It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squadron Of UFOs ! awesome video 2009 USA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
They don't look like lanterns to me. Too bright and moving too fast. UFO's as far as I can see, I'm no expert. Great video... S & F

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Usually I don't believe any video of UFO activity to be real, but i'm going ahead and giving this one the benefit of the doubt, it feels real to me. If not, then it's not, but I feel it's genuine due to the kind of movement I saw.

In any fashion, I'd LOVE to see this kind of reaction if there was some sort of public disclosure.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is what I saw also, these are the exact same things. Thank god someone filmed it.

This was my post recently on what I saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is more then intriguing.

:: Do not say these are Chinese lanterns or whatever else you have up your sleeve, you can clearly see in this video, they are something more then normal. ::

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I can't see anything really exciting in this video. It looks VERY much like normal lanterns being sent off in the distance. You can see that all the "lights" popup behind some trees/forest in the background, almost in the same spot.

It would be stupid NOT to think these are lanterns, in fact it would be the most plausible case. Another thing is about the blinking... this is very normal when wind hits the flame: at a distance this will generate a pulsating effect. About the magnitude of light they emit... it looks very much like what fire looks like at night. In the nighttime just a spark at a very long distance would be clearly visible. A light in pitch dark would also be very easy to find.

So we have 3 thing linking to lanterns:

Occurrence on same spot, just behind or in the forest at distance.

Relatively normal flight pattern, looks like the wind is catching them.

Blinking effect, VERY normal when flames experience wind. This cause a blinking/pulsating effect when viewed at a long distance.

The light emitted is red-ish - again it looks very much like a flame.

To call this real UFO's would be stupid, nothing indicates anything else that something artificially created.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

i have watched that video at least 30 times before it was posted in this thread and i think it's ball lightning because there is a rain storm that starts towards the end of the video.

just my .02 if it matters any

Funny you would say that.

Let me give you Wikipedia's definition of ball lightning:

Ball lightning is a debated and controversial atmospheric electrical phenomenon. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt.
Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to any naturally occurring phenomenon. Scientific data on natural ball lightning is scarce owing to its infrequency and unpredictability. The presumption of its existence is based on reported public sightings, and has therefore produced somewhat inconsistent findings. Given inconsistencies and the lack of reliable data, the true nature of ball lightning is still unknown.[1] Until recently, ball lightning was often regarded as a fantasy or a hoax, but some serious scientific discussions and theories have attempted to explain it.

If you check other scientific sources you'll find that this definition is a fair summary of what science knows about ball lightning.
As anyone can see, it is not a fully understood phenomenon, and it is only by creating a similar phenomenon in a controlled lab environment that some have ventured to speculate that 'ball lightning' is a natural phenomenon somehow related to other atmospheric electric phenomenon.

'Ball Lightning' observations are rare, however reports of UFOs and orbs in the proximity of thunderstorms is common to UFO research.

So, ball lightning is not a recognized natural phenomenon, the ball lightning produced in lab experiments behave erratically, do not stay in the air and are extremely short-lived, a few seconds at most.

What you refer to as 'Ball Ligtning' could very well NOT be a natural phenomenon.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
They appear to be lanterns to me too. I have set off many to get peoples reaction and the bright glow just before the go out and the flickering. Go to Ebay and order yourself a bunch they sell them by the case and you can make videos too.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
They appear to be lanterns to me too. I have set off many to get peoples reaction and the bright glow just before the go out and the flickering. Go to Ebay and order yourself a bunch they sell them by the case and you can make videos too.

No thanks, I'd rather enjoy the moment.
(Plus, last time I went on eBay I ended up buying two jerseys and a hat of my broncos, not wise for a laid off guy)

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's a screen shot. I say it's definitely a reflection of chinese lanterns off some swamp gas, no doubt.

Also if you scroll the video to around 3:52, on the bottom right a light appears from nowhere, so I guess they make chinese lanterns that ignite by themselves in mid-air.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1ae06fb94f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Freezer]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Stop this stupid... "debunkers are saying swamp gass stuff" it is #ing annoying to hear this all the time. We are not saying this... you are filling our mouths with disinformation. We are only trying to rationalize like every human being should do. This... "ohh a UFO... it CAN'T be lanterns" is getting tiring to hear.

I am not a non-believing debunking idiot, but at least I try ti analyze and come up with something rational. You come with nothing.

None of the lights magically appear in the sky in that video... they all are very dim and light up some times. You can even see a clear flight pattern from the spot were they all started appearing.

Jesus... come on people... live up to the expectation of ATS, this is getting really awkward and stupid.

EDIT:
Spelling.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Glad I'm not alone in this feeling. It gets pretty tiresome at times, but what can ya do, those damn rules ATS have..
Sometimes I just wanna get all random forum on some posters...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My Grandson and his friend saw a UFO that blinked fast kinda like the ones shown here..... this was in PA on Mon. Oct. 26th but ours departed at lightning speed toward Philly.

It's just nice to see people are watching the skies and having cameras at the ready, unfortunately what happened here in PA was so fast you didn't have time to capture a picture even if you had the camera with you.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Today an object in the sky could be whatever you want.

There are geeks playing with a lot of stuff you know, and they take picture from the sky by night.

There are cheep helicopter.

And there are human made drone.

I am a lot more interrest in object breaking our theory of reality, physic, etc.

And i take a lot attention to nasa video and photos (even if they don't want to tell you what they know, and don't know ).

[edit on 16-11-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
just another unclear UFO vid to me...once again it happens in america and nowhere else...and once again all you see are unclear dots that could be anything. nothing out of the ordinary

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
reply to post by Freezer

Stop this stupid... "debunkers are saying swamp gass stuff" it is #ing annoying to hear this all the time. We are not saying this... you are filling our mouths with disinformation.

Maybe it's annoying to hear chinese lantern everytime videos of lights are posted? But do I start swearing and attack forum members? No, I'll make a light hearted joke about it. If you can't take a joke then leave, not my problem.

reply to post by Freezer

We are only trying to rationalize like every human being should do. This... "ohh a UFO... it CAN'T be lanterns" is getting tiring to hear.
[edit on 16-11-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

Did I say it's a UFO or alien space craft? Who's putting words into who's mouth? Personally I don't think you can determine anything from this video given the distances and poor resolution.

None of the lights magically appear in the sky in that video... they all are very dim and light up some times.

Might want to take a closer look, instead of taking out your anger on me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2803f3f9564.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Great vid but I really do believe these are Chinese Laterns. I live in N.London and about a year ago I saw a strange glowing light in the sky, it moved silently, almost hovered at various points and I thought it was a UFO. I was on my way home and another person on the street stopped and watched, so I know it was not me and it was quite amazing. I am a UFO believer and recently I was on my flat balcony and I saw the same thing again, floating by my window, I ran to grab my camera but it had gone.

3 days later ( 5th Nov) I went to a Fireworks display in N.London and was telling friends about what I saw when spookily enough the same light appeared again, just as in the videos out of nowere. My friends were amazed, then another one appeared, then another one appread further away in the end about 4-5 appeared in the sky. We got the camera out and when looking to take the shots the colour is manuipulated. Also with low grade cameras the quality of the image and behaviour is different to what the eye see's. Using a powerful zoom lense we did see they were clearly Chinese Laterns, and yes they blink, they light up and die down, change direction, etc etc. They look very strange.

I would not debunk UFO sources for fun as I cant wait for disclosure or proof but my personal experinces tells me that what is in this clip is identical to what I experience with sceptical friends and using a powerful lense got my answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This was excellent! thank you for sharing
The crowd reaction is great, but i love when the camera guy realizes what hes actually looking at! lol.. no one can say an absolute fake or real but still, very impressive S&F

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

The news theory...ah yes, you gotta love the simplistic mind of the debunker. "If its real...then why isn't it in the news?..."I didn't see it in print in my local newspaper when I was taking a dump this morning, therefore the possibility of its existence is absolutely nullified!!!

Continuing the ad hom attacks I see. Guess anyone who doesn't instantly go "OOOH I BELIEVE NOW TEH ALIENZ IS THAR!!!!!!!" must be a debunker and up for your ridicule.

Don't bother to read my post at all, and see that I'm open to review all aspects of it, no, you just want people to go "OHHH AHHH!" or else.

you sir, are nothing but a troll.

(ps, *Plonk* - the sound of the ignore button, I'm tired of you trolls making ATS a laughing stock. the less I read of you the better.)

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

How do we know that it isn't you who is the troll? Wasn't it technically you that made the first attack??? As a matter of fact, I don't remember ever rattling your cage at all...YOU RATTLED MINE!!!

By the way, my dad can beat up yours!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Chinese Lanterns = Swamp Gas circa 2009 duh!

I like this video. The reactions seem genuine. I've seen similar lights before many many years ago and I'm guessing that the camera/video does no justice to the size of the lights.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The movements are way to rapid for it to be lanterns you dont have to be a genious to figure that out, even the wind cant produce them sorts of irratic changes of direction...

Still regardless if its a hoax or real footage...it will be lost in the endless sea of evidence and forgotten about-i think were way past the point of questioning existence now dont you think? if you dont believe then thats something you need to personally work on and ask yourself why and what is the reason of this barrier thats stopping you exploring the seemingly impossible?? It really isnt such a ridiculous assumption to make anymore-we know they are real.

No personal attack on anyone by the way...

Not long now my friends

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok, I'm not sure how a craft would act but I would say that these act more like lanterns than a craft.

They seem to come from the same place, rising up.
They seem to move in the same direction.
They seem to move reasonably slow, even though this is close to impossible to discern.
They flash/flicker then go out.

Although they seem big, bright and maybe too swift to be lanterns it seems like they have more chance of being lanterns than anything else.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join