It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

Originally posted by jon1
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible...

read your..BIBLE..pray...and when you get a response..let me know.

He does heal so i am just letting you know.

He has just healed me of cancer after the oncologist told me that my treatment has failed, six months of drug treatment then a month of radiotherepy has not gotten rid of it.
So i had healing prayer from my daughter and her friend and i instantly knew that i had been healed, anyway, off i trot to the hospital for two body scans to decide the next course of action and the cancer is nowhere to be found.
The doctor was very surprised and can't understand it.

First of all, congratulations on beating cancer! This is wonderful news.
Like the article pointed out sometimes god heals cancer and sometimes he doesn't.
His treatment of the amputees is that he never grows a severed leg or an arm. Never. This is the crucial difference. Lost limbs are not covered under his plan, whereas some forms of cancers are. Apparently yours is. If you want to thank god in your joy you have the full right to do so, after all he healed you. But someone who has lost a limb does not even has luxury of hoping for a miracle like yours. This is the difference.

Exactly this is true, just the same as not resurrecting your whole body
from the grave and placing your soul back in it, then restoring the
breath of life in you. It isn't happening right now, because Christ was here
and provided only a few brief possibilities from the curse mankind recieved in the garden.
Still none of this having anything to do witrh miracles. They can happen
and will happen. Pray it and walk away knowing it is DONE.
Never to mention it again. Leaving it to Gods will.
When one of us here in this wicked place, is able to manifest that kind of faith.
I make this claim to you.
You have definetly pleased your father in heaven.
Most likely you will find out, what it means, to make him smile and say,
"now that's what I'm talkin about".

[edit on 4-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thanks for all the prayers and support for Doc. The thread has turned into a very excellent turn of events. Maybe the question in the title will be answered after all.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Many years ago a friend of mine went to Pakistan for a ministry effort. He was doing video documentation of the mission team to take back to the supporting churches, so they could share in the overall experience. There was preaching and prayers for the sick in a large tent. There were many people who came for prayer, most of which came away saying that they were healed of things like diabetes, which of course they couldn't possibly know at the time. They were "speaking in faith...", but there was no outward proof that they had been healed. I was watching the videos, since my friend had been on the trip and I was trying to be interested in his efforts. Person after person came and went all professing that hey had been healed, with no way to prove it, but there was this one man... He was carrying a child of 3 or 4 years in his arms. The little boy was healthy, but he only had one leg, the other leg was a withered stump with what should have been a foot dangling at the end. He was standing in line to be prayed for, praying by himself that his child would be healed. I remember very vividly how he prayed and looked towards heaven while straightening out the withered leg in hopes of a miracle. Then the video moved on to others in the line. I watched for awhile longer and was getting ready to turn the video off when something in the back ground of the video caught my eye...The same man was standing there crying, his small son on the floor in front of him trying to stand up. It seemed pitiful to me until I realized that the child was having difficulty getting up, not because he had a withered leg, he had spent his whole life getting around without the use of that leg, he was having touble standing up because he wasn't used to having two legs to stand on. I couldn't believe my eyes... there he was stumping around trying to use his brand new perfect leg! I saw him with the withered leg and then a few minutes later with two perfect legs. In my mind there was no disputing it, this child had been granted the answer to his father's heart felt prayer.
I believe that Yahweh heals, sometimes in big ways, sometimes in less dramatic ways, but He does heal. But he isn't a genie in a bottle, He can't be commanded, coerced, or cajoled, He heals when he sees fit to do so, He knows the heart of man and sees what we need.
The really important thing is to have a real relationship with God. If your heart belongs to Him and you love Him and have entered into a covenant relationship with Him, then you are whole, whether your body works right or not.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just an addition to my last post....

I have just had my blood test results back and for the first time, my PSA levels have dropped.
This just confirms that the cancer has indeed gone.

Isn't God good?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elle.mental
He was carrying a child of 3 or 4 years in his arms. The little boy was healthy, but he only had one leg, the other leg was a withered stump with what should have been a foot dangling at the end. He was standing in line to be prayed for, praying by himself that his child would be healed. I remember very vividly how he prayed and looked towards heaven while straightening out the withered leg in hopes of a miracle. Then the video moved on to others in the line. I watched for awhile longer and was getting ready to turn the video off when something in the back ground of the video caught my eye...The same man was standing there crying, his small son on the floor in front of him trying to stand up. It seemed pitiful to me until I realized that the child was having difficulty getting up, not because he had a withered leg, he had spent his whole life getting around without the use of that leg, he was having touble standing up because he wasn't used to having two legs to stand on. I couldn't believe my eyes... there he was stumping around trying to use his brand new perfect leg! I saw him with the withered leg and then a few minutes later with two perfect legs. In my mind there was no disputing it, this child had been granted the answer to his father's heart felt prayer.

I believe this answers the original poster's question. Thank you for testifying as a witness

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I have just had my blood test results back and for the first time, my PSA levels have dropped.
This just confirms that the cancer has indeed gone.

Isn't God good?

Awesome news, thank you for sharing your miracle with us here. It appears that neither amputation nor cancer is "too big" for God. (Why would it be?)

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
God can heal an amputee, but the way you expect it to happen is illogical. The scenario in the original post suggests that if God can spontaneously heal someone who is sick, then he should be able to heal someone who has lost a limb. This is a perfectly fine suggestion, an I see nothing wrong with it.

What I find problematic are the rules imposed upon God. It's as if the person asking the question is saying "I'm better than God, so I demand that he do things exactly as I ask them to done." How realistic is that?

When we Christians pray, it is not to ask God to give us things on our own terms. We pray to communicate to him our praise and concerns. We can ask to take care of our concerns, but to expect him to deal with them on our own selfish terms is pure ignorance.

So, can God heal an amputee? Certainly. I see absolutely no reason he can't provide a perfectly prosthetic limb for any amputee. Even if the person cannot afford it, there are programs out there to help people afford them. And if any of those programs should fail I see no reason one could not find a church or other religious organization to help them out.

God can provide. God does provide. He just doesn't have to do it as we expect him to.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

When Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, should we strike with our swords?" And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.

Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple guard, and the elders, who had come for him, "Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come with swords and clubs?..

Luke 22:49-52

Note how healing an amputee didn't even cause the Son of God to break his train of thought.

If you can speak few words and time, space, matter, light, the laws of physics, plants, animals and human beings come into being, undoing an amputation is less than peanuts. If you then have the magnanimity, poise and grace to voluntarily refuse to resist insults, torture and violence from those you made in order that they may come to know and love you as their Maker, you demonstrate a far greater power: Infinite Love.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_enlightened_mind
What I find problematic are the rules imposed upon God. It's as if the person asking the question is saying "I'm better than God, so I demand that he do things exactly as I ask them to done." How realistic is that?

When we Christians pray, it is not to ask God to give us things on our own terms. We pray to communicate to him our praise and concerns. We can ask to take care of our concerns, but to expect him to deal with them on our own selfish terms...

God can provide. God does provide. He just doesn't have to do it as we expect him to.

This was well articulated. No analogies, no parables, pretty straight talk here to clear any potential fuzziness of the situation.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him...

from Luke 22:49-52

Note how healing an amputee didn't even cause the Son of God to break his train of thought.

If you can speak few words and time, space, matter, light, the laws of physics, plants, animals and human beings come into being, undoing an amputation is less than peanuts.

Another great example. I hadn't thought of it quite this way, that it was not even a pause or second thought, just a touch and it was done. Well said

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elle.mental

PRAISE GOD FOR THAT TESTIMONY.

THANKS FOR SHARING IT.

INDEED. GOD IT NOT

A VENDING MACHINE.

He certainly does things according to HIS PRIORITIES . . . which we can demonstrate plenty of ignorance about.

I know that PRAISE, WORSHIP, HUMILITY, A BROKEN AND CONTRITE HEART BEFORE HIM . . . all touch Him most.

thanks much.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Religion is a distraction to humanity. We aren't meant to discover the ultimate truth until the time comes. None of us ever asked to be born into this world. We were created without our permission and commanded to obey our creator or be punished if we don't. I think that is a very unfair matter. Don't the rest of you agree? It's not right to create people without their consent and tell them you are superior. Of course, our feelings on that subject aren't considered by many Christians because they are obsessed and infatuated with lies, which are God's hideous creations. In fact, the root of all evil is God. Satan has never created anything, not even evil itself. We are all doomed to eternal damnation unless we put our heads together and figure out what we can do about this. Just think about how many innocent souls are burning right now. Do you have any idea? There are millions down there right now! We must defeat the "rules" of life and create our own. It is mandatory that we leave this planet and at least attempt to escape the wrath of him and his evil intentions. None of us deserved any of this and I certainly won't stand for it. I will continue to fight for my life and innocence until the day I die, no matter what it takes. I would rather face condemnation than dwell in a place where my creator is not who I wish to admire. To the rest of you who seek the actual truth and not the inspirations by religious lies; I wish you luck in your journeys to find the true meaning of existence. Blessed be thine martyr.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Isn't God good?
reply to post by jon1

I think God is Great. I couldn't imagine having to spend life hoping he
dosn't exist. You obviously have no complaints either.I think the
possibilities are endless when you try to live life according to Gods
laws. I mean he created us, I think he must know what is good and what is bad for us. A life of immorality and sin will for one thing lead to
guilt. Not very healthy. unnatural acts are forbidden by the very fabric
of the universe.
No one gets away with breaking universal law.

He is the divine surgeon.

xxcondemnedxx

very unfair matter

oh no. You mean life can be unfair. This is supposed to be an adult?
You make sick.
There is just no limit for the whiners on ATS.
You are crying because something may not be so fair to you?

I wonder if Christ was worried about what was fair?
Like say, the fact of what life meant for him and what it means for you?

Why would God do anything for a bunch of whiners?

I wish you luck in your journeys to find the true meaning of existence. Blessed be thine martyr.

Thanks but don't need it.
First you figure there had to be someone, who put all this universe together.
It is assinine to believe, it is just us bunch dumb clucks floating
around in space, on this rock, us against the universe, without the law of averages catching up to us along time ago.
Wiping our butts out in an instant.

Then the next thing I figure if he's smart enough to do all this.
Well no doubt he would be trying to communicate somewhere.
The Bible is his message.
This stuff is life 101 very basic easy to understand, when you have no ulterior motives.

pauseforthought

Wow That is a tremendous observation. Do you think you could post more often. Thank you.

"who is he"? "I don't know I've never seen him before" "I don't think he's from around here"!

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You'll soon realize what is right and what is wrong. You say God won't do anything for whiners, right? Well, I see plenty of whining and complaining in your response. Sounds like a pathetic contradiction if you ask me. Maybe you should think more clearly before responding to me because I will make sure to find any flaws you produce in your incoherent replies. Prove me wrong if you think you can. Just try it if you think such a thing is possible because in actuality, you cannot prove me wrong. This website is for people who are diametrically opposed to religious nonsense and also for people who have an understanding of what secrets are hidden from a society that deserves to know the ultimate truth. You may also want to correct your grammar if you would like this argument to continue, otherwise I'll just consider you a foe and move on to better and much more intelligent people, unlike yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XxCONDEMNEDxX

Well, I see plenty of whining and complaining in your response. Sounds like a pathetic contradiction if you ask me. Maybe you should think more

Examples? You bring nothing to the table? See just because you say something dosn't mean it's true.
You missed the point of everything I have said collectively on this pg.
Which is that I shouldn't have to prove anything to you.
You should be left to figure it out for yourself.
I did.
What you probably don't like slang either huh.

this website is for
You probably don't even realise what forum you're in.
Am I supposed to be threatened by an overeducated, pusilaminous,
pretend friend to animals.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't feel the need to show you any examples. You don't want to prove anything to me, so I don't feel it to be necessary to prove anything to you at this point. Like you said, figure it out for yourself. You really should read more thoroughly instead of ignoring most of my points and immediately opposing them.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XxCONDEMNEDxX

Really? That was necessary?

That was possibly the worst violation of the T&C I've ever seen....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxCONDEMNEDxX
Just think about how many innocent souls are burning right now. Do you have any idea?

Yep. None, because God's perfect justice (by definition) does not punish innocent souls. It is because of our guilt that brings about punishment if we do not have Christ to redeem us.

Originally posted by XxCONDEMNEDxX
I will continue to fight for my life and innocence until the day I die, no matter what it takes.

You've never sinned?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join