It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

we/wi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wee]
–plural pronoun, possessive our or ours, objective us.
1. nominative pl. of I.
2. (used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.
3. (used to denote people in general): the marvels of science that we take for granted.
4. (used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the medical profession have moral responsibilities.
5. Also called the royal we. (used by a sovereign, or by other high officials and dignitaries, in place of I in formal speech): We do not wear this crown without humility.
6. Also called the editorial we. (used by editors, writers, etc., to avoid the too personal or specific I or to represent a collective viewpoint): As for this column, we will have nothing to do with shady politicians.
7. you (used familiarly, often with mild condescension or sarcasm, as in addressing a child, a patient, etc.): We know that's naughty, don't we? It's time we took our medicine.
8. (used in the predicate following a copulative verb): It is we who should thank you.
9. (used in apposition with a noun, esp. for emphasis): We Americans are a sturdy lot.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Ok I'll be patient and ask again WHO is we.

who -objective whom- what person or persons 2. of what charecter or
importance 3. the person that or any person that 4. a person or a personified thing. wtf

[edit on 26-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What is WHO?
I can be patient as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Well i know who God is. And God does not exist as existence. God created existence that means he can heal and do what ever he wants. He is the owner of his creation.

If God created existence, wouldn't existence be he?
God didn't create existence. God is existence! The "Alpha and Omega" The "Beginning and the End".

[edit on 26-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ok
Who is on first? I don't know. nope He's on 2nd. You said we who is we ?

We cant even a agree on what/who/where/why God is and we have leaped to why "HE" can't heal amputees?!

Who is it that can not agree ? please?

So much for the willfully dense!
Yah Sorry I asked or even showed what little interest I had.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sounds like "he" is referring to "US" the folks here on ATS

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

ok
Who is on first? I don't know. nope He's on 2nd. You said we who is we ?

We cant even a agree on what/who/where/why God is and we have leaped to why "HE" can't heal amputees?!

Who is it that can not agree ? please?

So much for the willfully dense!

Bob, Eric, Jane, Phil, Paul, Raul, Akmed, Carl etc.. ya know.. people.
Talk about willfully dense. What cryptic question is next? Let me guess...
what do you mean by "agree"?

You are only driving my point further home. We have yet to establish the parameters of any of the words here, yet people look for an answer why GOD doesn't heal amputees.

Pleasure talking to you cleverbot.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

You make the fatal error of assuming this brief stay on earth is all there is

I'm open to all possibilities dude.

However once you have proven our individual personalities continue to exist once the brain has died permanently, then please continue and provide to provide proof that this existence is whatever you may claim it to be.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You are only driving my point further home. We have yet to establish the parameters of any of the words here, yet people look for an answer why GOD doesn't heal amputees. Pleasure talking to you cleverbot.

LOL coincidence you mention cleverbot, i was going to as you to run WHO in cleverbot.Cleverbot once asked me a who question so I replied who's on first base and yes indeed cleverbot did the routine quite, er um ,clever

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

"And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mk 11:22-25)

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”"

So how does this instruction change the instruction that -

, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
?

In simple english " While your at it remember to say sorry your father so he can forgive you"

It is a nonsense to imply that the latter would preclude the former or imply that jesus implied there were conditions attached to the "whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. "

The only condition was "believe".

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

I'm glad we have dispensed with the amputee canard.

You make the fatal error of assuming this brief stay on earth is all there is

I'm open to all possibilities dude.

However once you have proven our individual personalities continue to exist once the brain has died permanently, then please continue and provide to provide proof that this existence is whatever you may claim it to be.

I don't need to. Jesus Christ established that when he rose from the dead.

Keep seeking truth and maybe God will find you!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

"If the resurrection of Jesus cannot be believed except by assenting to the fantastic descriptions included in the Gospels, then Christianity is doomed.

For that view of resurrection is not believable, and if that is all there is, then Christianity, which depends upon the truth and authenticity of Jesus' resurrection, also is not believable." –

Bishop John Shelby Spong (Resurrection: Myth or Reality? A Bishop's Search for the Origins of Christianity, p 238).

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by pumpkinorange

ok . . . that was a valid answer in a convoluted sort of way.

Now can you answer the negative form of the question?

Why would G*d NOT heal amputees?

[edit on 11/26/2009 by JPhish]

Because it seems that God's (God says he is Spirit, not flesh) "healing" is always aimed/intended towards one's spirit/soul/supernatural aspect, not one's bodily or other worldly "defects" of concerns, e.g. physical deformity, poverty, lowly job position, etc., which are of the physical world and therefore temporary. Consistent with what others have said, such worldly "defects" or ills or failures or struggles, etc are often what draw people to God, and in turn this glorifies God.

(As said previously, the miracles by Jesus to heal physcial ailments/defects were intended to authenticate Him, but even Jesus as illustrated by my previous quote where Jesus compared physical healing and forgiveness of sin as one in the same.)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

ok . . . that was a valid answer in a convoluted sort of way.

Now can you answer the negative form of the question?

Why would G*d NOT heal amputees?

[edit on 11/26/2009 by JPhish]

Because it seems that God's (God says he is Spirit, not flesh) "healing" is always aimed/intended towards one's spirit/soul/supernatural aspect, not one's bodily or other worldly "defects" of concerns, e.g. physical deformity, poverty, lowly job position, etc., which are of the physical world and therefore temporary. Consistent with what others have said, such worldly "defects" or ills or failures or struggles, etc are often what draw people to God, and in turn this glorifies God.

(As said previously, the miracles by Jesus to heal physcial ailments/defects were intended to authenticate Him, but even Jesus as illustrated by my previous quote where Jesus compared physical healing and forgiveness of sin as one in the same.)

I wish you could step outside of yourself and comprehend what you just said. It's sheer lunacy and in no way explains any of the tough questions that have been asked here. You are 'speculating' at best. God created everything but he cannot create a limb for an amputee.. Jesus healed but it was just a one off at that time? lol.. too much man... sick deformed babies glorify god? people in hardship glorify god? Must be easy for you to say, you are not deformed and have a roof over your head. Mybe you would think less of god's glory if you were in an african desert sitting in a patch of dirt, covered in flies, emaciated and puking blood.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Because that kinda god doesnt exist.. Questions like yours is what made me not believe in a god with that kinda power.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by gerg357]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

I wish you could step outside of yourself and comprehend what you just said. It's sheer lunacy and in no way explains any of the tough questions that have been asked here. You are 'speculating' at best. God created everything but he cannot create a limb for an amputee.. Jesus healed but it was just a one off at that time? lol.. too much man... sick deformed babies glorify god? people in hardship glorify god? Must be easy for you to say, you are not deformed and have a roof over your head. Mybe you would think less of god's glory if you were in an african desert sitting in a patch of dirt, covered in flies, emaciated and puking blood.

It's not easy for me to say; these are not my ideas. I don't understand all the why's of existence anymore than you do. The Bible says God is spirit and that we are all spritual beings in flesh on Earth. And that our condition in the flesh is temporary and that we are intended to be eternal. All of us are deformed...yes, a hundred million persons worse off than I am. So where does this leave us?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

It's not easy for me to say; these are not my ideas. I don't understand all the why's of existence anymore than you do. The Bible says God is spirit and that we are all spritual beings in flesh on Earth. And that our condition in the flesh is temporary and that we are intended to be eternal. All of us are deformed...yes, a hundred million persons worse off than I am. So where does this leave us?

If you don't understand, then faith is the last place you should look. Faith is a copout in that regard.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I suppose that's fine if you want to rest on fallacious argument from incredulity.... That quote didn't even begin to address the points of evidence provided by Dr Craig. He provided no real argument against the resurrection at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

"Faith is a copout in that regard". In what regard?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by moocowman

I suppose that's fine if you want to rest on fallacious argument from incredulity.... That quote didn't even begin to address the points of evidence provided by Dr Craig. He provided no real argument against the resurrection at all.

Oh for goodness sake a couple of women that appear in some books written after the alleged event are proof that the event occurred.

The gospel editors couldn't even get their story straight, about this alleged incident so why on earth should anything else be considered an authentic eye witness account.

What a croc

28) How many women came to the sepulcher?
John 20:1 Only one woman went, Mary Magdalene.
Matthew 28:1 Mary Magdalene and the "other Mary" (Jesus’ mother) went.

29) Mark 16:2 It was sunrise when the two women went to the sepulcher.
John 20:1 It was still dark (before sunrise) when Mary Magdalene went alone to the sepulcher.

30) There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulcher and they were standing up.
Luke 24:4 There was only one angel seen and he was sitting down.
Mark 28:2-5

31) How many angels were within the sepulcher?
John 20:11-12 two,
Mark 16:5 one.

Of course children accept whatever garbage you sell them

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join