It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Excuse me? All other diseases, except the ones that cannot be cured, minus the cases of "miraculous" curing of cancer patients, are not subject to time, but amputation is?

Are you serious? You mean to tell me...that God, has never seen it fit to cure any amputee(by cure, I mean...POOF, here's a leg - Hey, he's done things like that before, and still does, so they say)? Not one single one in humankind's recorded history? Nothing! Zip! Nada!...and your excuse is, the oh-so-cliched, "God works in mysterious ways." "Don't question him." "He does as he sees fit."

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that he has never magically, sorry, miraculously regenerated someone's arm, IF he has done all these other great healings and answered so many other prayers. Makes zero sense to me! It's as if God CANNOT heal amputees! Maybe it's one of those things...where an almighty, all-powerful being can do anything, except regenerate limbs.

But, hey, who am I to question the big G, right?

I'm sorry if I asked a logical question. God must be very angry with us folk who actually use the brain he allegedly gave us. I'm sorry God, for misusing my power to think logically, I'll try not to let it happen again.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

I'm not a christian but I can answer this question. First you have to understand
what FAITH is. Faith is having absolutely not a single shred of doubt in your
mind, heart and spirit. If you doubt for a second then you have no faith and
without faith nothing happens. That's why it's extremely difficult to heal someone or heal your self. But if you do have faith you can heal yourself or
anyone else. In other words hypocrisy does not fit in Gods plan.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Actually the greatest gift god have given you is the ability to think logically. To ask tough questions to a supposedly omnipotent and all powerful being. If you read the bible you will find examples of this. But you can also come to these conclusions without a bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
God only heals people Spiritually not physically .

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by reasonable
Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

I'm glad you've brought this up, because one of the things I've been enabled to do is to help two of them through www.compassion.com... , please join me so that we can do God's work by helping to care for their needs. God wants us to have a part in solving this problem together and it is a blessing to be able to do so.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

While that is praiseworthy and I applaud you for it, aren't you supposed to give alms without your left hand knowing what your right hand is doing? Hmm?

Matt. 6:1-4

It is so easy. "God" won't heal amputees because it is imaginary. One will get just as far asking Tinkerbell to regrow a limb.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A few years ago there was a news story about a little girl who had died at the beach in the UK. She was playing on a sand dune which collapsed and buried her. Now you can all imagine the horrendous last few minutes of her life as the dry sand fill her lungs.

GOD DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any "being" with the power to stop such an event who lets it continue FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER is to be vilified. God can go to hell he/she deserves nothing less.

Sorry all you god believers but this is way way way beyond "gods unknown purpose" its disgusting and anyone who defends this needs to to take a long hard look in the mirror at the sort of person who believes a child should die in that manner FOR ANY PURPOSE.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
its not a good read. most of you have god all wrong. your perspective is wordly and trivial. we are, in eternal existance, spiritual beings that are only living a physical experience. god...is the love you are able to feel and the happiness in your children. dont be a moron. on this physical plain of existance there are laws of physics we must abide by in order to enjoy the ride. theology and science are one and the same. most people are still to primitive to understand it. a spirit entity needs the specific laws of science and physics to manifest. P.S.- all i know about jesus, if he did exist, is that he tried to inspire you animals to act like humanbeings.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII

Originally posted by gsuboy

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp

Originally posted by gsuboy
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

No. God could do anything he wanted, but if he heals one then he has to heal the rest or he is not morally perfect anymore. End of story.

And it's SO hard for a God who made everything we see in nature to heal his creations?
Pffftttt, natural Christian b.s. cop-out.
God does not get involved down here.

No...he could heal anything he wanted yet he chooses not to. I'm pretty sure that's what I've said at least twice.

So explain to me the simple math? Explain to me the numbers!

He can "miraculously heal" the blind, lepers and even people with cancer and unknown diseases that doctors can't cure(even, in recent times personal testimony of this by religious folk is still fairly common), but not once, not even in biblical times, has he healed an amputee? The numbers don't add up my friend!

What you're saying isn't true...because, many people have claimed to be healed by God before...and other people who suffer from the same ailments, and sometimes more or less severe ones end up dying, or suffering all their life. So, what was it you were saying again?

What about when God's answers prayers that have nothing to do with sickness? It's the same thing...he answers some, but not all. By YOUR logic, he shouldn't answer any prayers to begin with!

And just who the hell gave you a star?!?!?!

Before you type any form of reply, read this twice, please. I said that no, God does not come down and heal anyone. I don't believe he comes down and "miraculously" heals any diseases of any kind, and not any amputees. IF HE HEALED ONE PERSON THAN HE WOULD HAVE TO HEAL EVERYONE ELSE OR HE ISN'T BEING FAIR. AN UN-FAIR GOD IS NOT A PERFECT GOD AND THAT DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF GOD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by elle.mental
He was carrying a child of 3 or 4 years in his arms. The little boy was healthy, but he only had one leg, the other leg was a withered stump with what should have been a foot dangling at the end. He was standing in line to be prayed for, praying by himself that his child would be healed. I remember very vividly how he prayed and looked towards heaven while straightening out the withered leg in hopes of a miracle. Then the video moved on to others in the line. I watched for awhile longer and was getting ready to turn the video off when something in the back ground of the video caught my eye...The same man was standing there crying, his small son on the floor in front of him trying to stand up. It seemed pitiful to me until I realized that the child was having difficulty getting up, not because he had a withered leg, he had spent his whole life getting around without the use of that leg, he was having touble standing up because he wasn't used to having two legs to stand on. I couldn't believe my eyes... there he was stumping around trying to use his brand new perfect leg! I saw him with the withered leg and then a few minutes later with two perfect legs. In my mind there was no disputing it, this child had been granted the answer to his father's heart felt prayer.

I believe this answers the original poster's question. Thank you for testifying as a witness

And his friend was videoing it for a documentary. Let's see the video evidence shall we. I will not hold my breathe.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Because you are the Creator, do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If I were to ask that question and be serious about it, then I wouldn't head to ATS to gloat that I found a question that Christians can't answer. Whoever doesn't know the answer, does not know God, plain and simple. I'd say it is time for a few of you to crack open the Bible and seek God. If that's not for you, then you are lying. Use the time that you spend on this website and seek God from the heart.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
But the bible uses such Healings givin to people by god as evidence of his existance

So by saying god doesnt heal people you are directly CONTRIDICTING ALL RELIGIOUS TEXTS.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

God wont heal amputees because he takes great pride in showing the rest of the ATS members here just how ignorant some original posters are.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
"And if your hand--even your stronger hand--causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell" Matthew 5:30 NIV

Obviously, not every amputee has sinned that caused their limbs removed. But Jesus makes it clear that this body isn't what matters anymore. After the fall everything has been screwed up. But God has promised to make all things new. Someday, yes, amputees will walk again. He never promised perfect happiness and joy from this life, but he did promise that we could experience some of the joy through Jesus Christ.

HE knows some of his most faithful are going to suffer. He knows that the Government is going to enslave us. He knows that drugs will ruin peoples lives. He knows people will die in horrendous crimes. He knew about the holocaust. He knew that this world is soaked in all sorts of evil, yet He let it remain. He did so because He is merciful. He is giving us a chance to realize him, and seek him. And most of you are so stinkin' prideful you won't even investigate or read his book for yourselves. All your suffering in this world won't score you any points with Him. There's only one way to His kingdom, HE sent His Son to BE brutally murdered for our sins, when he could have just sent all of us to hell and started over.

Alot of those Benny Hinn-like, Word-Faith movement mega pastor's are nothing but scammers. If you actually read the Bible yourself, you wouldn't ask stupid questions. It's like me bashing the Constitution based on how the President acts instead of reading it to see what it says myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is far more efficient to pray to God than type a complaint when both of your hands have been removed.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
HERES A GOOD EXPLANATION OF WHY GOD WONT HEAL AMPUTEES!

HE DOESNT EXIST

WATCH ZEITGEIST's TAKE ON CHRISTIANITY ITS THE MOST PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION!

and no one talk about 'jesus in india' please....

that was debunked years ago because the whole idea was pure speculation and there was not a shred of evidence to support the claims.

the whole story of the crucifiction of the 'sun' of god is found through the entire region... why do you think buddah looks to the east? the SUN! THE SUN IS RISING!

derrrrr

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

you are missing my point in your effort to further project some sort of agenda..whatever it is.

first off..crusades were done politically under the religious guise....same as 9/11.

but i'll spell out my point for you:

if i am sitting here and say i believe that the desk in front of me is inhabited by the wood god. i choose to pray to it, to worship it. These actions do not hurt you. If I walk up to you and say "OMG I have GOT to tell you about this god i am worshiping" you can either indulge me, and participate in a RESPECTFUL discussion as to why you think I am retarded, or say " not thanks, i'm set" and walk away.

why prod at these people?

And you are missing my point. Say you get home from work one day and your child tells you that in school today they spent all morning talking about the wood god.. just a tiny example. Or more recently the call of the church for civil disobedience towards any laws which go against their doctrine.

There will always be things taught in schools that someone somewhere feels is an intrusion upon what they feel is best for their child. It is best that parents teach their child the lesson early that you are not always going to get your way, that you will be presented with ideas that may or may not be true, to question everything, and that dialog, not running with your hands over your ears and eyes, is how you learn about life.

I cannot stand the parents that whine about what their child is being taught in school, be it on the left or the right. Every parents feels that they public school system is their personal soap box. Just stop it. Your children will appreciate you for it.

Each year we learn and discover more. What we were taught has a level of OBE to it and we were not harmed from learning something that ended up not being true. Part of going to school is conflict resolution and peer interaction. What are you teaching them if you remove their ability to withstand conflict?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankky

I'm not a christian but I can answer this question. First you have to understand
what FAITH is. Faith is having absolutely not a single shred of doubt in your
mind, heart and spirit. If you doubt for a second then you have no faith and
without faith nothing happens. That's why it's extremely difficult to heal someone or heal your self. But if you do have faith you can heal yourself or
anyone else. In other words hypocrisy does not fit in Gods plan.

Do you suggest that skepticism plus curiosity equals hypocrisy?

-rrr

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible...

read your..BIBLE..pray...and when you get a response..let me know.

He does heal so i am just letting you know.

He has just healed me of cancer after the oncologist told me that my treatment has failed, six months of drug treatment then a month of radiotherepy has not gotten rid of it.
So i had healing prayer from my daughter and her friend and i instantly knew that i had been healed, anyway, off i trot to the hospital for two body scans to decide the next course of action and the cancer is nowhere to be found.
The doctor was very surprised and can't understand it.

My wife now walks unaided after she was in a wheelchair with a degenerative back desease, they told her they could do nothing and just gave her pain killers.
Once again the power of prayer worked.

It makes me laugh when people come on here stating that God does not exist or prayer does not work.
There is so much you don't know my friend and i hope you one day lift the veil that is in front of your eyes and see my world where God is most certainly real...

As a side note, just watch how little this post will be replied to.
People don't like to hear the truth, so they ignore it.

My uncle died of a heart attack. My father had a triple bypass and cannot work. Two weeks ago got sued.

My cousin got ran over by a truck and lost both legs. Died a few weeks later. A boy that lived across the street from my parents was also killed by a car. The brother of my best friend was killed in another car accident. She was a rape survivor. These are all real people. Real Christians.

All believers, all close people to me. All surrounded by people that love them and pray for them. People I know personally.

Don't you think that it is very interesting that when things go well god gets the credit, but when misfortune happens, well, then that's got nothing to do with god....

I guess for every person that god allegedly heals, there are a few dozen that die, get ill, suffer from malnutrition, get mugged or raped, etc, even when they are not by any stretch the kind of people who may remotely deserve it (and I don't think anybody would deserve any of that, no matter what)

"god" sure is selective with whom he blesses. How lucky for you.

Now, in case you haven't heard, spontaneous remission of cancer happens to people who are not believers just as much as to people that are believers.

While one might assume that god just happens to heal people with cancer more often than, say, spinal cord injuries, or say, resurrecting the dead, it is also possible... just possible... that maybe cancer is simply not a well understood disease. I mean, a medical cure hasn't been found yet (actually, it has, but it is suppressed because it is not patentable, but that's for another conspiracy story)

For your reading pleasure, here is a medical hypothesis for spontaneous cancer remission:

www.second-opinions.co.uk...

-rrr

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It wouldn't stop all the whining if he did. I mean why should he.
I find it curious that mostly it isn't the amputees doing the complaining,
bitching, moaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join