It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest street gang in America.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow, one word is all that comes to mind, yet with absolute gurantee of being banned I will use this instead

I have always felt lucky living in Australia, this gives me another reason to love my homeland, don't get me wrong we too here in Melbourne have had our fair share of Idiot Police (not many though) and not even close to the lunacy shown in the movie...

Here is the current episode of Highway Patrol filmed here in Melbourne, it follows our TOG - Traffic Operations Group on the road. Somehow, I can't help but feel what if these members of society found themselves across the pond, would they be afforded the same reasoning our Police Officers have given these obvious "nutters" seems not, notice how not one officer feels the need to even un clip their holster let alone pull out their firearm...

I'm not saying this show is the upmost example of all our officers, but I can say with my 29 years of life experience here in Melbourne that it isn't that far off the mark...

1 quick note, the major difference I find when watching foreign Police shows (Mostly US) & Australian shows is more emphasense on "Safety" here in Aus versus "Non Compliance" overseas...

[edit on 19/11/09 by 7even]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
[edit on 19-11-2009 by ^anubis^]

[edit on 19-11-2009 by ^anubis^]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The abuse of power shown in these incidents is disgusting. No, not all cops are bad, not even close. The vast majority of them are good honest people who are just trying to do a job. That doesn't excuse the actions of the few though.

On a quick search, it appears there are about 840,000 police officers in America. If even only a half a percent of them are bad cops, that is still 42,000 people who are a danger to civil society.

The issue for me is that it is police who investigate police. That also opens up the system to a lot of abuse. If you can't say that the actions of those officers were not criminal, I don't think there is hope for you. For most of the cases shown in the video, the investigations showed that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution. Really? 26 seconds between exiting the vehicle and shooting a crash victim with severe burns dead with the officers own verbal testimony doesn't warrant an criminal investigation? How about the beating of that young woman where the video mysteriously disappears? No need to investigate further?

Until there is a real independent means of reviewing these cases, this type of stuff will continue to happen, to all of our detriments. The Mounties in Canada are (in)famous for finding no wrong doing on behalf of their officers who commit crimes.

I have a lot of respect for cops. I know a few. Grew up with a few people who became cops. Related to a few. They do a damn hard job under a lot of pressure. That doesn't excuse the criminals in their midst though. until we have a real means to pursue these types of cases, the abuse will not stop. Police investigating other police will most often end up in favour of the cop. It is just how it goes. That doesn't mean we should accept it.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
*Snip* da the poalice lol serious dont matter if the police are corrupt or your friendly local gang member, all in all where human beings give a monkey a shotgun he cant keep peace with the rest, theres no sense in it, rules commandments or codes there all *Snip*, at the end of the day theyre just people badge or not. everybody owns somebody in that world its all corrupt, they say its all u.s with gangs and you cant walk down the streets, thats bull everyday i go to the shop theres some young lad sitting there with a knife in his jacket, police dont give a *Snip* realise there just there lies a spook*Snip* gangs *Snip* the police *Snip* everyone just go bout your ways and forget it all its simple

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
They have infested every city in america, their numbers are rapidly increasing, they have a seemingly endless amount of money that will most definitely go towards weapons to be used on innocent people, their code of silence keeps their members quiet so they are free to beat you steal from you or even kill you, unlike most gangs whose race is required for membership they are a mixed gang with all races and religions working together to terrorize the innocent, they do not have to answer to the law because they are the ones we trusted to enforce the law.

However increasingly throughout the years we have seen how corrupt they are. They are no longer there to protect and serve but to honestly enslave and exterminate. Police corruption is out of hand I will not argue that police may be a necessary part of society but something has to be done to bring them under control.

I was outraged after watching this video, at points I could not believe that a stupid uniform could change a persons mentality to such a disgusting point. Something is terribly terribly wrong with the police forces across the country.

The largest street gang in America.

I'll watch the rest of that video later, but I watched some of it and remember some of those cases. You are right, the most dangerous gang out their is the police. They are preying on people. I have this to say to the people who think that good arrest those kids or beat those individuals etc. etc.. One day it may be you on the receiving end of these and there won't be anybody their helping you either. It's literally dangerous to be around people who are police, truly dangerous. If your a girl who is going out or married to a police officer, your out of your mind. For one try to leave him and see what happen? Just like any gangbanger that can't look weak that his woman is leaving him or going out with somebody else, he will intimidate you or even beat you in order to keep you with them. Many times those women are beaten women who have been made "docile" because of their man. If he intimidates individuals out on the street on the daily basis, you have to expect he does it at home also.

As the economy gets worse, the police will get worse (they really don't need a reason). When the martial law provision finally comes into being once our economy implodes, you will know what a police state is like. When you as a man try to avoid places where police or govt. officials are at in order not to be detained or messed with. When your a woman who must dress down severly when she goes out of the house for anything (work, grocieries etc.) because you don't want to attract the attention of a police officer or govt. official that takes a liking to you and will mess up your life or your families life if you don't sleep with them. If your even afraid to go outside, YOU ARE IN A POLICE STATE. It may seem that they do this to minorities, poor and disenfranchised, but it's not anymore. They are doing this to people of the middle class and upper who aren't connected or are on somebodies "don't like" list. Sounds like a third world dictatorship to me. Where the rich goes by their rules and the rest live with it. While the police and govt. officials eek out a living which is allowed them by the elite to prey on the mass of humanity that is their for the picking.

Just as in that first scene about the boy who was THROWN NOT SLIPPED of the overpass. The cops coming out and saying why they tazered him 19 times was because he was non-responsive and was saying "killing cops and kill cops". Yea, they had to say something. They couldn't say that the cops got ticked at the youth and threw him off the overpass, and when he didn't die and/or walk off they kept tazering him hopeing that he would die. Sounds about right doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I believe the best solution to these problems is to place anonymous civilian police review boards. The police are providing a service, a service to keep us safe. They should hold their jobs with the highest regards to regular human beings. They should show each individual their highest duty.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
You are right, there are plenty of good cops out there. The problem is the bad cops.

And what do you call the "good cops" when they lie or remain silent in order to protect the "bad cops"?

There is no such thing as a good cop.

I recommend that all good citizens read "21 Techniques of Silent Killing". Focus on the temple and the suprasternal notch. A vest won't cover those areas.

Edited to add: I have a brother-in-law and a sister who ride ambulances and another sister who works as a medical technician. They all tell me that, in their experience, most cops have small wangs. I'm not making this up.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
flag and star and second... or wait like 654th?

and they suck at their jobs, at least the ones i've encountered.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by obamalivechat]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I'm a cop and as I have said in other threads, some of us are actully honest and fair and even take care of people that "like you" lump us all together and hate us all.

Hats off to you Sarge.

I hope you watched the video. If you did, what would you have done if you saw one of your partners doing some of the things that were done in the video?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
reply to post by FortAnthem

i highly disagree. some cops are assholes yes. but its not because they are cops its because they are just assholes by nature.

i never saw them as a savior or anything of that matter. some cops think they are the law. well that's because they have an ego. it happens

just know your rights and don't make trouble.

No it is a culture - the entire premise of police has been completed distorted.
Police are a very modern phenomenon - 150years at best. Even so no they are entirely subservient to the citizen in every way - it is US the people who decided to user them to protect ourselves from danger.
They have been entirely co-opted to enforce the law - this is secondary to protecting us from people violating the law and endangering us. THAT IS A FACT - it is a transfer of what is known as the authority to violence, it is the defining feature in STATE THEORY.

The police are now used to enforce class divisions, primarily the political and business class employ police to prevent dissent to decisions and challenges to power.

That is the culture, they are a law unto themselves, and are encouraged to be so by those they now serve.

Your culture and society is completely forsaken when you are unable to even see this simple point.

It is not a rotten apple, it is a culture of corruption which plagues police in every nation.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

About three or four years ago, in the fall, I went to Nashville, Tennessee with some friends to see a Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead cover band) show, with a band called Boombox playing in between the sets. This one kids must have been really high on extasy, because he was being really obnoxious, not violent mind you, just annoying. He never said anything, was just being sort of sexually suggestive in his movements and expressions, and kept coming up to the girl dancing on stilts who was a part of the show and making obscene gestures. The security took him outside and we didn't think twice about him until after the second set and finally the show was over.
When we went outside one of the parking lots was perimetered with police tape in its entirety. As our car was in that lot, we had no choice but to wait. I was there with three good looking girls, and one of them managed to get some information (and a ride to White Castle for all of us!), from one of the venue's managers.
Turns out the guy got tazered about 13 times... until he convulsed to death... for "disruptive behavior." Anyway, I believe tazers have been outlawed for police use since then (in TN), but I'm not completely positive.

Some pretty messed up stuff, huh?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote

I recommend that all good citizens read "21 Techniques of Silent Killing". Focus on the temple and the suprasternal notch. A vest won't cover those areas.

Yeah... Ooohkay Dwight...

(The Office US, anyone?)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
C mon you guys How many on ATS have actually been tasered beaten up falsely arrested by "rouge cops" I suggest very few on the whole,
On initial basic training you are taught profiling, To automatically appraise a situation and then act accordingly, You know they have careers kids and mortgages to ya know ??

Always be nice to a policeman you never know when you need one !! ..

Oh, KMA, when you actually need a cop they are minutes or hours away. When you actually do not need one they are seconds away.

Give me a fracken break. Cops are unnecessary in todays climate except for the purpose of tax collection. If you could actually get a accurate analysis of the arrests or fines imposed by "cops" today, all you would see is tax collection.

All one needs to see for the dissolution of their reality is one incident with the tax collection of today's "cops".

Frack the pigs! Their is at least 1 in 10 good cops. WTF!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
all you idiots talking about killing cops and not trusting them. shut the hell up. what were you arrested as a kid for some pot or something and now you just hate cops?

RIDICULOUS. you guys are the same people who run to the cops as soon as something happens. you are the guys who act big and tough in front of friends but pray for cops if you saw a minority walking your way.

you see yourself as little anarchists ready to change the world. Bull#. get off that trip your on and deal with the facts. cops are dicks. yea its true. not all of them but some. Why? because they have to deal with pissants like you, who treat every traffic stop like its an invasion of your rights.

everyone has a problem with authority. but if it wasnt for these "pigs" you would be the first ones picked off as the real gangs took over.

say want you want about cops. but if they are making problems for you. chances are you deserve it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

You sound like a genuine cop. The belittling. The assertion of your illusion of power. The insults. The seething hatred you have for anyone who doesn't respect your authoritah. The lack of intelligence and automatic use of anger.

Yep. A genuine cop. If not, then you should really consider becoming one. You'd fit right in.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You seem pretty firm on sticking up for the police. I think you're missing the point of the video a little bit. The cops were arresting people over asking for a form, especially after the people didn't want to give a name and address. I've said it a couple of times, but I'll say it again since you missed it, but if they ask for your name and address and you give it to them you relinquish your rights over to them right then and there and they can do what they want with you; even if you didn't do anything wrong. However, if you did nothing wrong and they ask for your name and address and you don't give it to them and they arrest you, that is force and not LAW and that happened at more then 50% of the police stations, also that leaves you open to take legal action against the whole station for supressing your rights. Now, we are not talking about possible anarchists that really aren't or whatever it is you said, but we are talking about police abusing their authority and breaking people's natural laws, and thus we have to open our mouths and take a stand when enough is enough. What would be the straw for you, to get jammed up for no reason? Well, that has happened to people and it was the straw for them, injustice for one is injustice for all, beleive it or not we're in this together...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wow, most of you people make me sick. My father was a Police Officer that was killed in the line of duty in 1978. He wasn't killed by a gang banger, or some criminal on a drug trip. No he gave his life up to save children from a burning building. TO PROTECT THEIR LIVES!

I'm not a Police Office, I decided to put my life up for this Country and joined the Air Force back in 2001, and I've been serving proudly since then. I've been to Iraq, I joined the military to protect this Country, because I love my Country. I'm willing to die for my beliefs and the longer I spend on this earth the more and more set in my ways I become.

I wish people such as yourselves would pack up and leave my beautiful Country. Because I actually enjoy having those so called "Pigs" patrolling my streets. I only wish there could be more, because for the 1 bad cop out there, there's 9 more good cops who do a job that they believe in.

Somebody in a previous post mentioned that a half of a percent of the police force (about 850,000 estimated in America) is about 42,000 officers and that's too many bad police officers that it's dangerous. Hey DUMBASS, 8,500 would be 1% so that's 4,250 would be .5%. Seriously, can you personally introduce me to a bad cop that YOU KNOW? I bet you can't!

You know why I don't worry about a Police Officer beating me? It's because I don't break the law.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Thank you.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The people on this board that are so gung ho to hate cops and jump on each and every anti cop thread that happens disgust me. I wonder how fast these punks would cry for the cops to save them if they were in a penitentiary for a few days?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video because I've seeen it before on Youtube and I know I don't want to watch it again. The problem is not that there are a few bad cops. The problem is who is training them. Since 911 the DHS has been going around training cops, getting them to buy their riot gear. This is part of Iron Mountain. This is not an accident. That the DHS is trained and staffed by CIA and that the CIA was trained and staffed by Gestapo and SS is another factor. The character of the entire organization of law enforcement and of the secret and illegal parts of our government are coming out in abusing our citizens. That demon cop in Texas who tasered the 72 yr old grandmother is part of it. He was making a TRAINING FILM for Pete's Sake. He made her lie down before he tasered her so she wouldn't get hurt from falling. Somewhere somehow we need to DRAW A LINE. Also the old lady in Katrina who was beat up for trying to hand in her empty gun. That should never have happened and the others present would not have let it happened if this weren't a NEW DAY. The NWO is pushing police brutality as policy to get cops used to turning on citizens.

www.youtube.com... 72 year old grandmother & DEMON COP

www.youtube.com... Paster beat up by border patrol
He says "Why is this happening in the United States of America?"

Wake Up, People. This is not the exception, this is now the rule.

www.youtube.com... Was Oathkeepers founded in response to Katrina?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
We should have an Oscar award for worst cop. I nominate the Texas DEMON COP who tasered the 72 year old grandmother. He deserved DEMON COP OF THE YEAR award, for that year anyway.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join