It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I think there may have been more than a little sarcasm present in the OP's opening post...

If you look back at his postings, you'll see little, if any, defense of terrorism, or their practitioners...

[edit on 11/25/2009 by seagull]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well maybe some good will come out of this. We can't be giving our captured terrorists black eyes and bloody lips because it is against the Geneva Convention regarding prisoners of war concerning their treatment. Next time, hopefully the SEALs will just bring them back in a body bag and bypass all of this BS

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Rabid , Abed was lucky he didn't get one warning shot ...

......... to the head !

STOP clubbing SEALS !

[edit on 25-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well obviously if the injuries sustained were inflicted during the capture of the suspect then there ought be no case whatsoever. Its quite hard during a tense and dangerous situation to act for the safety of someone who would shoot you right in the face. And to be honest, I dont think anyone in thier right , or even in thier wrong mind, would expect a terror suspect to be wrapped in cotton wool during a capture phase of such a mission.
However seems clear to me that if the subject has been detained and therefore restrained, there is no need to beat them even a little bit. Of course if he went for a gun, or tried to escape then of course preventing that comes before his physical well being .
Its all about context.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
And people wonder why it is a bad idea to give Foreign people captured on the battle field civilian trials?

The more i dig deeper into your society the more hypocrisy and the more superficial christian values you people have.

America for me is a real pagan country,a nd by that i mean, i real under current of vendettas and hate emerges.

I just listened to a radio show, and it was just absolute hate for any other human, and i am amazed that this under current is in america.

No wonder you guys are the biggest bullies in the world, and if you have those laws, then you have to try those people under those laws, like any other country does.

Amazing, how anyone thinks america is a christian country, lol. I never really understood the hate that pagans, felt about people before, but i got a sense of it, in this radio show.

No wonder people like jfk, and bobby kennedy never got any where.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
[sarcasm] Thank God! I feel so much safer now knowing that the Navy won't tolerate violence from warfighters! It send chills up my spine thinking that these guys might have punched a HVT in the mouth when he did nothing more than orchestrate a terrorist attack that resulted in the death of Americans. [/sarcasm]

That they refused NJP is telling. Refusing NJP just shows how absurd they think the charges are.

Sorry, these guys are SEALs, not freakin' cops.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I would star and flag your reply (ADVISOR) a hundred times if I could!!!

Michael Savage said it yesterday, Everything is Upside Down!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'll say again that this is just publicity to distract from REAL war crimes the US is perpetrating.

There are soldiers on record stating they witnessed civilians, whole families, being shot in Iraq. This kind of stuff is out there. And if you don't think it happens then you are being naive.

This thread is about a non-issue, just trying to paint a delusional picture that our troops can't even punch somebody over there without getting in trouble. Not true at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Dude, don't tell me you believe the hype. Do you honestly think that every US troop in Iraq is engaging in some sort of warcrime???

Do they occur? Yes, they do.

Do US troops commit them? On occasion, they do.

Do all US troops commit them, or are they remotely common? Nope.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes i believe he does. I ran into this last night on another tread. Seem it's popular to bash everything America does with no credible evidence. I heard that the Iraqi security forces had this suspect before handing him over to the Seals,not sure though,let's let the facts come out before charging these guys with abuse.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Dude, don't tell me you believe the hype. Do you honestly think that every US troop in Iraq is engaging in some sort of warcrime???

Do they occur? Yes, they do.

Do US troops commit them? On occasion, they do.

My point exactly.

We are in agreement.

Do all US troops commit them, or are they remotely common? Nope.

Can you find anywhere in my posts where I ever said as much? Obviously not.

Grady posted on page 1 of this thread saying something along the lines of 'Let no man say that US forces aren't held to the highest professional standards'... To that I say, bullocks. And you even agree with me.

This thing about, "Oh this SEAL punched a guy, wow! Never seen that before!" is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever read.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The seals should be punished for bringing them back!!! Tiss, tiss,tiss, poor guy most of you hypocrites would piss your pants if you were over there.
I guess thats why most of you never joined the service.

There are no innocents in war, if a country harbors terrorists make them pay.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
There are no innocents in war, if a country harbors terrorists make them pay.

Um, aren't we talking about Iraq?

Saying every person in Iraq is a terrorist is about the most hateful and asinine thing I have yet to read on this thread. It's people like you that make me wish the US had been invaded instead.

Then maybe you would be getting a taste of your own medicine at the hands of ruthless foreigners.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We did what do you think 9/11 was about???

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
We did what do you think 9/11 was about???

Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.

Fail.

Not to mention, 3000 civilians died on 9/11. In Iraq alone, a country totally unrelated to those attacks, we have killed over 100,000 civilians.

Like I said, it's people like you, man. It's people like you that make me so frustrated with how stupid and hateful this country has become. You deserve a taste of what you're calling for.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I might not be smart but I do know its always about oil.I also know its guys like you who cower when under fire.Your right we should thank all the countries who harbor terrorists.

Why don't you move to another country???Iraq sounds like a nice place!!!Give them hugs and tell them it will be fine.I hope your not a hypocrite that uses oil or gas???If you do then your part of the problem.

9/11 was a cowards act ,Iraq,Iran its all the same .You can add Israel to the list of countries that promote terrorism worldwide.

Hide in your hole let the real men defend you!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Agreement, huh? I seriously freakin' doubt that. By your first post, your tone is that all US troops are committing warcrimes on a daily basis.

Research, Craftsman. How many "warcrimes" has the US committed in Iraq? And how many troops have been deployed in that AOR? I'll make it easy for you: It's a very small percentage that have had any such accusations like that.

And US troops are being held accountable to a high standard. Anyone that has gone against established ROE has been punished.

Things like that happen to all armies; don't go fooling yourself into thinking it's just the US military that's doing it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Not to mention, 3000 civilians died on 9/11. In Iraq alone, a country totally unrelated to those attacks, we have killed over 100,000 civilians.

Oh, really? The US military has killed 100,000 civilian in Iraq? Got a source to back that figure up?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fishing

Why don't YOU enlist and go fight these people you think are such a threat to you?

I'll move when somebody comes here and MAKES me move. Until then, I have just as much of a vote here as YOU do. I also have the right to defend my property, thank you very much!

If you want to better this country, you can start with educating yourself as to who was responsible for 9/11 -- because it wasn't Iraq. And then you can follow that with the realization that not all Iraqis are terrorists -- not even close.

Before you start telling me 'what for' you might at least want to get that much straight. You don't even know who was responsible for 9/11 and you can't even tell Arabic countries apart. Yet you call for more death and destruction in totally unrelated countries. You are the terrorist sympathizer.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Agreement, huh? I seriously freakin' doubt that. By your first post, your tone is that all US troops are committing warcrimes on a daily basis.

Can you explain how you derived such an explicit statement from my "tone"?

This will be interesting to hear, especially since I never made or even intended on making that assertion.

You already admitted that it does happen. Agreed. End of discussion. You're just trolling for an argument now because that's what trolls do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join