It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

Live with it...? Seriously...? He's imaginary. If you had to prove his existence in a court of law you would fail. You are the one that needs to live with it. But... that's what you're afraid of.

And spare me the replies about how you're not afraid, and I have a rude awakening ahead of me blah blah blah. I don't believe in fairy tales.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil
To op: The whole hypothesis is that if God exists, he would do such and such. And If he doesn't do what I tell him too he doesn't exist.

You've got your own circular logic, and with your own definitions. And when somebody disagrees with your logic or your definitions. You go back to the its a "yes or no" response. Ie either you accept my definitions, or I won't play.

Yes, because when the bible says a gazillion times that if you have faith and if you believe, and pray your prayers will be answered.. and then I say nope that isn't the case. For example an independent study that had prayer groups pray at hospitals.. there was no change in outcome. So yeah, I guess I'm the one with the flawed logic. Right.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Its simple....

im not gonna read 100 pages to see if it was posted.

Its because there is Sin in todays world....
God never said he would heal sinners.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Its simple....

im not gonna read 100 pages to see if it was posted.

Its because there is Sin in todays world....
God never said he would heal sinners.

So the lady who had a miracle brain tumor disappear and the lady that survived rabies via prayer.. they were without sin.. I see... once again FAIL.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

1 Corinthians 12:28-chapter13 verse 8

[edit on 25-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

No sir, my faith is not that shaky, and my God doesn't really need me to defend Him. I suppose it's just human nature to argue strongly for what you believe. I agree that praying is not the only thing I can do, and I do volunteer, donate, etc, although probably not as much as I could. I must tell you that I feel like you are a bit condescending to me, like I am not as smart as you because I'm fool enough to place my faith in a sky guy. This bothers me a little, but it's ok. I am impressed to see you quote the scriptures, but do you understand them? Not that I understand all of them, or even more than you. It's just that it's easy to get the wrong idea if you don't take the book as a whole. BTW, I come here because I like talking to the wide variety of people on the website, and because it's a whole lot cooler than yahoo news. OH, and I was on the thread about your sig line the other day and I just thought I'd let you know that it doesn't offend me at all. I understand where your coming from.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Because amputees bring God glory!

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Mystery solved.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Your argument about prayer is a very common one. However, it is misguided.

God hears all prayers and regardless of what you think you want, or need, or what the human race needs....sometimes the answer is no. Omniscience implies he knows our needs better than we do. We live in the flesh and tend to relate all our needs to our fleshly being.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What is the Iraqi war veterans primary disfunction? Is it the legs or is it his PTSD? If God fixed the veterans legs, presto! All the problems in the world are fixed, right?

Then Satan may say Gods servants only serve Him for the bennies.

If you're going to fix one guy you better start fixin' everybody. Or maybe God needs to practice preventative medicine. Like stoppin' the guy from drinking and getting in the car that caused the car accident, which resulted in the other amputation you talked about. But "hey man now yer messin' with my free will to drink and have a good time! I wasn't really gonna get in my car and drive!!" Maybe the drunk guy in the car was the newly healed Iraqi war veteran celebrating his new legs.

Every problem in this world has a cause and effect. Humanity jumped the tracks from the beginning and we are living in an alternate timeline that can't be fixed with small fixes. The problems in this world are complex and there is no easy fix. The whole thing has to be re-set. We need a do over.

You want answers. You demand to know why God doesn't do the right thing! You are not alone. According to a story in the Bible God had a friend who wanted answers, and God obliged.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

i hear this sort of things all the time , usualy its something theyve stopped doing or done (not praying) that contributed to them getting better , and with a better term its called self discipline ...

one good example is the local "jesus" church here where they claim to heal Coeliac disease among others with the help of prayer ,

but when asked what theyve change in their life all sort s of things pop up but its usualy that they ve stopped drinking beer and eating brown bread and staying away from macaroonies so the real cure is not prayer,
its diet and it has nothing to do with god or religius worship,

if people are that blind that they dont even account for their own actions in life one can but help wonder whats wrong with them.

self discipline and diet

rabies , give me a brake

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I wonder if we aren't looking at this all wrong.

If we could stop war. Soldiers wouldn't loose their limbs

If we could teach people more consideration on the highway, there would be fewer accidents and less pain.

Isn't that what religion is supposed to teach. To make us kinder and more gentle

Maybe if we took on more of the work load ourselves, maybe the test is not in restoring limbs but in preserving them.

Why should God intervene in the choices we make of our own free will?

Why should He restore limbs when we will only take them again?

You don't need eyes to see, legs to get somewhere or arms to make things.

Some of the most inspiring stories I have heard are about people that are handicapped in one way or another, and have used it to their benifit.

I sometimes think that my own handicap is the fact that I have none. God has not chosen to heal me or make me smarter or more inventive.

I guess this lack of inteligence that makes me believe maybe things can get better. Some people would call that Faith.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So, this is your loophole to ensure your victory against the Christians? This is your unbeatable/invincible way to destroy their belief system while bringing them over to a more rational thought structure such as yours?

If you were aware of the real implications of the statement that you're making, you'd probably erase this thread altogether. So, given the fact that I see the futile nature of this future exchange between you and I, I'll abandon it before it gets started. However, let me ask you this... Does attempting to destroy someone else's faith or their beliefs give you pleasure? If it does, you might want to ask yourself about the nature of the intent of our own motives for creating this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Dear Friend,

I am not talking about the case with the Columbs or the Hodgson report - which in both cases later have been found untrustworthy, but the letters that appeared after Blavatskys death to other dedicated people.

Your arguement tells me, that you have only scratched the surface, and you just dont want to investigate.

I must again insist, that you have to get away from the screen and start digging if you want answers.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by AUM68]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by moocowman
I'm trying with no avail to locate this evidence of the jesusyahweh god regenerating amputated limbs, that you allude to .

Be kind enough to direct me please

I think by count there's 3 incidences listed on the thread. One was mentioned twice by oliveoil.

THE MIRACLE OF CADENDA ?

You're joking right ? This is evidence of Jesus regenerating a limb ?

Well, to begin with the article in question makes no mention of jesus or god, apparently the dude rubbed some magic oil in his stump near a virgin of the pillars.

So it would seem that this individual was into some virgin worshipping and seeing how how the jesusyahweh god prohibited idolatry and the worshiping of anything but itself, one can only conclude that the miracle dude was under some demonic influence.

As jesus yahwhe is not referenced in this very tall tale, one can only postulate that (in the religious supernatural paradigm) satan regenerated this unfortunates leg, after all jesusyawhe played no part in the story .

This no jesus involvement comes as no surprise, as throughout this thread, it has consistently been claimed by xtians that jesus inspires doctors to make prostheses for amputees and one day will inspire scientists to regenerate a whole limb.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Umm. Are you serious? That has got to be the weakest argument I have heard you use yet. Considering it falls under the auspex of the CATHOLIC church does it really need to say those things? I am sure I don't need to recount to you Catholic Christian pecularities.

Our Lady of the Pillar (Spanish: Nuestra Señora del Pilar) is the name given to the Blessed Virgin Mary for her claimed appearance in Spain. Her shrine is in the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar in Zaragoza, by the river Ebro.[1]

According to legend, in the early days of the Church, the Apostle James the Greater was evangelizing the Gospel in Caesaraugusta, but his mission was making little progress until miraculously, he saw Mary committing him to Jerusalem. In his vision, she was atop a column or pillar, which was being carried by angels. That pillar is believed to be the same one venerated in Zaragoza today. Miraculous healings have been reported at the scene.[citation needed]

In Zamboanga City, The Philippines, the Virgin of the Pillar has been venerated for almost four centuries. Her statue is embossed at the top of the façade of the 17th century Spanish military fort called El Fuerza Real de Nuestra Señora Virgen del Pilar de Zaragoza. The military fort is now a catholic Marian shrine. The city has also a street named after her - Pilar Street.[2]

Our Lady of the Pillar is celebrated on 12 October and is the patron virgin of Spain, the Hispanic peoples, the hispanicized city of Zamboanga as well as other municipalities in the Philippines, and the Civil Guard of Spain.

María del Pilar is a common female name in Latin American countries. In Spain, it is usually abbreviated to Pilar.

In Davao City, the Circulo Zamboangueño de Davao--through their collaborative efforts--was able to build a shrine in honor of Nuestra Señora del Pilar. The shrine is sited within the premises of the Magsaysay Park.

In the City of Manila, Our Lady of the Pillar is also the patroness of the Santa Cruz church at the heart of the district of Santa Cruz. This church is being administered by the Blessed Sacrament Congregation. The Jesuits had brought along with them the patroness when they administered the church during the Spanish era. In Santa Cruz, Manila, her feast day is also celebrated every 12th of October. However, the church has its Marian procession on the 3rd week of October. The district also celebrates its town fiesta on the same feast day of Our Lady of the Pillar.

SOURCE

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

This is your unbeatable/invincible way to destroy their belief system while bringing them over to a more rational thought structure such as yours?

Well it seems you have the grace to concede his thought structure is more rational than yours.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think that if there is an all-knowing, all-powerful god who created us, then he must hate us. And he hates amputees.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Dude I was fully aware that someone would respond as you have done which takes me here -

If I recall correctly you have no denominational ties so perhaps you may not have come across it.

Time and again a variety of flavored xtians who I've spent time with and also pastors vicars,elders and such who I've met at churches. Have all unanimously denounced the worshiping/praying to saints and Madonnas, statues and stick etc as idolatry and thus separating themselves from the lord.

So as far as these xtians are concerned Satan is is at the root of Catholicism, hey I don't care either way, I'm not the judge on the guy in the sky Xfactor, and I made a point in my post of saying "in their paradigm".

So, not only did I not find any evidence of jesus/yahweh regenerating a limb in this 16th century (?) tall tale of the supernatural, but a shed full of non Catholics xtians ,who denounce Catholicism as the whore of Babylon and such have to reject it by proxy.

Interestingly enough, I have not found (so far) anything to indicate that the church (catholic) has conducted it's obligatory investigation onto the so called miracle of the leg.

Whatever, to reiterate no proof here of jesusyahweh regenerating a limb just hearsay and possibly a fraud. No different to a newspaper clipping from 1919 claiming eating a pound of leaches gave Tom the blacksmith a two foot penis, which was verified by the local saddler.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Thank you for the lovely filler of information I already knew. But other's opinions of them means about nil in the end. Except of course you wish to, use their opinions to pretend that the mentioned earlier account is discredited via pointing it out. And given that you earlier said the account was not an claim of the Christian god healing someone I have very little faith in your claim that you have even looked. Though I do recommend you look up the meaning of the word miracle.
1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Moocowman... please... just say you believe a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Then watcher in the shadows and the rest of the god squad in this thread can feel better about themselves and move on.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join