It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
So why is it do you think that jesus 9assuming jesus is real doesn't heal amputees then,? unless of course you think he does . ?

See response to the same question about God. Jesus does not work against or differently than God, as Jesus himself has said on a number of occasions.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow
The answer is easy... God/Jesus do not exist.

Foul yet again, this is getting quite tiresome. Please post this on a "Does God exist?" thread and provide reasons why you feel this way. The titles assumes God exists.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well to show up in ones lifetime would be considered courteous

A lifetime is what on average...50 to 70 years? How long is infinity?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That real fact is that human beings are very greedy creatures. One day we will pray to heal this amputee, our prayer comes true, next day I'm praying for a billion dollars. You give a person too much slack they will take the rope, strangle you and take what you got. If God gave us the ability to heal the sick, we would take all credit rather then give it to God.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Looking several centuries into the future when it is presumed that stem cells will be used to manufacture body parts including the llost imbs of amputees what will the equivalent ATS thread be?
Perhaps something like "if there is a god why does my body form have to be solid instead of a gas?"
Man will never be satisfied based on his/her current form. Always complaining, never satisfied.
p.s. I am a firm believer in the fact that I dont know if I was created or not. I wasnt around at the time.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
why doesnt god heal amputees?........because there isnt one....

Another cop-out answer. The title of the thread assumes one exists. If one cannot respond under this assumption, then the response is off topic. The thread title is "Why won't God heal amputees?"

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
So... Where's God, Allah, etc? Why doesn't Satan get a wild hair and perform a few miracles- make God look bad? *listens to crickets*

It seems you prefer crickets over awaiting a timely response. Enjoy your crickets, I'll provide answers to those who wish to hear them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

Also, by your line of thinking, me asking God for a million dollars, a house on the beach, women, fame, power, etc...... All these things should be granted to me, because I believe unquestionably so.

Well the words are pretty unambiguous if you choose not to believe it then hey what the hell do i care ?

But you know what? I have never asked for any of those things. Not because I don't want them, but because I know it's wrong and selfish

Well hey if you're happy as you are good for you, no doubt you would be as equally as happy if by some misfortune you lost your legs. Keep on trucking if you think it's wrong and selfish for you then good for you , others may not share your opinion but there we go we all have own own opinons.

If I did ask for them, I don't think they would be granted,

Well of course not ,Whether you think you would or you think you wouldn't you're right as was made plain to you in the scripture.

nor would I be praying for the right reasons.

Only you can decide that my friend, each of us will make our own decisions, I believe it is what you call free will.

Instead I pray for forgivness for my wrongdoings,

Why not try forgiving yourself , after all the kingdom of heaven is within you, or weren't you listening.

be with, the hurting, toh me in all things, for Him to comfort the suffering, to help the starving

The starving still starve, and the suffering still suffer, did you not hear the words, have no thought for the morrow, sell your goods leave your home and follow me.

and also the strength to soldier on in my faith while I am beset by doubt and trouble on all sides, and last but not least, I pray that He knows I don't expect Him to bend to my will, but to know that I will gladly bend to His. Basically, I pray that He will be my God and I will be His people.

Jeez dude, there's a guy in the sky that has given you a playground of unlimited possibility and all you can do is suck your thumb. Life is for living not grovelling, you can grovel for eternity when your dead.

If you are so concentrated about the suffering and starving, get off your blasted knees and stop asking jeseus to sort it out.

Why don't you sort it out ?

Why are you wasting your time here ?

Every minute you are on here some baby dies of starvation another gets blown to bits in wars etc. It is quite clear that your jesus is not saving these sufferers, so why the hell aren't you ?

You've been given the ability to change the world, but the best your brilliant mind can come up with is to while away your time on here padding your ego with sickly piety.

Why is it you feel an omniscient,omnipresent,omnipotent,omnibenevolent being needs you to defend it ? You think your god is no match for me ?

Is your faith this shaky ?
Bah

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Well to show up in ones lifetime would be considered courteous

A lifetime is what on average...50 to 70 years? How long is infinity?

I suppose one could end up down the road of what is meant by "generation"

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I'm trying with no avail to locate this evidence of the jesusyahweh god regenerating amputated limbs, that you allude to .

Be kind enough to direct me please

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is a funny topic. With a lot of confused believers.

Every time we poor humans feel very needy. We pray to God to grant us our wishes. But look around. What have we done to deserve anything from God.

If we don't need anything we dont give God or anyone a damn thought or a prayer.
We humans are pathetic and greedy in the eyes of God. Maybe that's why God never grants us anything. We dont deserve anything.

The world we live in is the mirror of our intuition and dreams. We have fought for this world. We have sacrificed for this world. We have dreamt of this world.

But when we look at it. We cry in tears and say: This is not what i wanted.

But still we do everything in our power to keep everything just as it is. We bitch and complain and in the end we blame God for every mistake we make.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
As to the poster above this is where I will hang my hat on this topic. I'm sick of arguing it.

You've lost hope already?

There is no winning. Either those will believe or not.

What if Christ had the same attitude with you?

I just hope for their sakes they decide one day to believe in God.

All the more reason to grab some popcorn and stay until the end of the movie.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by reasonable

I live with a severe disability caused by a traumatic injury.

For the first three years I could see no purpose for it...
...it seemed like everything I worked years toward was futile.

Then my partner was diagnosed with a medically incurable disease...
...and was given four months...
...and because I was unable to work I focused all my attention on understanding the condition and the range of medical protocols and alternative modalities that could manage or cure it.

Six years later my partner is in remission by all objective criteria...
...without resorting to solutions from Pharma.

We have a saying...nothing every happens to us only ever for us.

I love my disability.

That is simply your crutch. A faith that you are disabled for a reason larger than life. It's how you cope, a coping method and nothing more. Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

Where did I mention God, religion or faith?

Call it Cognitive Dissonance if you must...
...but I still have a healthy partner who is alive...
...and did not become a victim of western medicine.

And I think I just refuted your OP.

It's easy to ignore the real challengers to your flawed philosophy eh Mr Reasonable?

You are systematically condemning yourself...
...don't you know this parable?

"I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45 Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'" Matthew 25:42-45

You have been given the job of responsibility toward fellow humans...
...and yet you blame God for the job you have not done.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
most christians arent even christians even thou they say they practice the religion.

most christians quote the book with out even having read it as a whole with all the material around the book thats not published in the book.

most christians ...

most christians ....

most christians ....

Not only is this completey off topic, but you've neglected to post any statistics to valid your claim.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

exactly..created in his image..we have perverted our original creation..the world was created perfect..as were we..no pain or anything like that..we screwed it up..dunno how you cant grasp that..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR
What I never understood is... "God" gave us free will correct?

To a large extent, but not entirely. There is His plan that is uncorruptable.

Yet if we do not believe in him and follow his teachings we burn in hell for all eternity? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Free will has consequences. You're free to rob a bank, but don't be surprised when you're arrested and put into jail.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm aware of the deep meaning of it, however, it still baffles me. Say an African tribe member dies, does he go to hell? He's completely unaware of Christianity as a whole, and has not had any formal teaching or even the opportunity to learn about Jesus.

God alone knows. He's the judge, but even before that, He knows what's in the heart of a person.

What happens to him?

Revelation 20 for details.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Because, like I said many many times, religious beliefs are preventing this world from advancing, ESPECIALLY when its comes to things like amputee regrowth,

Please provide evidence that demonstrates Christianity is preventing amputee regrowth.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I'll answer that one: God's entire reputation and existence is hanging on how these "Christians" act,

Not so. The example of of Christianity is Christ. Otherwise we'd be known as Otherpeopleians. I'm very grateful I'm not an Otherpeopleian because I would be following a flawed example. I'm grateful no other Christians are following my example, because my example is flawed too. Thank God for Christ, in whom there is no fault.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

zZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzz, boring , next....

how many christians do you know that stone disobidient children or homosexuals ?

probobly non, that make 100% of the christians you know dont live by a law made to you by the christian god.

how many christians do you know that does not engage in festivities for 100days from xmass to easter ? probobly non

i could go on making these contradictions christians live by in ignorant bliss

and by judging your name i asume you to have missed the point of the "do not worship false icons" remark....

but its ok, most christians are realy lost and im not judging them for what they do or belive , i just belive its very hypocritical to say one thing and wave a book in someones face when not have read it or understood the context withinn nor its origins.

with that said ill end with ,

just because you belive in a god does not make you a christian it just makes you a theist and if you live by the christian god then when was the last time you stoned disobidient children ?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join