It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Perhaps this statement could be displayed in every pediatric hospital, so parents may dry their tears and the children can read it and understand why they suffer so.

Perhaps then the child will feel comforted to know that god intended their suffering so as to send them a doctor who may be an xtian, a pagan, a muslim or satanist, to pod and poke.

The doctor sent by god to figure out why the child screams medicates with drugs developed by the good souls at the Big Pharama labs.

The child may live another 10 years, but in that time the pain and misery of both the child and the family is a testament to gods love.

The child finally is revealed of her suffering in a welcoming death.
The family can now go on with their lives Knowing that god revealed hims self in the child's misery and death, by inspiring doctors and pharmacists to develop new drugs, and priest to set up chapels in hospitals, glory glory.

This type of reasoning is wholly repugnant and is a testament to the irrational excuse made by poster in response to the thread topic .

The OP asked why doesn't god be it jesus yahweh allah kirishna, mocol membe or any other guy in the sky heal amputees.

The response have been one excuse after another, one hearsay story after another, one BS anecdote after another, one scriptural verse after another, but few facts.

There is one fact staring everyone one in the face, that is in spite of street healers, miracles in the churches and pastor that heal with a touch, and millions of xtians claiming that through prayer jesusyahweh heals the sick.

The pediatric hospitals are still FULL!!!!

Millions of xtians buy medical insurance

Xtians talk the talk but don't talk the talk

It's staggering ,no, it's beyond reason that, millions of kids are in hospital suffering, while those who claim that their suffering can be relieved, are at church patting each other on the back and rolling on the floor.

On behalf of those kids in hospital I would like to say, either do it or shut up about it, because empty words only insult to the misery of many.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

No sir, my faith is not that shaky, and my God doesn't really need me to defend Him. I suppose it's just human nature to argue strongly for what you believe.

Don't know about that dude-
I consider myself a quite a sexy guy in fact I'm convinced of it. However some people disagree with me, they think I'm an ugly old mutt.
They spend a great deal of time writing books and articles saying how ugly I am, they stand on street corners and have meetings to discuss my poor looks.

Do I give a crap ? well no of course not I know the truth I'm a sexy guy, do I got to their meetings , respond to their articles and write my own books trying to persuade them how sexy I am ?

No ! I'm too busy getting laid .

Do you understand this ?

I agree that praying is not the only thing I can do, and I do volunteer, donate, etc, although probably not as much as I could

Then why are you wasting your time here, when you have so much to do ?

I must tell you that I feel like you are a bit condescending to me, like I am not as smart as you because I'm fool enough to place my faith in a sky guy. This bothers me a little, but it's ok.

Well dude, I can assure you I'm not that smart and I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone else. If anything I say or do bothers you, then perhaps you should ask yourself why that is and address the issue.

From a personal point of view I don't give a flying monkeys what anyone thinks of me, I'm quite happy with me. Mind you if I was a sad lonely bastard with no friends and everyone avoided me I would take a closer look at how I treat others, or check my deodorant.

I am impressed to see you quote the scriptures, but do you understand them?

No need to be impressed, it's not difficult to look at some books, however I would admit that it's a considerable challenge to read them, as there is much monotony repetition and contradiction within the repetition.

As for understanding, well that is a matter of opinion with whom does the authority of meaning lay ?
After some 1600 years meaning still remains arbitrary, more often than not one individual asks another individual with no more authority on understanding than Roland Mconald.

Not that I understand all of them, or even more than you. It's just that it's easy to get the wrong idea if you don't take the book as a whole.

Then perhaps it's not wise to form an opinion without gathering all the facts, but as you can never do this as the authors were unknown and also dead, then the best you can come up with is your own take but unable to verify any claim of truth.

Your next option of course is to ask someone else, but again the individual can only present you with an opinion based on what that individual chooses to believe.
Neither of you can ever be right or can know the meaning with authority, because you weren't there and again the authors were unknown.

BTW, I come here because I like talking to the wide variety of people on the website, and because it's a whole lot cooler than yahoo news.

As long as we're enjoying the experience cool, life is for living which in my opinion should be nothing but fun.

OH, and I was on the thread about your sig line the other day and I just thought I'd let you know that it doesn't offend me at all. I understand where your coming from.

Cool you don't take offense, see your smarter than most, if everyone has the same attitude then we may just be a happier bunch.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

I mean, if you truly wanted to attack "Christianity" you would go from the hypothesis that the Jewish God was stolen from the Canaanites god "El". And that all other "doctrines" of Christianity have their bases in mystery religions, Hellenistic religions, Sumerian legend, Zoroastrian legend, Egyptian beliefs, etc. All which do have some validity and basis in fact. You probably have some personal experience in the past against the goddess herself. And the only way you will believe would be if you are the marionette and she was your puppet. Tell me of the tao? (If you understand this question, then you will have your answer.)

What difference does the root of xtianity make ?

Ra
Zeus
Eloi
Elohim
Thor
Hathor

Amen
Horus
Set
Osiris

Pleas feel free to add a god

None of the above seems to want to heal amputees either, unless of course you can prove otherwise

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I see that there is no rest for the wicked. Its a miracle this thread has lasted as long as it did. Praise Jesus!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I see that there is no rest for the wicked. Its a miracle this thread has lasted as long as it did. Praise Jesus!!!!

Praise him all you want, but he's still not healing amputees, hallelujah

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if Moocrymans rendition of God heals or doesn't heal amputees.
The God of Israel, Lord Jesus Christ, Heals souls. He makes people whole spiritually.And thats all that matters.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if Moocrymans rendition of God heals or doesn't heal amputees.
The God of Israel, Lord Jesus Christ, Heals souls. He makes people whole spiritually.And thats all that matters.

Well there you go, perhaps you'd be good enough to pass that peace of information on to the obviously deluded, that seem to think praying to your soul Doctor in the sky will somehow regenerate a limb.

I'm sure it will matter to the sick and amputated who bought into the snake oil salesmen s that came knocking at the door with a book of magik.

keeps the money coming in though.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Well there you go, perhaps you'd be good enough to pass that peace of information on to the obviously deluded, that seem to think praying to your soul Doctor in the sky will somehow regenerate a limb.

I'm sure it will matter to the sick and amputated who bought into the snake oil salesmen s that came knocking at the door with a book of magik.

keeps the money coming in though.

At least they will have comfort knowing that there is hope spiritually. And who knows, God works in mysterious ways. He may be even able to help you. Or at least give you hope

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

At least they will have comfort knowing that there is hope spiritually.

Well that's a boon for them, hey kids you can have a life of misery suffering and pain but just remember an invisible guy in the sky loves you so be grateful.

And who knows, God works in mysterious ways. He may be even able to help you. Or at least give you hope

I'm open to all possibilities, but as we've established I wouldn't get my amputated limbs regenerated, never mind any relief to minor ailments so no help on the physical front.

Hope ? Why would I need hope ? The hope of what exactly ? The hope that my child would die and end the misery ?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Alright . . . I am getting really sick and tired of seeing this thread bumped to the top of the board every five seconds.

So I have come in hopes of putting an end to it!

The most effective "answer" to the threads inane loaded question is ironically another question.

That question is,

Why would G*d heal amputees?

Now you can all take turns attempting to answer this question if you like.

Then I will show you why your logic is flawed and we can let this thread die as it should have with this post.

Oh no . . .
I just bumped the thread to the top!
Blast!

[edit on 11/26/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

A persons total being does not only consist of a body. It also consists of a spirit and a soul. The spirit and soul can be healed, but the body always dies.
I guess simple minded people always see things, well... simple.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

The answer to the question of this thread has already been answered. God does heal amputees.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

A persons total being does not only consist of a body. It also consists of a spirit and a soul. The spirit and soul can be healed, but the body always dies.

Yet again this is just what you choose to believe and cannot provide proof of.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Given the alleged attributes of the jesusyahweh god and the claims that he does do this, why on earth would he/it choose not to ?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Alright . . . I am getting really sick and tired of seeing this thread bumped to the top of the board every five seconds.

Does it trouble you that the indolence of the guy in the sky that you may or may not consider to be "real", is being taken to account in front of such a very large audience ?

Needless to say your contribution is always welcome.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yet again this is just what you choose to believe and cannot provide proof of.

Like I said I guess simple minded people always see things, well... simple.

I I suppose you want me to convince you that people have feelings and a conscience as well?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by JPhish

The answer to the question of this thread has already been answered. God does heal amputees.
Your "answer" is not a valid response to the question because you can not properly answer an invalid question . . .

reply to post by JPhish

Given the alleged attributes of the jesusyahweh god and the claims that he does do this, why on earth would he/it choose not to ?

Ok, the OP's question is invalid because it is a loaded question. It presupposes that there is a G*d and additionally presupposes that this G*d won't perform a specific act.

My question is valid; Hence you should respond with an answer, not another question.

reply to post by JPhish

Does it trouble you that the indolence of the guy in the sky that you may or may not consider to be "real", is being taken to account in front of such a very large audience ?

Needless to say your contribution is always welcome.

No, it troubles me that ignorance has apparently gone unrepressed for 28 pages.

I appreciate the welcome . . .

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

By your name I would assume you are a Mason. Does that not require you to believe in a Supreme Being of some sort? Can't be a Mason and be agnostic.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

If you happened to read though those 28 pages you would have found that on the second page the OPs loaded question was answered.
Here it is for the umteenth time
en.wikipedia.org...

If your question is,Is there a God? Assuming there is, Thats not the question of this thread. But to answer you, YES, Yes there is.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by oliveoil]

[edit on 26-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

no, no, no!

you can not give a logical answer to an illogical question. The question the OP presented is IMPOSSIBLE to answer logically.

The only way the OP's question would be valid is if the OP KNEW that G*d won't heal amputees. In which case the only valid answer would be an actual reason for why G*d won't heal amputees. Any other answer would be invalid and is invalid.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join