It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
God can't heal an amputee because he probably knows he'd also have to replace teeth, hair, skin, blood, organs, lost loved ones, lost things, missing puppies, the ozonz layer, ALL THE FORESKINS etc, etc.

There are so many paradoxes here.

Should god be seen to have the power to cure and do well in his believers eyes or should he be seen to do "as he wills" and be respected for his dominance and the outcomes?

hmmmm, I choose........reality and being able to accept the world around me for what it presents, not for what I wish for. It's just stuff!

I'm very sorry for any amputees, but nothing will "wish" their limbs to miraculously appear out of nowhere. We're still waiting for an explanation on that first apparent (but unwitnessed) "event", you know..."Creation", so don't hold your breath.

Great story, lol..thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Because he designed reality to follow certain rules. A spontaneously generated leg would defeat those rules.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism
Because he designed reality to follow certain rules. A spontaneously generated leg would defeat those rules.

You obviously didn't read the article.. it clearly debunked what you've said. Unless you are being sarcastic...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Because he would have to come back and land his spacecraft, along with his heavenly host (army) I belive jesus was an alien..

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Because he's a figment of peoples imagination?

Seen this site discussed a few times on here.

God wont and can't do anything for anyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

my question to you is this: what does it matter?

i don't believe, but i'm not sitting here saying prove to me a god exists. lets huddle around some poor soul that lost a limb and force god to heal them.

if people have faith in a certain being, then let them have faith. it does not harm you.

and anyway, if there is a god, then most interpretations of it are gross bastardizations of what it's intent was. i wouldn't give them a sign for following such a corrupt organization that carries out wrong things in my name.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

if people have faith in a certain being, then let them have faith. it does not harm you.

Wishful thinking.. tell that to the folks butchered in the crusades, 9-11, etc....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

you are missing my point in your effort to further project some sort of agenda..whatever it is.

first off..crusades were done politically under the religious guise....same as 9/11.

but i'll spell out my point for you:

if i am sitting here and say i believe that the desk in front of me is inhabited by the wood god. i choose to pray to it, to worship it. These actions do not hurt you. If I walk up to you and say "OMG I have GOT to tell you about this god i am worshiping" you can either indulge me, and participate in a RESPECTFUL discussion as to why you think I am retarded, or say " not thanks, i'm set" and walk away.

why prod at these people?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ooh! An easy one. Thanks for the thread. It's already biblically answered:

"The man answered, "Now that is remarkable! You don't know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing."...

Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"
"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains." - John 9:30-41

Remember also that praying isn't commanding a servant to do your bidding, praying is asking God to help us to do His work.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Ooh! An easy one. Thanks for the thread. It's already biblically answered:

"The man answered, "Now that is remarkable! You don't know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing."...

Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"
"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains." - John 9:30-41

Remember also that praying isn't commanding a servant to do your bidding, praying is asking God for us to do His.

That answers absolutely nothing. Are you trying to imply that amputees must be non-believers if their limbs will not regenerate from prayer?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The title to this thread is the dumbest and funniest thing ive ever seen. Im too lazy to read the OP im just responding to the title.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

you are missing my point in your effort to further project some sort of agenda..whatever it is.

first off..crusades were done politically under the religious guise....same as 9/11.

but i'll spell out my point for you:

if i am sitting here and say i believe that the desk in front of me is inhabited by the wood god. i choose to pray to it, to worship it. These actions do not hurt you. If I walk up to you and say "OMG I have GOT to tell you about this god i am worshiping" you can either indulge me, and participate in a RESPECTFUL discussion as to why you think I am retarded, or say " not thanks, i'm set" and walk away.

why prod at these people?

And you are missing my point. Say you get home from work one day and your child tells you that in school today they spent all morning talking about the wood god.. just a tiny example. Or more recently the call of the church for civil disobedience towards any laws which go against their doctrine.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
That answers absolutely nothing.

It isn't an easy read for sure, but it does indeed answer the problem/question. As Jesus illustrated, it wasn't the blind man that had a 'blindness problem' (his heart was pure and right with God), but the Pharisees who believed they could 'see'.

Originally posted by reasonable
Are you trying to imply that amputees must be non-believers if their limbs will not regenerate from prayer?

Not at all, the verse explains how we as humans ask for the wrong problems to be cured.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

i understand what you are saying. and i would promptly walk to the school (assuming it is a state school) and tell them to knock that crap off and list off numerous reasons why.

and those are the blind believers who do exactly as the church says on everything. they are the retarded believers who are better off dead then blindly following the leaders.

what about when black people had sit ins during the civil rights movement...civil disobedience at its best, "order" came down from leaders.

i am enjoying this convo, but after this post, i will be able to check maybe once more, and sporadically over the next few days, but will rejoin after my break.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism

Biblically speaking, God has done many things that seem 'against the rules', which is to say physics, chemistry and biology. Pick one catagory and I can cite at least one example.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Because he's a figment of peoples imagination?

The title assumes that God does exist. It is so tiring to hear people waving off context for the sake of propagation of their own assertions. Please be respectful of the original poster's query.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I live with a severe disability caused by a traumatic injury.

For the first three years I could see no purpose for it...
...it seemed like everything I worked years toward was futile.

Then my partner was diagnosed with a medically incurable disease...
...and was given four months...
...and because I was unable to work I focused all my attention on understanding the condition and the range of medical protocols and alternative modalities that could manage or cure it.

Six years later my partner is in remission by all objective criteria...
...without resorting to solutions from Pharma.

We have a saying...nothing every happens to us only ever for us.

I love my disability.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Because he would have to come back and land his spacecraft, along with his heavenly host (army) I belive jesus was an alien..

My thoughts exactly.

I still hold the thought that what we know as god / gods, were an alien race or as the sumerian's stat in their history, there were 3 races of aliens.

Hence the gods.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What if I told that he indeed does NOT have to do squat outside of his will? You presume in this thread that God is some kind of genie. You also assume that God is primarily concerned with the physical world without considering the spiritual lives of people at all. This is another effort to somehow disprove faith by attempting to materialise it as well as show it harmful.

Jesus talked about spiritual things by physical means...he said someone with a mustard seed of faith could tell a mountain to go here or there, yet by you're logic that statement discredits faith. The grand spiritual truths people should ponder thud against brick walls of practicality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join