It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Based on certain things you’ve typed in your response I assume you’re a bible believing person or once were a bible believing person. With that being said, my response will be from that perspective.

I have done some serious pleading/ praying to God (which devolved into demands and screaming after 20 years, but I digress). My requests were ridiculously simple: ONE woman, who I loved, and a job where I could use every last talent I have. Yes, I DID work hard to achieve these goals as well- I put forward all I had.

Sounds very similar to myself, only thing is I also wanted a Countach and lacked discipline. But what did you seek first?

What happened: EVERYTHING went horribly wrong, time and again- even when I lost the woman to someone else- and just asked for the job.

Everything went horribly wrong for Job also, what did he do? In whatever you experience you need to walk away from the experience having grown in a positive way. In addition, the woman was not yours, so you can’t you lose what you never had.

I went thru stuff I found no normal person ever has. I am now on disability, struggling thru life, fiddling in a 3d program...

What have you been through that no normal person has? Rejection, loss of self esteem, financial collapse, crushed dreams? Struggling through life? Friend what is life? The comforts of a home, food, clothing and entertainment or the journey to attain those things? Is life what you make it or what “god” and others make for you? Is life all about how you treat your fellow man? What is life? In regards to the 3D program, did your career goals have something to do with 3D animation or anything like that? If so send me a U2U.

I'll be honest- my life's at an end.

No. Because things did not turn out as anticipated, you assume your life is over.

There's no joy, no goals, no contentment, and there's *certainly* not "Life: More Abundantly".

Where are your priorities? In having joy, goals and being content, or is your priority serving the one you prayed to and serving those he said you should serve?

I've heard every excuse from people as to why- including the snide, stupid moronspeak from certain people on ATS (you KNOW who you are).

I’ve yet to give you an “excuse”, and before today, have never spoken with you.

Notice how small the ratio of answered prayers: asked prayers is- unless said person has large amount of money and an even bigger family... The discrepancy is huge. The ones who are broke, who are alone- all they get is lip service and 'Dont worry! God'll get around to you in HIS TIME'.

The problem with this is no one has the ability to compare the ratio of unanswered and answered prayers. However, I agree with you when you say the ones who are broke are often the ones who hear the lip service, and many times the people who provide the lip service are doing it so they can take advantage of the person.

Let's look at that, shall we? Why are the less fortunate in life the ones who always, ALWAYS hear this tripe? And almost as always from the rich, happy, fat believers? It points to 1 of 2 things for me: God doesnt exist, and the entire 'miracles' thing is nothing but dumb luck and what the church can put in motion thru whatever means, or God likes to jerk people around: "Johnny needs $5 for food, and watches as Mr Believer asks for $ for a new car, gets it, and is much happier".

See above, and let me address each point. Others manipulating and perverting the scriptures for their gain does not mean a god doesn’t exist. In fact, if you were to look at certain scriptures in the bible, you’ll see many people who say “Lord , Lord” and claimed to believe will be told to depart. In addition, you can find scriptures saying people would pervert the scriptures for their own gain. As far as who god likes, again, according to the bible he is not a respecter of persons and blesses whom he wants, the just or unjust.

For those of you who don't think this happens- check out the church parking lots. See who has the most expensive car, or in cases I have seen lately, the restored antique sitting outside the front of the church like a showpiece. Where do the millions poured into churches annually go?

Usually the preacher has the most expensive car. Where does the money go? Usually to the preachers pocket, and then to those who helped him line his pockets.

If it went to the poor and less fortunate, Pastor wouldn't be getting a brand new car (or be restoring one) every couple years, have a huge house, and afford half a dozen kids.

I agree with you 100%.

So... Where's God, Allah, etc? Why doesn't Satan get a wild hair and perform a few miracles- make God look bad? *listens to crickets*

Assuming Satan exists, it would be beneficial to do what you just said, and the bible says he would do exactly what you said.

In closing, I once again want to state that I assume you’re a bible believing person or once were a bible believing person, so if my assumptions were wrong my apologies, but you used certain aspects of the bible in your response, that is why my responses have that kind of slant.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To me, "prayer" is positive thinking and I think positive thinking helps you. I don't know if there is a God but I will not say there isn't. People have the right to worship a toad if they want to, but I also have that right to say no to that. You get what you get in this world by choices and if you make the wrong ones you will pay for them. God didn't amputee the legs so why should he grow them back? I don't think God healed the rabies or the tumor. There's a first time for everything and surviving rabies was one. Having a tumor disappear is another. But all in all I honestly think that positive vibes can heal anything.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

This has to be one of the most ill informed posts (especially the claims about religion and Africans) ever posted on ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

You get the proof, if you examine the case of The Mahatma Letters.
If you get your facts right, you will find the first proof on your way to enlightendment.

The Mahatma Letters on British Museum, is the originals from some Masters (you can call them Gods) which materialized and is written in a way, that was impossible at the time they were archrived at the British Museum.

Investigate it - and you will find your proof
(investigating is not to use Google - it is Get In Depth with books, travel etc.)

I have been a sceptic for 27 years, and have spend my time finding proof.
I have been there, I have seen things - I know there is more - much more.

You too can find the proof, but you have to get up and away from the screen and begin a serious investigation instead of shouting at the christians here on ATS

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I've already addressed what you're asking, have directed you to the post that contained the answer, but so far you've failed to acknowledge it. That tells me you aren't operating in the realm of logic (your A, B and C is actually rooted in several fallacies) and use this thread to further your bashing of religions, particularly the Christian religion.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

Again, your posts do not answer the question and the Mahatma letters are no proof. Hindus have the Vedas and other things as "proof". The Jews have the Torah, Talmud and Qaballah. Muslims have the Quran, Christians have the OT and NT (and depending on the sect even some apocryphal and pseudographical works.) See all these people have these books and scriptures, but where is the evidence that those who say God or "the gods" wrote them are telling the truth? Even those who say the scriptures are "inspired" have no tangible proof, and it all goes back to faith and how you interpret it. Were you present when the Mahatma letters were transcribed? What evidence do you have that it isn't a comic book tale and words of lunatics as to the words of "masters" giving insight to a few?

We are talking about miracles, and once again, if I cut my hand off, in my own home, I shouldn't have to "get out more" or read something about so-called masters, to get the job done.

EDIT I haven't yelled at anyone, so you shouldn't accuse me of doing things I haven't.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

The whole point is faith, God is not going to provide you with the "proof" you seek:

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

He wants us to believe that He exists based on faith, not on proof.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stuback

I'm not asking for god to provide me with proof. I'm asking for the person who I was having a conversation with to provide proof that supported the claims he made. Before you comment any further, I suggest you read the exchange between that person and myself. In addition, I suggest you read what you quoted again, and be on the look out for the word faith.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Because God "works in mysterious ways". HA! I'm joking. It's because God doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Pardon me for butting in...I did not read all of the posts....

But I am somewhat mystified by your last suggestion...

But without faith it is impossible to please Him. Ok, so I see the word faith??

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stuback

Now read the exchange between myself and the other member, and you'll see why I mentioned faith.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

again..it is not Gods fault people go spreading falsehoods about things being done in his name..You need to stop trying to blame God for all the bad in the world when it is our fault as human beings..we have ruined the earth..not God

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

its not what the Mahatma Letters say, its the way they where made.

Have you seen them and investigated their origin ?

thats the proof - as I understand , no one have debunked them yet !

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Hemisphere

The invisible healing scenario never happens with amputees, as a missing limb would be seen if replaced. On the other hand a tumor or some type of cancer can be misdiagnosed and then found to have miraculously healed, gone, etc. For all I know, sometimes these things naturally subside

We have already established that this threads question has been answered.

www.clairval.com...

I'm certain I could find a website that has historical references that green is blue. From what I've read Pinocchio grew a nose. I have faith you could do the same.

Peace to you olive!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
reply to post by EMPIRE

its not what the Mahatma Letters say, its the way they where made.

You're throwing logic and common sense to the wayside. There is no evidence that supports the claims that ascended masters wrote them, spoke them or that they (the letters) materialized into this world.

Have you seen them and investigated their origin ?

Seen them in person? No. Investigated their origin? I've done some research, and as previously stated, there is no evidence to support the claim.

thats the proof - as I understand , no one have debunked them yet !

Were you there when the letters were transcribed? Were you there when the so-called ascended masters were said to have spoken those words? Were you present when the letters were said to materialize into this world? If you've answered no to any of the questions you have nothing to stand on outside of your faith, interpretation and predisposition to certain belief systems. In other words, you have no evidence to support your claims.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
most people who deny God or claim he doesnt exist have parasitic relationships with God rather they know it or not. theyre only reason or excuse is why doesnt he heal this, or help that or do this. everything is gimme gime gimee take take take. what have you done for God lately for him to heal you or help in a situation.

do you tithe 10%? do you live your life right or are you out doing everything the worlds way?
do you believe and listen to what is said in the bible and that it IS the word of God or are you complaining about it was written by man and God had nothing to do with it?
do you accept Jesus christ as your lord and savior and are born again or are you saying there is no proof he existd or rose from the dead?
are you helping your fellow man or are you contributing to the problem?

God isnt just going to bow down and answer every prayer, every problem, and every pain you have. thats not how it works and thats not how its intended to be.

there are special cases in which things do happen to people that is not Gods will for their life but just because something bad happens doesnt mean God cant turn it into a positive if you let him and have FAITH.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

ha ha - I am only writing about the letters - have you studied their origins or seen them (the letters) ?

I have - seen the letters and watched their handwriting under a microscope - seeing the unexplained letters witch is made of tiny lines - and when the letters arrived at British Museum, there was no technology to make the letters this way.

I have tryed sceptics and scientists for answers - and no one can explain how it was possible that the letters was produced.

so - so far for me - thats the proof.

I guess that is also why British Museum finds the letters interesting

At last - sorry for any misunderstanding , which only is caused by my bad translation from danish

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I'm certain I could find a website that has historical references that green is blue. From what I've read Pinocchio grew a nose. I have faith you could do the same.

Your speaking to a colorist by trade who happens to be a Jewish Christian - I'll let the nose thing slide.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

ha ha - I am only writing about the letters - have you studied their origins or seen them (the letters) ?

I have addressed this in my previous post.

I have - seen the letters and watched their handwriting under a microscope - seeing the unexplained letters witch is made of tiny lines - and when the letters arrived at British Museum, there was no technology to make the letters this way.

So do you have evidence, a video perhaps, that prove you've seen them and show writings made of tiny lines materlizing into our world? If you have nothing to show, you have no proof--period.

I have tryed sceptics and scientists for answers - and no one can explain how it was possible that the letters was produced.

Who are these people you tried? Give names, dates and contact info.

so - so far for me - thats the proof.

I guess that is also why British Museum finds the letters interesting

At last - sorry for any misunderstanding , which only is caused by my bad translation from danish

For you it is proof, but for critical thinkers and those who operate in the realm of logic, it isn't proof but claims supported by your words. In addition, the British Museum finding the letters interesting does not mean the letters are remotely interesting or even supernatural in origin.

Proof, where is it?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

first problem is, you dont want to move your butt to find the evidence . you want it served right here on the screen. so I guess it will never happen.

But this issue regarding the letters isnt in a video . I guess you would propably say that it was manipulated in someway, if I showed you a video anyway, right ?

But you are lucky today - a book deals with this problem with illustrations of the letters
catalogue.nla.gov.au...

so, are you satisfied now ?
- I guess not - so sign off, and get out there - there is a lot of evidence to investigate

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join