It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
What experiments have been done with amputees and prayer?

Before we say it doesn't work, what controlled experiments with restoring the limbs of amputees have been done?

I'm working on Doc Holiday who posted a number of pages back. Will you join me AshleyD?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I will join you too and get my church in on it

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by oliveoil
A persons total being does not only consist of a body. It also consists of a spirit and a soul. The spirit and soul can be healed, but the body always dies.
I guess simple minded people always see things, well... simple.

That's not cool. I liked a lot of your posts until this namecalling one.

I know, I know, I feel really bad that I sometimes offend people. I don't mean to. I guess its easier to fight and defend then preserve and protect. I think all this negativity here on ATS is bringing me down physically and spirituality.
I think I should just chill out a little. Thank you for pointing this out.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Perhaps the reason is because neither Jesus nor His apostles are alive today to do so????

Just a wild guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I know, I know, I feel really bad that I sometimes offend people. I don't mean to. I guess its easier to fight and defend then preserve and protect. I think all this negativity here on ATS is bringing me down physically and spirituality.
I think I should just chill out a little. Thank you for pointing this out.

You're wise indeed to be able to change paradigms and see oneself. There have been a good number of times I've said/done things I shouldn't both here and outside ATS, but being a saint doesn't mean being perfect, just forgiven and willing to change
. This actually relates to the topic well. I would not ask God to make me perfect and remove all my flaws, as it would be unnecessary if He has forgiven my transgressions against Him and loves me as I am. Why would I want to change that? When my heart was self-righteous and self-serving, that's when I needed healing.

I can empathize with those here on ATS who have to see to believe because I was the same way. My prayer then is that the same undeniable proof comes to all the people here seeking as it did for me. The only thing I ask is that when such proof comes that we don't shut our eyes and wave it off with our hands.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

Will do.

I went back through the thread to find the posts.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ever watched this documentary? That might help for understanding to open minds. Bash me all you want, but i like confronting things people don't want to hear.

Religulous
www.lionsgate.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Perhaps the reason is because neither Jesus nor His apostles are alive today to do so????

Indeed they are, but the apostles are not in the position of conducting earthly healings at present as I understand it. A friend of mine became a believer saw Christ come to him and cured him of a serious drug addiction. I could just claim that he was off his rocker, but then I'd have to deny my own experiences as well. Jesus doesn't visit everyone these days...but nor did he when he was on earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Count me in too, Whatever it is were doing.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Yes, of course.

Will do.

I went back through the thread to find the posts.

Just to summarize since it is a long thread. Doc Holiday had his foot severed off. At the time, he said a few unkind things about it skywardly. I asked if his foot was restored if he would believe, to which he said in effect he'd have some serious reconsidering to do. For me, that's worth the try.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
ever watched this documentary?

Many clips, many times. I'd written several long paragraphs about a three minute clip because of all the baseless generalizations, assumptions and untruths. Sorry I didn't keep tabs on the thread to point out where recently, but admittedly am not interested in repeating on this unrelated thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Indeed they are, but the apostles are not in the position of conducting earthly healings at present as I understand it. A friend of mine became a believer saw Christ come to him and cured him of a serious drug addiction. I could just claim that he was off his rocker, but then I'd have to deny my own experiences as well. Jesus doesn't visit everyone these days...but nor did he when he was on earth.
Before Jesus ascended to heaven He gave the abilities He had on Earth to His apostles, to heal the sick, raise the dead, etc.

The apostles didn't have the ability to give these gifts to their disciples.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible

How many more times do you feel you need to state that in this thread?
Say it as much as you want it's just your opinion and you won't make it become true by chanting it. You see you really can't even make that claim
unless you know everything about the universe there is to know.
In which case that would make you God and therefore what you feel you must keep repeating over and over with out getting thru to anyone at all .
You would be denying yourself.
That would be nothing but WRONG. I can tell by the content of your
condescending post that God is something you've never even tried to
understand.
The attitude shows you don't want to either so that's all fine but you are insulting and no one knows why. Not that I'm asking because you obviously have nothing of content to back up any of your wild, off the wall
statements.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible

You see you really can't even make that claim
unless you know everything about the universe there is to know.

He doesn't need to know everything in the Universe to make this claim because he is making it in the context that God doesn't heal amputees, meaning he doesn't miraculously grow them a new limb. Whether god exist or not for the amputees the result is still a negative, meaning god might as well not exist since they are not covered under his health care plan.

On a positive note, the scientists in Rome have created an artificial arm which can be controlled by one's mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible...

read your..BIBLE..pray...and when you get a response..let me know.

He does heal so i am just letting you know.

He has just healed me of cancer after the oncologist told me that my treatment has failed, six months of drug treatment then a month of radiotherepy has not gotten rid of it.
So i had healing prayer from my daughter and her friend and i instantly knew that i had been healed, anyway, off i trot to the hospital for two body scans to decide the next course of action and the cancer is nowhere to be found.
The doctor was very surprised and can't understand it.

My wife now walks unaided after she was in a wheelchair with a degenerative back desease, they told her they could do nothing and just gave her pain killers.
Once again the power of prayer worked.

It makes me laugh when people come on here stating that God does not exist or prayer does not work.
There is so much you don't know my friend and i hope you one day lift the veil that is in front of your eyes and see my world where God is most certainly real...

As a side note, just watch how little this post will be replied to.
People don't like to hear the truth, so they ignore it.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1

god doesnt heal..because he cant..he doesnt exist. At least not the one in that book, the Bible...

read your..BIBLE..pray...and when you get a response..let me know.

He does heal so i am just letting you know.

He has just healed me of cancer after the oncologist told me that my treatment has failed, six months of drug treatment then a month of radiotherepy has not gotten rid of it.
So i had healing prayer from my daughter and her friend and i instantly knew that i had been healed, anyway, off i trot to the hospital for two body scans to decide the next course of action and the cancer is nowhere to be found.
The doctor was very surprised and can't understand it.

First of all, congratulations on beating cancer! This is wonderful news.
Like the article pointed out sometimes god heals cancer and sometimes he doesn't.
His treatment of the amputees is that he never grows a severed leg or an arm. Never. This is the crucial difference. Lost limbs are not covered under his plan, whereas some forms of cancers are. Apparently yours is. If you want to thank god in your joy you have the full right to do so, after all he healed you. But someone who has lost a limb does not even has luxury of hoping for a miracle like yours. This is the difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Valid point, The only answer i have is that God only seems to work with what he has. Broken bones, aches and pains, even broken hearts he can cure, but healing something that isn't there, in the case of a limb for instance seems not to happen.

Of all the training seminars that i have attended, the one thing that is most obviouse to me is that God mostly works with the state of our minds and hearts and not our pysyical body.

Now i am going to have to admit that i think that one of the most important parts of the healing ministry is our faith, or the lack of it sometimes.
It takes a tremendous amount of faith to pray for someone to be healed. Even though we have nothing to do with the healing, God does that. It still requires us to believe that the prayer will be succesful.I have never seen anyone pray for an amputee because i believe that sort of prayer requires the gift of miricles. [one of the gifts of the spirit]. And I don't think he gives that one out like candy.

The healing ministry becomes more complicated the more that you try and fathom it out so i just try to pray for things that i think Jesus would have prayed for.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Cheers
jon

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Was there a certain experience with God, or the lack thereof, that made you such an angry person?

Do you feel that you've really made a point with your story? I think you know better. Instead of mocking and wasting your time with a slick mind game you should go and care for an amputee. God is watching you.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

If the redundant threads bother you so much why do you participate? ATS is like TV: there is an off-button :-)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You can count me in too.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join