It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You didn't understand a thing i tried to say did you

Er no

You would like to know if God can do anything. Or if God even exists.

I have no leanings one way or the other, I find no evidence for the reality of the jesusyahweh god that is claimed to appear in the bibles.

Well God doesn't exist. We exist. That is the clue.

No dude, that is an observation and quite a reasonable one at that. Large footprints in the butter could be clue that possibly an elephant had been in my refrigerator.

There is a difference between existence and Non existence. But you dont understand what that is.

Dude as there can be on evidence to prove nonexistence of anything then your assertion is meaningless.

You are thought that if you cant see it. It cant exist. That is because you can only acknowledge existence. You cant acknowledge Non existence.

Dude, i can't see the smell of my feet but I can damn well assure you it is there. I certainly could acknowledge the proof of the nonexistence of something, but again you cannot prove that something does not exist, so again your assertion is meaningless.

Non existence is a dimension we dont have access to when we exist.

No dude nonexistence is what it says something does not exist again which we can never prove. You cant say something is nonexistent over there no more than something is nonexistent over here .

We may or may not have access to dimensions, if they exist then perhaps we may, if they don't exist then we won't but we can never say they don't exist because we haven't looked everywhere.

If we can look everywhere then we could deduce that something does not exist in the everywhere if it is not there, but we do not know that everywhere is all that there is unless it is finite and still we can not prove that it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The pediatric hospitals are still FULL!!!! Millions of xtians buy medical insurance Xtians talk the talk but don't talk the talk It's staggering ,no, it's beyond reason that, millions of kids are in hospital suffering, while those who claim that their suffering can be relieved, are at church patting each other on the back and rolling on the floor. On behalf of those kids in hospital I would like to say, either do it or shut up about it, because empty words only insult to the misery of many.

Your straw man arguments against Christianity might bolster your false sense of security but the truth of Gods word cuts right through them. You will give an account for every idle word spoken. Christianity is about dying to self, crucifying the flesh, picking up your cross and carrying it daily.

You really have no defeater for the tetsimony of Nick Vujicic.

"God can heal you without changing your circumstance."

He was born without arms nor legs. However, God is using to share the gospel around the world...

Jesus never promised to heal everyone. He absolutely promised that we will endure suffering in this life. He sure did!

He also promised it would be well worth it for the faithful.

The Apostle Paul was cursed with a "thorn in his side", (most likely a vision problem) was beaten, imprisoned and eventually beheaded.

" For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." (Ro 8:18-25)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I don't know weather to agree with your philosophy or not. How can something from nothing exist? Please expand.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Thank you Big guy. I would have done this earlier but Im on dial up and, well, ya know. Slowwww connection

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

ok . . . that was a valid answer in a convoluted sort of way.

Now can you answer the negative form of the question?

Why would G*d NOT heal amputees?

[edit on 11/26/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

The question should be What TYPE of healing does god give amputees? Physical or spiritual?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

He was born without arms nor legs. However, God is using to share the gospel around the world...

So your god is going around saying "Hey guys look at what I made aint he cool,""

and Nick is going around saying " Hey look how cool god is, he loved me so much he decided not to give me arms and legs so I can let people know how he loves them so much he decide to give them arms and legs"

Dude if I'd been born like that and someone told me that my father made me like it for whatever perverse reason I'd hardly want to sing the bastard praises.

Did it not occur to you that there are plenty of deformed people about that are not xtian and don't thank the jesusyawhe for the way they are but still kick on happily having come to terms with how they are

Jesus never promised to heal everyone. He absolutely promised that we will endure suffering in this life. He sure did!

Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Needless to say you you can cherry pick and make excuses, as to why that verses doesn't actually mean what it says all day long.

But if you lot can't agree amongst yourselves to begin with it is quite arrogant to present this nonsense to children claiming you know how it is to be read.

The authors were unknown and obviously dead along time, there's little indication that the alleged authors were real.

If your claim is that Jesusyahweh doesn't heal amputees because the books do not say the character would. Well there you go but you certainly cannot say with any authority, why that is the case,as the books are open to interpretation QED this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

This is your unbeatable/invincible way to destroy their belief system while bringing them over to a more rational thought structure such as yours?

Well it seems you have the grace to concede his thought structure is more rational than yours.

You can construe it how you like. If it makes you sleep better to think that I was offering concession, then fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

no oliveoil, because that's another loaded question; it presupposes that G*d exists and that he/it heals amputees.

let's keep it simple.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by spy66

I don't know weather to agree with your philosophy or not. How can something from nothing exist? Please expand.

God tells us that he never changes. God tells us that he always was and always is.

If God existed he would change. If God was Non existence he would never change.

There is a difference between Existence and Non existence. Existence is created.
If God created existence. God cant exist as we perceive existence. God has to be Non existence.

The problem is to acknowledge that Non existence exists. But it does if you think about the future that does not exist yet. There is a lot of things that dont exist yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Fair enough. Remind you though ,you are speaking to an adherent of Christ, so there is no argument as to the "IF'

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by calstorm

What would be ONE argument not to grow limbs back?

A man walks into a crowded auditorium and pulls out a machine gun and opens fire on 500 high school students, once subdued he is questioned as to why he did it and he responds " my dog told me to"

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by spy66

God tells us that he never changes. God tells us that he always was and always is.

There is a difference between Existence and Non existence. Existence is created.
If God created existence. God cant exist as we perceive existence. God has to be Non existence.

The problem is to acknowledge that Non existence exists. But it does if you think about the future that does not exist yet. There is a lot of things that dont exist yet.

So what you are saying is that non-existence exists?

That would make everything existent. That would mean God exists. Your philosophy is flawed.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

So what you are saying is that non-existence exists?

That would make everything existent. That would mean God exists. Your philosophy is flawed.

Yes everything does exist. That means Non existence and Existence.

The future does not exist. But it will come. You can't deny that.

You are a live but one day you will not exist. You can't deny that.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Dude if I'd been born like that and someone told me that my father made me like it for whatever perverse reason I'd hardly want to sing the bastard praises.

You make the fatal error of assuming this brief stay on earth is all there is. Nick will reap eternal rewards. He is bringing God great glory and hope to millions. He is grateful for the life he has and Gods incredible grace. You should listen to the video he explains it quite well.

Needless to say you you can cherry pick and make excuses, as to why that verses doesn't actually mean what it says all day long.

I have not done either. Jesus never promised that he would heal everyone so you are just burning a straw man. Now you are the one cherry picking with no concept of proper exegesis or hermeneutics.

Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

You have cherry picked a verse out of a paragraph for your little straw man burn fest. It isn't much a matter of interpretation as it is minimal scholarship.

"And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”" (Mk 11:22-25)

By your wooden literal standard you would expect Christians to be accomplishing feats of landscaping through prayer. Obviously, Jesus did not literally uproot mountains;This expression was related to a common metaphor of that day, “rooter up of mountains,” which was used in Jewish literature of great rabbis and spiritual leaders who could solve difficult problems and seemingly do the impossible.

It really doesn't take much more than basic reading comprehension to understand the concept here. True faith, by Christ’s definition, always involves surrender to the will of God:"“Have faith in God." God’s will is being unfolded through all of redemptive history, by means of the prayers of His people—as His saving purpose is coming to pass through the faith of those who hear the gospel and repent.

Nick was healed, he said so himself, just not in the way you demand. Sorry God is not in the business of command performances for arrogant skeptics. I would rather be in Nick's condition praising God - than look like Brad Pitt and have a billion dollars with your attitude.

I understand your position, I used to have that same mindset. Thank God that he had mercy on me and changed my heart. You can repent too! God is in the business of miracles

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You can repent too! God is in the business of miracles

Stranger things have happened.
This is only ten minutes, any passing down this avenue of wisdom should watch. This is truth this is decency this is destiny. This is the horrible
object of your hate.

This is what i've meant when mentioning judgement.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
We cant even a agree on what/who/where/why God is and we have leaped to why "HE" can't heal amputees?!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
We cant even a agree on what/who/where/why God is and we have leaped to why "HE" can't heal amputees?!

Well i know who God is. And God does not exist as existence. God created existence that means he can heal and do what ever he wants. He is the owner of his creation.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Well first off who is we ?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Well i know who God is. And God does not exist as existence. God created existence that means he can heal and do what ever he wants. He is the owner of his creation.

Exactly my point. Everyone seems to know "who" god is or have different ideas of him. Your faith and beliefs are indeed fact and I know you believe what you feel and I respect that. But this does not make your definition of god the same as everyone else. There for I feel that arguing or debating what he can or can't do is like discussing who would win in a fight, Superman or Batman.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join