It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest street gang in America.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

At least someone replied.

Perhaps the police departments need to recognize the stressful environment in which the actual officers on the street have to deal with.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

My question to all the police haters on this site... What is the alternative?
What is your proposal for a new type of police force? What do you want to see happen to correct these situations?

There already is a proposal, Internal Affairs. The conflict being that IA is usually a division within the department it investigates answering to the chief and made up of, you guessed it, police officers.

In some cases there is civilian oversight but this is not the case with most agencies.

My proposal would be that IA should be a federal institution, independent of police, having investigatve powers only over the police departments, and not of their own prerogative, but rather at the duress of civilian complaints.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A friend of my was in the service way back when Marcos was the President of the Philippines.

They had shore leave and he and a buddy were at a market place looking to buy some souvenirs. A little boy approached and took the watch from my buddies wrist and started to run away.

One of the store clerks should "Thief" and a police officer pulled his gun and shot the kid. As the kid lay dieing in the street, the police officer took the watch from the hands of the kid and gave it back to my friend.

That story has been with me for a long time. Most of the stories I hear on this site don't compare to things that happen in other parts of the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Perhaps the police departments need to recognize the stressful environment in which the actual officers on the street have to deal with.

Stressful indeed.

I think most of the problem is that the goods cops, sometimes the union, defend the bad ones to the point that the whole system looks bad.

Sometimes, even when the bad ones are fired, they are still able to get a job as a cop in another jurisdiction.

Majority of cops in my town are real good at their job. But I know a few that harass you merely for looking at them.

I know there are measures to correct these issues, but as you said most of us rather complain than to come up with or demand such measures.

Guilty as charged.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LOVE this thread. carry NO respect for any PIG.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

Carefull...I just got slammed by TPTB mind control agents of ATS for using the term "pigs" and sugesting that the police stick to "the brotherhood" when examined.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have personally known some good, honest, and fair, which is key, police officers in my time. I have encountered cops that let the shield amplify their shortcomings and allow their cruel streak to shine all too brightly. Fact of the matter is, police are necessary. Police are necessary to enforce laws but not to brutalize citizens for no reason... Problem is, if a thousand police officers do their jobs to the best of their abilities without violating the Constitution in any way, all it takes is one monster to taint their efforts. They are like the lineman on the football team, no one notices them when they are doing what they are supposed to but when they mess up they become automatic pariahs.

Having said that, this excessive taser usage needs to be addressed and curtailed. I'm sure it has its place but it would seem a giant cop needs not use this device on kids, or old ladies like that one idiotic Texan that was on the news not that long ago...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
wow, and that reality right there.so sad to watch and it makes me very mad, how can they get away with stuff like this? its straight absurd! the part that got me was when the man went to all the police stations and was asking about the complaint forms. this footage is the realest evidence i have seen yet.

this is just the begining

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I couldn't watch past the boy getting tased 19 times! Police need to be retrained and screened to avoid hiring menatlly ill people with a chip on their shoulders. I don't like them.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I realize that there are probably twice as many good cops as bad cops.

2 to 1 ratio. Ya, that sounds about right.

What pisses me off most about the video, is the attitude the police have during the entire Chapter 2 portion. A respectful man walks into the department asking a simple question in a civil manner, and instantly everyone is on edge. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS?

They obviously have something to hide.

There have only been 2 instances when I've come in contact with an on duty cop, and that was going through 2 road blocks late at night while going home. On both occasions the police officer's tone was as if I were a criminal. None of this 'How you doin tonight, are you carrying your license' nonsense seen in the movies, just a 'show me your license, move along'.

I sold my car a while ago and I don't even like being on the road anymore. Whatever I can do to avoid having to run into these people. It's just not right. I thought they were put into place to protect me from the scumbags. Though, it seems they're in play to do as they please and protect themselves from everyone else.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 11/19/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this

I personally know some wonderful police officers that are honest and decent people. However, the heinous behavior like seen in this video is horrifying and can’t help but cast all police officers in a bad light.

When good police officers stand by and do nothing or say nothing to prevent or stop these atrocities, then they also become morally and legally responsible for the effects.

The police officers that are decent need to step up to the plate and take a more active role in stopping bad behavior of their fellow officers.

The public needs to continue to bring these episodes to the attention of others. Almost everyone now has a cell phone that will capture video or pictures.

When the public can no longer distinguish the behavior of the criminals from that of the police, why fund police departments with taxpayer dollars?

And I just have to say this:
The officers that shot the poor burned bleeding accident victim shaking in shock, on the side of the road, because the were afraid to “touch him” are spineless cowards and cold blooded murders. They need to be relieved of duty and prosecuted immediately.

Just my opinion, which at least I can still freely express.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It sickens me to see this kind of treatment
I have several friends that are police officers and
They tell me there definatly is a code of silence
but our smaller depts where I live actually get rid of the bad cops as soon as possible
They also see a growing concern with police brutality and have even though about quiting due to the control that cops are given over us citizens
They see the trouble were heading towards with a government owned system that is taking our rights away every day
I dont hate cops in general just the ones that are evil

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Lael it doesn't matter about the job, they still have to know and respect the law. If someone did not do anything wrong they are not obligated to give a name and address, because when you do that you relinquish authority over to them, thus they can do whatever they want. However, if you never relinquish control over to them by not giving your name and not showing your address and they take you "in" anyways that it is force and not law and thus you have a legal action to take against the authority for breaking your natural laws. That is the problem, they can't/won't/don't differentiate between what they want people to do and the law...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The only good cop is a dead cop.

Good thread. Star & Flag.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with Ozark police? I mean what the F^(%.... This is only one of the very sad stories coming from them within only the past couple of days describing a stungun or a tazer being used. Something has to be done, this is completely ridiculous. I don't care what reason what the reason to use the gun, just dont use the damn thing 19 times on a child, use it once, if he/she is still aggresive, use it once or twice more. there should be a 3 time limit on civilians under 18.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

AMEN.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Never, ever, ever trust the police.

They do not have your best interest in mind and they are the dredges of society. You need less intelligence and less mental stability to be a police officer than you need to be a brick layer.

and to make it even worse, they are above the law.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Resisting the police is a serious offense. Resisting the police will be nothing but trouble for you.

Uhhuh, and lieing on the ground with a broken back is the best form of resistance one can offer, too. Taze that hardened damn criminal, and then taze him 15 more times.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli

Originally posted by buds84

AMEN.

Are you guys posting from Prison Cells?

There are bad Cops around, but not even close to all of them. The only people who want no Police are the criminals they protect us from. You would have to be a total idiot to not want Police?

What are you two up to that makes you want the Cops dead? Do you steal, hurt people or deal Crack or something? You guys Gang Bangers? Rapists or Murderers? Shoplifters maybe? You hijack cars perhaps? Fess up, your into something bad.
Otherwise, why do you want the Cops dead? Its sure not because you are decent law abiding citizens who respect your neighbors and their property.

Of course you could just be adolescents pretending to be bad asses
You guys still in High School? Junior High? Cause if your not, you are the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join