It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
If being a hypocrite is the standard for being inaccurate, the US govt can be ignored forever and Websters can re-define hypocrite as "See the life of george w the bush".

"Hypocritical governments". Sorry, that fits every nation's government out there.

Just admit you don't care the USA is violating all kinds of international laws, its more intellectually honest than the tired tactic of silly verbal attacks targeted at those you disagree with.

Then how come every nation on this planet isn't coming over to the US and pounding a mud puddle in the middle of our collective chests? If this is so freakin' horrible, if the war is such a crime, how come economy-killing sanctions aren't being dumped on the US? How come our citizens aren't being attacked in the streets and strung up? How come every UN meeting isn't something that's crippling to the US to keep us from continuing the war in Iraq?

"Silly verbal attacks?" Did I hurt your feelings?

Nationalistic intoxication is a powerful drunk. A political party from the 1930s, the nazi party, understood this and drowned Germany in nationalism kool-aid.. they too defended the fatherlands actions as righteous.. regardless of what foreigners had to say. Another political party with a violent agenda, the GOP, decided not to let good propaganda go to waste.

I simply don't care what piece of stained cloth on a stick people rally under, or about the letters on their uniform patches.. breaking laws, lying and killing innocent souls who mean you no harm was wrong when a 1930s political party did it, and more wrong when a y2k political party did it.. it's worse today because we had history to learn from.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” -- Hermann Goering

Oh, yes, the mandatory "The US is just like the Nazis" comments. Great. You know, if we were like the Nazis, we'd have snappier uniforms to wear.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

No, Your post and this news is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard of. You don't punish the troops for doing the job you ordered them to do. I hope the Navy Seals burn down Washington D.C. and hang every one of the politicians in it.

This news will only fuel more resent toward Obama as he begs for Americans to do something about it. He is an Islamic who wants this country to burn. If that is not obvious then you liberals who are with him will go by by just like him when Americans decided its time to take the country back from evil and ignorance.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

If being a hypocrite is the standard for being inaccurate, the US govt can be ignored forever and Websters can re-define hypocrite as "See the life of george w the bush".

"Hypocritical governments". Sorry, that fits every nation's government out there.

Just admit you don't care the USA is violating all kinds of international laws, its more intellectually honest than the tired tactic of silly verbal attacks targeted at those you disagree with.

Then how come every nation on this planet isn't coming over to the US and pounding a mud puddle in the middle of our collective chests? If this is so freakin' horrible, if the war is such a crime, how come economy-killing sanctions aren't being dumped on the US? How come our citizens aren't being attacked in the streets and strung up? How come every UN meeting isn't something that's crippling to the US to keep us from continuing the war in Iraq?

"Silly verbal attacks?" Did I hurt your feelings?

Nationalistic intoxication is a powerful drunk. A political party from the 1930s, the nazi party, understood this and drowned Germany in nationalism kool-aid.. they too defended the fatherlands actions as righteous.. regardless of what foreigners had to say. Another political party with a violent agenda, the GOP, decided not to let good propaganda go to waste.

I simply don't care what piece of stained cloth on a stick people rally under, or about the letters on their uniform patches.. breaking laws, lying and killing innocent souls who mean you no harm was wrong when a 1930s political party did it, and more wrong when a y2k political party did it.. it's worse today because we had history to learn from.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” -- Hermann Goering

Oh, yes, the mandatory "The US is just like the Nazis" comments. Great. You know, if we were like the Nazis, we'd have snappier uniforms to wear.

Maybe there will be justice one day, maybe we'll be watching an 80 year old g w the bush and his neo-clown lackeys on a long over due trial.

The similarity between political parties is a mandatory reminder... because it's historically accurate...

Remove your emotional attachments to the terms "GOP and "nazi".. then compare the behavior / techniques of the two groups; group A & group B

Both A & B had a demented sociopath so called 'leader' drag their people into needless wars of aggression & choice in violation of international laws using the exact same tactics: lies & propaganda.

Read the latest thread (article link below) about the bush being 'hell bent' on going to war regardless of reality, or goofy laws, treaties or opinion... then read up about 1930s politics.. they're disturbingly similar because history happens.

"Grumbling from Washington "included noises about 'this is a waste of time, what we need is regime change, why are we bothering with this, we must sweep this aside and do what's going to have to be done anyway — and deal with this with the use of force,'" Greenstock testified before the inquiry into the Iraq war."

In other words:
"Why are we bothering with all those stupid rules and laws, we must sweep aside these legal nuisances and get our war on!!.. we're Team America F yeah.. our citizens are drunk on the nationalistic pride we fostered and won't care.. the ones that do we'll call names.. just like the 1930s!!"

Somewhere the elite are laughing that people actually believe their sorrote de burro... "huhuhu!! I mean, don't these idiot sheep read history??!! they fell for the same old stuff!! baaaawaaahaha, ooo,ooo.. aaaahhahaha!!! pass my war profits, I need to light this Cuban cigar with a few hundreds"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by deltaboy

I'm glad these war criminals are being prosecuted! The freedom fighters have rights, and what the SEALs did was not justified. Capturing a person who was trying to defend his country is WRONG and ILLEGAL! Not to mention busting his lip is even worse, probably far worse then beheadings because it leaves wounds that can be painful.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

No, Your post and this news is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard of. You don't punish the troops for doing the job you ordered them to do. ((snip))

Actually the United States has punished troops for following orders; we executed Japanese troops who were ordered to obtain intelligence by water boarding American POWs.

I also recall the Nuremberg war tribunals harshly punishing nazis who said something like "hey man, I was just following orders", "those dudes in charge said it was legal!!, we were defending the the home.., er fatherland!!"

Aren't we supposed to be enlightening the savage iraqis with American virtues and democracy? remember that old ideal of innocent till proven guilty?.. what kind of example are we setting by abusing innocent people?.. how is that better than what saddam used to do?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why do we impose Democracy???Shouldn't Iraq be able to decide what they wan't for a government??We shouldn't impose any government on any country.I agree we shouldn't be over there but Iraq is a mess and we should clean our mess.You can't blame the troops look in the mirror who voted these politicians in??

We should have left Saddam in power we upset the balance of power between Iraq and Iran.I do feel that Iraq had something do with 9/11.I always wondered why we never bombed the royal palace in Saudi Arabia first??Shouldn't these countries be held accountable for harboring terrorists??Do we let them murder our citizens??

If Germany would have won the war,you wouldn't have had a trial for war crimes.When you win a war you also write the history.If Germany won the war those Germans would be considered heros.Its a sick thought but thats what wars are.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>