It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_enlightened_mind
God can heal an amputee, but the way you expect it to happen is illogical. The scenario in the original post suggests that if God can spontaneously heal someone who is sick, then he should be able to heal someone who has lost a limb. This is a perfectly fine suggestion, an I see nothing wrong with it.

What I find problematic are the rules imposed upon God. It's as if the person asking the question is saying "I'm better than God, so I demand that he do things exactly as I ask them to done." How realistic is that?

When we Christians pray, it is not to ask God to give us things on our own terms. We pray to communicate to him our praise and concerns. We can ask to take care of our concerns, but to expect him to deal with them on our own selfish terms is pure ignorance.

So, can God heal an amputee? Certainly. I see absolutely no reason he can't provide a perfectly prosthetic limb for any amputee. Even if the person cannot afford it, there are programs out there to help people afford them. And if any of those programs should fail I see no reason one could not find a church or other religious organization to help them out.

God can provide. God does provide. He just doesn't have to do it as we expect him to.

Why do you suggest that when a person gets a prosthetic limb it comes from god?

Does a Corvette come from god?

-rrr

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

You obviously have never experienced a healing or witnessed one. I have seen them and have had them. For me, God answers prayer. If you test God and tempt him, you will not see anything happen. King Herod wished to see some miracles and never did. The Pharisees wanted to see some signs too and were denied. And others wanted to see God heal some amputees, just for kicks, and they too were denied.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
quite simple man created god in his image therefore God does give back to the person their arms /legs mind you god as a seperate entity cannot by itself does not "grow" someone's limbs back even though millions of prayers were said.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Taskism
Because he designed reality to follow certain rules. A spontaneously generated leg would defeat those rules.

Biblically speaking, God has done many things that seem 'against the rules', which is to say physics, chemistry and biology. Pick one catagory and I can cite at least one example.

You forgot astronomy and geography. In fact he's just about gone over the limit of every science category in general.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
You obviously have never experienced a healing or witnessed one. I have seen them and have had them. For me, God answers prayer. If you test God and tempt him, you will not see anything happen. King Herod wished to see some miracles and never did. The Pharisees wanted to see some signs too and were denied. And others wanted to see God heal some amputees, just for kicks, and they too were denied.

What rubbish are you talking?

He's not testing God...nor is he asking for "miracles" to be accomplished that have been "accomplished" since men first graced this planet.

He's asking, how come God has never healed an amputee in human history? God answers prayer you say?...

It seems he only answers the prayers that he can actually work his magic on. Because, according to the maths and the history...God CANNOT rejuvenate limbs.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

"The man answered, "Now that is remarkable! You don't know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing."...

Doesn't the bible say something like all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god, so basically he doesn't listen to anyone...?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by taccj9903]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
Because you are the Creator, do it yourself.

AND HE HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

dont worry man, the rest will follow in time.

First the same bunch thought the earth was flat and the printing press was the invention of the devil, same bunch were responsible for the spanish inquisition, and witch burning.

Similar bunch are responsible for the right wing vegetarian movement.. (scientific research now concludes vegtables scream when you pull them out of the ground and plants have feelings too!)

See the bible wasnt some magical thing, it was simply the wheel of the zodiac with a story of the coming ages, with astronamy.

Nearly all religions globally are based on the night sky as it was the most important thing to them at night along with the sun during the day.

But we cannot do anything otherwise to convince someone with blind faith as the concept of no life after death scares them and the fact that heaven and hell are nothing but Karma= you do bad things bad things will happen to you ect and vice versa.

Life is what we make it, and it is up to the individual wether they want to live in a paridise or not. So far we have done enough to live in hell as far as I can see.

Ignorant blind faith in a roman-theology moves far away from what the original story of the bible and the 10 commandments originally ment.

In fact to find the original bible all you need to do is look up the Egyptian book of the dead.

wow did I just destroy christianity in one sentence? I think I did!

Quote L. Ron Hubbard "son if you want to make alot of money in life all you need to do is start your own religion".

im in the process of writing a science fiction novel.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Quite simple answer to me:

It has never been God's MO to provide irrefutable proof of his divine existence. Think about it, if there was irrefutable scientific evidence of the existence of God, belief and the leap of faith taken by many would not be worth anything. It is the leap of faith that many make, and the subsequent relying on God that prove's one's worth. If someone constantly asks for proof when it comes to God, it is due to a weakness in their character that does not allow them to take that leap of faith and belief. Belief in God is about believing with your soul and heart, not asking God to dot all the i's and cross all the t's so that there is no other choice but to believe. It is the choice to believe, and the leap of faith that God wants people to make.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Belief in god is about believing without evidence. It's nothing magical, and shouldn't be something we as rational humans in the 21st century should be celebrating.

We can come up with thousands of ideas as to why God hasn't bothered to show us any evidence he exists - that doesn't mean he exists. It is far more likely to indicate that Christianity is nonsense.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by johnny2127

Belief in god is about believing without evidence. It's nothing magical, and shouldn't be something we as rational humans in the 21st century should be celebrating.

We can come up with thousands of ideas as to why God hasn't bothered to show us any evidence he exists - that doesn't mean he exists. It is far more likely to indicate that Christianity is nonsense.

I am sorry my friend, but if there has to be evidence of something for you to believe in it, that is a weakness as it related to religion. Faith, is just that, belief in the absence of scientific proof. Now those that have profound faith will argue that they see and feel proof everyday. And that is the paradox....

If you do not choose to believe that is your choice. It does not make some illogical or stupid for believing in religion. In fact, I would argue that people actually allowing themselves to succumb to a higher power and the idea of divine intentions actually make people stronger and happier. From what I have seen, the most miserable people I have ever known have been the atheists and those that view everything in life as some cold and calculating. If you or anyone else chooses to live that way, thats their choice. Although, as myself and other believers can attest, there is a much larger, wondrous, and happy world out there than that.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

So who is more deserving of GODS immediate assistance the amputees or the BABIES STARVING IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES W/O WATER AND FOOD AND MEDS?????? And if GOD is answering their prayers first AND THE PRAYERS OF THE TRUE HOLY (ONLY PRAYING FOR FOOD SHELTER AND MEDICATION) then how long will it take to get to the amputees spoken off. The Lord is sending his SON to help and when his son is fully aware of his responsibilities AND ENERGIES WITHIN HIMSELF im sure things will began to happen faster then ever.

[edit on 1/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its the same argument over and over. God never proves his existence. That's because you have no faith. But I need to see in order to believe. Again, you have no faith and aren't worthy.

I think someone or something created this universe. I have a problem with everything coming from nothing. As far as the judeo/christian god concept.... The bible is a manufactured document used to unite the roman empire under 1 religon. That is a fact. So I can put just as much stock in it as a Harry Potter book.

Pray or wish, it's all tthe same thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Who ever said that God had to be a benevolent being just because He's a greater being?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Because Jesus said if you believe. No matter what anyone says, I don't think it's possible for anyone to pray for God to regrow legs and actually believe it possible. Nomatter how strong your faith, I don't think it humanly possible. That is why we do not have biblical style miracles anymore.

Besides that, your test scenario is a test. God will never walk into some fool's designed test.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by jaywoo]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
One of the Hindu Avatars, either Rama or Krishna (am not sure which) healed an amputee, according to scripture. Jesus, another Avatar, certainly had the ability to heal an amputee, as he could raise the dead and create or change matter...but no amputee got healed in the New Testament.

When a reincarnated spiritual Master, or Avatar, lives on the Earth, which is very rare, he often does miracles as impressive as healing amputees. If an Avatar heals, it is really God doing it, because an Avatar is "God in the flesh" (really a regular human being who perfected himself/herself after many incarnations of evolution and spiritual effort).

Amputees probably have a karmic lesson to learn from their condition. God doesn't want to take away the opportunity to learn an important spiritual lesson, probably. Also, karmic law must be fulfilled.

And you assume (ASS/U/ME) that God ignores the prayers. Just because He doesn't answer a prayer according to the dictates of your infinite wisdom doesn't mean He is ignoring the prayer. How do you know He is ignoring the prayers? Did He tell you that? Maybe God is thinking, "Darn it, I would really like to answer that prayer, but I cannot because I do not go against my own laws, such as learning one's karmic lesson."

If God is all-powerful, and all-intelligent, He can certainly hide himself from a logic-bound brain such as yours. Jesus said that the "prudent and wise" were separated from God, but the childlike (loving and trusting) were with God. Yogananda said that God has all the intelligence in the whole universe and is not impressed by anything other than love, and it only takes a tiny bit of love to impress Him because almost no one is giving Him any!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Now I don't support having too much faith in God, and I usually don't mind when we stack more and more proof that God is very contradictory in our definitions. But I want to point out that what you described in the millions of people prayer, hoping for amputees to get their legs back, is more like worshipping Satan.

The lines have been blurred a lot. If I think about it, people ask God to do things for them. While the Bible may allow that, my definition of God is that he is there to watch over us and he knows what's best for us. He doesn't let us have our every measly wish, because he knows the big picture. That's what he's supposed to be, anyways.

SATAN is the one who is supposed to give you what you want.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The answer is very easy.

Matthew 4:1-11--Jesus Tempted in the Wilderness

3"The tempter came to Him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” 4Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

5Then the devil took Him to the holy city and had Him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6”If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

‘He will commend His angels concerning you
and they shall lift you up in their hands,
So that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

7Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

8Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9”All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” 10Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him."

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
to Kyred, waaaay back at the beginning of the thread:

So if one chooses to live the life that results in, say, being as double amputeee, to learn some sort of lesson from it all, having the legs, for example, grown back would defeat the purpose of the lessons that one chose to learn. That's my take on it.

So..people who have diabetes treated with insulin..people who get transplants, anyone who takes tylenol for a headache - all of them, in your view, are defeating their purposes?

Thats a very special take on it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by julugu

IOW, faith = swallowing the impossible, but not being allowed to ask for proof.

Well, that's rational.
sigh.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How and why is an amputated limb any different than the frustration of, say, growing old? No one wants to get wrinkles, gray hair, go bald, get planter's warts, liver spots, cataracts, vericose veins, etc., but they are a part of nature and we endure. Life has many rivers to cross. Why anyone would come up with this ridiculous God never replaced a limb is a sign of someone who is desperate to prove to themselves that there is no God. And God does many miracles; I can promise you that God has been active in preventing many amputations, in cases where unseen forces prevented an accident.

I don't know why certain people get amputations and not others but like I said, we each have our rivers to cross. God knows everything that will happen to us, He knows the numbers of hair on our head. It's not about leaving this earth with all your LIMBS intact, it's about leaving it with a REDEEMED SOUL.

P.S. And, it's about thanking God for His mercy, and for what you have rather than what you don't have.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Bombeni]

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join