post but I am just double checking?

Second line ... this is important.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thank you Ashcroft, Thank you Gonzales, and Thank you Holder for laying the ground work for some of the stupidest wastes of energy, time, money and lives. Un freakin Believable.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So a bloody lips proves he was assaulted unnecessarily? How do we know his injury didn't come from him resisting capture/arrest? My guess is that this will result in no formal charges...or at least, no convictions.

Is there video of his "capture"? If not, I would say he doesn't have much to go on in terms of the assault accusations.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Even if no charges are filed, and there shouldn't be, they were wise to retain legal council. Only a fool wouldn't...

As for Mr. bloody lipped maybe terrorist? Ooops. sorry 'bout that.

This is BS. These seals are our best and brightest, not to mention toughest...and this is how they're treated? It's a wonder anyone wants the job.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

wow - first time i've seen someone actually stand up for a high-risk terrorist target.

Does the article mention that there may have been a struggle? And the bloody lip was a result of such struggle?

Of course it doesn't, because then the fringe radical far left point of view loses focus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join